The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it possible they will go on tour again? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27186)

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 07:56 PM

Is it possible they will go on tour again?

I have been hearing a lot *not on this board* that I should count out a FM tour. I am a new fan and I have never seen them on tour. I would be really bummed if I never got the chance. Has there been any news about a future or tour? or do any of you think it might not happen again? Thanks in advance.

DavidMn 06-06-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamz19
I have been hearing a lot *not on this board* that I should count out a FM tour. I am a new fan and I have never seen them on tour. I would be really bummed if I never got the chance. Has there been any news about a future or tour? or do any of you think it might not happen again? Thanks in advance.

Quite a few people here have talked about 2007 as a year something will happen. It will be the 40th year Fleetwood Mac has been together, so that would make sense. BTW WELCOME!:wavey:

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn
Quite a few people here have talked about 2007 as a year something will happen. It will be the 40th year Fleetwood Mac has been together, so that would make sense. BTW WELCOME!:wavey:

Thank you David for the welcome :] I love your siggy pictures. And thanks for giving me some good news.

DavidMn 06-06-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Thank you David for the welcome :] I love your siggy pictures. And thanks for giving me some good news.

Anytime. Yes, meeting Lindsey was the thrill of my life, no doubt.:nod:

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Anytime. Yes, meeting Lindsey was the thrill of my life, no doubt.:nod:

That is really amazing. How were you able to meet him if you don't mind me asking? I would love to meet the band but I doubt I ever would. Uhhh and one more question. How were you able to get the pic in your siggy? I have a banner I wanted to use but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

DavidMn 06-06-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

That is really amazing. How were you able to meet him if you don't mind me asking? I would love to meet the band but I doubt I ever would. Uhhh and one more question. How were you able to get the pic in your siggy? I have a banner I wanted to use but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Sure I dont mind sharing the story. When they pleyed St Paul Minnesota in 2003, they did 2 shows here, so on the morning of the second show I went down to the hotel lobby(A friend had found out they were staying there) and I waited about 2 hours in a chair and finally he came out of the elevator. I approached him and we talked for about 10-15 minutes, just me and him. He was very ncie and was genuinely interested in what I had to say, a real nice guy.:nod:

Sahara 06-06-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Quite a few people here have talked about 2007 as a year something will happen.

John McVie included.

Welcome to the board, Dreamz19!
I too am a relatively new fan and have never seen them live .... one day, God willing :thumbsup:

Enjoy your stay. :cool:

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Sure I dont mind sharing the story. When they pleyed St Paul Minnesota in 2003, they did 2 shows here, so on the morning of the second show I went down to the hotel lobby(A friend had found out they were staying there) and I waited about 2 hours in a chair and finally he came out of the elevator. I approached him and we talked for about 10-15 minutes, just me and him. He was very ncie and was genuinely interested in what I had to say, a real nice guy.:nod:

Great story. I wonder if I could ever be so lucky ;) It's nice to know that Lindsey is a great guy. A have a few friends who have met people I like but they didn't get a really warm reception from them. That kinda stuff annoys me. If your not going to be nice to everyone at least be nice to the people who buy your records and watch your movies!

DavidMn 06-06-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Great story. I wonder if I could ever be so lucky ;) It's nice to know that Lindsey is a great guy. A have a few friends who have met people I like but they didn't get a really warm reception from them. That kinda stuff annoys me. If your not going to be nice to everyone at least be nice to the people who buy your records and watch your movies!

Well, I've found that as long as you're civil and dont get all geeked up, if youre lucky enough to run into someone you admire, theyl usually give you some time.

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara
John McVie included.

Welcome to the board, Dreamz19!
I too am a relatively new fan and have never seen them live .... one day, God willing :thumbsup:

Enjoy your stay. :cool:

Thank you for the welcome Sahara :) I really appreciate it from everyone. I usually don't get this on other boards I post at. It is really a good feeling to be welcomed. Hopefully, all of us who have not seen them live will get lucky.

DavidMn 06-06-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the welcome Sahara :) I really appreciate it from everyone. I usually don't get this on other boards I post at. It is really a good feeling to be welcomed. Hopefully, all of us who have not seen them live will get lucky.

What good does it do to be an asshole? I mean life's too short, right?:nod:

Dreamz19 06-06-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Right :nod:

kenzo 06-06-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

I guess some people think they'll live forever.

wondergirl9847 06-07-2006 12:39 AM

Welcome to the board!

Welcome, Dreamz19!

I'd imagine that yes, they'll go on one last tour...and God-willing with new material. Sigh...

I'm about to go postal waiting for any Lindsey solo news. :mad:

I love David's Lindsey story. :)

Dreamz19 06-07-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Welcome, Dreamz19!

I'd imagine that yes, they'll go on one last tour...and God-willing with new material. Sigh...

I'm about to go postal waiting for any Lindsey solo news. :mad:

I love David's Lindsey story. :)

Hey Wondergirl and thanks for the welcome :) Yes, David's story is very interesting. I like hearing about people's meetings with their fav celebs. As for the tour, I would be really pissed if I never get the chance to see one of my fav bands live. BTW I really love your LindsEy picture. He looks great in that pic.

