The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Australia & New Zealand dates (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55053)

nicole21290 03-19-2015 11:22 AM

Australia & New Zealand dates

And off we go...

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2015...australia.html

November 9 - Geelong, Australia (A Day on the Green)
November 18 - Dunedin, NZ
November 21 - Auckland, NZ

Jondalar 03-19-2015 01:01 PM

No offense but do they ever plan to record? Jesus!!!!!

BlueDenimLamp 03-19-2015 01:02 PM

Australia Dates Anounced.

This is the first I have seen for Australia dates...
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...-1227269540414

nicole21290 03-19-2015 05:11 PM

http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/news/243693

FLEETWOOD MAC will bring their On With The Show World Tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2015.

The On With The Show Tour will mark Fleetwood Mac’s first series of concert dates in Australia and New Zealand since 2009’s sold-out Unleashed Tour. Touring as a five-piece for the first time since 1998, one of music’s most enduring groups of all time, Fleetwood Mac, will play a selection of arena, stadium and winery shows this October - November. All five original band members are back together, with Christine McVie rejoining band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks after a 16-year absence.

ON WITH THE SHOW TOUR AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND 2015

Mar.19.2015 by User

FLEETWOOD MAC will bring their On With The Show World Tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2015.

The On With The Show Tour will mark Fleetwood Mac’s first series of concert dates in Australia and New Zealand since 2009’s sold-out Unleashed Tour. Touring as a five-piece for the first time since 1998, one of music’s most enduring groups of all time, Fleetwood Mac, will play a selection of arena, stadium and winery shows this October - November. All five original band members are back together, with Christine McVie rejoining band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks after a 16-year absence.

The On With The Show Tour will see Fleetwood Mac on stage for close to two and a half hours, showcasing hits and classic songs from their career that spans more than four decades and global album sales in excess of 100 million, including songs such as: “The Chain”, “Dreams”, “Second Hand News”, “Rhiannon”, “Sara”, “Gold Dust Woman”, “Tusk”, “Looking Out for Love”, “Don’t Stop”, “Go Your Own Way”…and the list goes on and on.

Tickets for all shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday April 1.

American Express Card Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public from midday, Thursday March 26 for Australian shows and midday Friday March 27 for New Zealand shows. Visit facebook.com/AmericanExpress for complete Card Member information.

ON WITH THE SHOW TOUR AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND 2015

Mar.19.2015 by User

The On With The Show Tour will see Fleetwood Mac on stage for close to two and a half hours, showcasing hits and classic songs from their career that spans more than four decades and global album sales in excess of 100 million, including songs such as: “The Chain”, “Dreams”, “Second Hand News”, “Rhiannon”, “Sara”, “Gold Dust Woman”, “Tusk”, “Looking Out for Love”, “Don’t Stop”, “Go Your Own Way”…and the list goes on and on.

Tickets for all shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday April 1.

American Express Card Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public from midday, Thursday March 26 for Australian shows and midday Friday March 27 for New Zealand shows. Visit facebook.com/AmericanExpress for complete Card Member information.

My Live Nation members can also be among the first to secure tickets during the pre-sale beginning at midday on Friday March 27 in New Zealand members and midday Monday March 30 in Australia. For complete details visit: www.livenation.com.au or www.livenation.co.nz.

ALLPHONES ARENA, SYDNEY
THURSDAY OCTOBER 22 & SATURDAY OCTOBER 24

DOMAIN STADIUM (formerly Patersons Stadium), PERTH
FRIDAY OCTOBER 30

ROD LAVER ARENA, MELBOURNE
MONDAY NOVEMBER 2 & WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 4

MT DUNEED ESTATE, GEELONG*
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7

BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, BRISBANE
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 10

HOPE ESTATE WINERY, HUNTER VALLEY
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14

FORSYTH BARR STADIUM, DUNEDIN
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 18

MT SMART STADIUM, AUCKLAND
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21

