The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BuckVie Album Cover Question (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57070)

Fleetwood Jack 04-13-2017 11:24 AM

BuckVie Album Cover Question

This may have been asked in another thread, but is it just me or does the cover look really photoshopped. To me it looks like they're not in the same room together. That's probably just me, but if any photo genius can clear things up I'd really really appreciate it.

AlexD 04-13-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack (Post 1206554)
This may have been asked in another thread, but is it just me or does the cover look really photoshopped. To me it looks like they're not in the same room together. That's probably just me, but if any photo genius can clear things up I'd really really appreciate it.

Yeah everyone says this. I think it's a metaphor for it being a duet album, but at the same time they just worked on their own songs separately and then put them together in the end.

24karatstevie 04-13-2017 11:36 AM

I too think that it it 2 different photos. I prefer some of the other photos some have posted, but oh well the cover really doesn't matter as much as the music.

HomerMcvie 04-13-2017 11:51 AM

I still have no idea who that woman on ITM was!

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1206561)
I still have no idea who that woman on ITM was!

It was I!!!

SisterNightroad 04-13-2017 02:58 PM

Someone on the other thread noticed that Christine's hair has ben cut and pasted in a not very refined way.

On another note now that I look better at the cover, Christine looks slightly aversed too:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9LcikVWAAEHnan.jpg

Who chose this picture?

AncientQueen 04-13-2017 03:56 PM

I love her, but this picture is a photoshop crime. Chris looks horrible here.

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1206583)
Who chose this picture?

Jeri Heidon- SMOG Design

Elliefw 04-13-2017 04:02 PM

I don't know if it's just me but I think her eyes look like they're going in completely opasite directions.i really liked the photo from the uncut magazine I would have preferred that. Having said that idgaf what cover they use as long as the musics decent

jwd 04-13-2017 04:04 PM

Did Stevie have something to do with this?!!!!:mad:

BombaySapphire3 04-13-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1206594)

Or one of her minions? It does look cheap and terrible.

jwd 04-13-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1206596)

I think she really is a witch.......

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1206597)
I think she really is a witch.......

witches don't ramble on about themselves for hours on end.. :lol:

bwboy 04-13-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1206596)

Lol, if you think it looks cheap and terrible, it's all Lindsey and Christine!

BombaySapphire3 04-13-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1206606)
Lol, if you think it looks cheap and terrible, it's all Lindsey and Christine!

uh .. I meant spliced appearance of the photos and the style of the album cover in general..the word tacky comes to mind.

aleuzzi 04-13-2017 06:49 PM

I really don't think it's bad!

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1206621)
I really don't think it's bad!

I don't either. I don't love it, though.

DauphineMarie 04-13-2017 10:37 PM

As much as I personally dislike this album cover, the other side of me really hurts for the legacy of this band, should this incarnation be the last, considering how bad this is... Who approved this???

BombaySapphire3 04-13-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DauphineMarie (Post 1206674)
As much as I personally dislike this album cover, the other side of me really hurts for the legacy of this band, should this incarnation be the last, considering how bad this is... Who approved this???

Someone with a serious taste deficit:shrug: Herbert Worthington 111 must be spinning in his grave.

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 10:53 PM

I will be forever frustrated not to know what they were wearing on their feet on that particular day (or those particular days).

TrueFaith77 04-13-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1206689)
I will be forever frustrated not to know what they were wearing on their feet on that particular day (or those particular days).

Find my soul
Nobody wears shoes
In my world
In my world
Nobody leaves
Noooooo-nobody here
Is really there

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1206689)

In my world,
everybody's gay
Nobody wishes for boots all summer long.

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 11:26 PM

Perhaps Lindsey was wearing shiny pink high-heels. That's why he's standing so awkwardly. I think that would be a fetching look for him in those tight jeans.

Frankenstein 04-14-2017 12:07 AM

The cover is bad. The lighting on both of them doesn't match up so it seems obvious it's a splice job. Also, it looks like Lindsey has major camel toe going on. So awkward

sorcerer999 04-14-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1206594)

No, but it looks like her brother Christopher's work! :lol:

dontlookdown 04-14-2017 12:39 AM

It's not the best cover.
Where were you Danny Clinch?

bwboy 04-14-2017 07:14 AM

After seeing this cover, I suddenly have a greater appreciation for the cover of Behind the Mask!

DauphineMarie 04-14-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1206750)
After seeing this cover, I suddenly have a greater appreciation for the cover of Behind the Mask!

