The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sunday Night (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52433)

StreetAngel86 08-07-2013 09:05 AM

Sunday Night

for the Aussies. new interview @ 8pm on 7.
Stevie looks fabulous.
They just showed her and Mick but supposedly the whole band was interviewed?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/

I'll try to record it and upload it that night if anyone wants it.

DoubtfulMiracle 08-07-2013 04:13 PM

Good spot, thanks! I actually can't stand that show, but will make the sacrifice this time I guess ;)

vivfox 08-07-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1099883)

All of us Stevie fans want it.

secret love 08-07-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Stevie looks fabulous.

Awesome thanks ...when is it on? [I'll check the thread]
@DoubtfulMiracle: yes it is a rather tawdry news program at times. Not exactly cutting edge journalism, maybe just a small step up from A Current Affair, and Today Tonight.

Is Sunday Night the program that publicly broadcast a young girl's struggle with not being able to identify with her original male gender? Or was that 60 Minutes? That was the lowest of lows in Australian journalism. Not the content of the story mind you, just the sheer audacity to let millions of Australians on this girl's plight so that now people who would have just thought she is and was born a girl, do a double take. Could lead to bullying now even more people than before know the full story. And the funny thing is, if her parents are fine with it, then why on Earth did they feel the need to publicly broadcast the story? Is it good old moolah?

StreetAngel86 08-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1099911)
Awesome thanks ...when is it on? [I'll check the thread]

are you awake?
lol u even quoted the time i posted in your reply :lol: 8pm on 7 on Sunday.
I'd rather see them on 60 Mins but i dont watch anymore RIP Peter Harvey

Macfanforever 08-07-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1099903)
All of us Stevie fans want it.

Quote:

Stevie looks fabulous.

Yes. Please record and share.Let me know if you need help.

BTW.I glad FM is getting TV air time down there.It seems like they were not much on the tube here in the states when they toured here the last few months.

secret love 08-07-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1099914)
are you awake?
lol u even quoted the time i posted in your reply :lol: 8pm on 7 on Sunday.
I'd rather see them on 60 Mins but i dont watch anymore RIP Peter Harvey

I had only been awake an hour or two when I posted my reply at around 0830 EST. Excuse my poor comprehension skills ... in missing that you had already posted the time of the interview. :D

StreetAngel86 08-08-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1099927)
I had only been awake an hour or two when I posted my reply at around 0830 EST. Excuse my poor comprehension skills ... in missing that you had already posted the time of the interview. :D

You should see what I tweet when I roll out of bed and grab my phone before I can see straight :laugh: I'll let you off this once

ETA: here's a preview clip if you haven't seen the commercial. prob doesn't work outside of Oz? I hope it does.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...-mac-and-pink/

vivfox 08-08-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1099930)
here's a preview clip if you haven't seen the commercial. prob doesn't work outside of Oz? I hope it does.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...-mac-and-pink/

It works. This preview looks like its really gonna be good. This is the first clip I've seen that shows us how thin Stevie really is right now.And that's a good thing.
Thank you for posting. Can't wait for the real deal.

wheart 08-08-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1099934)
It works. This preview looks like its really gonna be good. This is the first clip I've seen that shows us how thin Stevie really is right now.And that's a good thing.

She looks terribly sexy...I love when she shows a little shoulder :nod:

Blueletter18 08-08-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Stevie looks fabulous.

That would be so great if you could upload, thanks!

WildHearted 08-09-2013 12:19 AM

"We both tried to kill each other"

So we're gonna hear another rendition of the Tango fight?

CADreaming 08-09-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1099979)
"We both tried to kill each other"

So we're gonna hear another rendition of the Tango fight?

Exactly - sounds like the same tired stuff. Plus, how hilarious that the announcer is touting "Fleetwood Mac" but it's only about Buckingham Nicks.

secret love 08-09-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1099993)
Exactly - sounds like the same tired stuff. Plus, how hilarious that the announcer is touting "Fleetwood Mac" but it's only about Buckingham Nicks.

