The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Give the '84 Album a Name (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17371)

ontheEdgeof17 12-22-2004 03:24 PM

Give the '84 Album a Name

It's fun to name albums that are self-titled. What would have fit Chris' 80s album?

Keeping Secrets and The Challenge are both good titles.

macfan 57 12-22-2004 04:49 PM

Yeah, there are quite a few songs on that album that would have made a good album title. How about "One In A Million"? I also like "Keeping Secrets" as well. By the way, I love the picture on the album cover & I also like that the album is self-titled.

Johnny Stew 12-22-2004 05:06 PM

'Love Will Show Us How'... the whole album is about love: love lost, love found, blithesome love, hard-won love, love fulfilled and love unrequited.

NicksIllume 12-22-2004 06:05 PM

Keeping Secrets would have been a good title for it or I'm the One.

David 12-22-2004 07:22 PM

I would call it "The Shadow of My Shadow" as a reference to the pale shadow of Fleetwood Mac . . . always behind her, always behind her.

dougl 12-22-2004 08:09 PM

I like Sooner or Later, kind of works with In The Meantime, no?

amber 12-22-2004 09:15 PM

How bout..."Did Anyone Buy This?" :laugh:
Just kidding - I've never heard it - I'm sure it's wonderful... :D

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
How bout..."Did Anyone Buy This?" :laugh:
Just kidding - I've never heard it - I'm sure it's wonderful... :D

HARSH...but kinda true. :p

She just doesn't have it to be a solo artist. It's hard for me to listen to her solo work all the way through w/o getting bored. I hate that, too. She's awesome in the context of a band, but her solo work just doesn't do it for me....just a few songs here and there. :cool:

amber 12-23-2004 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
HARSH...but kinda true. :p

She just doesn't have it to be a solo artist. It's hard for me to listen to her solo work all the way through w/o getting bored. I hate that, too. She's awesome in the context of a band, but her solo work just doesn't do it for me....just a few songs here and there. :cool:

:distress: you don't have to tell me. I love Chris more than anyone, but.... :shrug: I'm right now gonna vote her "most want to stay at my house"
she just seems so cool, ya know?

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

:distress: you don't have to tell me. I love Chris more than anyone, but.... :shrug: I'm right now gonna vote her "most want to stay at my house"

I know! She would be a great sister! I just can't listen to her songs back to back. I need SnL in the mix. Sorry Chris, but you can still come over and jam.

amber 12-23-2004 12:42 AM

Quote:

I know! She would be a great sister! I just can't listen to her songs back to back. I need SnL in the mix. Sorry Chris, but you can still come over and jam.

:nod: :nod: yes. by the way, Stewleone is waiting to flirt with you, see the whole "For Capricorn Ledgies" thread. :laugh:

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 12:45 AM

Quote:

:nod: :nod: yes. by the way, Stewleone is waiting to flirt with you, see the whole "For Capricorn Ledgies" thread. :laugh:

So, I have read. :lol: Should I stay here or head over there? hehe

amber 12-23-2004 12:48 AM

Quote:

So, I have read. :lol: Should I stay here or head over there? hehe

go over there. that way the more Christine Minded won't have to put up with the yummy gay salaciousness... :laugh:

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 12:51 AM

Quote:

go over there. that way the more Christine Minded won't have to put up with the yummy gay salaciousness... :laugh:

Agreed.

We need one forum to stay virginized. :xoxo:

amber 12-23-2004 12:52 AM

Quote:

Agreed.

We need one forum to stay virginized. :xoxo:

:nod:
specially Christine's. :nod:

Johnny Stew 12-23-2004 12:53 AM

Oh, sweet Mary, mother of all that's holy....!!! :o :laugh:

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

:nod:
specially Christine's. :nod:

She could have been a great gay icon if she tried.....but I can't picture all ranchy, laying over her piano.

amber 12-23-2004 12:57 AM

Quote:

She could have been a great gay icon if she tried.....but I can't picture all ranchy, laying over her piano.

yeah. But, she could be the non shallow gay icon. The chick that's just cool and nice and plays good music. :shrug:

NicksIllume 12-23-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

That is one visual that I never wanted to enter into my mind.

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

yeah. But, she could be the non shallow gay icon. The chick that's just cool and nice and plays good music. :shrug:

Isn't that more lesbian? ;)

no offense

amber 12-23-2004 01:04 AM

Quote:

Isn't that more lesbian? ;)

no offense

No, you're right, i knew that when i said it. Or even more straight girly.
UNLESS
you want to throw gay iconography to the wind and embrace a non super fabulous, just plain cool girl, into your ranks?

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 01:07 AM

Quote:

No, you're right, i knew that when i said it. Or even more straight girly.
UNLESS
you want to throw gay iconography to the wind and embrace a non super fabulous, just plain cool girl, into your ranks?

I can't think of anyone to compare her to and I don't know of anyone that has said Chris has been an influence. She's in her own league, I guess. :confused:

Johnny Stew 12-23-2004 01:07 AM

Quote:

UNLESS

That would cause anarchy in the gay community, and gay men don't know which shoes go best with anarchy... so we'd better not go there!

amber 12-23-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
That would cause anarchy in the gay community, and gay men don't know which shoes go best with anarchy... so we'd better not go there!

ok. I'll respect the thang. Plus, i myself don't enjoy songs that don't have a great beat (dance to it) as much :shrug:

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

ok. I'll respect the thang. Plus, i myself don't enjoy songs that don't have a great beat (dance to it) as much :shrug:

I do enjoy her Tango remixes. I don't her other songs could have a dance beat added. Maybe Love In Store, but that is stretching it.

amber 12-23-2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

I do enjoy her Tango remixes. I don't her other songs could have a dance beat added. Maybe Love In Store, but that is stretching it.

Ah! My few favs are "heart of Stone" "isn't it midnight" (from my chain boxset, not tango) and SYLM, also Sugar Daddy. Basically, anything she does that's fast.

Johnny Stew 12-23-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

I've never been crazy about Jellybean's "Everywhere" remix... it came out rather bland. But the "Little Lies" remix is killer.

ontheEdgeof17 12-23-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

Ah! My few favs are "heart of Stone" "isn't it midnight" (from my chain boxset, not tango) and SYLM, also Sugar Daddy. Basically, anything she does that's fast.

Big 'Save Me' fan? That would make a kick ass dance mix.

macmar71 12-30-2004 11:40 PM

Classic Beauty

Hawkeye 12-31-2004 01:27 AM

Quote:

the 84 album was actually quite sucessful. I mean Love Will Show US How and Got a Hold on Me were HUGE radio hits. Especially Got A Hold On Me. It was a #10 song.

macfan 57 12-31-2004 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye
the 84 album was actually quite sucessful. I mean Love Will Show US How and Got a Hold on Me were HUGE radio hits. Especially Got A Hold On Me. It was a #10 song.

That is true. "Got A Hold On Me" got up to #1 on the adult contemporary chart as well. I remember it was played constantly on the radio & the video was on MTV alot also. The album itself got up to #26 on the Billboard chart. That's really not bad at all. It obviously got a lot of help from Fleetwood Mac which was still very popular at that time.

jbrownsjr 01-06-2005 03:23 PM

Trouble In Montreux :lol: :lol:

dougl 01-06-2005 09:26 PM

That's pretty funny!!