The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   24 Karat Gold Press Release (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53945)

Matt Lucas 07-24-2014 09:42 AM

24 Karat Gold press release - FM is mentioned

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all---

Apologies if this has already been shared. I've got a friend who's a music writer/critic at a major US newspaper, and he received the official news release for 24 KARAT GOLD - SONGS FROM THE VAULT this morning. Here it is. I'm also attaching the promo photo.

Just as some of us figured, she's clearly using the reunion tour to promote the record. Smart lady.

Cheers,
matt

STEVIE NICKS NEW SOLO CD ‘24 KARAT GOLD – SONGS FROM THE VAULT’ SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 7TH RELEASE

PRE ORDERS AVAILABLE BEGINNING August 5th.

Nicks Scheduled to Join All Fleetwood Mac Bandmates for ‘On With the Show’ Tour Beginning September 30th in Minneapolis.

July 24, 2014… For Immediate Release… Burbank, California….. Stevie Nicks will be releasing her highly anticipated new CD ‘24 Karat Gold –Songs From The Vault’ October 7thon Warner Bros., Records which will include never-before seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. A special Limited Edition Double Vinyl Album will be released on September 29th. Additionally, a Deluxe Photobook CD album will be available for fans, which includes two bonus tracks plus 48 pages of exclusive photos from Nicks’ personal photo collection. Pre orders are available beginning August 5th. The artwork for 24 Karat Gold CD will include never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. Produced by Dave Stewart, Waddy Wachtel and Stevie Nicks, the new album was recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles. 24 Karat Gold follows the release of her critically acclaimed 2011 CD “In Your Dreams.”

“Most of these songs were written between 1969 and 1987. One was written in 1994 and one in 1995. I included them because they seemed to belong to this special group. Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story… They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories - the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you,” commented Nicks.

Nicks, a multi-Grammy winning, multi-platinum and gold selling Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee also has a new official Instagram account – ‘stevienicksofficial’ where she will be previewing snippets of her new album each week beginning August 5th.

A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Nicks is scheduled to embark on the Fleetwood Mac ‘On With the Show’ Tour with recently returned bandmate Christine McVie beginning September 30th in Minneapolis. “It’s so exciting to have Christine back after so many years. We can’t wait to get on the road together,” stated Nicks.

James89 07-24-2014 09:53 AM

This is the news I've been waiting for!!! I'm so excited!!! :blob2:

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 10:06 AM

24 Karat Gold Press Release

Borrowed from the Rumours section...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Lucas (Post 1135025)
Hello all---

Apologies if this has already been shared. I've got a friend who's a music writer/critic at a major US newspaper, and he received the official news release for 24 KARAT GOLD - SONGS FROM THE VAULT this morning. Here it is. I'm also attaching the promo photo.

Just as some of us figured, she's clearly using the reunion tour to promote the record. Smart lady.

Cheers,
matt

STEVIE NICKS NEW SOLO CD ‘24 KARAT GOLD – SONGS FROM THE VAULT’ SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 7TH RELEASE

PRE ORDERS AVAILABLE BEGINNING August 5th.

Nicks Scheduled to Join All Fleetwood Mac Bandmates for ‘On With the Show’ Tour Beginning September 30th in Minneapolis.

July 24, 2014… For Immediate Release… Burbank, California….. Stevie Nicks will be releasing her highly anticipated new CD ‘24 Karat Gold –Songs From The Vault’ October 7thon Warner Bros., Records which will include never-before seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. A special Limited Edition Double Vinyl Album will be released on September 29th. Additionally, a Deluxe Photobook CD album will be available for fans, which includes two bonus tracks plus 48 pages of exclusive photos from Nicks’ personal photo collection. Pre orders are available beginning August 5th. The artwork for 24 Karat Gold CD will include never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. Produced by Dave Stewart, Waddy Wachtel and Stevie Nicks, the new album was recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles. 24 Karat Gold follows the release of her critically acclaimed 2011 CD “In Your Dreams.”

