The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christine McVie on Later with Jools Holland (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57089)

wondergirl9847 04-18-2017 04:28 PM

Christine McVie on Later with Jools Holland

Saw on Twitter that Christine will be n Jools Holland tonight!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say!

MoonSister75 04-18-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 1207416)
Saw on Twitter that Christine will be n Jools Holland tonight!

Can't wait to hear what she has to say!

Great - thanks for letting us know. The episode just finished, so I'm replaying it and I've just found Christine! I'll go and watch it now.

MoonSister75 04-18-2017 04:47 PM

It's a very short interview, I guess she's just there to promote the album and a FM tour is mentioned. He initially points out that it's really most of Fleetwood Mac are on this duet record, and then they play some of IMW with video clips of Lindsey and Christine in the recording studio. Maybe someone can post the clip? She says very little, but good to see her on the show.

edit...if anyone in the UK wants to see it - she was on around 13mins (I think you have to be in the UK to use iplayer although not sure??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...live-episode-2

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1207421)
It's a very short interview, I guess she's just there to promote the album and a FM tour is mentioned. He initially points out that it's really most of Fleetwood Mac are on this duet record, and then they play some of IMW with video clips of Lindsey and Christine in the recording studio. Maybe someone can post the clip? She says very little, but good to see her on the show.

edit...if anyone in the UK wants to see it - she was on around 13mins (I think you have to be in the UK to use iplayer although not sure??)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...live-episode-2

There's actual footage of them in the studio?

Elliefw 04-18-2017 06:53 PM

Love the studio footage. I hope that's the promo video for the single they showed there

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207432)
Love the studio footage. I hope that's the promo video for the single they showed there

Can you describe it?

aleuzzi 04-18-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207433)
Can you describe it?

Yes, please, Elliefw!

Elliefw 04-18-2017 11:01 PM

It's litterally just loads of really short clips of them in the studio whilst the songs playing. Only bout a minute long at best. Mostly of Christine I'd say actually. Micks in the background on one of them. It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Sorry I tried my best to describe it :lol:

jbrownsjr 04-18-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207460)
It's litterally just loads of really short clips of them in the studio whilst the songs playing. Only bout a minute long at best. Mostly of Christine I'd say actually. Micks in the background on one of them. It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Sorry I tried my best to describe it :lol:

thanks!!!!!!

michelej1 04-19-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207460)
It just shows them playing guitar/piano, writing lyrics, talking, hugging etc... They look so casual and relaxed.

Awww. Hugging.

Thanks for the recap. Michele

FuzzyPlum 04-19-2017 01:51 AM

Oh damn, my in-laws went to Later... this week. I'll have to ask them about it when I get the chance. It's a real shame she didn't play or sing anything. It would have been great hearing her playing something with Jools- I think they share a similar interest in music. Get Like You Used To Be or some other bluesy number....even Don't Stop. Even better, Ed Sheeran was one of the studio guests- It would have been amazing if she'd duetted with ES. Anyway, the interview segment was really short. The clip was nice. It was nice to see them looking really relaxed and casual in the studio- Christine in particular. At one point there's a shot over her shoulder of her writing down lyrics- not much but...

'...love for you, I can't conceal, that's how I feel (about you) you are the sky'

I'd guess at that one being 'Feel About You'.

Another minor thing I noticed about her in the studio- most of the time she seemed to be chewing gum.
Anyway, Jools called In My World a great record (though I'm sure he may have been being polite as much as anything else). However he also described the album as great and said 'you have a lot of interesting things on it'.

sue 04-19-2017 05:08 AM

Later with Jools Holland is repeated on Friday night......
Usually about 11pm, it's a longer version an hour long.
So maybe we will see a bit more of Christine
It's on BBC 4...tv

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207469)
Later with Jools Holland is repeated on Friday night......
Usually about 11pm, it's a longer version an hour long.
So maybe we will see a bit more of Christine
It's on BBC 4...tv

Film it on your iphone and post it. :thumbsup::lol::wavey:

sue 04-19-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207482)
Film it on your iphone and post it. :thumbsup::lol::wavey:

🙈🙈🙈....Hey I'll give it a try, but at almost 70, some techno stuff is sometimes beyond me....
Maybe sweet baby JAMES89...will have the know how.
But as I say I'll have a go.

