The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Mac songs named (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51041)

CADreaming 11-28-2012 01:17 PM

New Mac songs named

Stevie Nicks Reveals Two New Song Titles Recorded by Fleetwood Mac
In this audio conversation, which is obviously part of a larger interview, Stevie talks about going over to Lindsey's home to record her vocals on two tracks that Mick, John and Lindsey had previously recorded earlier this year.

Stevie said the boys went in at the beginning of this year and recorded some songs (Lindsey talked about 8 songs recorded in previous interviews) and that they wanted her to come but she said her mother had just passed away and she wasn't in any condition to sing or write songs. She went on to say that she went over to Lindsey's and recorded her vocals parts on two of the tracks, one that she picked and one that Lindsey picked saying:

“They came out great,” says Stevie. “They sound totally like really great Fleetwood Mac songs.”

The songs are “Miss Fantasy” and “Sad Angel.”

Stevie and Lindsey also recorded a third song, which may be released next year as part of a possible 40th anniversary edition of the Buckingham-Nicks album.

http://www.nickslive.blogspot.com/20...-new-song.html

WildHearted 11-28-2012 02:06 PM

Interesting.

And yes, please, to anything BN related. That is all.

louielouie2000 11-28-2012 02:23 PM

This is killing me... why can't they keep going and record an entire album? I wouldn't even care if it was a small (by Mac standards) album of only 10-12 songs.

michelej1 11-28-2012 03:14 PM

"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele

AnthonyMI 11-28-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1068077)
"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele

If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.

CADreaming 11-28-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1068078)
If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.

How 'bout "Daddy Angel"?? Lol

Peestie 11-28-2012 05:18 PM

Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.

britt0308 11-28-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1068082)
Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.

Didn't think of that origin for Sad Angel. That would be rather sweet. According to the article, Stevie chose one song to lay down vocals on, and Lindsey chose the other for her. Literally based only on titles I can guarantee she chose the one with 'Angel' in it's title. ;)

Hoping Miss Fantasy isn't as 'cliche' as it unfortunately sounds to me right now. I'm a big 'word' person, and am usually drawn to titles with more depth. Horrible judging by a cover right now. Hope I'm proved wrong! Either way ecstatic for any new material.

John Run 11-28-2012 06:44 PM

I think we can assume that Stevie has gotten over the idea that she could not record with Lindsey unless their was another producer involved and Lindsey has stopped thinking an outside co-producer would be good for the band? I laughed so hard at that thought on Lindsey's part. Not because I don't think it would be beneficial, but because I know Lindsey could never give up any real control of the band's creative process and its resulting sonic output.

Bandon 11-28-2012 07:05 PM

"Sad Angel," gee I wonder who wrote that one. Yet another "angel" song. LOL :rolleyes: I can't wait to hear both songs though. The only "angel" song written by Stevie that I am not fond of is "Street Angel." I'm still betting on "Without You" as the Buckingham Nicks track. :nod:

BombaySapphire3 11-28-2012 07:18 PM

I dunno the way the recording process for these songs is described sounds very similar to SYW with Stevie coming in and adding her vocals to the already laid down tracks:shrug:but still anxious to hear anything new with the Fleetwood Mac name on it.It has been nearly a decade.

Artemis 11-28-2012 07:33 PM

Ooh exciting times. I wonder if they're both Lindsey penned tracks? Although, I suppose Stevie could have sent them a demo, let them flesh it out, and then came in and sang? Sad Angel is such a... Stevie title.

TrueFaith77 11-28-2012 08:08 PM

Still no definitive indication on how these will be released? two songs = single!

louielouie2000 11-28-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1068097)
Still no definitive indication on how these will be released? two songs = single!

Another thread on the Ledge states the Mac is reissuing Rumours on CD & the Rosebud concert on DVD. My guess is these songs will be a part of one of these releases.