Newsflash "Fleetwood Mac" changed its name to Buckingham Nicks 15 years ago when Christine retired, and Stevie and Lindsey wanted to continue touring as a duo, but needed a rhythm section. You didn't get the memo? :laugh:

secret love 08-09-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1099934)

Why is Stevie's weight important? :shrug:

StreetAngel86 08-09-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1099993)

Wait, who is Buckingham Nicks? I'm waiting for the Fleetwood Nicks interview :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love that they're using NEW concert footage. Now release a whole damn show please and thanks

elle 08-09-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1099999)

i was wondering the same thing... i thought she looked good in that preview, but weight or looking thin or not never occurred to me when i watched it. :shrug:

maybe it's b/c of history and having past trouble of being overweight plus that messing with her image in the 80s that people still look at her weight now?

pop-muse 08-11-2013 06:24 AM

just watched sunday night here in australia on channel 7!

rahni sadler did a great job i reckon interviewing stevie and mick one-on-one, and lindsey (backstage)

some highlights
-stevie and mick's affair started in AUSTRALIA
-pro-shot live footage from the last american concert in sacramento
-footage of stevie and lindsey fighting from the"destiny rules" dvd
-actual discussion about the "tusk" record/era
-stevie talking about her mother barbara, her message that no one should take their mothers for granted and barbara's passing leading to stevie and lindsey making up properly
-rahni sadler remarking that the band is more popular than ever, selling out all their american concerts

StreetAngel86 08-11-2013 06:55 AM

It was a really great, long interview piece.
Did Lindsey learn from Stevie about wearing his sunglasses inside :lol:

Stevie ... my gawd she is hilarious.
And it looks like she has a new puppy, too cute!
The stuff with her Mama tho :( :( :(

I didn't like that comment Mick made about how they're really popular now, and have become more so lately, coz they're gonna die or something ... nooooooooooo never :(

nicole21290 08-11-2013 07:49 AM

The interview can be watched here: http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...rn-of-the-mac/

Lots of what we know, I thought the old and new footage we used quite well, and...

Have some quotes that I took down after watching it the second time (not fast enough to transcribe whilst watching live):

IN: How does it feel when you walk out on stage and everyone is going nuts and stomping the ground and you're walking out hand in hand with Lindsey?
SN: I feel like I did when I first met him and started to sing with him. Because I knew. I knew that Lindsey and Stevie were going places.

SN: It is in many ways one of the greatest love stories ever told. It's one of those great romances of the century... It's a relationship that spans centuries and has come out on top.

VO: For thirty years, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks played together but barely spoke.
SN: We both tried to kill each other.
VO: Now they're back.
SN: It reminds me of the seventies. It reminds me of the early days when we first started out.

VO: It's 46 years since Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham met in high school.
IN: You remember what made you fall in love with Lindsey? What characteristics?
SN: Really? It just happened. And I guess I just, you know, really appreciated his amazing talent. And of course not to mention he was drop dead gorgeous.

VO: When Lindsey went to play in another band, Stevie thought about leaving him. The time apart inspired one of her most famous song.
SN: When I took my love, I took it down, like off the mantle to really study what was going on and what had happened between Lindsey me since 1966 when we met. I decided that I would not break up the relationship with Lindsey.
IN: And the rest is history.
SN: And the rest is history. And to be continued.

SN: Lindsey said, "Well, she's coming too so either you take both of us or I can't join your band."

IN: How difficult was the break-up for you?
SN: Well, it wasn't difficult for me. Because I wanted it to be over?
IN: Why?
SN: Because we weren't happy and we can't be together anymore and we can't break up the band over it.

IN: So when you guys were looking at each other with, to me, it kind of looks like you want to kill each other is -
SN: Well, we kind of do.
IN: So when we saw you kind of bellowing at each other with what looks like hatred, that was real?
SN: Absolutely, absolutely.

IN: What was it like backstage?
SN: Nothing
IN: You just would not communicate? Wouldn't go near each other? Certainly wouldn't hold hands as you walk to the stage?
SN: *shaking head* Separate dressing rooms, separate cars...
IN: How do you do that?
SN: You sit on one end of the plane; he sits on the other end of the plane.
IN: For how many years was it like that then?
SN: Forever
IN: Since 1976?
SN: Pretty much.

SN: That [cocaine fuelled years] was a very hard time for my parents.
IN: Did your Mom, do you think, when you were at your worst with cocaine, do you think she thought you weren't going to survive?
SN: Yeah, I think she thought, cos I stopped communicating. Because I didn't want to make them sad but I also didn't want to stop doing drugs. So I stopped calling and they wouldn't hear from me for a long time. And I think they thought they were going to lose me.

IN: I want to ask you about your relationship with Mick. Would that have even happened if there weren't so many drugs involved?
SN: Probably not. That was really kind of an accident.

IN: But you have brought everyone back together when everyone's gone their separate ways.
MF: Yes, I've been blamed for keeping it all together. As of the last few years or so, I really had to take a look at not being that person with the whip, you know, and "we've got to do this" and just, it became inappropriate for me to continually push, push, push. So I had to let go of that.