“Most of these songs were written between 1969 and 1987. One was written in 1994 and one in 1995. I included them because they seemed to belong to this special group. Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story… They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories - the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you,” commented Nicks.

Nicks, a multi-Grammy winning, multi-platinum and gold selling Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee also has a new official Instagram account – ‘stevienicksofficial’ where she will be previewing snippets of her new album each week beginning August 5th.

A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Nicks is scheduled to embark on the Fleetwood Mac ‘On With the Show’ Tour with recently returned bandmate Christine McVie beginning September 30th in Minneapolis. “It’s so exciting to have Christine back after so many years. We can’t wait to get on the road together,” stated Nicks.

Hope this is true...If it is it is dropping sooner the most of us expected...

Matt do you have a link for the press release?

louielouie2000 07-24-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1135027)
Hope this is true...If it is it is dropping sooner the most of us expected...

Matt do you have a link for the press release?

It is way sooner than I personally expected.

But the LP dropping over a week before the CD? That doesn't make much sense. And where are the links to the preorder? Where is the link to the press release? Where is the track listing- aren't those normally included in press releases? Something is amiss...

LineInTheSand 07-24-2014 10:24 AM

I am searching everywhere to find this. ET Canada tweeted this information with the picture, so that gives it some credibility. But I can't find an actual press release anywhere. Not having the tracklisting isn't that odd -- but I agree that releasing the LP more than a week before on a Monday seems strange.

LineInTheSand 07-24-2014 10:26 AM

Also, assuming it is correct, we have two tracks written in 1995 and 1996. Any guesses?

joe68 07-24-2014 10:43 AM

Re

Space Needle I would think

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1135029)

But the LP dropping over a week before the CD? That doesn't make much sense. And where are the links to the preorder? Where is the link to the press release? Where is the track listing- aren't those normally included in press releases? Something is amiss...

Tom Petty is doing almost the same thing...

Pre-orders for "Hypnotic Eye" are being taken with downloads available on 7/29 in mp3 & FLAC also pre-orders get you 5 tracks for instant download before the release date...If you order the "LP" it seems to be shipped at a later date...

Stevie's press release says pre-orders on August 5th which is the same day her twitter says "24 karat gold" updates will start showng up on her new instagram...

As for the CD perhaps they are trying to push the LP or don't expect sales to be as great for the CD as they do for the LP hence the later CD ship date...

Don't forget that Stevie's people are still in the stone age when it come to promotion via social media/internet...

SpyNote 07-24-2014 10:55 AM

Glad to hear we have an official title!

KarmaContestant 07-24-2014 10:56 AM

No mystery at all - this strategy is designed to sell more copies and extend first week sales to a two week period. Record collectors and hard core fans will buy the LP first, causing the album to chart, then the casuals, and the hard cores again go buy the CD for the bonus tracks a week later, hopefully causing a rise in chart postition.

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 10:57 AM

Well it looks official since it is now showing up on the internet...

24 Karat Gold

A lot of the wording and info is the same and the article also mentions the new instagram which will give us "Snippets" of new songs starting Aug 5 so let the new album crazy ride begin...

sorcerer999 07-24-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1135029)

The press release says that the pre-order will start on August 5th, so I bet that is when the pages will be put up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineInTheSand (Post 1135031)
Also, assuming it is correct, we have two tracks written in 1995 and 1996. Any guesses?

Yeah, "Space Needle" and "Have No Heart" are the two that come to mind.

I pretty much figured they'd release it on the 7th. They'll be playing NYC ~ it's the perfect opportunity to promote it on the Today Show , Good Morning America and all those other entertainment programs filmed there. Plus Mick's new book comes out that Thursday the 9th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1135037)
As for the CD perhaps they are trying to push the LP or don't expect sales to be as great for the CD as they do for the LP hence the later CD ship date...

A lot of artists these days offer up a vinyl format of their work before the actual album is released.

KarmaContestant 07-24-2014 11:01 AM

Love, love LOVE that photo!

