The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Live at Bass Hall - March 11, 2008 DVD Release (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35098)

lbfan 02-02-2008 07:06 AM

Live at Bass Hall - March 11, 2008 DVD Release

Amazon is listing the DVD with a March 11 release. No details regarding any possible extras.

Peestie 02-02-2008 09:05 AM

Excellent! That's not too far away. Maybe he'll use it as promotion for the next album so that'll also be released not too long after (yeah, right...). Hopefully all the missing songs from the HDNet showing will be put back in.

EDIT: Amazon.co.uk has it listed as "Live at the Bass Performance Hall (W/Dvd)" so is it perhaps going to be a CD/DVD set?

face of glass 02-02-2008 09:23 AM

:thumbsup:

Still no idea what is going to happen to the documentary that was shot during the making of UTS - would make a perfect bonus feature here. (yeahrights with Peestie...)

Betsy 02-02-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 739586)
Amazon is listing the DVD with a March 11 release. No details regarding any possible extras.

Thanks super sleuth lbfan!

(P.S. How do you guys find the time to play bloodhound and sniff this stuff out?)

lbfan 02-02-2008 02:55 PM

DVD Being Released with CD

Evidently also being issued as a CD with DVD for $24.98. Link below (if it woorks) is for the Amazon.com description of the CD/DVD release (still no specifdic details or track listing):

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Bass-Perf...981782&sr=1-20

AliceLover 02-02-2008 03:24 PM

I hope he puts Turn it On in for the extras!!!!

Peestie 02-02-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 739653)
I hope he puts Turn it On in for the extras!!!!

I'd rather it was replaced in the original place in the show. I didn't like how SYHA and IAW were tagged on the end of the Soundstage show.

michelej1 02-02-2008 05:00 PM

Wow, this is exciting news.

Um, I don't believe anyone in the FM band believes in DVD extras. They did a scientific study and found that their fans don't want or need anything extra, so the DVD will likely contain only the HDnet broadcast and nothing more.

Michele

Betsy 02-02-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 739667)
Wow, this is exciting news.

Um, I don't believe anyone in the FM band believes in DVD extras. They did a scientific study and found that their fans don't want or need anything extra, so the DVD will likely contain only the HDnet broadcast and nothing more.

Michele

:laugh:

(Why am I laughing? You're probably right...)

Betsy 02-02-2008 06:08 PM

Posted by Shackin' Up in the Q & A Thread:

I need news about his solo-doublealbum No One Knows My Name (and tour).

Maybe THIS is the CD that comes packaged with the DVD....? :laugh:

wondergirl9847 02-02-2008 06:10 PM

Thank you for this news!! YAY!!!! Finally. :thumbsup:

michelej1 02-02-2008 06:12 PM

The DVD alone is $13.99. Then they have another listing (with DVD). That's amusing to me. The CD comes with a DVD, not the other way around.

Michele

Betsy 02-02-2008 06:15 PM

Actually....

Consider this (in terms of staying in the public eye)...

2003-2004 Say You Will Tour
2005 Soundstage
2006 Release of UTS, Crossroads, Craig Ferguson, Conan O'Brien, Where ? Meets Film (can't remember the title)
2006-2007 UTS Tour
2007 Ellen, Fashion Rocks with Carrie Underwood
2007-2008 Questions and Answers on YouTube
2008 - Release of the Bass performance

I am sure that I've misssed something...but the guy seems busy...and has a marketing program in place.

[On edit -- Add World Cafe, and Rockline and the interview with Matt Pinfield]
Thanks for the PM's.

Sahara 02-02-2008 06:57 PM

Great news :thumbsup: Extras would definitely be nice. It would be cool even if they included the interview that went before the concert.

wondergirl9847 02-02-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsy (Post 739685)
Where ? Meets Film (can't remember the title)

It's Music. ;)

face of glass 02-03-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 739667)

Wrong. They've included loads of extras on their DVDs, but as easter eggs that no one has managed to access yet. ;)

stevierocks87 02-05-2008 03:07 AM

Its up on the Lindsey site:

Quote:

LINDSEY LIVE AT THE BASS PERFORMANCE HALL ON DVD 02.04.2008

On March 25, 2008, Lindsey's performance at the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, Texas will be released to DVD. The show was taped in January 2007 and originally premiered on HDNet in October 2007.

