The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rank Stevie's 8 Studio Album covers from 1 to 8 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54031)

Jondalar 08-07-2014 09:51 PM

Rank Stevie's 8 Studio Album covers from 1 to 8

Rank Stevie's 8 Studio Album covers from 1 to 8. Where does the cover for 24 karat Gold fit into the mix? Very high on my list. I love it.

Here are my choices as example.

1. TROUBLE IN SHANGRI LA
2. 24 KARAT GOLD
3. THE WILD HEART
4. IN YOUR DREAMS
5. THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR
6. BELLA DONNA
7. ROCK A LITTLE
8. STREET ANGEL

What are your choices?

DauphineMarie 08-07-2014 10:12 PM

1. The Wild Heart
2. Bella Donna
3. 24 Karat Gold
4. The Other Side Of The Mirror
5. Rock A Little
6. Trouble In Shangri-la
7. In Your Dreams
8. Street Angel

WatchChain 08-08-2014 08:21 AM

1. Bella Donna
2. The Wild Heart
3. 24 Karat Gold
4. Rock A Little
5. Trouble In Shangri La
6. In Your Dreams
7. Street Angel
8. The Other Side Of The Mirror

welcomechris 08-08-2014 08:25 AM

1. Bella Donna
2. Rock A Little
3. The Wild Heart
4. In Your Dreams
5. 24 Karat Gold
6. Trouble In Shangri La
7. Street Angel
8. The Other Side of the Mirror (Looks like she fell down the stairs)

markolas 08-08-2014 08:36 AM

1. Rock a Little
2. Trouble in Shangri-La
3. Bella Donna
4. In Your Dreams
5. 24 Karat Gold
6. The Other Side of the Mirror
7. The Wild Heart
8. Street Angel

TheWILDheart 08-08-2014 08:43 AM

1. Trouble In Shangri-La
2. The Wild Heart
3. Rock A Little
4. Bella Donna
5. In Your Dreams (there were better shots within the album artwork
6. 24 Karat Gold
7. Street Angel
8. The Other Side Of The Mirror (hate that pose!! the back cover of Stevie twirling is much better)

KarmaContestant 08-08-2014 10:26 AM

1: TISL
2: 24 Karat
3: IYD
4: RAL
5: WH
6: SA
7: BD
8: TOSOTM

louielouie2000 08-08-2014 10:38 AM

1. Trouble In Shangri La
2. 24 Karat Gold
3. Bella Donna
4. Rock A Little
5. In Your Dreams
6. Wild Heart
7. Other Side Of The Mirror
8. Street Angel

James89 08-08-2014 10:46 AM

1. Trouble in Shangri-La
2. Rock a Little
3. Bella Donna
4. 24 Karat Gold
5. The Wild Heart
6. The Other Side of the Mirror
7. In Your Dreams
8. Street Angel

saradorna 08-08-2014 11:11 AM

1. Trouble In Shangri La
2. The Wild Heart
3. 24 Karat Gold
4. In Your Dreams
5. Bella Donna
6. The Other Side Of The Mirror
7. Street Angel
8. Rock A Little

Richard B 08-08-2014 11:24 AM

1. The Wild Heart
2. Bella Donna
3. Rock-A-Little
4. In Your Dreams
5. The Other Side Of The Mirror
6. 24 Karat Gold
7. Trouble In Shangri-La
8. Street Angel

KarmaContestant 08-08-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1138241)
1. Bella Donna
8. The Other Side of the Mirror (Looks like she fell down the stairs)

:laugh: I hate that cover, that pose, the makeup, the 'doll' apearance - all of it.

gssmith 08-08-2014 12:48 PM

This is hard but I'll give it a try.

1. TISL
2. Bella Donna
3. Wild Heart
4. Rock a Little
5. 24 Karat
6. Timespace
7. Street Angel
8. Mirror
9. IYD. I wish the Secret Love single cover was the album cover. It is on my iPod anyway.

Enchanted was good too. Hell, they are all beautiful. Sound Stage, red rocks, crystal visions too. Disregard my list. A tie all around for #1.

MusicInferno 08-08-2014 12:50 PM

1 Trouble In Shangri-La
2 24 Karat Gold
3 In Your Dreams
4 The Wild Heart
5 Rock A Little
6 Bella Donna
7 Street Angel
8 The Other Side Of The Mirror

nightbird28 08-08-2014 01:14 PM

1. In Your Dreams
2. TISL
3. Wild Heart
4. Belladonna
5. 24 Karat-based on the dealer alone, could be higher by the time I hear the whole thing.
6. Rock A Little
7. Street Angel
8. Other Side of The Mirror

michelej1 08-08-2014 01:15 PM

Wow, Trouble in Shangri-La is topping a lot of lists too. It would go at the top of mine. I put OSOTM up in the first half of my list as well. I like it and want to support it.