Jondalar 07-24-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1135042)
The press release says that the pre-order will start on August 5th, so I bet that is when the pages will be put up.

Yeah, "Space Needle" and "Have No Heart" are the two that come to mind.

I pretty much figured they'd release it on the 7th. They'll be playing NYC ~ it's the perfect opportunity to promote it on the Today Show , Good Morning America and all those other entertainment programs filmed there. Plus Mick's new book comes out that Thursday the 9th.

A lot of artists these days offer up a vinyl format of their work before the actual album is released.

We'll I'm buying every version available and I don't even have a record player. :)

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:09 AM

From ABC news radio...
Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold

Stevie Nicks hinted earlier this year that she might release some older songs that had never seen the light of day. Now, she's making good on that tease: her new album 24 Karat Gold -- Songs from the Vault is due October 7.

According to Stevie, the album features mostly songs written between 1969 and 1987, with two that were written in 1994 and 1995. "Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story," she says in a statement. "They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken-hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories -- the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you."

The artwork for the album includes never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Stevie throughout her career.

24 Karat Gold -- Songs from the Vault is available for pre-order starting August 5. That same day, Stevie will debut her new, official Instagram account, StevieNicksOfficial, where she'll begin previewing snippets of the music.

In addition, a limited edition double vinyl version of 24 Karat Gold -- Songs from the Vault will come out September 29. Also available will be a Deluxe Photobook CD, which will include two bonus tracks, as well as 48 pages of exclusive photos from Stevie's personal collection.

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...#ixzz38P2VCQQD

sorcerer999 07-24-2014 11:10 AM

Things are getting really exciting!!! Barring the unreleased track list, we're all pretty much getting everything we want as far as formats ~ regular CD, Vinyl, a Deluxe Edition with two bonus tracks (that kind of leads me to believe that the actual CD/vinyl will only have 14 tracks, since Dave keeps saying that 16 were recorded).

We're getting 48 pages of rare photos and in less than 2 weeks, we're going to be getting REAL song snippits, and not just muffled studio videos.

But the thing that makes me really excited is the fact that we're basically getting the album on September 29th ~ just two months and 5 days away! CRAZY!

Stevie, honey, PLEASE continue to record all your forthcoming projects in this fashion. April to September. Six months from start to public release. That's a new record!

Christopher 07-24-2014 11:10 AM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse53dc121.png

Seems like we will get the entire tracklisting on August 5th (including bonus tracks.) Unless they have the complete links up at online retailers when the double LP drops Sept. 29th! This is beyond! I think I'm more excited for this release than I was for IYD!

Danigirl 07-24-2014 11:11 AM

I'm absolutely over the moon! I'm glad to see that current marketing strategies are being utilized, giving this album much more traction than IYD.

TheWILDheart 07-24-2014 11:13 AM

Am I the only person who doesn't like the title?

I'm not sure I like the whole concept of this being all songs "from the vault". I think I'd prefer if she just promoted this as a new album that just happened to be made up of many songs written throughout her career.

I like the polariod/photo album concept though - maybe a title linked to that theme would have been more appropriate :shrug:

Jondalar 07-24-2014 11:17 AM

This is one of the nicest things an artist can do for their fans . She pretends to be aloof but she pays attention.

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:21 AM

When Dave was recently asked about the album art he replied "I can't say...It's a great surprise" Well I guess a Double Album with a 48 page book is a "Great Surprise"...

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1135046)
Things are getting really exciting!!! Barring the unreleased track list, we're all pretty much getting everything we want as far as formats ~ regular CD, Vinyl, a Deluxe Edition with two bonus tracks (that kind of leads me to believe that the actual CD/vinyl will only have 14 tracks, since Dave keeps saying that 16 were recorded).

We're getting 48 pages of rare photos and in less than 2 weeks, we're going to be getting REAL song snippits, and not just muffled studio videos.

But the thing that makes me really excited is the fact that we're basically getting the album on September 29th ~ just two months and 5 days away! CRAZY!