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207497)
🙈🙈🙈....Hey I'll give it a try, but at almost 70, some techno stuff is sometimes beyond me....
Maybe sweet baby JAMES89...will have the know how.
But as I say I'll have a go.

Awwww Sue... big hug and kiss to you.

Don't worry if you don't get it.. I'll use my imagination. :thumbsup:

sue 04-19-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207498)
Awwww Sue... big hug and kiss to you.

Don't worry if you don't get it.. I'll use my imagination. :thumbsup:

Well, I will stay up late and give a written report.😘😘😘
Actually Jools Holland on a Friday is a pretty good show with Ed Sheeran headlining this week (sorry not a fan)

Elliefw 04-19-2017 02:17 PM

I've filmed the clip on my phone, is it even possible to upload it here? I can't seem to :confused:

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207540)
I've filmed the clip on my phone, is it even possible to upload it here? I can't seem to :confused:

Giulia??....

I think you have to put it on photobucket or a video landing space to host the video, then link it.

SisterNightroad 04-19-2017 05:00 PM

Yes, you should upload it on a video site like Youtube and then embed the code here.

elle 04-19-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1207544)
Yes, you should upload it on a video site like Youtube and then embed the code here.

well, it's not that "you should" but we'd be extremely grateful if you'd consider uploading some place like youtube (or mediafire) and then link us from here (or embed it here).

thanks so much for filming it!! :wavey:

ViscountViktor 04-19-2017 05:21 PM

Right, that's me off to iPlayer to watch!

Can't stand Jools Holland normally.

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1207550)
Right, that's me off to iPlayer to watch!

Can't stand Jools Holland normally.

making me jealous.. you brits get everything! ;)

ViscountViktor 04-19-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1207552)
making me jealous.. you brits get everything! ;)

Yep, the biennial general elections are a big perk as well :cool:

jbrownsjr 04-19-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1207555)

You win this round, Viktor!! :lol:

Nathan 04-20-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1207546)
well, it's not that "you should" but we'd be extremely grateful if you'd consider uploading some place like youtube (or mediafire) and then link us from here (or embed it here).

thanks so much for filming it!! :wavey:

Important distinction. Yes please, we would be grateful! 👍

ViscountViktor 04-20-2017 04:51 AM

Very short interview, Christine all alone at a table, looked quite isolated, the shots from the studio were great but the chat with Jools was quite stilted, she gave very short replies, ended up mentioning her 17 year break, and she seemed uncomfortable when Jools mentioned it was essentially a FM record, talked a bit about touring but really nothing substantial and if I'm honest I don't think she came acrosd that interested/excited about the album.

sue 04-20-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1207555)

Definitely off to The Peak District for a week of walking.Round about 8th of June..
Incomudicado and the TV etc switched off....

jbrownsjr 04-20-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

I'm dying to see it.

James89 04-20-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1207565)
Very short interview, Christine all alone at a table, looked quite isolated, the shots from the studio were great but the chat with Jools was quite stilted, she gave very short replies, ended up mentioning her 17 year break, and she seemed uncomfortable when Jools mentioned it was essentially a FM record, talked a bit about touring but really nothing substantial and if I'm honest I don't think she came acrosd that interested/excited about the album.

I thought it was ok but I think that's just Christine's personality. She doesn't get extremely enthusiastic about things.

FuzzyPlum 04-20-2017 11:32 AM

I've noticed (not just in this interview but on other occasions too) her speech is a bit slurry. She almost sounds a bit like she's drunk. I'm sure she's isn't- I think it may be because she's either had work done on her teeth or work on her lips. Not critical of that but its just something I've noticed when I hear her speaking.

jbrownsjr 04-20-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207586)
I've noticed (not just in this interview but on other occasions too) her speech is a bit slurry. She almost sounds a bit like she's drunk. I'm sure she's isn't- I think it may be because she's either had work done on her teeth or work on her lips. Not critical of that but its just something I've noticed when I hear her speaking.