IN: Is it fair to say that the band is all getting along better now than it has in years?
MF: Yeah, it really is.... I mean those two people walking out on stage, Stevie and Lindsey, they were partners when they were 16 years old.
IN: When you met them then, they were very much in love, weren't they?
MF: Oh, yes, of course.

VO: Lindsey got married in 2000 and has three children. Stevie is happily single. She travels with two four legged companions.
IN: Could it be said that, if it wasn't for Fleetwood Mac, you guys might never have broken up?
SN: It's possible that we might've stayed together.
IN: Gotten married?
SN: Very possible.
IN: Had kids?
SN: Had kids. But, you know, destiny intervenes.
IN: Do you ever wish that's what happened?
SN: No, because I never go against destiny.

IN: I want to ask you about you mom. I know she was very, very special to you and I know that she passed just -
SN: Yeah, not long ago.
IN: Without her, would you have been able to do what you're doing now?
SN: No. I am alone in this world without her. Do I miss having a boyfriend or a man in my life? No. Do I miss my mother? I miss her so much that it makes me nauseous. Because there's nobody who can fill that void. There is nobody that can take her place. And there is nobody who can pull me back into sanity like she was able to do. And so what I tell people is "don't ever take your mother for granted cos she could be gone tomorrow". She left a lot of stuff, a lot of scrapbooks and writings and a suitcase that I have yet to open. It's been almost two years, I guess. I'm just not ready.

VO: The loss put a lot of things in perspective. Especially her relationship with Lindsey. Stevie decided that after 36 years, it was time to make peace.
SN: My mom always said to me too, you know, "it's really easy to say you're sorry." Just walk up to someone and say "I'm really sorry. Honestly, I'm really sorry." And that's it. That's all you have to say. And that's something we don't say very much.
IN: Both of you needed to apologise to each other?
SN: *nods*
IN: And now you have?
SN: Mm-hmm. *nods*
IN: And it's changed everything.
SN: It's changed everything. And so for the better.
IN: What was his response?
SN: His response was good. His response was, more or less, "I wish you'd told me all this a long time ago" and so then you're like "Well, you know, I didn't take the time to sit down and explain to you why I wasn't happy. Because I thought you knew. And you didn't. You didn't know."
IN: Do you wish you'd had that chat then. (?)
SN: Yeah, I wish I do, I certainly do. It certainly would've made the last thirty years easier. Yeah. It's sure a lot more fun this way.

SN: Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was sixteen and I haven't seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac.

CADreaming 08-11-2013 09:10 AM

Thanks for posting. Great to have new quotes, but it gets so tiring. The same thing, different year. Have said basically the same thing since 1997. They fight, they make up, but always make it about 1976. Bull.

"SN: Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was sixteen and I haven't seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac." -- She said this in 2003 too.

I did appreciate the Landslide info. I always thought she was really upset, mad, threatened by him going on the Everly tour without her which explains why Crystal Zevon said she "followed" him to Aspen. :D. Of course, that means she wasn't necessarily going there to break up with him but more like trying to remind him he had a girlfriend. And she also has said they got into a huge fight there because Lindsey was really angry with her "about something."

Oh and also, Jess Nicks died in 2005 and Lindsey was there, played Landslide at his memorial. She didn't have this same revelation of reconciliation then? Or in 1999 when Lindsey's mom passed? Smh...

Aussie W/Heart 08-11-2013 09:24 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write this out.

vivfox 08-11-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole21290 (Post 1100087)

Thank you for posting this video link. I really enjoyed all the unreleased video tid bits. The part with Stevie playing Rhiannon on the piano and all the segments about Barbara Nicks. I had tears in my eyes thru the whole thing because I am just so overwhelmed that an entity that was so powerful when I was a teenager still has the same affect on me in my 50's.
http://bcove.me/ffi3ubvx

PenguinHead 08-11-2013 10:57 AM

I absolutely loved watching this, especially the more intimate clips we never see - the backstage stuff, like the SUV arriving and Lindsey getting out, and the clip showing Stevie's traveling dogs.

Sure, we've heard it all before, but it's refreshing to see them in good shape, personally and physically. Stevie is still stunningly beautiful, and seems more down to earth than she's ever been, but retains her quirky self.

I was happy to hear her say that it isn't over yet. This gives me hope that they will make another album. I think this recent tour has really reinvigorated them. I was so happy to see them perform such a stellar show. I really like how they walked out on a fully lighted stage at the start of the show and greeted the audience. That's pretty unusual, but was very personal gesture, making the audience relate to them like old friends.

