The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10 Least Favourite Rumours-era songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58979)

TrueFaith77 07-23-2020 11:07 AM

10 Least Favourite Rumours-era songs

We do a lot of 10 Bests.

Here’s a challenge: 10 LEAST favourite Rumours-era songs.

I’m thinking this should be Lindsey-Stevie-Christine era and not include SYW or EP.

BLY 07-23-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1258900)
We do a lot of 10 Bests.

Here’s a challenge: 10 LEAST favourite Rumours-era songs.

I’m thinking this should be Lindsey-Stevie-Christine era and not include SYW or EP.

This is hard but the key word is LEAST.

Warm Ways
Sugar Daddy
Songbird
What Makes You Think I’m The One
Can’t Go Back
Only Over You
Caroline
Welcome to The Room....Sara
When I See You Again
You and I pt 2

soul_drifter333 07-23-2020 03:57 PM

Don't Stop
You Make Loving Fun
Oh Diane
Only Over You
Bleed To Love Her
Never Make Me Cry
Welcome to the Room...Sara
Little Lies
Save Me A Place
Paper Doll

FuzzyPlum 07-23-2020 04:16 PM

In no particular order;

Not That Funny
Empire State
Oh Diane
Sweet Girl
Book of Love
That's Enough for Me
Sugar Daddy
Make Me a Mask
Teen Beat
Goodbye Angel

Edit: sorry- decided to swap out the following and replace them with those in blue
When I See You Again
What Makes You Think You're The One
Family Man

HomerMcvie 07-23-2020 05:01 PM

I tried this morning, and was having a hard time coming up with 10 I don't like. Well, I don't remember half the titles on BTM...

So -
Storms
Warm Ways
Beautiful Child
Oh Daddy
Caroline
Half of BTM!(I love Skies and Save Me, Do You Know, and Love Is Dangerous - the rest is MEH)

jbrownsjr 07-23-2020 05:25 PM

Oh Diane
Silver Springs (Studio)
Not That Funny (Studio)
Cool Water
Dreams
Goodbye Angel
Paper Doll
Bleed To Love Her
Welcome To The Room Sara
Landslide (Live)

If I put studio, it means I love the live version.
If I put live, it means I love the studio version.

I replaced Blue Letter with Cool Water. Forgot about that clunker.

McLamb 07-23-2020 06:49 PM

Here are ten that I tend to skip....

Family Man
Goodbye Angel
My Little Demon
Never Going Back Again
Oh Diane
Save Me A Place
Teen Beat
That's All For Everyone
Walk A Thin Line
When I See You Again

SteveMacD 07-23-2020 11:02 PM

Paper Doll
Only Over You
Family Man
When I See You Again
Empire State
Make Me A Mask
Ricky
Cool Water
You & I (really, any of them)
Not That Funny (79-82 live)

aleuzzi 07-24-2020 12:29 PM

Welcome to the Room....Sara
Oh Diane
Wish You Were Here
That’s All for Everyone
Monday Morning
Family Man
When I See You Again
Paper Doll
Mystified
What Makes You Think You’re the One

aleuzzi 07-24-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1258919)
I tried this morning, and was having a hard time coming up with 10 I don't like. Well, I don't remember half the titles on BTM...

So -
Storms
Warm Ways
Beautiful Child
Oh Daddy
Caroline
Half of BTM!(I love Skies and Save Me, Do You Know, and Love Is Dangerous - the rest is MEH)

I loathe Skies more than anything else on my list but I didn’t include if because of the Rumours-era thingy....

But yeah, I hate Skies.

FuzzyPlum 07-24-2020 01:32 PM

I notice quite a few people have Paper Doll on their lists.
I think its a decent enough little song. Also, its not a MJCSL song.

jbrownsjr 07-24-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1258935)
Welcome to the Room....Sara
Oh Diane
Wish You Were Here
That’s All for Everyone
Monday Morning
Family Man
When I See You Again
Paper Doll
Mystified
What Makes You Think You’re the One

I'm de friending you!!! Wish You Were Here!!! :wavey:

TrueFaith77 07-24-2020 08:56 PM

Teen Beat
Ricky
Book of Miracles
Make Me a Mask
Welcome to the Room ... Sara
Not That Funny (Live)
Oh Diane
Empire State
That’s Alright
Sweet Girl

HomerMcvie 07-24-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1258936)
I loathe Skies more than anything else on my list but I didn’t include if because of the Rumours-era thingy....

But yeah, I hate Skies.

How could you hate anything Christine sings? Well, other than Warm Ways and Oh Daddy?:lol::lol:

ViscountViktor 07-25-2020 12:29 PM

Sugar Daddy
Not That Funny
That's Enough For Me
Only Over You
Empire State
Oh Diane
Wish You Were Here
Mystified
Welcome to the Room... Sara
When I See You Again

SN - 2 LB - 4 CM - 4

David 07-25-2020 12:58 PM

• Blue Letter
  • I’m So Afraid
  • Sisters of the Moon
  • Love in Store
  • Oh Diane
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Caroline
  • Welcome to the Room, Sara
  • Book of Miracles
  • Ooh, My Love

(Except for Ooh, My Love, which is really bad, I’m not really counting outtake junk like Mic the Screecher or even decent throwaways like For Duster or Jam #2.)

moon 07-25-2020 04:54 PM

The least (is the same than the worse??)