McBotox:lol:

Elliefw 04-20-2017 01:05 PM

I'm gunna have another go at trying to upload it, had no luck with photobucket so I'm gunna try YouTube instead

jbrownsjr 04-20-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207601)
I'm gunna have another go at trying to upload it, had no luck with photobucket so I'm gunna try YouTube instead

Thanks!!! :blob1::blob1::wavey:

bombaysaffires 04-20-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207467)
Oh damn, my in-laws went to Later... this week. I'll have to ask them about it when I get the chance. It's a real shame she didn't play or sing anything. It would have been great hearing her playing something with Jools- I think they share a similar interest in music. Get Like You Used To Be or some other bluesy number....even Don't Stop. Even better, Ed Sheeran was one of the studio guests- It would have been amazing if she'd duetted with ES. Anyway, the interview segment was really short. The clip was nice. It was nice to see them looking really relaxed and casual in the studio- Christine in particular. At one point there's a shot over her shoulder of her writing down lyrics- not much but...

'...love for you, I can't conceal, that's how I feel (about you) you are the sky'

I'd guess at that one being 'Feel About You'.

Another minor thing I noticed about her in the studio- most of the time she seemed to be chewing gum.
Anyway, Jools called In My World a great record (though I'm sure he may have been being polite as much as anything else). However he also described the album as great and said 'you have a lot of interesting things on it'.

chewing gum is often a substitute for smoking.

bombaysaffires 04-20-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207586)

think it's def at least partly due to her veneers.

MoonSister75 04-20-2017 02:09 PM

Just had a chance to watch it again. Her voice is a little slurry but definitely not in a drunk way. She could just be a little nervous, as she hasn't done many TV interviews for a while and she's there on her own. I also noticed it in interviews she did here on the radio a couple of years ago.

I hope you all get to see the clip soon. It's worth it just for the studio footage - her and Lindsey look great together, and she does give him a very warm hug :)

edit...its' more of a stutter at one point rather than a slur, which makes me think it is just nerves

sue 04-20-2017 02:30 PM

Especially for you JBrownsjr.....here goes

On Jools Holland...
Christine looked very healthy, slightly tanned and very slim.
She wore a leather biker type jacket and had mussed up rock-chick super blonde hair...she looked the business.

SHe was asked about the new record and then joked about having taken 16 years off!!!! But coming back because she missed being on stage.

There was a short clip of LB and CM working in the studio, all smiles and supposed writing of lyrics on A4 pad. It was obviously very posed.

And that was it.....Jools mentioned about hearing more from this record that he waved in front of the camera.

Very short, I don't think she mumbled or was having problems with her veneers, I think she was a bit nervous.....but she looked great.

Elliefw 04-20-2017 02:45 PM

YouTube isn't working for me either :shocked: so I can't upload it, don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it, the clips only 3 mins long :confused:

jbrownsjr 04-20-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1207615)
YouTube isn't working for me either :shocked: so I can't upload it, don't know why I'm having so much trouble with it, the clips only 3 mins long :confused:

If you want to email me the video, I can upload it for everyone.

my email is jbrownsjr@aol.com

jbrownsjr 04-20-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1207612)
Especially for you JBrownsjr.....here goes

On Jools Holland...
Christine looked very healthy, slightly tanned and very slim.
She wore a leather biker type jacket and had mussed up rock-chick super blonde hair...she looked the business.

SHe was asked about the new record and then joked about having taken 16 years off!!!! But coming back because she missed being on stage.

There was a short clip of LB and CM working in the studio, all smiles and supposed writing of lyrics on A4 pad. It was obviously very posed.

And that was it.....Jools mentioned about hearing more from this record that he waved in front of the camera.

Very short, I don't think she mumbled or was having problems with her veneers, I think she was a bit nervous.....but she looked great.

Thanks, Sue! I will be good from now on. Mostly. lol