Stevie, honey, PLEASE continue to record all your forthcoming projects in this fashion. April to September. Six months from start to public release. That's a new record!

With any luck Dave will do the same when he produces her FM tracks...

louielouie2000 07-24-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1135049)
Am I the only person who doesn't like the title?

I'm not sure I like the whole concept of this being all songs "from the vault". I think I'd prefer if she just promoted this as a new album that just happened to be made up of many songs written throughout her career.

I think it's horrendous- Songs From The Vault makes you think it's some sort of Standards album. Makes me think of Rod Stewart & his American Songbook albums. 24 Karat Gold makes it sound self-aggrandizing as well. I'm just not a fan of the title in any way. :sorry:

That being said, as long as the music is good, I won't care. :)

Artemis 07-24-2014 11:28 AM

Apart from the hideous album title (drop either half of it and it would be fine!) I'm so excited for this. New Stevie music! No decade-long wait! Huzzah!

louielouie2000 07-24-2014 11:30 AM

Please be aware there is a thread in the Stevie section regarding her new album. Let's keep the discussion in this thread Fleetwood Mac related. :wavey:

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:34 AM

From Rolling Stone...http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-gold-20140724

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c48a71b.jpg

By Jon Blistein

July 24, 2014 12:00 PM ET

Stevie Nicks may have spent much of 2013 touring with Fleetwood Mac and celebrating the 35th anniversary of the group's landmark LP Rumours, but the frontwoman still found time to record a solo LP. 24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault will see release on October 7th via Warner Bros, though vinyl lovers will be able to pick up a limited edition double LP a week earlier starting September 29th.

Stevie Nicks' Life in Photos

The LP follows Nicks' 2011 solo effort, In Your Dreams, and was produced by herself, Dave Stewart and guitarist Waddy Wachtel. Recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles, 24 Karat Gold comprises songs that Nicks wrote primarily between 1969 and 1987, plus two that were penned in 1994 and 1995. In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Nicks said she was inspired to reimagine these older tracks after stumbling across a slew of the original bootlegs on YouTube. "[W]e found all the songs that, somehow, were taken from my house or picked up or loaned out or whatever," she said, adding: "I call them my 24 karat gold songs."

In a statement, Nicks said: "Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story. They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories — the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you."

The 24 Karat artwork will feature never-before-seen Polaroids taken by Nicks throughout her career, while the deluxe photobook CD boasts 48 pages of pictures from her private collection alongside two bonus tracks. Pre-orders for 24 Karat start on August 5th, and that same day, Nicks will begin previewing the album on her official new Instagram account.

Along with the release of 24 Karat, Nicks' fall will be dominated by another Fleetwood Mac tour, this one reuniting the group with keyboardist and singer Christine McVie, who left the band in 1998. The On With the Show tour kicks off on Tuesday, September 30th in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Target Center and wraps up 34 shows later on December 20th at the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa Bay, Florida...

KarmaContestant 07-24-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1135046)

I love your enthusiasm! :laugh:

Vinyl record sales are so competitive - I have to be on the ball for this one.

BlueLight 07-24-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1135057)
I love your enthusiasm! :laugh:

Vinyl record sales are so competitive - I have to be on the ball for this one.

Right??

I'm already stressed about snagging a copy! Beyond thrilled to have my first full listening experience of this album to be on my record player.

So grateful that Stevie is doing this for her fans.

As far as the title, I would've preferred just "24 Karat." But (gypsy) beggars can't be choosers. :laugh:

welcomechris 07-24-2014 11:47 AM

October 7th Seems Like A Busy Day

new mick book and new album!

Matt Lucas 07-24-2014 11:51 AM

I figured there was talk about the new SN album in her forum. Since the news release mentions FM a couple of times and even concludes with a quote from Stevie about Christine's return, I thought it was of interest to post it on the Rumours forum.

For me, the most interesting thing about this news isn't the new album at all [I'm not really a Stevie solo fan]---it's how she's using the reunion tour to market her new album.