TrueFaith77 11-28-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1068098)
Another thread on the Ledge states the Mac is reissuing Rumours on CD & the Rosebud concert on DVD. My guess is these songs will be a part of one of these releases.

odd. that's a shame.

elle 11-28-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1068088)
I think we can assume that Stevie has gotten over the idea that she could not record with Lindsey unless their was another producer involved and Lindsey has stopped thinking an outside co-producer would be good for the band? I laughed so hard at that thought on Lindsey's part. Not because I don't think it would be beneficial, but because I know Lindsey could never give up any real control of the band's creative process and its resulting sonic output.

he apparently had no problems having Jon Brion produce his songs on upcoming Judd Apatow "This Is 40" soundtrack so not sure that theory really stands anymore. :shrug:

elle 11-28-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peestie (Post 1068082)

had exact same thought when i saw that title Peestie! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by britt0308 (Post 1068085)
Didn't think of that origin for Sad Angel. That would be rather sweet. According to the article, Stevie chose one song to lay down vocals on, and Lindsey chose the other for her. Literally based only on titles I can guarantee she chose the one with 'Angel' in it's title. ;)

Hoping Miss Fantasy isn't as 'cliche' as it unfortunately sounds to me right now. I'm a big 'word' person, and am usually drawn to titles with more depth. Horrible judging by a cover right now. Hope I'm proved wrong! Either way ecstatic for any new material.

thinking similarly here too. :p

michelej1 11-28-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 1068096)
Sad Angel is such a... Stevie title.

Lindsey has Goodbye Angel.

Michele

jbrownsjr 11-28-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1068079)

How about Sable on Daddy Angel?

mikephxaz 11-28-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

LOL too funny...maybe Daddy's Little Angel
or Angel of My Daddy...or Angel Food Cake

michelej1 11-28-2012 11:05 PM

Going by title alone, Sad Angel doesn't sound like it's going to be a very good song. I will hold out hope that Miss Fantasy has some energy, spirit and a beat though.

I basically started on the FM boards after SYW came out. So, I wasn't around when everyone was waiting for it to be released. I think I would have been excited about titles like Thrown Down and Everybody Finds Out and speculating about what those songs would be like. Oh my goodness, if Come had been spelled in the profane way and I saw that on the Amazon tracklisting before the album was released, I think I would have fainted.

Michele

MacShadowsBall 11-28-2012 11:06 PM

I suppose both of these are Lindsey songs that Stevie laid-down BGVs for? I wonder what the sound will be like, compared to SYW?

This is so exciting. Fleetwood Mac will be back! :nod:

WildHearted 11-28-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1068101)
he apparently had no problems having Jon Brion produce his songs on upcoming Judd Apatow "This Is 40" soundtrack so not sure that theory really stands anymore. :shrug:

I doubt he had much choice if he wanted to participate (certainly he could have opted out/declined/what have you, but it's good publicity/possible revenue etc), it was probably part of the deal considering that all of the artists are produced by the same guy. I don't think you can use such an isolated situation as that to infer anything, truly. He obviously didn't care enough to turn them down, but that's not to say he wouldn't have preferred to produce them himself if given the option.

/devils advocate.

soul_drifter333 11-28-2012 11:13 PM

Actually, this is the way they always recorded. Stevie has admitted to not having much input in how the instrumental parts have been recorded, even in the early days. Instead of just not being in the same room for the recordings, she is not even in the same state when the instrumental tracks are recorded. :nod: If she get bored and doesn't have anything to do why should she even be there? And maybe the process can move quicker without so much drama of having them both in the same room.
I think that SYW had some other problems other than the recording process, like maybe a bad attitude and not wanting to be there at all. This "attitude" seem to carry over to the tour also...from the shows that I saw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1068093)
I dunno the way the recording process for these songs is described sounds very similar to SYW with Stevie coming in and adding her vocals to the already laid down tracks:shrug:but still anxious to hear anything new with the Fleetwood Mac name on it.It has been nearly a decade.

Villavic 11-28-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1068077)

Michele

Yes, and specially written by Stevie. I know it's so hard to be original after decades of writing songs, but can't they(she!) strive a bit more? If it's not an angel, is a girl, or a female mystic name.