TICKETS ON SALE 10AM WEDNESDAY APRIL 1

justcrazylove 03-19-2015 05:36 PM

Well this has made my day, i was scared i was going to miss out, as i'm flying overseas for 3 months on the 31st of October, I have hedged my bets all year when i bought flights that they would announce dates around October, and i can make all the Sydney shows.... after the 8 shows i was meant to go to in 2013 this is out of this world. :blob2::blob2::blob2::blob2:

michelej1 03-19-2015 11:48 PM

Sydney Morning Herald, March 20, 2015 by George Palathingal

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...20-1m3pvb.html

The dreams of thousands of Fleetwood Mac fans – not to mention key estranged member Christine McVie – will soon be coming true: the valued singer, songwriter and keyboard player will be rejoining her ex-husband John McVie and their fellow MacMembers Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, for a series of dates in Australia and New Zealand in October and November.
The rock royals had to cancel their sold-out 2013 Australian tour when John McVie was diagnosed with cancer but the bassist has since made enough of a recovery to play live again – hence this tour's title On with the Show. At the time Christine McVie was still no longer officially in the band she had left in 1998, but had rejoined them onstage in London for a one-off performance of Don't Stop (which she wrote) mere months before John's diagnosis.
Christine told The Guardian at the time, "I like being with the band, the whole idea of playing music with them ... If they were to ask me [to rejoin] I would probably be very delighted."
Well, they finally have and they've been touring North America to great acclaim, with a set said to include close to two and a half hours' worth of hits.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz3UtkgUf5j

michelej1 03-19-2015 11:55 PM

[Fun 1979 band rider demand talk in second half of article]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...to-new-zealand

Stuff Co. NZ, March 20, 2015

British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac is bringing its On With The Show tour to New Zealand.

Band originals Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks, will tour as a five-piece for the first time since 1998.

The group will play at Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on November 18 and at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium on November 21. Tickets go on sale at 10am on April 1.

The two-and-a-half-hour show will feature classics such as The Chain, Dreams, Second Hand News, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Tusk, Don't Stop.

The On With The Show Tour marks Fleetwood Mac's first series of concert dates in New Zealand since 2009's sold-out Unleashed Tour.

In 2013, the veteran rockers cancelled their 14-date tour of New Zealand and Australia because founding member John McVie was due to be treated for cancer.

Formed in 1967 in London, the band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide.

Fleetwood Mac were known for their interesting rider demands.

A promoter, who did not want to be named, claimed that in 1979, when touring Tusk in Australia, the band's rider was for a "medieval tent... with only natural materials inside . . wooden stools, long tables like you see in old movies about knights.

"The food was to be hunks of meat which you ate with your hands, no plates, no cutlery or anything.

"The only receptacles allowed on the table were earthenware goblets which had to be handmade to be totally authentic. They had to have mead in them.

"The rider stated that at certain times of the evening it would be set up for dinner and the band could not be disturbed during that time."

He said the cost was astronomical - the equivalent in today's money of at least $50,000 per show.

But in five stadium shows, the band "never set foot in the tent once" said the promoter.

"At the end of the night the local crew would go in and scoff the lot."

Tickets for both New Zealand shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, April 1, with pre-sales for certain card holders from midday Tuesday.

- Stuff

StreetAngel86 03-21-2015 06:31 PM

disappointed they're not playing more cities
but there's a lot of dates in between

Melbourne here i come!! (fingers Xd since LN sucks balls)

jbrownsjr 03-21-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1163022)
And off we go...

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2015...australia.html

November 9 - Geelong, Australia (A Day on the Green)
November 18 - Dunedin, NZ
November 21 - Auckland, NZ

You're the first person I thought of when I saw this! I'm so happy for you!

mylittledemon 03-21-2015 10:14 PM

Bout damn time!

I plan to go to both NZ shows! :blob2: :blob1:

Dodfather 03-24-2015 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 1163180)
I plan to go to both NZ shows! :blob2: :blob1:

Why, how strange, I have similar plans! :]:blob2:

DoubtfulMiracle 03-24-2015 05:12 AM

I'll be there for Brisbane, and keeping my fingers crossed for a second show.

And I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that I had front row meet and greet tickets for the cancelled shows that were less than half the outrageous price they're charging this year :distress:

Macfan4life 03-24-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1163071)
[Fun 1979 band rider demand talk in second half of article]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...to-new-zealand

Stuff Co. NZ, March 20, 2015

British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac is bringing its On With The Show tour to New Zealand.

