The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What's this? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27276)

macfan 57 06-11-2006 06:41 PM

What's this?

Does anyone know what this is? I checked the forum on Christine's website & I got this.....hackers?

http://www.christinemcvie.com/forum/

goldustsongbird 06-11-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57

:laugh: Looks like it. Though why anyone would want to hack a Christine McVie forum is way beyond me.

jbrownsjr 06-11-2006 09:54 PM

dammit Stew!! what did you do!!!:lol:

HomerMcvie 06-11-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
dammit Stew!! what did you do!!!:lol:

Eh, he's been after me for quite some time.

Thanks Brian.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was just on Chris' site about 5pm, and it was fine. Could it be the "6 month instigator", to whom we were referring?
I hate hackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbrownsjr 06-12-2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Eh, he's been after me for quite some time.

Thanks Brian.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was just on Chris' site about 5pm, and it was fine. Could it be the "6 month instigator", to whom we were referring?
I hate hackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's not stopping him

macfan 57 06-12-2006 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's too much of a coincidence that she reappeared again & just a week or so later the forum gets hacked into. I didn't think that airhead was smart enough to do something like that though. I just sent a private message to Pip, the moderator of that board.

Gailh 06-12-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's too much of a coincidence that she reappeared again & just a week or so later the forum gets hacked into. I didn't think that airhead was smart enough to do something like that though. I just sent a private message to Pip, the moderator of that board.

I too doubt if the cretin had the brains to hack into a forum.

Annoying though

Gail

macfan 57 06-14-2006 05:39 AM

This is just an update. Pip got back to me this morning. She said that the last few times she has e-mailed the administrator of the site, Gavin, she received no response back from him. So she is going to try to find a contact e-mail for Sanctuary Records to let them know what happened. It looks like they have lost all interest in that website. That pretty much explains why that Q & A died too.

Gailh 06-14-2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

This is just an update. Pip got back to me this morning. She said that the last few times she has e-mailed the administrator of the site, Gavin, she received no response back from him. So she is going to try to find a contact e-mail for Sanctuary Records to let them know what happened. It looks like they have lost all interest in that website. That pretty much explains why that Q & A died too.

Yes it looks like they've lost interest.

Thanks for trying

Gail

HomerMcvie 06-14-2006 11:33 AM

I'll never understand what thrill people get out of ruining someone else's website. F*CKING LOSERS!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'd like to rip their.............(nevermind):blob2:

dougl 06-17-2006 07:32 PM

detour around the hacker at Christine's website...

detour 'round the hacker...
click on username of last post, then click on 'find all posts by ', then click on Forum: 'In The Meantime:The Album'. hope it works!
we love ya' Chris!

Aisling 06-17-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougl
detour 'round the hacker...
click on username of last post, then click on 'find all posts by ', then click on Forum: 'In The Meantime:The Album'. hope it works!
we love ya' Chris!

or you could just go to this link:

http://www.christinemcvie.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

it worked for me, hope it works for everyone else!

DrK 06-17-2006 11:54 PM

Thanks -- it works.

macfan 57 06-18-2006 05:12 AM

It worked. Doug & Aisling, you guys are great!

Long live Christine McVie.:woohoo::] :woohoo::] :woohoo::]

Gailh 06-18-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

It worked. Doug & Aisling, you guys are great!

Long live Christine McVie.:woohoo::] :woohoo::] :woohoo::]

I second that!

Gail

Gypsy-Rhiannon 06-18-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

This does seem to be the case. I've tried to email Gavin from the website and I just get it sent back with a faliure notice. So far no response from the email I sent to Sanctuary.

macfan 57 06-18-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
This does seem to be the case. I've tried to email Gavin from the website and I just get it sent back with a faliure notice. So far no response from the email I sent to Sanctuary.

It's OK, Pip. I know you're doing your best.:) It wouldn't surprise me if Gavin was no longer even working for Sanctuary.

David 06-18-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

It's OK, Pip. I know you're doing your best.:) It wouldn't surprise me if Gavin was no longer even working for Sanctuary.

I had a disappointing hunch that Web site would come & go with the album itself.

Remember, people, these are musicians who have essentially no interest in Internet presence or activity. Mick probably keeps his site running peripherally only as a future outlet for any additional business ventures he engages in. In Christine's case, she had absolutely no reason from her perspective to keep a Web presence beyond the immediate release of that CD.

But, people, get with the program. We don't NEED them to have them on the Web, if you get what I'm saying. We keep Christine alive by talking about her. She doesn't do that. She doesn't even help. In fact, she doesn't even hear about it. BUT WE KEEP THE CHRIS LEGEND ALIVE IN THE HEARTS OF THOUSANDS!! if you could but see it ...

Sure, it might have been nice to see her answers to the questions. But on the other hand, it might have been REALLY boring & pointless (Stevie's ongoing Q&A, anyone?).

macfan 57 06-19-2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I had a disappointing hunch that Web site would come & go with the album itself.

