The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Therapy needed for post-concert blues (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42091)

steve.uk 11-05-2009 05:00 AM

Therapy needed for post-concert blues

Symptoms - introducing anecdotes about the concerts into all your converstaions to the bemusement and annoyance of everyone you talk to; a vague sense of loss that it's all over; waking up with a particular song in your head and having to play it on repeat all the way to work (this morning it was Gypsy, Stand Back yesterday...); trawling youtube obsessively looking for out-of-focus clips of the concert ; being permanently logged in to this site ; dreaming up outrageous schemes involving financial suicide and loss of employment to get to Australia for the next leg of the tour; and worst of all trying to ignore the nagging fear that I might have just seen them live for the last time.
:distress:

I can't be the only one suffering from this - give me some therapy, Ledgies!

DavidMn 11-05-2009 05:21 AM

You took the words right out fo my mouth sir!:laugh: I was just looking at flights a few minutes ago to New Zealand for those 2 shows. Unfortunately the cheapest airfare I could find was about $3,500US RT from Minneapolis where I live. Um, not gonna happen.:(:laugh:

TrueFaith77 11-05-2009 06:31 AM

I always find that writing out my attempts to get to the bottom of the experience can prove very cathartic.

GODDESS6 11-05-2009 06:42 AM

you're not alone, i always get the mac blues after seeing them & not knowing when & if i'll see them again~

Sahara 11-05-2009 06:53 AM

I was on a high for about a week. Now I'm off it. I'm saving the Youtube videos of the concert for a really bad moment....

Mac_Villain 11-05-2009 08:40 AM

I'm seriously suffering post concert blues. That was the first time I'd seen them live & it destroys me knowing I'm unlikely to see them again. I can't give my dissertation the attention it deserves!!

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 852115)
You took the words right out fo my mouth sir!:laugh: I was just looking at flights a few minutes ago to New Zealand for those 2 shows. Unfortunately the cheapest airfare I could find was about $3,500US RT from Minneapolis where I live. Um, not gonna happen.:(:laugh:

work overtime, eat beans for dinner! you can do it david!! :)

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 09:26 AM

Airfare from NYC - Los Angeles - Brisbane - Auckland - NYC will be a little over $2500, which isn't cheap, but not horrendous, all things considered. Gah! If I can somehow get front section tickets for Brisbane and New Plymouth (and maybe even Perth?), I think I would seriously consider this... If nothing else, I have always wanted to visit down under, so I cannot think of a better excuse to go! Call me an adrenaline junkie... there's nothing better than feeling the rumble of the bass along the edge of the stage. :nod: It is an addiction that needs to be fed!

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852145)
Airfare from NYC - Los Angeles - Brisbane - Auckland - NYC will be a little over $2500, which isn't cheap, but not horrendous, all things considered. Gah! If I can somehow get front section tickets for Brisbane and New Plymouth (and maybe even Perth?), I think I would seriously consider this... If nothing else, I have always wanted to visit down under, so I cannot think of a better excuse to go! Call me an adrenaline junkie... there's nothing better than feeling the rumble of the bass along the edge of the stage. :nod: It is an addiction that needs to be fed!

I am going to AU by way of HI when I retire which will be in 1 yr 8 mos....what are the chances they will be touring again over there by then????

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeannieKartis (Post 852147)
I am going to AU by way of HI when I retire which will be in 1 yr 8 mos....what are the chances they will be touring again over there by then????

Retirement? Ugh! What's that? I always thought I would retire before 50, but now... don't think so! :distress:

Well, if they aren't touring, you can always catch Mick's band doing Hawaiian-inspired covers of FM hits. :lol:

But congrats on retirement! I should be so lucky...

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852149)
Retirement? Ugh! What's that? I always thought I would retire before 50, but now... don't think so! :distress:

Well, if they aren't touring, you can always catch Mick's band doing Hawaiian-inspired covers of FM hits. :lol:

But congrats on retirement! I should be so lucky...

yeah, I'm lucky, I work for the dept. of the navy (civil service) under the old retirement system...retire at 55 :)

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 852115)

I found Minneapolis-originating flights from $1865 (tax inclusive) if you fly into Auckland, where you can rent a car and drive the rest of the way down to New Plymouth. It's only $1500 if you fly out of LAX. Come on, David... you can do it! I am finding that it is much cheaper if you fly on or around Christmas day, so if you plan accordingly, you can save some cash.

chazlightyear 11-05-2009 10:19 AM

Its so funny reading all these comments i thought my friend and i were the only ones in deep depression! We saw them in Sheffield on monday night and have been hopelessly emotional ever since, even to the point of shedding a tear when leaving the Hotel carpark on tuesday morning the cd player kicked in with Monday Morning!. I've bored everyone i can find rigid with it, set myself up a playlist from youtube and hoping there will be a chance they'll tour the uk again. Next monday will probably be the "This time last week" scenario.