Band originals Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks, will tour as a five-piece for the first time since 1998.

The group will play at Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on November 18 and at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium on November 21. Tickets go on sale at 10am on April 1.

The two-and-a-half-hour show will feature classics such as The Chain, Dreams, Second Hand News, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Tusk, Don't Stop.

The On With The Show Tour marks Fleetwood Mac's first series of concert dates in New Zealand since 2009's sold-out Unleashed Tour.

In 2013, the veteran rockers cancelled their 14-date tour of New Zealand and Australia because founding member John McVie was due to be treated for cancer.

Formed in 1967 in London, the band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide.

Fleetwood Mac were known for their interesting rider demands.

A promoter, who did not want to be named, claimed that in 1979, when touring Tusk in Australia, the band's rider was for a "medieval tent... with only natural materials inside . . wooden stools, long tables like you see in old movies about knights.

"The food was to be hunks of meat which you ate with your hands, no plates, no cutlery or anything.

"The only receptacles allowed on the table were earthenware goblets which had to be handmade to be totally authentic. They had to have mead in them.

"The rider stated that at certain times of the evening it would be set up for dinner and the band could not be disturbed during that time."

He said the cost was astronomical - the equivalent in today's money of at least $50,000 per show.

But in five stadium shows, the band "never set foot in the tent once" said the promoter.

"At the end of the night the local crew would go in and scoff the lot."

Tickets for both New Zealand shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, April 1, with pre-sales for certain card holders from midday Tuesday.

- Stuff

Interesting stuff. Reminds me of Mick's 1990 book where he talked about the food and catering during the Tusk tour. He said they would have tens of thousands of dollars of food fully catered but the band was too coked out to eat anything and most of it would go to waste.

nicole21290 03-24-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle (Post 1163305)

And I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that I had front row meet and greet tickets for the cancelled shows that were less than half the outrageous price they're charging this year :distress:

I'm in the exact same boat, but Sydney not Brissy. The price upping is rough as hell, to say the least...

aleuzzi 03-24-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1163027)
No offense but do they ever plan to record? Jesus!!!!!

I second your sentiment! This tour will not end. Meanwhile, there are about fifteen songs waiting to see the light of day.

This band exhausts me.

Macfanforever 03-24-2015 10:14 PM

Thats great they are going down there.Go to many shows that you can afford.

I wonder if they will alter the setlist by then.I doubt it.

StreetAngel86 03-25-2015 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle (Post 1163305)

these prices are utterly disgusting
i didn't have front row
but i had decent floor seats to the 2013 shows
mick needs to cancel his M&Gs and all the tickets need to be put in the pool for all the same prices like they're SUPPOSED to be :distress:

Aussie W/Heart 03-25-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1163367)
these prices are utterly disgusting
i didn't have front row
but i had decent floor seats to the 2013 shows
mick needs to cancel his M&Gs and all the tickets need to be put in the pool for all the same prices like they're SUPPOSED to be :distress:

I know WTH, these prices are crazy!!! i had booked a great seat last time as well, not sure if i can afford to go all out this time around.. :distress:

who do you guys buy your tickets through? Live nations, Viagogo or Preferred seating? do they vary much in cost? Most importantly can you choose your seat when purchasing?

Thanks in advance
Di

DoubtfulMiracle 03-26-2015 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart (Post 1163421)
I know WTH, these prices are crazy!!! i had booked a great seat last time as well, not sure if i can afford to go all out this time around.. :distress:

who do you guys buy your tickets through? Live nations, Viagogo or Preferred seating? do they vary much in cost? Most importantly can you choose your seat when purchasing?

Thanks in advance
Di

I will get my tickets through LiveNation/Ticketek. Unfortunately you can't choose your seat or section, just your price range (at least, this is how it's always been before and I don't hold any hope of them changing it now).

I did use Preferred Seating for the 2009 tour, which allowed me to pay a premium for guaranteed first row. But I think when I looked for the last tour, Preferred Seating's prices were no cheaper than any of the others, and I can't even see Fleetwood Mac tickets mentioned on Preferred Seating at the moment.