TISL
24 Karat
OSOTM
Wild Heart
Bella Donna

Then put IYD on the bottom. I don't like that horse. But I don't like Street Angel or Rock a Little either. Hard to rank them.

Michele

dontlookdown 08-08-2014 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've never been a big fan of any of her covers. I think they are a little cheesy and certainly don't have to be.
One of my favorite pictures of her was from the promo posters for Street Angel.
I remember seeing it huge on the side of a bus going by in Santa Monica and thinking - wow, that would have made a powerful album cover.

SameGlassTable 08-08-2014 01:54 PM

The Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Trouble in Shangri La
In Your Dreams
Rock a little
24 karat
The Other Side of the mirror
Street Angel

bombaysaffires 08-08-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1138308)
I've never been a big fan of any of her covers. I think they are a little cheesy and certainly don't have to be.
I remember seeing it huge on the side of a bus going by in Santa Monica and thinking - wow, that would have made a powerful album cover.

I always thought she looked a lot like Alicia Silverstone in that photo. Maybe her long-lost mother or something :shrug:

sorcerer999 08-08-2014 02:57 PM

1. "The Wild Heart"
2. "Trouble In Shangri-La"
3. "24 Karat Gold"
4. "Bella Donna"
5. "In Your Dreams"
6. "The Other Side Of The Mirror"
7. "Rock A Little"
8. "Street Angel"

I actually don't think the cover for TOSOTM is "that bad". I love the colors. I love her hair and makeup. I one thing I DON'T like about it is her pose. It looks like Alice is getting ready to squat behind a tree and use the bathroom.

RAL would've really been a cool album cover if it were actually Stevie and not just her head pasted on someone else's skinnier body.

ALL of the artwork for the SA album is just lazy and sloppy.

wheart 08-08-2014 03:28 PM

1. Bella Donna
2. Rock a Little
3. Other Side of the Mirror
4. Trouble in Shangri LA
5. Wild Heart
6. 24 Karat Gold
7. Street Angel
8. TimesSpace
9. In Your Dreams
10. Crystal Visions

Rod~A~Little 08-08-2014 03:29 PM

Wild Heart
TIS
24 Karat Gold
In Your Dreams
Bella Donna
Rock A Little
TOSOTM
Street Angel

Loved the cover for Timespace! It hangs in my studio along with TIS.
:angel:

KarmaContestant 08-08-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1138322)
RAL would've really been a cool album cover if it were actually Stevie and not just her head pasted on someone else's skinnier body.

:laugh: No way! Are you just saying that? Check these out.

http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/pos...a-little-album

Also, from the Ask Stevie section on NicksFix

Hi Stevie!! I have a question i dont think I've ever seen asked before. I know you've said before that you hold on to everything over the years, and as fans we think that is so cool of you to keep all the fabulous things you've worn thru the years.... I've always wondered though, just what happened to the "Fabulous" Rock A Little dress you wore on that album cover? I always thought you were so cool on that cover Stevie. And of course all of your covers are always SOOO Stevie haha so i cant really pick a favorite.... I Love You tho!!! ttyl : )

Stevie's answer:

It’s not actually a dress, it’s an English peacoat, nipped in at the waist over a black skirt. That coat and the hat belonged to the stylist, one of the rare instances where the clothing was not mine. So, in answer to your question, I don’t know where the coat is now, but I do still have the skirt.

Neal 08-08-2014 05:21 PM

1. BD
2. RAL
3. TimeSpace (sorry!)
4. TOSOTM
5. TWH
6. TISL
7. SA
8. IYD
9. 24KG (it's gotta grow on me)

HoursAndHours 08-08-2014 05:32 PM

Her single covers are so much better than her album covers. We should rank those...

1. 24 KtG or Wild Heart
2. " "
3. Timespace
4. Bella Donna
5. Trouble In Shangri-La
6. Crystal Visions
7. Rock A Little
8. In Your Dreams
9. The Other Side Of The Mirror
10. Street Angel

James89 08-08-2014 05:38 PM

I see Rock a Little a lot in record shops here in the UK and when I see it, it really stands out amongst all of the other records and I think it looks fantastic. :nod:

sorcerer999 08-08-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1138328)
:laugh: No way! Are you just saying that?

Somebody told me that a LONG time ago. I was just poking fun, but who knows whether it's true or not.

I can tell you, though, even if it IS Stevie's body...then the photo has been noticeably altered to make her look thin (because she's definitely NOT that thin in those outtake pictures you posted)...and another picture of her head (or even just her face) has been pasted on. Check out the RAL vinyl if you have it, and look close. That head on THAT body is just not right.

michelej1 08-08-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1138346)

I can tell you, though, even if it IS Stevie's body...then the photo has been noticeably altered to make her look thin (because she's definitely NOT that thin in those outtake pictures you posted)...

