The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Changes to the set list for the second leg of the tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56852)

bwboy 02-08-2017 03:55 PM

Changes to the set list for the second leg of the tour

Any guesses? I don't think there will be a lot of changes, for example I'm sure she'll keep the songs from 24 Karat, the Bella Donna/Wild Heart combo, and Crying in the Night. She had mentioned Rooms on Fire several times prior to the first leg, so I wonder if she'll include it this time? With Ooh My Love being included in the Fleetwood Mac Tango expanded edition, this would be a great time to include that song, too.

24karatstevie 02-08-2017 05:08 PM

I'm predicting that the setlist will stay the same. She may bring back Outside the Rain/Dreams instead of Gypsy. I think she will keep Landslide even though I really loved when she closed the show with Leather and Lace during the first part of the tour. I would love Rooms on Fire and was hoping she would perform it since she talked about it. I also think it would be neat if she rotated some of the 24 Karat Gold songs and put in 24 Karat Gold and All the Beautiful Worlds.

lilyfee 02-08-2017 07:23 PM

We know Rooms on Fire is/was definitely on Stevie's mind!

I could also envision Lady from 24K. All the Beautiful Worlds would be great too.:nod:

I could see something else in Gypsy's place as well, such as another FM song. Sara? Angel?

I'd love to see Nightbird live.

bwboy 02-08-2017 08:49 PM

Hmmm... since Stevie isn't touring with Buckingham McVie, I wonder if she might include a few more FM songs now. Personally, I hope she doesn't, but I can see why she might now.

Macfan4life 02-09-2017 06:09 AM

I am curious too. Stevie does not change that much but this tour she has surprised many with songs and changes so far. I too would love to hear Rooms on Fire but I would say drop one of the 24k gold songs (don't flame me). :eek:

GavinBrown 02-09-2017 11:15 AM

I could see her dropping Enchanted and maybe adding Rooms on Fire, other than that? I wouldn't hold my breath!

SisterNightroad 02-09-2017 11:28 AM

I think she'll probably do like during the first leg of the tour, she'll slowly drop three or four songs along the way to substitute them with another song.

dreamsunwind 02-09-2017 10:46 PM

I wonder if she'll still put the BN album photo up during Crying in the Night if she keeps it on the setlist. Might be kind of awkward with everyone now knowing about Buckingham McVie. Or could be not awkward at all and it's just me who thinks that, but it's a thought.

SpyNote 02-10-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1201331)
I'm predicting that the setlist will stay the same. She may bring back Outside the Rain/Dreams instead of Gypsy. I think she will keep Landslide even though I really loved when she closed the show with Leather and Lace during the first part of the tour. I would love Rooms on Fire and was hoping she would perform it since she talked about it. I also think it would be neat if she rotated some of the 24 Karat Gold songs and put in 24 Karat Gold and All the Beautiful Worlds.

I think it will remain the same too. The first set list itself was a monumental change for her. But I hope we get at least one new song.

BlueLight 02-10-2017 12:04 PM

I'd love to see her drop New Orleans for basically...any other song. But I doubt that will happen.

I bet we'll get an almost identical setlist, with perhaps 2-3 changes/updates over the court of the leg, just like last time.

bwboy 02-10-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueLight (Post 1201419)
I'd love to see her drop New Orleans for basically...any other song. But I doubt that will happen.

I bet we'll get an almost identical setlist, with perhaps 2-3 changes/updates over the court of the leg, just like last time.

But for Stevie, that's a lot of changes! I think the set list will be mostly the same, but with 1 or 2 new songs in and and 1 or 2 songs out.

WatchChain 02-11-2017 11:55 AM

Our girl is not known for making spontaneous changes to anything. Her career is not known for being unpredictable. I predict the same set list, save for maybe one song.

SpyNote 02-14-2017 11:50 AM

And watch, she'll blow us away by throwing in "Nightbird," "Sable on Blond" and "The Highwayman." :laugh:

gldstwmn 02-14-2017 01:06 PM

It's such a great show. She should keep it as is.

DauphineMarie 02-14-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 1201572)
And watch, she'll blow us away by throwing in "Nightbird," "Sable on Blond" and "The Highwayman." :laugh:

If that were to happen, and I already having been to the first leg of the tour, didn't get to hear this, there will be rioting from me!!

Japhry 02-15-2017 02:25 PM

In reality, I think very little about the setlist would change, but this might be cool:

replace Enchanted with Rooms on Fire
replace Starshine with Mabel Normand
replace If You Were My Love with She Loves Him Still

JohnL 02-15-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhry (Post 1201622)
In reality, I think very little about the setlist would change, but this might be cool:

replace All the Beautiful Worlds with She Loves Him Still

Did you mean If You Were My Love? She isn't doing All the Beautiful Worlds.

Japhry 02-15-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1201624)
Did you mean If You Were My Love? She isn't doing All the Beautiful Worlds.

Yes, I did :shocked:

mitzo 02-15-2017 05:04 PM

If You Were My Love is the best part of the show. DO NOT TOUCH IT.

BlueLight 02-15-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japhry (Post 1201622)

replace If You Were My Love with She Loves Him Still

I like where you're going here. I LOVE IYWML live, though.

Enchanted and Starshine are both so similar in sound and tempo, however, that I'd love to see Starshine swapped out for Mabel Normand. And Rooms on Fire would be fantastic!

McDoobler 02-16-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1201627)

Moonlight is the best part of the show, but If You Were My Love is way up there too.

Someone in the front row should give her a white rose during that line in the song.