On a side note: I made the E a capital because I just got called out for saying LindsAy by mistake lol. I am not used to typing his name out so forgive me if that a pops up.

wondergirl9847 06-07-2006 12:50 AM

Lol!

Yes, I noticed the A versus E post. :cool: Heh.

Thanks! I love that picture too...he IS the hotness. :nod:

skcin 06-07-2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the board! :wavey:

Madness Fades 06-07-2006 09:28 AM

Welcome Dreamz19

To answer your question, rumour has it you will hopefully be seeing some fleetwood mac activity in the not to distant future. keep your fingers crossed anyway.

be good

paul

estranged4life 06-07-2006 10:50 AM

Welcome to the Ledge...

Dreamz19...

I think they will tour in 2007, Hopefully I will be over my burnout of Fleetwood Mac by then.

David 06-07-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life
Dreamz19...

I think they will tour in 2007, Hopefully I will be over my burnout of Fleetwood Mac by then.

You're probably burnt out because you've been converting all my sixteen-hundred tapes.

estranged4life 06-07-2006 11:09 AM

Could be...

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
You're probably burnt out because you've been converting all my sixteen-hundred tapes.

but it also may be because I have traded so much FM material over the past few years that was once a hobby has became a full-blown job.

Just a need a break...I'm sure I will get back into 'em sooner than later.

chiliD 06-07-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

...I just got called out for saying LindsAy by mistake

We are a picky bunch here, as well...but, a bit friendlier. :thumbsup:

shackin'up 06-07-2006 01:35 PM

don't count on that last remark.

michelle2677 06-07-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

welcome to the board!!!:wavey:

GypsySorcerer 06-07-2006 02:51 PM

Welcome aboard, Dreamz19! :wavey:

DavidMn 06-07-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up
don't count on that last remark.

O)h Gerald.:lol: I think you and Chili should have a cage death match, wrestling. PPV. Hell youd both make money I'm sure.

gypsysoul 06-07-2006 03:32 PM

I think there will almost certainly be something special next year from the band. It's also the anniversary of Rumours so it's too good an opportunity for them to miss.

Welcome Dreamz19. Don't worry, I've also been 'told off' for writing LYNdsey:laugh: Slap wrist.
But it's okay, because it was ChiliD who did it and even before I joined the board I always thought he seemed a really cool guy, plus he's probably forgotten more about FM than I'll ever know.

As for how nice LINDSEY is, my friend worked on their private plane during the SYW tour and said they were all great but he particularly was terrific, not to mention very dishy.

shackin'up 06-08-2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

O)h Gerald.:lol: I think you and Chili should have a cage death match, wrestling. PPV. Hell youd both make money I'm sure.

:lol: but one dies, huh? so only one with the doe. I don't want it, so.....aaaarggghhhhh....Shackin'up dies....in his most pathatic way....

very dramatic. quite beautiful.:angel:

HomerMcvie 06-08-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

:lol: but one dies, huh? so only one with the doe. I don't want it, so.....aaaarggghhhhh....Shackin'up dies....in his most pathatic way....

Hittin' the old sauce again, huh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DavidMn 06-08-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

At least you saw the humor in it.:laugh:

Serrart 06-08-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Ever seen this episode of Star Trek Gerald?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29...tlefieldST.jpg

;)
Romy

wondergirl9847 06-08-2006 11:53 PM

Awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsysoul
As for how nice LINDSEY is, my friend worked on their private plane during the SYW tour and said they were all great but he particularly was terrific, not to mention very dishy.

I love that man so much. :D

Very dishy indeed. :nod:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ndsey-HOT2.jpg

Dreamz19 06-09-2006 01:33 AM

Thank you everyone for welcoming me and answering my question. I appreciate it :)

DavidMn 06-09-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Thank you everyone for welcoming me and answering my question. I appreciate it :)

No Problem
:)

Ian 06-10-2006 12:08 PM

I sure have high hopes that they will tour in 2007. I saw them last year and the year before, and they were phenomenal. Lookin' forward to the near future of FWM. :thumbsup:

Sahara 06-10-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I love that man so much. :D

Very dishy indeed. :nod:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ndsey-HOT2.jpg

Dishy? I haven't heard that word used in AGES. :lol:

But it fits the bill. Fab photo (even though it's not by any means my favourite era :P well done!)

Murrow 06-18-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara
John McVie included.

It's ironic though that John, the only member of the band not to have his own website is also the only one to make any noises to the media about any '07 happenings. Mick, Lindsey and Stevie's websites are all frustratingly quiet on the matter.

Be good if there was a new album that year - the gaps between Mac albums have varied in length from 2 to 8 years in the last quarter-century.

This is my first post BTW. I'm UK based and my real name's Chris.

wondergirl9847 06-18-2006 05:13 PM

Hi!

Welcome to the board, Chris! Nice screenname...one of my fave LB songs. :thumbsup:

Mageboy25 06-19-2006 05:53 AM

Yes, as of now the band will tour next year. They need to bring in the cash while they can!

TheWILDheart 06-22-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mageboy25
Yes, as of now the band will tour next year. They need to bring in the cash while they can!

How do you know? Has anything been officially announced yet. I really hope they come to the UK.