Even her head looks squished smaller. Michele

markolas 08-08-2014 07:01 PM

She looks like she's wrapped up in a quilt on the Timespace cover. And she looks like a mental patient on that single cover for The Dealer. If I couldn't see the sleeves, I'd swear that was a strait jacket.

HoursAndHours 08-08-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 1138357)
She looks like she's wrapped up in a quilt on the Timespace cover. And she looks like a mental patient on that single cover for The Dealer. If I couldn't see the sleeves, I'd swear that was a strait jacket.

Lol. That's how I feel about Street Angel.

KarmaContestant 08-08-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 1138357)

Laughing so hard at this. Thank you. :laugh:

PenguinHead 08-09-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1138308)

That's a great photo! You're so right, it would have made a great album cover, yet nepotism prevailed. Stevie was generous and kind to give the art direction to her brother. Yet his hack, unprofessional skills didn't do her any favors.

Dex 08-09-2014 06:02 AM

This thread has made me realise how little I care for/about most of Stevie's covers. I got stuck after putting Bella Donna and TISL (love them both) at the top of my list. Kinda sad considering how much work goes into them.

The Wild Heart is the most frustrating to me, because the album within is one of my all-time favourites. Yet that logo on the cover is just absurdly hokey, especially in tandem with the purply-pouty posing in the photo. I feel a little embarrassed for it. It's the visual equivalent of Stevie proudly announcing that she just wrote a song about Twilight.

HoursAndHours 08-09-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1138406)
This thread has made me realise how little I care for/about most of Stevie's covers. I got stuck after putting Bella Donna and TISL (love them both) at the top of my list. Kinda sad considering how much work goes into them.

The Wild Heart is the most frustrating to me, because the album within is one of my all-time favourites. Yet that logo on the cover is just absurdly hokey, especially in tandem with the purply-pouty posing in the photo. I feel a little embarrassed for it. It's the visual equivalent of Stevie proudly announcing that she just wrote a song about Twilight.

I like the cover for The Wild Heart quite a bit in comparison to her other album covers, precisely for the "purply-pouty posing," lol. The twilight thing, well, as long as I remember not to think about that when I listen, I'm ok. :D

I'll reiterate that I think many (but not all) of the covers for her singles are stunning, and far, far better than her album covers.

MikeInNV 08-09-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1138424)
I'll reiterate that I think many (but not all) of the covers for her singles are stunning, and far, far better than her album covers.

We're waiting for you to start that poll. :nod:

Johnny Stew 08-09-2014 11:46 AM

Ranking the studio albums only:

1. Trouble In Shangri-La
2. The Wild Heart
3. Rock A Little
4. Bella Donna
5. 24 Karat Gold
6. In Your Dreams
7. The Other Side Of The Mirror
8. Street Angel

Ranking studio albums & compilations:

Trouble In Shangri-La
The Wild Heart
Rock A Little
Crystal Visions
Bella Donna
24 Karat Gold
In Your Dreams
The Other Side Of The Mirror
Timespace
Enchanted
Street Angel
Soundstage Sessions

sorcerer999 08-09-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1138442)
We're waiting for you to start that poll. :nod:

I second this! :nod:

Richard B 08-09-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dex (Post 1138406)

Oh noes...that's too bad. I think it's a stunning cover, especially in 1983. I remember being very young and first seeing the cover, and just absolutely fascinated (had no idea who Stevie Nicks was). Fast forward to me talking to Herbert Worthington III and listening to him explain the meaning in the cover locked in my love and appreciation for the cover. :cool:

Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of TISL. I can't stand the pastel colors, that ridiculous dragon "S"...yikes, the bougainvillea flowers (I see Florida) and lastly Stevie's backside. Um, just no. On a positive note, I do like this photo used in other promo materials and would have made a better cover (sans the pastel and S logo).
http://www.fleetwoodmacforsale.com/PF051.jpg

Artemis 08-12-2014 02:13 AM

1) Trouble in Shangri-La
2) The Wild Heart
3) 24 Karat Gold
4) Bella Donna
5) Rock A Little
6) In Your Dreams (I still hate that bloody bubble)
7) The Other Side Of The Mirror
8) Street Angel (pink blob with Stevie's head attached. Horrible typography. Why.)

Travis 08-12-2014 07:03 AM

01) Rock A Little (sexy, sharp and tight)
02) Street Angel (solid)
03) 24 Karat Gold (beautiful close up)
04) Wild Heart (haunting)
05) OSOTM (love the theme, just wish they hadn't photo shopped her face)
06) Trouble In Shangri-La (too girly for my taste)
07) Bella Donna (too airy fairy)
08) In Your Dreams (dislike what they did to her face, made her look way too young - unrealistic)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1161/...bb13c34ac0.jpg