Remember, people, these are musicians who have essentially no interest in Internet presence or activity. Mick probably keeps his site running peripherally only as a future outlet for any additional business ventures he engages in. In Christine's case, she had absolutely no reason from her perspective to keep a Web presence beyond the immediate release of that CD.

But, people, get with the program. We don't NEED them to have them on the Web, if you get what I'm saying. We keep Christine alive by talking about her. She doesn't do that. She doesn't even help. In fact, she doesn't even hear about it. BUT WE KEEP THE CHRIS LEGEND ALIVE IN THE HEARTS OF THOUSANDS!! if you could but see it ...

Sure, it might have been nice to see her answers to the questions. But on the other hand, it might have been REALLY boring & pointless (Stevie's ongoing Q&A, anyone?).

I doubt that a Christine McVie Q & A would have been boring. Remember that online chat that she did back around when Time was released? But, you are absolutely right about us keeping the Chris legend alive by talking about her. I'm amazed that there are over 10,000 posts in this forum in 2 years. When I first came to the Ledge, you hardly heard anything about her in the general forums. Then Marty started this forum & the Chris fans slowly started coming out of the woodwork.

As for her website...I didn't think it would still be around 2 years after ITM was released. I think Sanctuary & Chris(I assume that she's still paying for it) have probably forgotten about it. Official websites are NEVER as good as fan sites, so it shouldn't really be a surprise what happened with her site.

macfan 57 03-01-2007 04:40 PM

Christine's website

I haven't been able to access Christine's website for the last day or two. It looks like either they took it down or it's being moved. Unfortunately, I think it's probably gone.:(

Gailh 03-02-2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 656433)
I haven't been able to access Christine's website for the last day or two. It looks like either they took it down or it's being moved. Unfortunately, I think it's probably gone.:(

I can open up the home page but none of the other pages are working.

Looks like it's gone or maybe Martin Wyatt is setting up a new one (this is where I usually wake up)

Gail

HomerMcvie 03-02-2007 04:27 AM

Yep, I just noticed it, too(before checking here). I'll bet that it's done.:shocked:

macfan 57 03-02-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 656784)
I can open up the home page but none of the other pages are working.

Looks like it's gone or maybe Martin Wyatt is setting up a new one (this is where I usually wake up)

Gail, how are you getting the home page? I can't even get that.:confused:

Not that it matters, it's probably gone anyway. That website was up for nearly 3 years. I don't know how these things work, but I assume that Chris still owns the domain name, ChristineMcVie.com.

Gailh 03-02-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 656789)
Gail, how are you getting the home page? I can't even get that.:confused:

Not that it matters, it's probably gone anyway. That website was up for nearly 3 years. I don't know how these things work, but I assume that Chris still owns the domain name, ChristineMcVie.com.

Erm I just type in www.christinemcvie.com and up it pops.

But as you say not that it matters none of the other pages are working.

Gail

Edited 13:30. the domain name is registered until July 2007. I daresay they'll re-register it just to stop someone else using it. I don't think we'll see another website. I don't think Christine is into any interaction with her fans. Sigh!

Gailh 03-02-2007 11:43 AM

Now I can't into the Home page!

Bum!

Gail

macfan 57 03-02-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 656790)
I don't think we'll see another website. I don't think Christine is into any interaction with her fans. Sigh!

Unfortunately, I think you're right. All those ITM outtakes & demos on her nephew's computer are gone forever. She is retired. And, in all reality if she never records again, there probably isn't a need, for her part for a website.

electronicstorm 03-02-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 656822)
Unfortunately, I think you're right. All those ITM outtakes & demos on her nephew's computer are gone forever. She is retired. And, in all reality if she never records again, there probably isn't a need, for her part for a website.

Retired!!?? Nah, we've heard it all before, I doubt she is gone forever. Hopefully they are just moving the site somewhere else or it's under construction. I think they own the domain christinemcvie.com, it would be really silly on her managers side or record label to let it go for anyone to pick up. How would they use that domain for future events. I'm sure it's there somewhere, they must be doing something. Christine will be back, she'll be writing lyrics on her dying bed! :thumbsup:

Oh and what's that about her nephew's computer gone forever?????? :confused:

macfan 57 03-02-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 657068)
Oh and what's that about her nephew's computer gone forever?????? :confused:

Oh no, I didn't mean his computer is gone.:D I had hoped that if she ever did anything with her website, maybe she'd offer some of those unreleased tracks for download via her site. I would assume that Dan Perfect still has his computer, or at least he still has those tracks saved.

Gailh 03-03-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 657068)
Retired!!?? Nah, we've heard it all before, I doubt she is gone forever. Hopefully they are just moving the site somewhere else or it's under construction. I think they own the domain christinemcvie.com, it would be really silly on her managers side or record label to let it go for anyone to pick up. How would they use that domain for future events. I'm sure it's there somewhere, they must be doing something. Christine will be back, she'll be writing lyrics on her dying bed! :thumbsup:

I'm sure they'll keep the registration of the domain name.