- Oh Daddy
- Honey Hi
- Beautiful Child
- Storms
- I don't want to know
- When I See You Again

I only count the album songs, not the demos. And except for WISYA, I simply can't hear the other songs. I skip them. I can't write ten!

aleuzzi 07-26-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1258946)
How could you hate anything Christine sings? Well, other than Warm Ways and Oh Daddy?:lol::lol:

Those two songs I LOVE.

aleuzzi 07-26-2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1258938)
I'm de friending you!!! Wish You Were Here!!! :wavey:

I don’t hate the song. I just like it less than usual for Christine song. I almost didn’t include it on the list.

Skies the Limit is the only Christine sing I hate—and I truly hate it.

HomerMcvie 07-26-2020 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1259026)
Those two songs I LOVE.

Warm Ways just sounds SO DATED. It sounded dated in 1975! Those tom fills. :mad:

Oh Daddy is "C" material to me. It's fair, but it just lays there. I tolerated it until Mick decided(TWENTY years after it was recorded) that it was about him. I guess I loathe it now, because he THINKS it's about him!:lol:

michelej1 07-26-2020 01:44 AM

Oh Daddy. If it just stayed on the album and minded its own business that would’ve been fine. But it had to Bogart its way on stage and take up valuable space during live shows. That made me resent it.

aleuzzi 07-26-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259030)
Warm Ways just sounds SO DATED. It sounded dated in 1975! Those tom fills. :mad:

Oh Daddy is "C" material to me. It's fair, but it just lays there. I tolerated it until Mick decided(TWENTY years after it was recorded) that it was about him. I guess I loathe it now, because he THINKS it's about him!:lol:

We have opposing views, good sir. Oh Daddy—that is classic “A” material. The song is as iconic as “Rhiannon” in an entirely different way.

jbrownsjr 07-26-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1259050)
We have opposing views, good sir. Oh Daddy—that is classic “A” material. The song is as iconic as “Rhiannon” in an entirely different way.

I'm re-friending you and de-friending David. :lol::eek::woohoo::cool:

HomerMcvie 07-26-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259054)
I'm re-friending you and de-friending David. :lol::eek::woohoo::cool:

I'll cut a bitch. You know that!:lol:

jbrownsjr 07-26-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259056)
I'll cut a bitch. You know that!:lol:

You know that I like it. And I'll just scream, OH DADDY...

Warm Ways and Oh Daddy are beautiful songs. And so is Carnival Begin for that matter. :xoxo:

HomerMcvie 07-26-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259058)
You know that I like it. And I'll just scream, OH DADDY...

Warm Ways and Oh Daddy are beautiful songs. And so is Carnival Begin for that matter. :xoxo:

No, I LIKE Carnival Begin.

It's just not the second coming that you all make it out to be. I like it better than Game Of Pretend, so there's that.:p

jbrownsjr 07-26-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259067)
No, I LIKE Carnival Begin.

It's just not the second coming that you all make it out to be. I like it better than Game Of Pretend, so there's that.:p

You should do what the first four lyrics in Carnival Begin say. :)

michelej1 07-26-2020 11:36 PM

Calumny is the real second coming if we’re talking underrated songs.

HomerMcvie 07-27-2020 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1259070)
Calumny is the real second coming if we’re talking underrated songs.

Calumny and Northern Star were my favorite two songs from ITM. LOVED both of them.

Christine is the star of FM, not that spinny witch!

jbrownsjr 07-27-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259071)
Calumny and Northern Star were my favorite two songs from ITM. LOVED both of them.

Christine is the star of FM, not that spinny witch!

The way she sang Calumny, uhhh. The first time I heard it gave me chills.

HomerMcvie 07-27-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259073)
The way she sang Calumny, uhhh. The first time I heard it gave me chills.

I wish she could still sing like that.

It sucks watching your lifetime heroes wither up...preparing for the inevitable.

jbrownsjr 07-27-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259074)
I wish she could still sing like that.

It sucks watching your lifetime heroes wither up...preparing for the inevitable.

I know what you meant. 2004 vs 2014. However, she chose to work with worn out tools and in a way her return quietly put Fleetwood Mac back on the superstar map. Their 2013 didn't do nearly what they did in 2014 2015.
In fact, the Staples show in 2013 had empty sections. And, not behind the stage. vs 8 Forum shows sold out.

jmn3 07-27-2020 01:29 PM

Sugar Daddy
Honey Hi
That's Enough for Me
Not That Funny
One More Night
Only Over You
Oh Diane
When I See You Again
Family Man
Welcome to the Room...Sara

HomerMcvie 07-27-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259075)
I know what you meant. 2004 vs 2014. However, she chose to work with worn out tools and in a way her return quietly put Fleetwood Mac back on the superstar map. Their 2013 didn't do nearly what they did in 2014 2015.
In fact, the Staples show in 2013 had empty sections. And, not behind the stage. vs 8 Forum shows sold out.