I've never used Viagogo before, but just had a look and they might be a good back up option -- would be better if you could select your section for all tickets though.

justcrazylove 03-29-2015 08:38 PM

Well in a moment of weakness, i bought a meet and greet package, 2 row Christine's side. I also landed side of stage Lindsey side where i haven't sat before, so that should be interesting also, now just hoping for a 3rd or 4th Sydney show.:blob2::blob2:

nicole21290 03-29-2015 08:58 PM

I just cannot justify paying the exorbitant price for Mick's M&G this time around. It's been hiked far too much. I did buy my Mum two tickets - one on the floor up the back, and one in the first higher section on Lindsey's side. Will wait for the general sale to try and get mine at this stage, I think.

StreetAngel86 03-30-2015 12:33 AM

there was crap in the presale if you ask me.
i will not pay Mick's stupid prices.
i am now waiting for Wednesday with zero expectations :nod::distress::laugh:

Andyleo 03-30-2015 03:46 AM

Good luck everybody... It was a nightmare trying to get tickets today for the first Sydney show. I had 2nd row centre stage for 2013, but I wasn't willing to pay another $700 odd for that again. So this time I ended up getting a Gold seat ticket for $200. Row A third elevation, nearest section on Lindsey's side. Kind of disappointed, but at least I'm going to be there for the first Aussie show.:)

DoubtfulMiracle 03-30-2015 07:16 AM

Well, something pretty incredible happened today. I logged in at 12 on the dot and got floor tickets in Row 17, which I was content with. (Of course, I could've paid an extra $100 to get a tour program and special laminate AND sit off to the side all the way at the back, but that didn't seem like a good purchase to me.) And in less than 2 minutes, only single seats were showing as left.

Lo and behold, 35 minutes later while trying to get two tickets in the lower tier for my parents who only like to sit on the side, guess what this girl pulls up? 2 x second row tickets, Christine's side, normal platinum price. You can bet I checked that row number over and over and over again, but it was true! So, there you have it -- never give up on a miracle.

It does highlight to me though that the ticket selling process is a complete and utter sham. Whatever happened to first in, best dressed? There is no way that the tickets I get 35 minutes after the on sale time should be infinitely better than the ones offered to me mere seconds after logging on. The whole process is designed to make people panic buy tickets that definitely are not the 'best available', which just isn't right.

But, I would definitely suggest that you don't give up!

(And if anyone knows anyone looking for Brisbane tickets, I have some very adequate ones in Row 17 that need a new home :D)

michelej1 03-30-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle (Post 1163772)
Lo and behold, 35 minutes later while trying to get two tickets in the lower tier for my parents who only like to sit on the side, guess what this girl pulls up? 2 x second row tickets, Christine's side, normal platinum price. You can bet I checked that row number over and over and over again, but it was true! So, there you have it -- never give up on a miracle.

My goodness. That's wonderful. Congratulations. Michele

michelej1 03-31-2015 07:31 PM

The Music.com Australia, March 31, 2015

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2015...w-to-aus-tour/

Another show has been added to Fleetwood Mac's forthcoming headline tour of the country.

The legendary pop-rock outfit will now perform at the Hope Estate Winery in the NSW Hunter Valley for second night on Sunday, 15 Nov. The first announced show at the venue is taking place the night prior.

Tickets to the new show are available from 10am tomorrow (Wednesday, 1 Apr) so be sure to check out theGuide and The Music App for all the info.

Fleetwood Mac announced the Oct/Nov tour earlier this month. It will be the first time Christine McVie will tour with the four other members in 16 years.

Aussie W/Heart 03-31-2015 09:31 PM

I am in the process of buying tickets for their 2nd show in Brisbane... Im so confused, i want to be as close to the front as possible (Platinum ticket) do i go by the Row AL or section D? for better seats..

DoubtfulMiracle i need your help, Thanks

DoubtfulMiracle 03-31-2015 09:33 PM

Row AL is about 12 from the front (front row is aa). Section D is on Christine's side. They're not bad!

