The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   VH-1 Destiny Rules special....COMMERCIAL FREE! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13337)

greatdarkwing 03-05-2004 11:32 AM

VH-1 Destiny Rules special....COMMERCIAL FREE!

After 17 Years Fleetwood Mac Heads Back to the Studio in VH1 Special Documentary Presentation - 'Fleetwood Mac: Destiny Rules' Premiering Commercial Free, Sunday March 14 at 9:00 PM*

VH1 and VH1 Classic Will Sponsor Fleetwood Mac's 2004 Tour Set to Kick-off

In May

NEW YORK, March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- When Lindsey Buckingham decided to record his solo album, he never knew it would result in reuniting Fleetwood Mac after more than a decade apart to record their latest album Say You Will. This creative process is captured in a 90-minute documentary, "Fleetwood Mac: Destiny Rules" premiering commercial free on VH1 Sunday, March 14 at 9:00 PM.*

Featuring exclusive interviews with Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, "Fleetwood Mac: Destiny Rules" exposes life beyond the stage and chronicles how the legendary band faces the challenges of remaining true to their art while trying to produce an album that portrays the timelessness of Fleetwood Mac, without the fifth member, Christine McVie.

And this was not an easy feat. Tensions rose between the band members, particularly among former lovers, Buckingham and Nicks. Ultimately, however Fleetwood Mac overcame their differences to do what they do best - make music.

VH1 and VH1 Classic will sponsor the second leg of Fleetwood Mac's North American tour. The tour will kick-off on May 8 in Madison, WI and make stops in 34 cities throughout the summer. A complete tour schedule can be found at www.vh1.com or at www.fleetwoodmac.com.

Originally formed in 1966, Fleetwood Mac had their breakthrough success in 1975 with the line-up of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie. In 1977, the band hit the top of the charts with one of the biggest-selling albums of all time, "Rumours." Always known for their rocky relationship, the band briefly went their separate ways during the 80s and then reunited to perform at President Bill Clinton's 1992 Inaugural Ball.

CompUsa and SBC (Southern Bell Communications) are sponsoring the commercial free premiere of "Fleetwood Mac: Destiny Rules." Viewers can go online to http://www.vh1.com for the latest information about the band including upcoming tour information.

VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in nearly 84 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital services including VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul, VH Uno, VH1 Mega Hits and VH1 Country. Connect with VH1 at www.VH1.com.

VH1 is a registered trademark of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom International Inc. MTV Networks also operates and offers joint ventures, licensing agreements and syndication deals whereby its programming can be seen worldwide.

* all times ET/PT

Press Contacts: Maura Corcoran/VH1 Lindsey Schiff-Abrams/MTVN

212-846-7325 310-752-8082

SOURCE VH1

CO: VH1

ST: New York

SU:

-----Hope you guys enjoy this! NO COMMERCIALS!!!

~Alex

wondergirl9847 03-05-2004 11:41 AM

EEEEEE!!!!!

Commercial free!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

:blob1::blob2:

cliffdweller 03-05-2004 12:00 PM

Woo-hoo!!! Thanks for the nod!

GardenStateGirlie 03-05-2004 12:39 PM

Can it be March 14th now, please?? :D Thanks for posting!!!

Merf 03-05-2004 01:12 PM

Good times!!! I can't wait!!! :)

rhiannon1119 03-05-2004 03:19 PM

Woohoo.. commercial free! It doesn't get much better than that!

:) Michelle

jadegypsy 03-05-2004 03:22 PM

yay!!!

Comercial Free, life is good, now if only the quarter could hurry up and end, then I can go on Spring Break (Sunny LA)!

dissention 03-05-2004 06:28 PM

That's fantastic news!!! Thanks, Alex! :wavey:

sodascouts 03-05-2004 06:51 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WelshWitchPMD 03-05-2004 07:05 PM

Already got the DVD/VCR combo. I just need to set it up to get it in gear for the 14th.:D

estranged4life 03-05-2004 07:12 PM

Oh well...

guess I'll have to trade for a copy since I dont have access to VH-1...But with what I have coming in next week trading shouldn't be a problem.

Brian j.

WelshWitchPMD 03-05-2004 07:15 PM

Re: Oh well...

Quote:

Originally posted by estranged4life
guess I'll have to trade for a copy since I dont have access to VH-1...But with what I have coming in next week trading shouldn't be a problem.

Brian j.