Her return made FM's ending TRIUMPHANT!

Until the $tupid old GOAT got Lindsey fired. I'm still waiting for karma to nail her....HARD.

BlueLantern 07-27-2020 09:13 PM

Nice to see a lot of agreement in these picks. Sticking with the Rumours-lineup ('75 thru Tango) per OP's request, I'll go with these 10 worst in chrono order:

Sugar Daddy
What Makes You Think You're The One
Never Make Me Cry
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Not That Funny
Only Over You
Welcome To The Room... Sara
Family Man
When I See You Again
Mystified

Macfan4life 07-29-2020 01:58 PM

I am scratching many of you off my Christmas card list for listing Sugar Daddy and Only Over You on their list. Are you kidding me? Sugar Daddy could have been on the Heroes album. Its one of the few songs on the White Album that has the bluesy original sound prior to Buckingham/Nicks. Now that is off my chest, I will give this a whirl.

Caroline
When I see you again
The Ledge
Welcome to the room sara
Oh Diane
Book of Love
Big Love
Tusk (although I like the live version goat or no goat)
One More Night
Farmers Daughter

Villavic 07-29-2020 03:09 PM

The Ledge
That's Enough for Me
Only Over You
Caroline
When I See You Again
Save Me A Place
Goodbye Angel
My Little Demon
Temporary One
Crystal

and...
Teen Beat
Ricky
Paper Doll

Netter75 07-30-2020 02:46 PM

This is tough if we just have to stick to the Big 5 albums! (plus The Dance I suppose). Most of the songs I genuinely don't like are from post-Rumours. I will give it a go though, even if pretty much all of these songs have SOMETHING redeemable about them:

1. Ricky: Gag, probably my least favorite Christine vocal ever. Also feels like filler.
2. Family Man: Cool guitar. That's the only nice thing I can say about this one.
3. You and I Part II: Just a very fluffy, nothing song for me. It's not unpleasant but its probably the least memorable thing they ever produced. It works okay in the context of Tango but not AT ALL on its own. The only time I see it discussed AT ALL is when its being (understandably) negatively compared to You and I Part I.
4. Empire State: I guess I kind of like that it adds a twisted sort of vibe to the otherwise sterile Mirage, but I would by lying if I said I ever listened to it by choice.
5. Cool Water: I just don't get this one sorry :laugh:
6. My Little Demon: I wish I liked it more than I do. Loved all the other new songs for The Dance though!
7. The Final spots are going to have to go to some of Lindsey's Tusk songs. I'm trying HARD but they are taking the longest to grow on me (not just the production- his vocals especially.) The only ones I like are Tusk, I Know I'm Not Wrong (cool music!) and What Makes You Think You're The One.

It seems like I hate Lindsey by the looks of this list lol. I really don't, its just that when he misses with me he misses HARD. His stuff on the White Album and Rumours is some of my favorite stuff of the Macs catalog. His white album stuff in particular I think steals the show.

aleuzzi 07-30-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1259122)
I am scratching many of you off my Christmas card list for listing Sugar Daddy and Only Over You on their list. Are you kidding me? Sugar Daddy could have been on the Heroes album. Its one of the few songs on the White Album that has the bluesy original sound prior to Buckingham/Nicks. Now that is off my chest, I will give this a whirl.

Amen about Sugar Daddy, one of the best yet oddly maligned songs in the band’s catalogue. So many people with wrong opinions! lol.

aleuzzi 07-30-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1259147)
This is tough if we just have to stick to the Big 5 albums! (plus The Dance I suppose). Most of the songs I genuinely don't like are from post-Rumours. I will give it a go though, even if pretty much all of these songs have SOMETHING redeemable about them:

1. Ricky: Gag, probably my least favorite Christine vocal ever. Also feels like filler.
2. Family Man: Cool guitar. That's the only nice thing I can say about this one.
3. You and I Part II: Just a very fluffy, nothing song for me. It's not unpleasant but its probably the least memorable thing they ever produced. It works okay in the context of Tango but not AT ALL on its own. The only time I see it discussed AT ALL is when its being (understandably) negatively compared to You and I Part I.
4. Empire State: I guess I kind of like that it adds a twisted sort of vibe to the otherwise sterile Mirage, but I would by lying if I said I ever listened to it by choice.
5. Cool Water: I just don't get this one sorry :laugh:
6. My Little Demon: I wish I liked it more than I do. Loved all the other new songs for The Dance though!
7. The Final spots are going to have to go to some of Lindsey's Tusk songs. I'm trying HARD but they are taking the longest to grow on me (not just the production- his vocals especially.) The only ones I like are Tusk, I Know I'm Not Wrong (cool music!) and What Makes You Think You're The One.

It seems like I hate Lindsey by the looks of this list lol. I really don't, its just that when he misses with me he misses HARD. His stuff on the White Album and Rumours is some of my favorite stuff of the Macs catalog. His white album stuff in particular I think steals the show.

Good list. I never got “Ricky“ either. I would have included it in my list if I thought we were able to count non-album tracks and outtakes. Still, my least favorite Christine song is “Skies”— it, like “Ricky”, is so uncharacteristically below par for her.