Nathan 02-16-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDoobler (Post 1201690)
Moonlight is the best part of the show, but If You Were My Love is way up there too.

Someone in the front row should give her a white rose during that line in the song.

I'm on it.

Here I was wanting her to cut that song. Now if I can find white roses, I'm gonna want her to keep it.

wheart 02-17-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1201627)

Different strokes... that would be the FIRST song I would put on the chopping block.

StevieandChris 02-18-2017 01:28 PM

I LOVED seeing her at MSG last year! I was bummed that I did not get to hear Outside the Rain (have never heard that live) but was stoked to hear Bella Donna, Wild Heart, Belle Fleur, If You Were My Love, and Gold and Braid.

I would personally love it if she replaced
If Anyone Falls with...Rooms on Fire (I have never liked If Anyone Falls live)
Enchanted with...24 Karat Gold
New Orleans with...All the Beautiful Worlds

And I'd want her to add Outside the Rain and Dreams back in but keep Gypsy :-) :-)

I am in the minority that I never get tired of hearing Landslide live, but that may be because I rarely listen to it on my iPod. I think it's the perfect live song and I get chills and tear up in every concert.

I remember thinking why is there nothing from Trouble in Shangri-La on this tour but then I realized she actually performed a few songs from that pretty regularly in the 2000s (Sorcerer, Fall from Grace, Love Is) so I guess that's why.

annabellee 02-18-2017 05:19 PM

Haewafy!

Why this setlist doesn't end with Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You is inexcusable. INEXCUSABLE.:shrug:

Nathan 02-18-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1201797)
I LOVED seeing her at MSG last year! I was bummed that I did not get to hear Outside the Rain (have never heard that live) but was stoked to hear Bella Donna, Wild Heart, Belle Fleur, If You Were My Love, and Gold and Braid.

I would personally love it if she replaced
If Anyone Falls with...Rooms on Fire (I have never liked If Anyone Falls live)
Enchanted with...24 Karat Gold
New Orleans with...All the Beautiful Worlds

I remember thinking why is there nothing from Trouble in Shangri-La on this tour but then I realized she actually performed a few songs from that pretty regularly in the 2000s (Sorcerer, Fall from Grace, Love Is) so I guess that's why.

I like your set list edits but I would also swap if you were my love for something...cathouse blues could be fun.

As for TISL, how about a live Candlebright? She should work that one in sometime. I do wonder if there are any older outtakes of that one, like we just found with Sorcerer on the deluxe WH.

Frankenstein 02-18-2017 11:38 PM

I wish she would switch out at least Starshine for a different 24K track, possibly IYWML as well.

24karatstevie 02-19-2017 04:12 AM

I think it would be cool if she had at least one song from every album in the set list. That way her whole solo career would be represented.

dersaw 02-19-2017 06:57 AM

Hyde Park

As she is coming to the UK in July, it would be good to include Rooms on Fire as it's her biggest solo UK hit.

James89 02-19-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dersaw (Post 1201833)
As she is coming to the UK in July, it would be good to include Rooms on Fire as it's her biggest solo UK hit.

Yeah, that would be good but will she do it? I doubt it. She didn't do it when she was here in 2011 with Rod.

sue 02-19-2017 08:01 AM

I'm not sure what she should drop...but I would love to hear...
"Angel" live..
I just love that song and we never get to hear it.

24karatstevie 02-21-2017 11:18 PM

Only one more day until we see if anything changes! Anyone going to the Reno show? Will you fill us in if the set list changes?

AliceLover 02-22-2017 01:51 AM

Like everyone else has said, the show is amazing as is. Having seen it twice there is really
one change I can justifiably argue and that is "Enchanted." It's like the live song that never seems to die. Not only that, her version this time around is very tame. I get why she includes it (an easy upbeat song to sing), but I'm just sick of it. I know she rehearsed "Rooms on Fire" and even said that she was going to sing it. So that admission made me sad that it didn't make the cut. I would love "Lady", the title track, and Mabel Normand to make its way in as well.

McDoobler 02-22-2017 08:42 PM

Swap If Anyone Falls for Talk To Me or Sable On Blonde
Swap New Orleans for Annabel Lee

StevieNicksfann 02-22-2017 09:56 PM

Don't touch New Orleans please.

Drop Enchanted.

Sing full Wild Heart

Go back to Leather and Lace. We will hear Landslide at FM tour.

Add any number of solo gems rarely heard. particularly 24K songs. I would love The Dealer.

Then the show is perfect.

eric51078 02-22-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24karatstevie (Post 1201919)
Only one more day until we see if anything changes! Anyone going to the Reno show? Will you fill us in if the set list changes?

I'll be at the Reno show. Will try to report after the show if someone doesn't beat me to it.

SpyNote 02-24-2017 02:09 AM

Same set.

Keith Olsen was at the show!

bwboy 02-24-2017 02:41 AM

I'm a little disappointed it's the exact same set, since Stevie had tweaked it a few times during the first leg. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting major changes at all, just a song or two swapped. Hope it was a good show!

Phil 02-24-2017 02:50 AM

So much for 'club shows', 'two shows a night' and 'changing the setlist' or whatever she uttered last year. Lazy and boring.

Macfan4life 02-24-2017 05:56 AM

I just hope the setlist stays with the number of songs. Stevie is famous for dropping 1-2 songs with no replacements mid to late tour. In 1989 she dropped Talk to Me and Juliet. In 1998 she dropped Stop Draggin My Heart Around, and in 1986 she dropped Gold Dust Woman and Sara....all of them without replacements.