No problem Brian. I just need to see if I can get it to work.

estranged4life 03-05-2004 07:18 PM

Re: Re: Oh well...

Quote:

Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
No problem Brian. I just need to see if I can get it to work.
Thanks Pattie...

Brian j.

Nixxxed 03-05-2004 07:42 PM

No commercials just means...

...that when you get all excited from watching L & S slug it out in the studio and have to run to the bathroom before you explode -- you're gonna miss something good. I much prefer "limited commercial interruptions" than no breaks at all.

Also, my fear with them broadcasting 90 minutes of uninterrupted documentary is that we'll never see the commercial release of this. Let's not forget the Tusk album radio broadcast fiasco... Between this board and other sites I've seen countless "Set your VCR" notices.

I'd much rather have my own pristine copy on DVD, part of a 2-disc set with the Soundstage special show. :laugh: Yeah, right.

Just my 2 cents... But am I excited about the show? OF COURSE!!!

JamieSPC 03-08-2004 12:33 PM

Given that most of the footage I've seen is widescreen (letterboxed), I would think this was always intended for a DVD and fully expect to see one within the year. It wouldn't make sense not to. Plus, haven't we always been told that both this and the Soundstage show would get a DVD release?

Remember, "The Dance" aired on TV before the DVD release.

I fully expect an expanded version of this on DVD. Please, to those in charge: don't disappoint.

~Jamie

CarneVaca 03-08-2004 12:46 PM

Did VH1 have to schedule this to conflict with The Sopranos?

I guess I'll just have to look for the Sopranos' many encores on one of the many HBO channels I get.

Livia 03-08-2004 12:55 PM

It's usually repeated on Tuesday nights, I believe. On the "regular" HBO.

dissention 03-08-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JamieSPC
Given that most of the footage I've seen is widescreen (letterboxed), I would think this was always intended for a DVD and fully expect to see one within the year. It wouldn't make sense not to. Plus, haven't we always been told that both this and the Soundstage show would get a DVD release?
No, some people said it would be released on DVD with no confirmation and it got passed off as fact. It has never been said by anyone other than fans that it would be on DVD. The same thing was said about Lindsey's Soundstage being released on DVD with the Boston concert. The only thing we know for a fact is that the Boston concert will be on DVD.

However, the Warren Zevon episode of "Inside Out" was released on DVD, so the FM one will be probably be released, too.

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
No, some people said it would be released on DVD with no confirmation and it got passed off as fact. It has never been said by anyone other than fans that it would be on DVD.
See, I'm pretty sure I read either Mick or Lindsey saying that they're hoping to release the documentary on DVD at some point. :confused:

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 02:55 PM

This isn't directly from Mick or Lindsey, but UPI.com had this to say in 2002:
Quote:

"The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac," 36 songs in a double-CD package due for release Oct. 15 on Reprise Records, chronicles the career of one of rock's best-known groups. The band also has finished a new studio album scheduled for a release in the spring of 2003. The as-yet unnamed album will feature members of the group's most familiar lineup -- Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie -- and is the first recording of new material to include both Nicks and Buckingham since 1989's "Tango In The Night."
An extensive tour, with dates to be announced shortly, will follow the eagerly awaited new release. The best-of package includes "Dreams," "Don't Stop," "Go Your Own Way," "The Chain," "Rhiannon," "You Make Loving Fun," "Little Lies," "Tusk" and in-concert renditions of "Big Love," "I'm So Afraid" and "Go Insane," originally heard on the group's 1997 live recording, "The Dance." Also included is the group's studio version of the Stevie Nicks original, "Landslide," currently a hit single for the Dixie Chicks.
Among the enhanced-CD package's special features are never-before-seen video footage of the band, a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the recording of their upcoming album and a link to an exclusive Web site with upcoming tour information. A full-length documentary of the recording process will be broadcast and released as a DVD next year.

dissention 03-08-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Stew
This isn't directly from Mick or Lindsey, but UPI.com had this to say in 2002:
C'mon, Johnny, that's a bit of a stretch. ;)

Is UPI the only source that said it would be broadcast and released on DVD?

Listen, I think it will be released on DVD because Zevon's eppy was. I'm just saying that certain people passed it off as fact when it wasn't, and people subsequently believed that it would be.

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

C'mon, Johnny, that's a bit of a stretch. ;)

Is UPI the only source that said it would be broadcast and released on DVD?