Quote:

Now that's not completely original but it's a new idea, and would generate more speculations about Christine and Stevie.. friends or allies? ;)

WildHearted 11-28-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1068125)
Yes, and specially written by Stevie. I know it's so hard to be original after decades of writing songs, but can't they(she!) strive a bit more? If it's not an angel, is a girl, or a female mystic name.

I was/am under the impression that both Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy are both Lindsey's songs. The song of Stevie's that was recorded is the 3rd song mentioned in relation to Buckingham Nicks.

And also, I'd like to note that Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy both sound like some celebrity perfume titles. Maybe the Mac should put out their own line.

vivfox 11-29-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1068126)
I was/am under the impression that both Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy are both Lindsey's songs. The song of Stevie's that was recorded is the 3rd song mentioned in relation to Buckingham Nicks.

I'm guessing this could be Nomad because the other 2 new songs are songs of Lindsey's. Without You was probably written by both of them.

michelej1 11-29-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1068126)
And also, I'd like to note that Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy both sound like some celebrity perfume titles. Maybe the Mac should put out their own line.

Yeah, because that Mick looks like a fine smelling man.

Michele

johnnystorms 11-29-2012 12:28 AM

i suspect the record co. is going to INSIST on a Stevie song.

Johnny Stew 11-29-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1068129)
I'm guessing this could be Nomad because the other 2 new songs are songs of Lindsey's. Without You was probably written by both of them.

Stevie already released "Nomad" (aka "Candlebright") on Trouble In Shangri-La. I could die a happy man if it's "Without You."

britt0308 11-29-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1068137)
Stevie already released "Nomad" (aka "Candlebright") on Trouble In Shangri-La. I could die a happy man if it's "Without You."

Same here bud. ;)

There was some discussion of what 'known' BN songs would be available, and have not already been reworked/released. Without You is in the lead!

CADreaming 11-29-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1068106)
How about Sable on Daddy Angel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikephxaz (Post 1068109)
LOL too funny...maybe Daddy's Little Angel
or Angel of My Daddy...or Angel Food Cake

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Awesome!

vivfox 11-29-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1068137)

Did I say Nomad??? I did! But in my defense I wrote that in the late night hour when I was half asleep and just wanted to put my .02 in. I meant to say Watch Devil. I would be thrilled to hear Without You, but I have a feeling WD will be her cut.

TrueFaith77 02-18-2013 05:45 PM

When are these songs going to be released?

shackin'up 02-18-2013 05:58 PM

I bet they'll be released very short before april. No new music while the Rumours reissues are still selling well. And wait for the pressattention for YCFT for Sound City goes over to the movie itself. So I guess: in a month. Last week of march.

michelej1 02-18-2013 06:05 PM

I remember getting a little CD give away at one of the SYW concerts, I think in England. I believe it had 4 songs on it. Peacekeeper, SYW and 2 more. I guess those were supposed to be the next "singles," but it never happened.

They could have done that this time, if they had an album to promote.

Michele

vivfox 02-18-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1078463)
I remember getting a little CD give away at one of the SYW concerts, I think in England. I believe it had 4 songs on it. Peacekeeper, SYW and 2 more. I guess those were supposed to be the next "singles," but it never happened.

Actually they did happen. Not 100% sure but if my memory serves me right they released Steal Your Heart away and Thrown Down at the same time. The big mistake they made was releasing them at the same time that the Christmas tunes dominate radio airplay which made the possibility of the public hearing those singles, dead in the water(as you like to say).

secondhandchain 03-14-2013 12:09 AM

Shouldn't they release these songs all ready? They tour in a few weeks and you would think that they would want some of the fans to know these songs. Wierd.

Gene 03-14-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1082019)
Shouldn't they release these songs all ready? They tour in a few weeks and you would think that they would want some of the fans to know these songs. Wierd.

Only if they're planning to play them.

Cammie 03-14-2013 11:34 AM

Angel Food Cake !!!

:angel: That would be yummy!!! Like Lindsey !!!:]