The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Rolling Stone (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44478)

joe68 08-17-2010 01:41 PM

New Rolling Stone

The New Rolling Stone is out with the cast of "True Blood" on the cover. Has anyone received this issue as yet? Is the new David Wilde piece about Stevie's new album in it?

Thanks!

joe68 08-17-2010 04:35 PM

The new issue with Stevie has "True Blood" on the cover and it was just released. Im asking if anyone got it in the mail early.

kak125 08-17-2010 06:44 PM

I get Rolling Stone but have not received my new issue yet. I think I got the one with Katy Perry on it about 2 weeks ago. I will let you all know when it comes in the mail.

kak125 08-17-2010 06:50 PM

Just read this from David Wild on twitter

My Rolling Stone story had to be moved back on issue at the last moment. Now should hit stands September 2nd.

sorcerer999 08-17-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 906281)
Just read this from David Wild on twitter

My Rolling Stone story had to be moved back on issue at the last moment. Now should hit stands September 2nd.

Figures. So...NOT the True Blood issue, then?

sleepless child 08-17-2010 07:19 PM

DAMN!!! And I was so excited that she made the issue with my fav show True Blood. figures.

sorcerer999 08-17-2010 08:04 PM

Wildaboutmusic - For those asking, I hear the reason Stevie was pushed back an issue was RS needed the space for U2. Luck of the Irish.

Livia 08-17-2010 11:03 PM

I should get mine soon - saw the cover online already, wow! True Blood is the best show on television right now. :D

sorcerer999 08-18-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 906290)
Wildaboutmusic - For those asking, I hear the reason Stevie was pushed back an issue was RS needed the space for U2. Luck of the Irish.

BTW - Dave Stewart posted on Twitter today that he had dinner with Bono and the Edge last night, and played them his new record. Not that this has anything to do with Stevie's article being pushed back...but still, I found that interesting.

Sahara 08-21-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 906359)
BTW - Dave Stewart posted on Twitter today that he had dinner with Bono and the Edge last night, and played them his new record. Not that this has anything to do with Stevie's article being pushed back...but still, I found that interesting.

Interesting indeed. Oh to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

Heartboy 08-21-2010 06:42 PM

I love 'True Blood' but I don't care for that photo. It' NASTY! :shocked: LOL BTW, Stevie may not be in this issue but the other two QUEENS OF ROCK are ~> Ann & Nancy Wilson!!!:cool::)

APerfectLie 09-02-2010 12:27 AM

It is officially September 2. Anyone have the new issue?

chelluversu 09-02-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 908420)
It is officially September 2. Anyone have the new issue?

It's sitting upstairs in my room...I found nada :sorry:

Jondalar 09-02-2010 02:43 AM

so wait a minute, it's not in there? False information?

Meowi 09-02-2010 03:25 AM

Chell, is it the True Blood cover? Otherwise if its the Mad Men cover, Ima gonna panic!

kak125 09-02-2010 08:00 AM

The Mad Men cover should have the new Stevie album info. David Wild (sp?) posted on his twitter yesterday that his article will be in the new RS.

kak125 09-02-2010 10:00 AM

David Wild just updated his twitter

WILD SONG OF THE DAY: "Don't Come Around Here No More" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. See what @DaveStewart and Stevie N say in new RS

GypsyBlueEyes 09-02-2010 11:15 AM

I've got it :)

It isn't the big review I think we all assumed it would be. You can find it under Studio Notes on page 24. It has the most gorgeous picture of her sitting & looking down at the sound board thing and Dave is standing behind her holding his guitar...unfortunately, it's really small.

This is what it says:

STEVIE NICKS SOLO ALBUM DUE IN 2011.

