The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   And the press begins... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57806)

LB Freakazoid 04-20-2018 12:29 PM

And the press begins...

According to my dvr, FM will be appearing on CBS This Morning on April 25th.

secondhandchain 04-20-2018 12:54 PM

GROSS! This is disgusting and I bet they will be all phony and Stevie will be SO happy. VOMIT

button-lip 04-20-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1223853)
GROSS! This is disgusting and I bet they will be all phony and Stevie will be SO happy. VOMIT

I can't wait to see Stevie and Mick telling how Lindsey "left" the band. But the press said otherwise. So let's see how they get out of this mess. :lol:

Storms123 04-20-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1223854)
I can't wait to see Stevie and Mick telling how Lindsey "left" the band. But the press said otherwise. So let's see how they get out of this mess. :lol:

It’s good to be John McVie!!

bombaysaffires 04-20-2018 01:29 PM

the hosts are non-threatening, but Oprah's best buddy Gayle will def be the one asking the questions about Lindsey and people saying he was fired, not "left".

Let's make bets now... My bet:

Stevie: We love Lindsey I've known Lindsey since I was 16, we all want the best for Lindsey and we're heartbroken he's not with us but you know, Fleetwood Mac has to go on and we all wish him the best in everything in life and we're gonna go on with this tour which was already booked and we know it'll be a lot of fun.

Mick: The history of FM has always been about carrying on, members come and go, and this is what we do, it's what we've always done, we pick ourselves up and we carry on.

John: ...........................:laugh:

Chris: Ah, now this is where I'm not sure-- she doesn't have the same predictable script as the others.........

button-lip 04-20-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1223860)
the hosts are non-threatening, but Oprah's best buddy Gayle will def be the one asking the questions about Lindsey and people saying he was fired, not "left".

Stevie: We love Lindsey I've known Lindsey since I was 16, we all want the best for Lindsey and we're heartbroken he's not with us but you know, Fleetwood Mac has to go on and we all wish him the best in everything in life and we're gonna go on with this tour which was already booked and we know it'll be a lot of fun.

Mick: The history of FM has always been about carrying on, members come and go, and this is what we do, it's what we've always done, we pick ourselves up and we carry on.

Chris: Ah, now this is where I'm not sure-- she doesn't have the same predictable script as the others.........

Awwww, you got me with the heartbroken part! :lol::lol:

DashingDan 04-20-2018 01:42 PM

Oh my, you have a really good chance of being 100% accurate with SN's remark. It scans perfectly. Close your eyes and you can see and hear her saying it with a mic held up to her.

Quote:

NotonRodeo 04-20-2018 02:00 PM

Somehow it is appropriate that one of the biggest hits of this band is "Little Lies." :p

Feather Blade 04-20-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

What if instead of John sitting there like the proverbial bump on a log, he suddenly freaked out, said he was sick of all the decades of drama, quit the band live on the air and stomped off to go have some peace and quiet on his boat? That might be some unexpected drama with your morning show coffee. :lol:

Storms123 04-20-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1223871)
Somehow it is appropriate that one of the biggest hits of this band is "Little Lies." :p

Now this is funny!!

bwboy 04-20-2018 02:47 PM

Hot Damn! Now THIS is why I check the FM Ledge message boards! Cannot wait to see this! Besides an interview with the band, we're bound to see tour rehearsal footage and get a small idea of what kind of songs they'll be performing. And I would wager tour dates will be announced that same day or within a week after this appearance.

gldstwmn 04-20-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 1223850)
According to my dvr, FM will be appearing on CBS This Morning on April 25th.

Can't wait! :blob1:

gldstwmn 04-20-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1223872)
What if instead of John sitting there like the proverbial bump on a log, he suddenly freaked out, said he was sick of all the decades of drama, quit the band live on the air and stomped off to go have some peace and quiet on his boat? That might be some unexpected drama with your morning show coffee. :lol:

I would pay for that. :lol:

gldstwmn 04-20-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1223881)
Hot Damn! Now THIS is why I check the FM Ledge message boards! Cannot wait to see this! Besides an interview with the band, we're bound to see tour rehearsal footage and get a small idea of what kind of songs they'll be performing. And I would wager tour dates will be announced that same day or within a week after this appearance.

Dates are rumoured to be released on 4/23.

Feather Blade 04-20-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1223885)
Dates are rumoured to be released on 4/23.

Something to look forward to on a Monday back at work. :o

aleuzzi 04-20-2018 03:22 PM

Don’t be sure any answers will be forthcoming, not that the hosts will ask the tough questions. My assumption is four or five managers laid out a pretty tight script and dog and pony show.

Feather Blade 04-20-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1223893)
Don’t be sure any answers will be forthcoming, not that the hosts will ask the tough questions. My assumption is four or five managers laid out a pretty tight script and dog and pony show.

