The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What are you doing right now? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28724)

DrummerDeanna 09-13-2006 11:01 PM

What are you doing right now?

A slant on the what are you eating/listening to/drinking threads...

What are you doing right now?

Me? I'm downloading some of the cheesiest songs imaginable :D And playing Freecell.

TwistedGypsy 09-13-2006 11:04 PM

I just got done watching Million Dollar Listing on Bravo. It's amazing how location can jack up prices of homes. Cause really thats all you paying for is location, location, location. A damn double wide trailer costs $400,000 in Malibu!!!!:shocked:

GardenStateGirlie 09-13-2006 11:11 PM

getting ready for bed so i can be at the library by 8:30 to meet my group before class -_-

GODDESS6 09-14-2006 06:39 AM

watching the local morning news~ aaahhhh boring yes:nod: ~

irishgrl 09-14-2006 07:04 AM

Gad, all you multi-taskers make me sick! Im only reading this thread :laugh:

Miss Vicky 09-14-2006 07:29 AM

I am reconsidering my stand on euthanasia. 'Cause if my cat doesn't shut the f*ck up, I'm going to kill him. :mad:

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...ics/schizo.jpg

Anybody want a 5 year old neutered male cat? He's current on vaccines and has been microchipped... :laugh:

sara1998 09-14-2006 08:07 AM

Taking a training course at work. I needed a break. So, I came here.

JazmenFlowers 09-14-2006 08:50 AM

bates-labeling a ****load of plaintiff medical records to produce today.

SuzeQuze 09-14-2006 09:17 AM

Hanging with you fine people, listening to Stephanie Miller, eating my hot oat bran, and "working" from home. :lol:

Red 09-14-2006 11:03 AM

I'm at work - shame on me. :rolleyes:

It's really quiet here right now because its so rainy...so it is giving me loads of opportunity to catch up on some stock design work. I'm working on a nice pair of earrings right now.

BTFLCHLD 09-14-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 571250)
Anybody want a 5 year old neutered male cat?

You have a beautiful cat Miss Vicky...gorgeous eyes.

I am drinking coffee...avoiding work.

carrie721 09-14-2006 11:17 AM

i am just waking up (slept wayyyyy in) and getting ready to go to the gym.

GODDESS6 09-14-2006 11:49 AM

grilling lunch~

estranged4life 09-14-2006 11:50 AM

Sitting...

here listening to the stereo (Mother Love Bone's "Stargazer" is playing on a replay loop) trying to not lean the back of my neck onto any surface since I now have a bad burn to my skin.

It may seem weird to some (Then again maybe not), but I tend to type better in the dark, so the bedroom is in a constant state of darkness (Minus one 60 watt lightbulb in a touch lamp).

Also I keep flipping the channels between Faux News and Sirius Channel 27 Hard Attack outta pure boredom (Until the local noon newscast).

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 12:52 PM

Well I'm at work now - settling in - checking local papers, website etc...formulating my afternoon basically...oh and wasting time on here :p

skcin 09-14-2006 01:16 PM

Eating. SURPRISE! :D

I'm at work, eating lunch at my desk with the door to my office locked so nobody bothers me.

BlackWidow 09-14-2006 01:54 PM

Ciggy break..

DavidMn 09-14-2006 02:03 PM

Sitting at the computer listening to Fleetwood Mac:D

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 02:18 PM

Now I'm eating...yummy spinach salad w/ guac and a SmartOnes Pot Roast meal.

DavidMn 09-14-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 571413)
Now I'm eating...yummy spinach salad w/ guac and a SmartOnes Pot Roast meal.

That sounds kinda tasty. Are smart ones dinners expensive?

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 571415)
That sounds kinda tasty. Are smart ones dinners expensive?

Yeah - they kind of are. I don't eat them that often though - they're great for a day when I don't feel like making my lunch...some of the are just plain nasty though.

They range from about $1.76-3.00 - I think the ones I bought were 2-something - so I guess for a whole meal that's not bad - but I'm cheap :laugh:

DavidMn 09-14-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 571420)
Yeah - they kind of are. I don't eat them that often though - they're great for a day when I don't feel like making my lunch...some of the are just plain nasty though.

They range from about $1.76-3.00 - I think the ones I bought were 2-something - so I guess for a whole meal that's not bad - but I'm cheap :laugh:

So am I, dont feel bad.:laugh: I'm just trying to find something that has a smaller portion that doesnt taste like dog****.:nod:

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 571421)
So am I, dont feel bad.:laugh: I'm just trying to find something that has a smaller portion that doesnt taste like dog****.:nod:

Then stay away from the SmartOnes Shrimp and Dog ****. Or as it's commercially known, Shrimp LoMein. SOOOO bad, I can't even begin to tell you.