"I haven't been this excited about anything I've done since [1981's] Bella Donna," says Stevie Nicks, who is working on her first solo LP since 2001. The album is a collaboration with Eurythmics' Dave Stewart, who co-wrote and co-produced the disc (Glen Ballard also worked on the recored). "It's thrilling, because I've found a writing partner," says Nicks. "I never thought that would happen, because I've never been into sharing songs." The record, which Nicks hopes to put out next spring, doesn't have a title yet but is full of atmospheric, moody rock & roll reminiscent of her best solo work. "For What It's Worth" is a road song that Heartbreaker Mike Campbell contributed the music for, "In Your Dreams" is a supercatchy, uptempo cut, and "Italian Summer" is a grand, romantic ballad based on a trip Nicks recently took to Italy. "It's so powerful," she says. "That was a magical time that's become a magical song." She adds, "at a certain point, I'm going to get too old for this, but making this album really shows that I'm not done yet."

nailatixela 09-02-2010 11:18 AM

Thanks for posting that! It's so exciting to have new song titles. In Your Dreams sounds amazing. I wonder if it's going to be dreamy/airy/positive or in your dreams like yeah right, Nothing Ever Changes, Enchanted sarcastic sort of vibe.

Richard B 09-02-2010 11:32 AM

"In Your Dreams" sounds like the making of a Nicks album title. However, I much would prefer "For What It's Worth" as an album title.

HejiraNYC 09-02-2010 12:13 PM

Why do I harbor blind jealousy towards David Wild today? :mad:

APerfectLie 09-02-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes (Post 908490)
I've got it :)

It isn't the big review I think we all assumed it would be. You can find it under Studio Notes on page 24. It has the most gorgeous picture of her sitting & looking down at the sound board thing and Dave is standing behind her holding his guitar...unfortunately, it's really small.

This is what it says:

STEVIE NICKS SOLO ALBUM DUE IN 2011.

"I haven't been this excited about anything I've done since [1981's] Bella Donna," says Stevie Nicks, who is working on her first solo LP since 2001. The album is a collaboration with Eurythmics' Dave Stewart, who co-wrote and co-produced the disc (Glen Ballard also worked on the recored). "It's thrilling, because I've found a writing partner," says Nicks. "I never thought that would happen, because I've never been into sharing songs." The record, which Nicks hopes to put out next spring, doesn't have a title yet but is full of atmospheric, moody rock & roll reminiscent of her best solo work. "For What It's Worth" is a road song that Heartbreaker Mike Campbell contributed the music for, "In Your Dreams" is a supercatchy, uptempo cut, and "Italian Summer" is a grand, romantic ballad based on a trip Nicks recently took to Italy. "It's so powerful," she says. "That was a magical time that's become a magical song." She adds, "at a certain point, I'm going to get too old for this, but making this album really shows that I'm not done yet."

So I went to CVS, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Randalls and none of them have this issue of Rolling Stone. Actually, CVS was the only place that had ANY issues of RS. My walls are flaming. Anywho, care to share a pic of the pic and/or article??

LikeAWillow 09-02-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 908523)
So I went to CVS, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Randalls and none of them have this issue of Rolling Stone. Actually, CVS was the only place that had ANY issues of RS. My walls are flaming. Anywho, care to share a pic of the pic and/or article??

I feel you. I trekked out to Barnes and Noble today, but the sales guy told me that most stores don't get their weeklys delivered until Friday. He promised me a copy tomorrow, though! :woohoo:

Having so many song titles is just getting me more and more excited to hear this album. I can't wait to put on Italian Summer and think about how I've been dreading/counting down to the song for months. For What It's Worth sounds BEAUTIFUL. Ahh, can't wait.

wheart 09-02-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 908531)
I feel you. I trekked out to Barnes and Noble today, but the sales guy told me that most stores don't get their weeklys delivered until Friday. He promised me a copy tomorrow, though! :woohoo:

Having so many song titles is just getting me more and more excited to hear this album. I can't wait to put on Italian Summer and think about how I've been dreading/counting down to the song for months. For What It's Worth sounds BEAUTIFUL. Ahh, can't wait.

me too!!! It's gonna be a long winter waiting for this thing to come out. I still can't quite believe that this is really happening. It's been so many years and not a word and in the space of 6 months it's done and very close to being released. I'm super excited but I'm even more excited that Stevie's excited!!! Can't wait to hear it and see her on tour next year!!!

LikeAWillow 09-02-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 908532)
I'm super excited but I'm even more excited that Stevie's excited!!!