That would be my assumption too. Just a promotional appearance to get the ball rolling on the tour. That's all these things ever are.

gldstwmn 04-20-2018 04:54 PM

Are they performing?

bwboy 04-20-2018 05:05 PM

It says it's an interview, so I doubt they will perform. I also think it will be a pre-taped profile piece.

secondhandchain 04-20-2018 05:13 PM

I am so done with this band. What a nightmare. Vom.

AncientQueen 04-20-2018 05:54 PM

I absolutely cannot muster even the slightest spark of interest in this mess, no matter how hard I try. This is just unworthy.

Dr.Brown 04-20-2018 06:48 PM

Can't help but think of Pink Floyd's Money whenever I think of this band now. :(

The music pairs well with Paper Doll - just mute the sound on the Fleetwood Mac video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SOmSEZGzY

And play the Pink Floyd (music runs a bit longer than the FM vid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

gldstwmn 04-20-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1223898)
I am so done with this band. What a nightmare. Vom.

We wish you all the best!

Kubrick2788 04-20-2018 08:31 PM

speaking of Paper Doll...

I would love to hear them do Paper Doll on the tour :)

onlynow 04-21-2018 12:29 PM

During which half hour do u think they will appear on the show? I am guessing they show entertainers toward the end? Thanks!

bombaysaffires 04-21-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1223897)
It says it's an interview, so I doubt they will perform. I also think it will be a pre-taped profile piece.

I agree with this. It is safer, besides, it is in keeping with what they've tended to do in the past-- have different interviewers record pieces in whatever soundstage where they are rehearsing. It saves the band a lot of running around and makes scheduling easier to just have a day or two where all the interviewers come to them rather than them going all over.

I guarantee there were managers etc standing right out of camera range ready to nip any untoward questions right in the bud.

secondhandchain 04-21-2018 04:53 PM

It' going to be nothing but fluff piece per the bands demands. Mark my words. Barely a mention of LB leaving. Stevie is going to do all the talking and will be in her glory because Lindsey is gone and a Heartbreaker is in the band. BARF

bwboy 04-21-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1223941)
I agree with this. It is safer, besides, it is in keeping with what they've tended to do in the past-- have different interviewers record pieces in whatever soundstage where they are rehearsing. It saves the band a lot of running around and makes scheduling easier to just have a day or two where all the interviewers come to them rather than them going all over.

I guarantee there were managers etc standing right out of camera range ready to nip any untoward questions right in the bud.

Yes, I'm sure you're right... much the same way it was when Christine and Lindsey were interviewed by CBS last year. Or during the print interview Lindsey gave in which his agent or manager or somebody intervened when the interviewer asked why Stevie wasn't on the Buck Vie album. As you said, nipping any untoward questions right in the bud. The band members are all cut from the same cloth.

It is definitely safer for the band to do a pre-taped piece, but also more practical. The band is rehearsing and getting ready for their tour, plus unless John or Christine are specifically asked a question, they won't say a word. I imagine the same might be true of Mike, so I'm glad the interview will be pre-taped. It guarantees we'll hear something from each member.

missundercover 04-22-2018 02:47 AM

Can't wait for the interview & coming to the Ledge to read about your takes on it.
I hope we get at least a little impression of what went down.
I mostly have been on the Stevie side of the Mac, but having played the guitar for many years, I must say Lindsey holds a special part of my heart as well. I feel like my parents got divorced and I don't know which side I shall support. :shocked:

bwboy 04-22-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missundercover (Post 1223982)
Can't wait for the interview & coming to the Ledge to read about your takes on it.
I hope we get at least a little impression of what went down.
I mostly have been on the Stevie side of the Mac, but having played the guitar for many years, I must say Lindsey holds a special part of my heart as well. I feel like my parents got divorced and I don't know which side I shall support. :shocked:

I say... support them both, if you're so inclined. Doesn't have to be exclusive.

FuzzyPlum 04-22-2018 02:47 PM

I read a post on Micks Instagram saying people were going to make their voices heard to CBS. Does anyone know whether some sort of demonstration is going to take place during this forthcoming morning show?

elle 04-22-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1224011)
I read a post on Micks Instagram saying people were going to make their voices heard to CBS. Does anyone know whether some sort of demonstration is going to take place during this forthcoming morning show?

i doubt it. like people here say, it sounds like a pre-recorded interview.

but i've seen a lot of social media clamoring and telling CBS to ask hard questions.

#notgonnahappen

PS i've also heard about Heartbreakers fans wearing shirts to demonstrate what they see as a Mike Campbell sellout and backstabbing action, to both Tom's memory and to LB, yesterday at the benefit where Heartbreakers members were a house band. there were also people going around with those flyers that seem to be popping up around LA and particularly Mick and Lindsey's neighborhoods.