Listen, I think it will be released on DVD because Zevon's eppy was. I'm just saying that certain people passed it off as fact when it wasn't, and people subsequently believed that it would be.

Not sure that that's a "stretch" really, as I was simply trying to show that the rumour of a DVD release didn't begin with hopeful fans. :)

I know I've read that info in at least one other article, but I can't remember exactly where, and don't feel like wasting a lot of time searching for it. :)

(As a side-note... the official word from Fleetwood Mac's camp last year, was that the Boston shows were being recorded for PBS' Soundstage series. It was only a Boston Globe reviewer who stated the concert was being filmed for a DVD release... and we all pretty much then accepted that as fact, too.)

dissention 03-08-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Not sure that that's a "stretch" really, as I was simply trying to show that the rumour of a DVD release didn't begin with hopeful fans. :)

I know I've read that info in at least one other article, but I can't remember exactly where, and don't feel like wasting a lot of time searching for it. :)

Then let's just agree to disagree. :)

Still, I'm rather curious to see how many fans still believe that the Boston concert and Lindsey's Soundstage episode are going to be released as a two pack after someone mentioned it months back. :laugh: You know they're out there. ;)

dissention 03-08-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

(As a side-note... the official word from Fleetwood Mac's camp last year, was that the Boston shows were being recorded for PBS' Soundstage series. It was only a Boston Globe reviewer who stated the concert was being filmed for a DVD release... and we all pretty much then accepted that as fact, too.)
Nope. As I said before, I had asked some of the cameramen at the show about a DVD possibility and was told it was being taped for Soundstage and DVD. ;) I suspect the Boston globe reviewer got the same info from the same crew.

Anyways, I have no desire to get into a pissing contest.

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Nope. As I said before, I had asked some of the cameramen at the show about a DVD possibility and was told it was being taped for Soundstage and DVD. ;) I suspect the Boston globe reviewer got the same info from the same crew.
Still, you have to admit that even though the cameramen told you personally that it was also being filmed for DVD release, it was still just your word as a fan, until FM officially stated otherwise. ;)
Quote:

Anyways, I have no desire to get into a pissing contest.
:laugh: Neither do I, and that wasn't my intention.
I just wanted to show that there was some grain of truth to the documentary-on-DVD notion, outside of writing it off as simply optimistic fans spreading rumours. :)

(By the way, rumours being passed off as fact, bug me to no end, too... so I definitely understand where you're coming from.) :)

dissention 03-08-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Still, you have to admit that even though the cameramen told you personally that it was also being filmed for DVD release, it was still just your word as a fan, until FM officially stated otherwise. ;)

:laugh: Neither do I, and that wasn't my intention.
I just wanted to show that there was some grain of truth to the documentary-on-DVD notion, outside of writing it off as simply optimistic fans spreading rumours. :)

(By the way, rumours being passed off as fact, bug me to no end, too... so I definitely understand where you're coming from.) :)

Eek. The icon that I clicked didn't show up after the "pissing contest" remark and it came off as bitchy. Sorry! :laugh: It was meant as a lighthearted remark, not a rude one.

As for the cameraman, that's a bit different than someone just saying "Yup, it'll go onto DVD!" I'm more prone to believe someone who is actually involved in the making of the product than someone whose wishful thinking is purported as fact. :D

estranged4life 03-08-2004 04:04 PM

Well...

if they were smart they should release a DVD of a show since nearly every major arena act has released one (And/or a live album) as of late from a current US tour:

Paul McCartney-Back In The US
The Rolling Stones-Four Flicks
U2-Elevation:Live In Boston

I have the feeling the Soundstage Boston show will be disappointing since they will have to edit down a 2 hour 20 minute concert to under an hour...

Brian j.

strandinthewind 03-08-2004 04:10 PM

I am also kind of surprised that some cable channel like HBO has not picked it up like they have done for Cher and The Stones. But, I will take what they will give and be happy and also being hoping the DVD contains extra songs, etc!!! :cool:

dissention 03-08-2004 04:11 PM

Re: Well...

Quote:

I have the feeling the Soundstage Boston show will be disappointing since they will have to edit down a 2 hour 20 minute concert to under an hour...

Brian j.

I remember reading somewhere that it would be edited down to two hours, but I'm not sure. If it's edited to two hours, I don't think we'll miss much. They'll probably get rid of Mick's awful drum solo, most of the introductions to the songs, and edit out the time between the songs. So, I think we'll probably get the full show. :)

strandinthewind 03-08-2004 04:14 PM

I agree, they could cut out 30 minutes of lag time and keep almost all of the songs.