Totally agreed, and I really think that all of this new passion transferred right over to her "Not a Tour" Tour performances. This is such a good time to be a Stevie Nicks fan. Annnnnnnd this is the first time I'll be a fan for any new material at all from her-- I came in right after Say You Will was released. SO excited.

GypsyBlueEyes 09-02-2010 04:05 PM

Ok, my scanner has stopped cooperating with me so I took pictures of the article instead...better than nothing, I guess :thumbsup:

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...lingStone1.jpg http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...lingStone2.jpg

LikeAWillow 09-02-2010 04:11 PM

^ THANK YOU. She's such a baller. Love 'em, thug 'em, ** 'em, leave 'em, Nicksie.

APerfectLie 09-02-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes (Post 908537)
Ok, my scanner has stopped cooperating with me so I took pictures of the article instead...better than nothing, I guess :thumbsup:

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...lingStone1.jpg http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...lingStone2.jpg

Thanks for the pics! But ****, I thought Dave was working with Stevie Nicks, not Stevie Wonder. :laugh: Just kidding! Love her sunglasses!

louielouie2000 09-02-2010 04:16 PM

Argh, why can't Stevie look like THAT when she hits the stage?? These candid photos of her the past several years in her "street look" have been downright sexy. She looks so frumpy these days in the Italian Widow Granny getups she wears on stage.

GODDESS6 09-02-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

awesome, thanx, she looks phenomenal!!!:thumbsup:~

Tango 09-02-2010 04:37 PM

Thank you for the pic and the write up GypsyBlueEyes.

Stevie looks great! I like the blue guitar as well.

Jondalar 09-02-2010 06:50 PM

I don't like when he says remniscent of her best solo work. TISL was reminiscent of her best solo work, but it didn't work. The songs sounded like her imitating herself. I also don't like the fact that he never mentioned Annabelle Lee. She was raving about that song last month and he never said anything about it.

I'm glad the album got a mention, but it doesn't sound like a "Blood on these Tracks" rave. He just said one song was catchy and one ballad was grand. Whoopie.

I hope this album really is a moody, atmopheric masterpiece though. Atmosphere is why I buy music.

P.S. In Your Dreams... sounds like the title of an album. For what its' worth... could be too. I'm hoping she uses something else though.

sleepless child 09-02-2010 07:08 PM

I love this photo. They look so darn cool together.:nod:

GypsyBlueEyes 09-02-2010 07:27 PM

^^You're welcome :)

I think this whole Rolling Stone thing was talked up way too much for the reality of what we got. The way he was talking, it sounded like there was going to be an in depth review of the album but there isn't very much to this. I was pretty disappointed when I found it. In all of his tweets he seemed so excited about what he'd heard in the studio with Stevie but none of that excitement made it into Rolling Stone, which is a shame considering the interest it could have helped generate.

The pic, though, that definitely didn't disappoint. She looks gorgeous! :nod:

Artemis 09-02-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

To quote Mean Girls; that is so fetch. She looks so stylish.

Musicman408 09-02-2010 08:41 PM

Ever little bit I hear about this project makes me more excited for the album!!!

APerfectLie 09-02-2010 08:50 PM

Is it March yet?!

sorcerer999 09-02-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 908598)
Is it March yet?!

LOL! Don't we all wish! I'm kinda glad I have something to look forward to to get me through the fall/winter. I also started putting away a little money per paycheck for good concert seats/travel expenses/memorabilia for the "Summer Of Stevie". May as well start now.

BTW - I could totally see "In Your Dreams" as the title. It's so "Stevie"!

Although I must confess, part of me is really hoping that the title is called "Lady From The Mountain" and that the song ends up on the record...in MY dreams!

gypsy4life 09-02-2010 09:55 PM

She looks hot!!!
Can't wait until March!!!

michelej1 09-03-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 908547)
Argh, why can't Stevie look like THAT when she hits the stage?? These candid photos of her the past several years in her "street look" have been downright sexy. She looks so frumpy these days in the Italian Widow Granny getups she wears on stage.

Oh, her outfits from these most recent August shows have been kind of hip and tapered. Do you think an Italian widowed granny would dress in those?

Michele