CADreaming 08-11-2013 11:07 AM

Just watched the video. Excellent! This was one of the best segments I have ever seen on them, the editing was perfect. I have to agree that despite the repetitiveness of the story, this was a fresh take on it. Very impressed.

michelej1 08-11-2013 02:36 PM

Love it. Wish I could have it on DVD. They sound so sweet and high-voiced on Don't Stop in the old clip.

Mick, can I pay you to be my scarf shopper?

Michele

michelej1 08-11-2013 02:46 PM

The crisp HD video is just killing me. I'm so depressed. Why is everything online and nothing on DVD?

Stevie saying she would not have admitted that the cocaine changed her voice in the past reminded me of an article from 1980 that a Ledgie contributed. I think Stevie's indignant comments are pretty funny. But it's hilarious that people have actually been accusing her voice of degrading for more than 30 years now.

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...2&id=8532&c=18

Q: Stevie, would you care to comment on the rumors that your voice is not as strong as It used to be.

Stevie: It's wonderful to read that your voice is disintegrating. I would like to comment on that, actually. If you care to take the time to read the reviews from the last shows that we've done you might notice that I am. as my mother says to me, 'singing like a little bird'. And because I'm taking real good care of myself, my voice is not disintegrating. When I die, 'disintegration' will be one of the words that'll pass in front of me. I think it's very cruel for people to say 'disintegration' It's like, well, God, might as well just give up. Does anybody have any faith in me at all? My voice is fine.

michelej1 08-11-2013 02:53 PM

What answers could be in the suitcase? Barbara's suitcase is like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

Four generations? A generation is not a decade. I think a generation is how long it takes to grow up and have kids, so like 18-20 years. FM hasn't been together for 80 years.

Michele

Desiree 08-11-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1099999)

Unfortunately, it is important to her...and to most women:sorry: but true. And, because of the business she's in and as a front woman. She developed an image over the years that was, at least physically waifish and vulnerable so her fans found it difficult to watch what happened as a result of her lifestyle. She has said that she has found it difficult that she became overweight and that she's fought it ever since. I know that I'm 5'1" and I work my butt off to stay slim and healthy because I like it that way! I am NOT happy when I'm overweight. If it doesn't bother anyone else it doesn't bother me for them tho, only myself! I personally like her slim because I think SHE is HAPPIER when she is:shrug:

She does look great in this interview but I LOVE her smile, at ANY weight, it very simply transforms her! I think she smiled once during the entire interview, why so glum, Stevie?

MikeInNV 08-11-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desiree (Post 1100107)
She does look great in this interview but I LOVE her smile, at ANY weight, it very simply transforms her! I think she smiled once during the entire interview, why so glum, Stevie?

So funny you mention that. After I watched this interview I was thinking how Stevie is always so somber and serious in all of her interviews. It's like she goes into drama mode when she talks about her life and Fleetwood Mac. It's not a big deal really, except that when she is caught in candid moments, she seems much more upbeat and cheerful. And several people who know her have commented on her great sense of humor. It definitely seems like she has distinct public and private personas.

MikeInNV 08-11-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1100106)
What answers could be in the suitcase? Barbara's suitcase is like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

This made me LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1100106)
Four generations? A generation is not a decade. I think a generation is how long it takes to grow up and have kids, so like 18-20 years. FM hasn't been together for 80 years.

I thought the same thing. No band has been around for 4 generations. No, not even the Stones.

CADreaming 08-11-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1100109)
So funny you mention that. After I watched this interview I was thinking how Stevie is always so somber and serious in all of her interviews. It's like she goes into drama mode when she talks about her life and Fleetwood Mac. It's not a big deal really, except that when she is caught in candid moments, she seems much more upbeat and cheerful. And several people who know her have commented on her great sense of humor. It definitely seems like she has distinct public and private personas.

Totally. Most of the time when she is on, she is 100% on. I like the candid much better. She's way too guarded and careful otherwise and will be led by interviewer comments that may or may not be true. But, she will roll with it if that's what they believe. I get why. It's convenient, helps her to keep her guard up and probably just easier than constantly explaining things that you'd just as soon not talk about or keep private or maintain a persona.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1100110)
This made me LOL.

I thought the same thing. No band has been around for 4 generations. No, not even the Stones.