I equally sure that Sanctuary don't give a toss anymore.

Christine is probably still writing but I very much doubt if she'll ever record again.

Let's face it - she's retired

Gail

HomerMcvie 03-05-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 657220)

Let's face it - she's retired

Gail

Yep, I'm pretty sure that this is our truth(although of course I hope I'm wrong). While I certainly appreciate Ian's hope, we need to accept the truth.

Thanks Christine, for all the wonderful music you've brought into my life. Quite literally, the soundtrack to my life. You are/were/will always be - the heart of Fleetwood Mac.:xoxo: To me, there IS no Fleetwood Mac, without you.:)

Gailh 03-05-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 657370)
You are/were/will always be - the heart of Fleetwood Mac.:xoxo: To me, there IS no Fleetwood Mac, without you.:)

Beautifully put Homer.

I second that.

Gail

Gailh 03-05-2007 02:15 PM

I'm getting The Official Home of Virgin Steele when I type in the address now!

Jesus what next?

Gail

HomerMcvie 03-05-2007 02:34 PM

http://www.christinemcvie.com/links.asp
The URL is apparently owned by Sanctuary, as they've given it to another band of theirs.:(

Gailh 03-05-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 657501)
http://www.christinemcvie.com/links.asp
The URL is apparently owned by Sanctuary, as they've given it to another band of theirs.:(

Can they do that?

Gail

HomerMcvie 03-05-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 657506)
Can they do that?

Gail

I'm sure they own it, or they wouldn't do it.

Well, it's official. I'm finally deleting BOTH of my Chris Forum bookmarks. The real one, and the "patched" one we had. :(

electronicstorm 03-05-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 657506)
Can they do that?

Gail

How truly bizaar!! :shrug: It doesn't even make sense! How can another band have Christine's website let alone her name to their website, they will have to change it surely if they want to do any promoting. When was Christine's website first created, if I remember it wasn't long ago about the same time "In the meantime" came out. If so, I'm still not worried about the site leaving and the end of Christine's career. If or when Christine comes out with a new record they will more than likely create a new website again. They probably don't see Christine recording anytime soon, but I think in years to come there is going to be another album (when that happens, I could gladly, well not so gladly accept that one being the last), I just hope the gap isn't another 20 years!

macfan 57 03-05-2007 03:36 PM

This is very bizarre. I've never heard of Virgin Steele. Obviously, Sanctuary is behind Chris' website disappearing. How can they have ChristineMcVie.com if Chris owns her domain name?:confused:

Like Homer, I'll delete my bookmark now.

nicepace 03-05-2007 05:35 PM

I have no idea who Virgin Steele is, but my guess is that their website showing up at ChristineMcVie.com is the result of somebody's mistake. Somebody owns a hosting plan with more than one website on it; one is ChristineMcVie.com and one is, say, VirginSteele.com, and the person blundered and put the files for the Virgin Steele website in the Christine McVie directory. You'd think the person who made this error would catch it, but it's an amazing fact that a lot of people design websites and never even go look at them to see how they look. (This is one of the reasons for the many dreadful websites out there.) This is my professional guess as to what is going on.

I went to my domain registration company (dotster) and ran what is called a "whois" -- you ask the internet who owns a domain. It wasn't at all informative for ChristineMcVie.com, but it did tell me that nobody owns "ChristineMcVie.net". That would be a perfectly acceptable alternative name for a Christine site. So ... if anybody wants to make a Christine McVie fan site, I'd suggest grabbing that URL while it's still available.

Most people don't realize how inexpensive having a web presence is. Owning a domain name for a year is typically around $12 (Dotster is having a sale right now for $2.50) and there are good economy web hosts that will host more than one website for fees like $6 a month.

If I wasn't already VERY busy with some other web projects (or if somebody was actually going to PAY me for doing this, ha ha ha), I'd start a ChristineMcVie.net fan site myself.

Aisling 03-05-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 657370)
You are/were/will always be - the heart of Fleetwood Mac.:xoxo: To me, there IS no Fleetwood Mac, without you.:)

i have had the longest day (still at the office), but i logged on and saw this and it just made me smile. oddly it also made me tear up at the same time. . .but in a good way (does that make sense? i feel like i'm losing my mind right now).

sometimes i can't believe that i'll never hear her voice within the context of a fleetwood mac album again, and that just kills a part of me. but then i think of all that she's given and all that's left to look back on, and i'm so grateful.

Aisling 03-05-2007 10:19 PM

and on another note, this virgin steele thing has to be a mistake. who would want their site under the URL of another artist's name? someone screwed up at sanctuary.

having said that, i do believe her site is gone for good now.

someone want to ask john in the q&a if he'll let her know that we miss it? :)