The DVD includes live performances of Not Too Late, Trouble, Never Going Back Again, Second Hand News, Cast Away Dreams, It Was You, Big Love, Go Insane, Under The Skin, I'm So Afraid, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Tusk, Go Your Own Way, Holiday Road, Show You How, and Shut Us Down.

The DVD will also be offered in a package that includes over 45 minutes of exclusive, behind the scenes bonus footage shot by Lindsey himself, as well as an audio CD with the same track-listing as the DVD minus "Tusk." Check back soon for more details!
Good to hear about the bonus footage, but what happened to "Turn it on"? I thought it came off pretty good live, but maybe not the first few nights :confused: Hopefully an unmentioned extra.....

DavidMn 02-05-2008 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevierocks87 (Post 740093)
Its up on the Lindsey site:

Good to hear about the bonus footage, but what happened to "Turn it on"? I thought it came off pretty good live, but maybe not the first few nights :confused: Hopefully an unmentioned extra.....

I will FOREVER be jealous of the people that were at the Austin show a couple days before this that got to hear Steal Your Heart away! Man what I wouldve given to have heard that live! I believe Austin is the only show he did that song live on the UTS tour.

suzyvermoesen 02-05-2008 05:05 AM

My birthday is coming up (may 13th) so now i know what to ask my husband :blob2::]:blob2:

thank you Lindsey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-05-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 740096)
I will FOREVER be jealous of the people that were at the Austin show a couple days before this that got to hear Steal Your Heart away! Man what I wouldve given to have heard that live! I believe Austin is the only show he did that song live on the UTS tour.

:thumbsup: We asked...well, we screamed for it and he played it! Lindsey ROCKS!!! It was a great version of SYHA...:cool:

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-05-2008 10:14 AM

Good lord I hope they add everything else that was left out...they have to!! :eek:

BTFLCHLD 02-05-2008 10:34 AM

hopefully a major adjustment has been made to the audio. well, the boot's audio sucked anyway.

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-05-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 740125)
hopefully a major adjustment has been made to the audio. well, the boot's audio sucked anyway.

I'm sure the official release will rock! It's hard to record off of HD and it stay great. I will say the boot copy I got was awesome though. :thumbsup:

face of glass 02-05-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazon
DVD Release Date: March 11, 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey's site

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey's site
On March 25, 2008

Er, when? http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums...es/scratch.gif

Great to hear about the bonus stuff though!

David 02-05-2008 12:30 PM

I hope it has some of Lindsey's paintings on it -- the more recent paintings of an abstract Stevie Nicks in negligee -- but as my Latin friend says, "All cats are black in the dark." ;)

Chrislit18 02-05-2008 01:00 PM

umm...why?

Quote:

Lindseys Official Site...

The DVD will also be offered in a package that includes over 45 minutes of exclusive, behind the scenes bonus footage shot by Lindsey himself, as well as an audio CD with the same track-listing as the DVD minus "Tusk." Check back soon for more details!
That's so stupid, why not just include all the songs?? :confused:

Well, hopefully I dont spend all my allowence on a stupid Spring Fling dress in March, I need to save for this anyways!

Peestie 02-05-2008 01:10 PM

Nooo! No Red Rover! I really was hoping for that one to be put back in. I thought we'd have seen some changes to the HDNet show. Fingers crossed that they're all in the extras. I'm looking forward to the extras anyway.

DavidMn 02-05-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 740118)
:thumbsup: We asked...well, we screamed for it and he played it! Lindsey ROCKS!!! It was a great version of SYHA...:cool:

God love you for that! Its not often that an artist will do that.:cool:

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-05-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 740207)
God love you for that! Its not often that an artist will do that.:cool:

Well, we know how giving LB is. :)

Livia 02-05-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 740118)

:thumbsup: I'm glad he heard us and complied with our demands! :lol:

michelej1 02-05-2008 08:33 PM

Forty five minutes of behind the scenes footage is a LOT. I'm surprised and delighted.

Michele

danax6 02-05-2008 09:36 PM

Bring on the behind the scenes footage. Pretty exciting.