Yes, there were a lot of exaggerations. Stevie & Lindsey fighting for 30 years. Nope. (Not one long continual not speaking from the 1976 break up as was insinuated anyway) The airplane thing? Nope. (Not for "30" years)

michelej1 08-11-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1100111)
Yes, there were a lot of exaggerations. Stevie & Lindsey fighting for 30 years. Nope. (Not one long continual not speaking from the 1976 break up as was insinuated anyway) The airplane thing? Nope. (Not for "30" years)

I think they were fighting on and off for 30 years, but don't see it as a cold war. That's why Doesn't Anything Last made me giggle, because I can't imagine Stevie not having anything to say the last time Lindsey saw her. So, I didn't particularly think it was about her.

The fact that Stevie wrote about it in her diary (so sad to see a good love go bad) suggests to me that there was a particular airplane ride where they sat far away from each other in the plane and didn't talk and it was significant to her, because that's not usually the way it was. I don't think they were buddy buddy, but I think that when the band was touring or working, SnL were probably fairly close to each other physically, in each other's personal space, getting on each other's nerves and bickering more often than they were far apart and not speaking.

Michele

Macfanforever 08-11-2013 04:30 PM

Thanks nicole for the link. I'm capturing it now.Will see later if it works.

I will upload it for keepers if it works later.

I agree Michele about the digital only releases .It sucks.

This morning I heard a report on WCBS News 880 in NYC that vinyl is coming back stronger then ever.

I'm so happy hearing that.

michelej1 08-11-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1100113)
Thanks nicole for the link. I'm capturing it now.Will see later if it works.

I will upload it for keepers if it works later.

I agree Michele about the digital only releases .It sucks.

Well, it's just that we've seen some of that old footage before, but not in such good video quality. I'm glad it exists, but it just brings home everything that fans don't have.

Michele

CADreaming 08-11-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1100112)
I think they were fighting on and off for 30 years, but don't see it as a cold war. That's why Doesn't Anything Last made me giggle, because I can't imagine Stevie not having anything to say the last time Lindsey saw her. So, I didn't particularly think it was about her.

The fact that Stevie wrote about it in her diary (so sad to see a good love go bad) suggests to me that there was a particular airplane ride where they sat far away from each other in the plane and didn't talk and it was significant to her, because that's not usually the way it was. I don't think they were buddy buddy, but I think that when the band was touring or working, SnL were probably fairly close to each other physically, in each other's personal space, getting on each other's nerves and bickering more often than they were far apart and not speaking.

Michele

That's what I mean. Stevie's one time we sat far apart because we were ticked turns into 30 years - which actually even if it was 100% true and not embellished is not accurate anyway because 1976 to 1987 is 11 years. We all know they have been pushing the "we're all good & have made up and are friends or friendly" line since 1997. I think it's assumed the fans either forget that - as Mick said "people think we hate each other" - or they are addressing the uninformed just in case - and so every tour since that's what they promote. But it always turns into SnL had a big fight and weren't speaking since 1976 or 1987 or 1997 or 2003 or 2004.... I mean that's all they've got now anyway to sort of conjure up.

SpyNote 08-11-2013 06:09 PM

The only thing that I didn't like was her makeup. It's clear that the interview was done just before the show, so her face is made up for the stage (ie. looks natural from afar but bold and exaggerated closeup).

jkmaletic 08-11-2013 06:57 PM

Stevie and Mick looked , understandably, super tired. Having to do an interview at the very end of a 45 date tour had to suck. I think the tiredness affected Stevie's mood at the time as well. Regardless, always good to see new interviews. Thanks for posting. :)

Oh, and I think the dog in the dog bed was Karen's. Stevie talked about her getting a new puppy back in October 2011. Her name is Bella.

Jamie

StreetAngel86 08-11-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1100103)
Love it. Wish I could have it on DVD.

Michele

I'll rip it on DVD for you if you want ... or a usb. lemme know. It's about a gig.

michelej1 08-11-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1100115)
I think it's assumed the fans either forget that - as Mick said "people think we hate each other" - or they are addressing the uninformed just in case - and so every tour since that's what they promote.

Or I think Stevie and Lindsey are slightly unhinged mentally. I think they do it even when there's no interviewer prompting them. You're right, there is nothing they didn't also say back in 2003, when it used to be bittersweet and now it's just sweet.

It's fun to wonder what they'll say about this tour 2 years from now.

When she talked about telling him why they broke up, I remembered her discussing how Rick Vito would come to her house 25 years ago and she said Lindsey could never come to her house to work because they'd just end up in an argument for hours about why they broke up 10 years earlier. I think Lindsey and Stevie have had that "what went wrong" conversation roughly a trillion times, so it's hilarious for Stevie to say Lindsey responded, "I wish you had told me this earlier."

Michele