FuzzyPlum 04-22-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1224015)
i doubt it. like people here say, it sounds like a pre-recorded interview.

but i've seen a lot of social media clamoring and telling CBS to ask hard questions.

#notgonnahappen

PS i've also heard about Heartbreakers fans wearing shirts to demonstrate what they see as a Mike Campbell sellout and backstabbing action, to both Tom's memory and to LB, yesterday at the benefit where Heartbreakers members were a house band. there were also people going around with those flyers that seem to be popping up around LA and particularly Mick and Lindsey's neighborhoods.

Flyers? Not heard about that.

elle 04-22-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1224016)
Flyers? Not heard about that.

there was another one i can't find right now saying something like "Mick Fleetwood is an a$$hole".

there were showing up in different colors, popping up all over social media.

different theories on who went to trouble to make these, and whether it's just a single person, a group of people, or multiple unrelated people, like with #istandwithlindsey shirts. there were some twisted theories about plotting in some secret SN groups how this would somehow make LB look bad, or much less convoluted general theories of enraged FM fans making them. :shrug:

sodascouts 04-22-2018 03:48 PM

He says he found it in Brentwood. Does Lindsey still live there? I wonder what he would think if he saw it.

Storms123 04-22-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1224019)
He says he found it in Brentwood. Does Lindsey still live there? I wonder what he would think if he saw it.

Would the band/promoters/managers whomever is responsible for this isht storm, admit wrong doing, try to patch it up :)
I can absolutely see the band blaming the promoters by the way--and since we can't pick them out of a lineup..........

HomerMcvie 04-22-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1224017)

there was another one i can't find right now saying something like "Mick Fleetwood is an a$$hole".

there were showing up in different colors, popping up all over social media.

different theories on who went to trouble to make these, and whether it's just a single person, a group of people, or multiple unrelated people, like with #istandwithlindsey shirts. there were some twisted theories about plotting in some secret SN groups how this would somehow make LB look bad, or much less convoluted general theories of enraged FM fans making them. :shrug:

OMFG, I need a T-shirt made of this! :angel::angel::angel:

button-lip 04-22-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1224022)
OMFG, I need a T-shirt made of this! :angel::angel::angel:

Haha! And another one with Mick: :angel:

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...psdysowkz6.png

bombaysaffires 04-22-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1223951)
Yes, I'm sure you're right... much the same way it was when Christine and Lindsey were interviewed by CBS last year. Or during the print interview Lindsey gave in which his agent or manager or somebody intervened when the interviewer asked why Stevie wasn't on the Buck Vie album. As you said, nipping any untoward questions right in the bud. The band members are all cut from the same cloth.

It is definitely safer for the band to do a pre-taped piece, but also more practical. The band is rehearsing and getting ready for their tour, plus unless John or Christine are specifically asked a question, they won't say a word. I imagine the same might be true of Mike, so I'm glad the interview will be pre-taped. It guarantees we'll hear something from each member.

I stand by my prediction on another thread on here:

Stevie will say- We all love Lindsey and wish him the best; I've known him since I was 16 and we have a lot of history together and as much as it breaks my heart that he is not on this tour and i wish he was, we all do, but Fleetwood Mac must go on, we owe it to the fans, and we know it will be great Mike is a great guy and so is whats his name

Mick will say: Fleetwood Mac always carries on, we have had key players come and go before, and that's how we got Stevie and Lindsey and we don't know any other way to be as a band but to add new people and continue on

Chris might say something like-- Well, we're never boring that's for sure. I was bored sitting home in Kent all those years and I wanted more excitement, well I definitely got it! I love Lindsey and we're still friends and we will keep playing.

Storms123 04-22-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1224029)
I stand by my prediction on another thread on here:

Stevie will say- We all love Lindsey and wish him the best; I've known him since I was 16 and we have a lot of history together and as much as it breaks my heart that he is not on this tour and i wish he was, we all do, but Fleetwood Mac must go on, we owe it to the fans, and we know it will be great Mike is a great guy and so is whats his name

Mick will say: Fleetwood Mac always carries on, we have had key players come and go before, and that's how we got Stevie and Lindsey and we don't know any other way to be as a band but to add new people and continue on

Chris might say something like-- Well, we're never boring that's for sure. I was bored sitting home in Kent all those years and I wanted more excitement, well I definitely got it! I love Lindsey and we're still friends and we will keep playing.

I totally agree with all of this. But Christine--are you and Lindsey still friends???HMMM methinks perhaps NO.. LOL--
Also looking forward to Stevie's mentionitis kicking in during the tour. She can't help it---will start with Tom and somehow Lindsey will work his way in, and that will just be AWKWARD.