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-05-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 740279)
:thumbsup: I'm glad he heard us and complied with our demands! :lol:

Yeah, maybe he realized it could have gotten ugly if he didn't...or he just really wanted us to shut up. :lol:

wondergirl9847 02-06-2008 01:49 AM

I remember yelling it out and went :eek: when he started to play that AND Turn It On.

Bring on the DVD, CD and extras!! :thumbsup:

DavidMn 02-06-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 740364)
I remember yelling it out and went :eek: when he started to play that AND Turn It On.

Bring on the DVD, CD and extras!! :thumbsup:

Now of course you'll have to tell me where youre situated in the video so I can see you as well!:nod:

TulsaMINI 02-06-2008 07:06 AM

Here's the Reprise press release:

Quote:

SOURCE: Reprise Records

Feb 05, 2008 13:48 ET
Lindsey Buckingham to Release Live DVD March 25, 2008

"Live at the Bass Performance Hall" Captures Electric Spirit of Singer, Songwriter, and Guitarist's First U.S. Solo Tour in 14 Years

BURBANK, CA--(Marketwire - February 5, 2008) - Lindsey Buckingham will release a live DVD, the first ever of his 27-year career as a solo artist, titled "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," on March 25, 2008. Shot at the Bass Performance Hall in Forth Worth, TX, on January 27th, 2007, the performance captures the innovative, tightly orchestrated minimalism that characterized the acclaimed singer, songwriter and guitarist's first U.S. solo tour in nearly 14 years.

The DVD finds Buckingham, joined by his three-piece band, transitioning easily on stage between his solo back catalog ("Trouble," "Go Insane," and "Holiday Road") and electrifying versions of his hits with Fleetwood Mac ("Tusk," "Second Hand News," "Go Your Own Way"). The show also features performances of six cuts from Buckingham's latest album, the intricately crafted, acoustic-guitar driven "Under The Skin," including "Not Too Late," "Show You How," and "Shut Us Down."

Buckingham's "Under the Skin" tour, which took place over 2006-2007, was enthusiastically received by critics. The New York Times praised the artist's appearance at New York's Town Hall, saying that, "the strength of Buckingham's songs, his singing and guitar playing, and his strange intensity as a performer carried the evening," while "his stamina kept the music's energy fresh and volatile." The Chicago Tribune called Buckingham "an enigmatic rock'n'roll icon" whose tour is "worth the wait."

The "Live at the Bass Performance Hall" DVD package also includes the documentary "Not Too Late" -- which consists of more than 45 minutes of exclusive, behind the scenes bonus footage shot and produced by Lindsey Buckingham himself -- as well as, an audio CD with the same track-listing as the DVD minus "Tusk."

The complete track-listing for the DVD is as follows:

Not Too Late
Trouble
Never Goin Back
Second Hand News
Castaway Dreams
It Was You
Big Love
Go Insane
Under The Skin
So Afraid
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
Holiday Road
Show You How
Shut Us Down

Plus bonus documentary "Not Too Late"

www.lindseybuckingham.com
For further information, please contact:
Reprise Records Publicity
Nikki Herceg
(615) 214-1489
nikki.herceg@wbr.com

#1LiddyBuckFan 02-06-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TulsaMINI (Post 740376)
Here's the Reprise press release:

I'm very excited and pleased that he's actually releasing something he said he would (;)) but I have to say that I'm a little depressed there will be no World Turning, Red Rover, Turn It On and Save Me A Place.

Betsy 02-06-2008 10:49 AM

Hey Tulsa Mini

Thanks for tracking down the info on the new DVD/CD. I am intrigued by the Not Too Late Documentary...and LOVE that the CD will accompany the DVD.

Seeing the Soundstage performance was wonderful, but HEARING it (Thank you Madness Fades) brought so much more energy and love for the songs (to me anyhow.) It's hard to describe...

So....to have the Bass Hall Performance to watch and a separate CD to hear, are, for me, a big morale booster... (Cuz, the CD will be able to travel in the car with me ;) )

stevierocks87 02-06-2008 06:32 PM

Don't get my wrong, I'm excited about this, but I just don't get not including all the songs :shrug: Were they not up to his standards or something?

danax6 02-06-2008 06:44 PM

So, who's sending me a copy? :D