Behind the Mask looks like a Renaissance masterpiece comparatively speaking

ricohv 04-14-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1206723)
The cover is bad. The lighting on both of them doesn't match up so it seems obvious it's a splice job. Also, it looks like Lindsey has major camel toe going on. So awkward

I had to scroll through & see if anyone mentioned this-I didn't wanna be the first to say it! What on earth is going on with those jeans?!? :shrug:
Why does it make me feel kind of WEIRD inside to look at him in those jeans? (besides the obvious: he might be too old for skinny jeans)
Ok-sorry! but I had to vent :eek:
Ricoh

SisterNightroad 04-14-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricohv (Post 1206773)
I had to scroll through & see if anyone mentioned this-I didn't wanna be the first to say it! What on earth is going on with those jeans?!? :shrug:
Why does it make me feel kind of WEIRD inside to look at him in those jeans? (besides the obvious: he might be too old for skinny jeans)
Ok-sorry! but I had to vent :eek:
Ricoh

Actually in the other thread a few days ago I noted that Lindsey's pained look on the cover could be attributed to his jeggings being too tight and that it's not a good thing for the prostate of a man of his age.

wondergirl9847 04-14-2017 12:02 PM

Oy.

Jesus H. Lord. Can they PLEASE for the love of all that is holy let the fans come up with their packaging and photos? I've seen fanart that made me WEEP because it was so awesome. There are some amazing pics that I've seen that could have been used other than this.

WHY GOD? :shrug:

Anyway, can't wait to hear what's on the album.

Nathan 04-14-2017 03:00 PM

He needs to get some 513s. I don't think people want to see where his penis ends.

Jeans too skinny.

lilyfee 04-14-2017 05:31 PM

I don't like the cover much at all. Lindsey looks like he wants to hit the photographer with his guitar and Christine looks like someone just ordered her to "say cheese.":eek:

I also don't like how their feet are cut off. Just kind of an odd photo altogether, and I don't get the color scheme. Minus the too-tight jeggings, I like their outfits though.

jwd 04-15-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1206724)
No, but it looks like her brother Christopher's work! :lol:

Haha, good one! :lol: Yeah, Stevie would never do her own dirty work.

Lindsey?! How in the hell can you be comfortable in those jeans!!! He's got more balls than me!!!! :p

Have to say that both Linds and Chris look exceptionally fit, especially for people their age. Kudos!

FuzzyPlum 04-15-2017 02:59 PM

Perhaps, rather than using crappy photoshopped photos on the cover they should have used the first painting Lindsey took off the wall in his house, a la Tang In The Night. Plenty to choose from...

https://www.editoratlarge.com/system...19.40%20PM.png

In fact, the one in the middle would have been ideal with Buckingham/McVie names next to the figures. It might be a Lowry but I'm not sure???

TheWildHeart67 04-15-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Perhaps, rather than using crappy photoshopped photos on the cover they should have used the first painting Lindsey took off the wall in his house, a la Tang In The Night. Plenty to choose from...
Or perhaps they could have, I dunno, POSED for a cover photo in a photo session like normal artists do.
But as synthetic as the first single is, I guess doing anything organic regarding this project was out of the question?:shrug:
Maybe his skinny jeans were too tight for him to walk to where Christine was standing LOL

elle 04-15-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1206978)
Or perhaps they could have, I dunno, POSED for a cover photo in a photo session like normal artists do.
But as synthetic as the first single is, I guess doing anything organic regarding this project was out of the question?:shrug:
Maybe his skinny jeans were too tight for him to walk to where Christine was standing LOL

why are people so surprised to see his skinny jeans? were you not there for 2014/15 FM tour? same pants, same LB. :shrug:

surprising thing is that they actually did pose together, and there is that whole batch of pics slowly coming out used by different articles and venues where they both look so natural and so themselves. and they both look great in those. i guess that was too normal and not aloof enough or something? or the cover needed to be taken and decided upon earlier while Christine was still back in the UK, and they did this new batch of photos now when she's back in LA.

tabruns 04-15-2017 04:17 PM

I like the album cover. Buckingham looks slightly peeved though....maybe because its a single duet album rather than the double Fleetwood Mac album that he was pushing.

Speaking of, Nicks's reason for not wanting to go into the studio to do an album is that it's "not worth it" because it "won't sell".....but she still put out '24 Karat Gold' knowing full well that it would likely sell under 100K. Meanwhile, the last Mac album did sell 900K. I'd bet that a new Mac would at least go Gold.

FuzzyPlum 04-15-2017 04:26 PM

He's ready to punch somebody. Possibly the photographer.

Why does he often seem to have a clenched fist in recent photographs?

AlexD 04-15-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1206992)
He's ready to punch somebody. Possibly the photographer.

Why does he often seem to have a clenched fist in recent photographs?

Looks ready to throw a guitar!