I've been happy with the meat ones, so far I've tried Beef Pot Roast (good) and Pot Roast with Veggies (Good). My sister loves the Turkey ones, I've not tried them yet.

DavidMn 09-14-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 571424)
Then stay away from the SmartOnes Shrimp and Dog ****. Or as it's commercially known, Shrimp LoMein. SOOOO bad, I can't even begin to tell you.

I've been happy with the meat ones, so far I've tried Beef Pot Roast (good) and Pot Roast with Veggies (Good). My sister loves the Turkey ones, I've not tried them yet.

One I've always thought was a good value was Budget Gourmet. They seem to taste pretty good.

Nixxxed 09-14-2006 02:55 PM

Enjoying the cool, fresh air conditioning...

This morning about 4:00 AM, Miss Makita (the family Rottweiler) cornered a skunk behind the A/C pump unit outside - poor thing was thoroughly sprayed with skunk musk. But the kicker was: so was the A/C unit. I woke up choking seconds afterwards, thinking the house was on fire because of the putrid smell, and wondering why the hell Makita was going utterly BAT**** in the back yard.

Luckily we had a small cold front late last evening, and we were able to air out the house all morning while disassembling and scrubbing the coils on the A/C so it wouldn't pump the smell inside any more.

We also got this awesome anti-skunk shampoo from our local feed store, and Makita smells better than ever after getting 3 baths in the driveway, with the hose, so all the neighbors passing by could see her shame. :laugh: They felt sorry for her, and the next door neighbor guy even brought her some treats. His window A/C unit faces our backyard, and the smell got sucked into his house too. (Which is straight up karma, since it was his trash the damn skunk got into first before heading into our back yard...)

As soon as the house cools off, I'm taking a NAP!

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 03:02 PM

^^

:laugh: Great story - but sorry about the skunk. I can just see a poor wet and dripping dog looking all shameful :lol: Did the skunk smell get into your upholstery or anything?

trackaghost 09-14-2006 03:03 PM

I'm just sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

HomerMcvie 09-14-2006 03:04 PM

Watching Yes, Dear.

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 571444)
I'm just sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

:( that doesn't sound pleasant and fun...it sounds almost as bad as sitting around watching Yes, Dear ;) :P

HomerMcvie 09-14-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 571449)
:( that doesn't sound pleasant and fun...it sounds almost as bad as sitting around watching Yes, Dear ;) :P

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GardenStateGirlie 09-14-2006 03:08 PM

drinking frappucino -- enjoying the **** weather -- listening to some rachael yamagata -- debating on heading home for the weekend tonight or doing a paper instead.

Nixxxed 09-14-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 571443)
^^

:laugh: Great story - but sorry about the skunk. I can just see a poor wet and dripping dog looking all shameful :lol: Did the skunk smell get into your upholstery or anything?

Not so far. I ran downstairs and immediately turned off the A/C. Once I determined the house wasn't on fire, it was pretty easy to figure out what the smell was with all the ruckus going on in the back yard.

I was mad for being woken up in such an unpleasant way, but upon seeing the dog it all turned to pity. If it smelled that bad to me I can only imagine how bad it must smell for dog, especially when it's sprayed *on* them. And strangely I never actually saw the skunk - I guess it had time to get away after it retaliated. Just a small clump of black & white hair in the A/C unit grill.

I also lit about half a box of Nag Champa sticks once the windows were all open. It helped, besides being something else to choke over. Thanks, Stevie! :wavey: :D

UnwindedDreams 09-14-2006 03:50 PM

deciding whether to make porterhouse steaks with shrooms or grilled chicken caesar salad...

sparky 09-14-2006 03:52 PM

Bored out of my gourd at work. May go out and find lunch and make another stop at Target to buy more **** for a girls dorm room set next week.

mikeschmike 09-14-2006 04:03 PM

Blowing my nose and cursing the dirty bitch that gave me this cold.

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 04:12 PM

Becoming extremely annoyed that Colorado State University has STILL not posted audio from a mid-morning press conference :mad:

skcin 09-14-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeschmike (Post 571498)
Blowing my nose and cursing the dirty bitch that gave me this cold.

Yeah, well f*ck you too, buddy. :cool:

Getting ready to go home in 3.....2.......1

And I'm out.

mikeschmike 09-14-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 571515)
Yeah, well f*ck you too, buddy. :cool:

Getting ready to go home in 3.....2.......1

And I'm out.

Oh sure, turn it around on me.

carrie721 09-14-2006 09:55 PM

sitting in bed, still in my work clothes, in a near-comatose state. trying not to reflect too much on my terrible evening at work, since such a thought process would surely lead to my untimely suicide.

DrummerDeanna 09-14-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 571646)
sitting in bed, still in my work clothes, in a near-comatose state. trying not to reflect too much on my terrible evening at work, since such a thought process would surely lead to my untimely suicide.

:( Where do you work? And why was it such a bad night?