I wonder if SN and LB have done any looping or pro-tools to make the vocals better. I am not saying this in a bad way. iI just know a lot of artist do this and FM and SN solo have done it in the past :cool:

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 04:17 PM

Quote:

Eek. The icon that I clicked didn't show up after the "pissing contest" remark and it came off as bitchy. Sorry! :laugh: It was meant as a lighthearted remark, not a rude one.
:laugh:
No problem at all! :nod: :)
Even if it were meant to be bitchy, I know it's nothing personal... after all, we're all just as passionate as the members of Fleetwood Mac! :laugh:

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 04:25 PM

Re: Re: Well...

Quote:

Quote:

I remember reading somewhere that it would be edited down to two hours, but I'm not sure. If it's edited to two hours, I don't think we'll miss much. They'll probably get rid of Mick's awful drum solo, most of the introductions to the songs, and edit out the time between the songs. So, I think we'll probably get the full show. :)
I remember reading that too... that FM's Soundstage special would be double-length.

Even at that, if they do drop several songs from the PBS Broadcast, there's no reason why they can't add them back in for a DVD release.
The MTV broadcast of 'The Dance' was truncated too, but the DVD featured all the songs performed. :)

Like dissention, I figure they'll just trim out the in-betweens and some of the song introductions. Though I bet they'll leave Mick's vesturbation, as-is.

Personally, I have two songs that I absolutely want to see... "Beautiful Child" and "Goodbye Baby."
As long as they're in the broadcast, I'll be happy, and everything else will be gravy. :)

dissention 03-08-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
I agree, they could cut out 30 minutes of lag time and keep almost all of the songs.

I wonder if SN and LB have done any looping or pro-tools to make the vocals better. I am not saying this in a bad way. iI just know a lot of artist do this and FM and SN solo have done it in the past :cool:

Knowing Lindsey, the answer would be a definitive YES! :laugh:

dissention 03-08-2004 04:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Well...

Quote:

I remember reading that too... that FM's Soundstage special would be double-length.

Even at that, if they do drop one or two songs from the PBS Broadcast, there's no reason why they can't add them back in for a DVD release.
The MTV broadcast of 'The Dance' was truncated too, but the DVD featured all the songs performed. :)

Like dissention, I figure they'll just trim out the in-betweens and some of the song introductions. Though I bet they'll leave Mick's vesturbation as-is.

Personally, I have two songs that I absolutely want to see... "Beautiful Child" and "Goodbye Baby."
Everything else will be gravy. :)

:laugh: Vesturbation!!! :laugh: LMAO!

If they leave it in, I'll be so pissed. It'll just make for boring television, IMO. :laugh:

I'd be quite disappointed if they cut any songs to make room for Mick's ****ty solo, too.

One thing I hope they keep, though, is the Landslide dedication. It was fabulous. :D

CarneVaca 03-08-2004 04:33 PM

Re: Well...

Quote:

Brian j.

That's not necessarily the case. Didn't I read somewhere that this was going to be 90 minutes or two hours?

With two hours, you'd still get just about everything, if they cut out all the in-between-song banter and ;) the Stevie costume changes.

estranged4life 03-08-2004 04:39 PM

Well...

I read that it will be an hour in length awhile back, But hopefully it will be double the length as usual...I'm tired of seeing shows editing down from the actual length.

Brian j.

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 04:44 PM

Re: Re: Well...

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
With two hours, you'd still get just about everything, if they cut out all the in-between-song banter and ;) the Stevie costume changes.
Dude, where've you been? Stevie doesn't change her outfits anymore, and we're all broken-hearted over it! :distress:

:laugh: :laugh:

Johnny Stew 03-08-2004 04:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well...

Quote:

If they leave it in, I'll be so pissed. It'll just make for boring television, IMO. :laugh:
I pretty much wore out my old remote control all those years ago, just from constantly fast-forwarding thru his vest-solo in the 'Tango' video! :laugh:

Rumours 03-13-2004 09:12 PM

I put VH1 on earlier today, just in time to see the commercial for this. I was so psyched!!!!!!!

Can't wait.....come on tomorrow night!!!!!!!!

Stephanie :D :D :D

Jason T. 03-13-2004 09:20 PM

Ooh -- I really hope that we hear a bit of the tracks that were left off the record. I really would like to know which ones they were.