Since we now know that the album is intended to fulfill a contractual obligation, that makes it a little easier to swallow the timing of its release. It's still a shame that Stevie wasn't able to participate in the recording sessions, but then, maybe that was for the best. It gave Lindsey and Christine a chance to reconnect, and based on what we know, that was worth goal in terms of the number of songs they've started.

matt

wheart 07-24-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1135044)
We'll I'm buying every version available and I don't even have a record player. :)

me too! for some reason I want the vinyl in a big way!!!!

welcomechris 07-24-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1135073)
me too! for some reason I want the vinyl in a big way!!!!

You better post every picture on here :xoxo:

James89 07-24-2014 12:52 PM

Vinyl is so big at the moment, so making it only a limited edition on vinyl is a big mistake. What do they mean by limited edition. 1000 copies? 5000 copies? They should just make the album on vinyl like they do with CD. That way, the album will sell even more copies. Also, why would you release a limited edition album on vinyl one week previous to the CD and digital release? This can only lead to a poor first week debut for the album. Why not just release all formats at the same time and get a top 5 placing? That would be fantastic for Stevie. :nod:

He's So Unusual 07-24-2014 01:02 PM

Exciting! I'll definitely be getting the deluxe edition with the bonus tracks and photos.

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 01:04 PM

Looks like the release date for 24 Karat will tie in nicely with her role as advisor on "The Voice" which will premiere September 22....What are the chances the Stevie talked the producers of the show into having some of her upcoming songs performed on the show...

SameGlassTable 07-24-2014 01:20 PM

It his is great news !

But I have to agree the title is not doing it for me .

I suffered through "Street Angel " and to a lesser degree , " Rock a little " ( the titles )
I can handle this .

wheart 07-24-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1135074)
You better post every picture on here :xoxo:

I promise!!!:D

PenguinHead 07-24-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Lucas (Post 1135062)
I figured there was talk about the new SN album in her forum. Since the news release mentions FM a couple of times and even concludes with a quote from Stevie about Christine's return, I thought it was of interest to post it on the Rumours forum.

For me, the most interesting thing about this news isn't the new album at all [I'm not really a Stevie solo fan]---it's how she's using the reunion tour to market her new album.

Since we now know that the album is intended to fulfill a contractual obligation, that makes it a little easier to swallow the timing of its release. It's still a shame that Stevie wasn't able to participate in the recording sessions, but then, maybe that was for the best. It gave Lindsey and Christine a chance to reconnect, and based on what we know, that was worth goal in terms of the number of songs they've started.

matt

It is a new album! It features songs she wrote but never released. All were demo songs that lingered in limbo. She decided to revisit them, record them and officially release them, gathered together as an album.

Fleetwood Mac is still in the recording phase of their new album. Stevie will absolutely will be participating, after all, she is part of the band! But she's been busy recording her new album, a project planned long before Christine unexpectedly rejoined. Lindsey and Christine are just getting the ball rolling on an album no one never expected.

sorcerer999 07-24-2014 02:01 PM

I think it would be really cool if the album cover were one of the old Polaroid pictures, with her name and the album title written underneath on the white section where most of us labeled our Polaroids back in the day. Very retro. :D

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Lucas (Post 1135062)

matt

It's amazing that people are still pointing the finger at Stevie for the way the FM tour and record are happening

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1135086)
It is a new album! It features songs she wrote but never released. All were demo songs that lingered in limbo. She decided to revisit them, record them and officially release them, gathered together as an album.

Fleetwood Mac is still in the recording phase of their new album. Stevie will absolutely will be participating, after all, she is part of the band! But she's been busy recording her new album, a project planned long before Christine unexpectedly rejoined. Lindsey and Christine are just getting the ball rolling on an album no one never expected.

I think FM were given a choice either tour with a new Stevie Nicks album or not tour at all...I absolutely think Stevie will promote 24 Karat in each city FM plays...Maybe there will be tracks from 24 Karat Gold playing in the venue before the FM show starts (would be a smart move) combined with little kiosks where you can purchase "24 Karat"