Aussie W/Heart 03-31-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle (Post 1163898)
Row AL is about 12 from the front (front row is aa). Section D is on Christine's side. They're not bad!

Thanks so much for your reply, great help Thanks again :wavey:

vivfox 03-31-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart (Post 1163899)
Thanks so much for your reply, great help Thanks again :wavey:

When you see FM slowly driving by, just hop on the bus Gus. You don't need to discuss much. Just tell Stevie you need 2 tickets for the show. Don't be shy this time.:wavey:

StreetAngel86 03-31-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle (Post 1163772)

But, I would definitely suggest that you don't give up!

YAY!!!:nod:
that's awesome
yes i noticed they were releasing other tickets after 1/2 an hour/an hour after the start but they were still at the back back of the floor :(
I have a ticket for one Melb show. Going to wait a bit before buying the other show :D

nicole21290 04-01-2015 12:21 AM

I got myself one for Melbourne, and two for Brisbane - nothing WOW FANTASTIC, but decent enough. Got next to nothing even close to okay for Sydney, so I'll be patient and try again a bit later. :D I figure you can get three tickets for the price of one VIP ticket so I may as well do that instead. Sorry, Mick..........

michelej1 04-01-2015 12:29 AM

Second Fleetwood Mac concert for Auckland

Stuff.co. April 1, 2015

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...t-for-auckland

A second Fleetwood Mac concert has been announced for Auckland after shows there and in Dunedin sold out this morning.

The British-American band originals Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks, will tour as a five-piece for the first time since 1998.

Tickets for Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on November 18 and at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium on November 21 were snapped up when they went on sale at 10am. The new show will take place on November 22.

Tickets to the second Auckland show will go on sale on April 15 at 10am. Presales start from April 9.

michelej1 04-01-2015 12:34 AM

The Music. com, April 1, 2015

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2015...brisbane-show/

The demand for music legends Fleetwood Mac continues to rise, with the band selling out their first Brisbane date and adding another.

Following yesterday’s announcement of an additional NSW date, the iconic pop-rock act has added a second show at Brisbane Entertainment Centre on Thursday 12 November.

This run of dates will be Christine McVie’s first tour with the band in 16 years, and after cancelling their 2013 tour, it’s no surprise venues are hitting capacity.

Tickets for the new show are now on sale.

For all other dates and ticketing info, see theGuide or The Music App.

Gazz 04-01-2015 04:10 AM

Christine has not performed in Australia since 1990! That's a LONG time!

DoubtfulMiracle 04-01-2015 04:40 AM

And am I right that this is the first full band tour of Australia since Tusk in 1980? That just seems crazy.

cactusjack 04-01-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle (Post 1163922)
And am I right that this is the first full band tour of Australia since Tusk in 1980? That just seems crazy.

yes, first time with both L & C at the same time since then :eek:

StreetAngel86 04-01-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1163915)
I got myself one for Melbourne, and two for Brisbane - nothing WOW FANTASTIC, but decent enough. Got next to nothing even close to okay for Sydney, so I'll be patient and try again a bit later. :D I figure you can get three tickets for the price of one VIP ticket so I may as well do that instead. Sorry, Mick..........

my thoughts exactly :laugh:
PLUS you get BETTER seats with the plat than the Rumours "package" so ...

Which night you got Nicole?????

nicole21290 04-01-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1163986)
my thoughts exactly :laugh:
PLUS you get BETTER seats with the plat than the Rumours "package" so ...

Which night you got Nicole?????

Exactly! If I go to the six shows announced thus far for my state, and the states adjoining, that's the price of two VIP tickets so.....

At the moment, I'm there for the first night in Melbourne, and both in Brissy. Which, seeing as how I live an hour from Sydney, probably isn't ideal but whatever. :D

justcrazylove 04-01-2015 07:37 PM

This will be my 7th and 8th time seeing the band, and as i'm flying overseas on the 31st this was the only time i've deemed it ok to pay for a meet and greet. I've always seen those tickets as a cash grab, but i couldn't roll the dice and miss out on seeing all 5 up close. I'm hoping for one more Sydney show, but nothing seems to be happening at the moment. Have the sales been slower then Live Nation thought?