I wish you all well and i'm sure we'll get through it together!!!:)

Take care all

Sahara 11-05-2009 10:45 AM

Remember, after the Say You Will tour a lot of people probably thought that was the end of the road for FM tours -- heck, it's been that way for years. So don't lose hope!

kak125 11-05-2009 10:46 AM

omg i always get so depressed after a fm show. i remember seeing them last march in pittsburgh on opening night and looking forward to that show for so long and once it was over i didnt know what to do with myself. i have found that if i make plans to do something fun a few days after the show or even the next week that it helps me get over the depression cuz i have something to look foward to. lol i am glad to know i am not the only one that went on youtube and looked for concert clips -ha ha!!
dont worry though it will get better in a few weeks time :)

steve.uk 11-05-2009 10:52 AM

That's what I keep telling myself - if they do give us a new album, surely they'll come and promote that - won't they? Please?

Thanks for the feedback everyone - didn't think I could be the only one ,lol.

BellaDonna93 11-05-2009 12:40 PM

I was like that for a couple of days, maybe a week, after I saw them...and thinking that I'll, probably, not be seeing them again...:(...that makes me sad. But well, as you know, I was/still am obsessed of watching that clip when Stevie's holding my hand lol :) Can post it here again if you want, lol:

Hahaha, sorry, but I had to :)

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 (Post 852185)
I was like that for a couple of days, maybe a week, after I saw them...and thinking that I'll, probably, not be seeing them again...:(...that makes me sad. But well, as you know, I was/still am obsessed of watching that clip when Stevie's holding my hand lol :) Can post it here again if you want, lol:

Hahaha, sorry, but I had to :)

that is one of the best memories...you just really feel your own light shining when she takes her hand...:)

daniellaaarisen 11-05-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852145)

I am beyond jealous of your life. How about I just take a semester off from school if/when Mac tours when I'm in college and I follow them around for a while? A girl can dream, right?

thatgirlwasme 11-05-2009 02:06 PM

I saw them in Chicago last March and was terriblly depressed afterwards. When they announced the Milwaukee show in May I literally ran around my apartment screaming that I was going to get to see them again. Of course, after my incredible front row experience I was depressed again in May.

I have found that obsessively watching and downloading other live performances helps somewhat. Do you think we need a 12-step program :laugh:

1st step--admitting we have a problem
2nd-12 steps--watching and listening to as much Mac as possible!!!

A

steve.uk 11-05-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirlwasme (Post 852203)

I have found that obsessively watching and downloading other live performances helps somewhat. Do you think we need a 12-step program :laugh:

A

Yep, I'm still on steps 2-12 so far!
Do you think they know what they put us through?

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirlwasme (Post 852203)
I saw them in Chicago last March and was terriblly depressed afterwards. When they announced the Milwaukee show in May I literally ran around my apartment screaming that I was going to get to see them again. Of course, after my incredible front row experience I was depressed again in May.

A

I know, I flew to Arizona for the May show this year and since I had spent alot of $$ that was the only show I saw....had they come here I would have gone though...I'm ready for another one!!!!

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 852201)
I am beyond jealous of your life. How about I just take a semester off from school if/when Mac tours when I'm in college and I follow them around for a while? A girl can dream, right?

Oh, you have no idea what my life is like :distress: :eek: . But everyone is ultimately responsible for making their own happiness in life; it is never promised or handed to you. But I must admit that even though I just got back from London on Sunday, I am ready to pack my bags and go somewhere again; the trip was truly inspiring. After being a shut-in for so long, it was good to force myself out into the world like that. And my one regret in life is that I didn't take the time before/during/after college to travel and explore the world. By all means, when/if they tour again, seize the opportunity and travel the world! It would probably be more of an education than anything you learn in class.

DavidMn 11-06-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852152)
I found Minneapolis-originating flights from $1865 (tax inclusive) if you fly into Auckland, where you can rent a car and drive the rest of the way down to New Plymouth. It's only $1500 if you fly out of LAX. Come on, David... you can do it! I am finding that it is much cheaper if you fly on or around Christmas day, so if you plan accordingly, you can save some cash.

Which airline? Qantas or Air New Zealand? I have to admit if I had the money there's no doubt I'd be going to those 2 New Zealand shows. That venue looks spectacular!

Spikey 11-06-2009 01:58 PM

Heh.. Flights out of HI are cheapest to get to Oz, always more expensive if you go through LAX (I speak from a 'migrating to the US' experience).

I was on a total FM kick after I saw 'em in Tulsa.

Couple of things saved me:
1. Wife went with me and loves SN, has a FM CD permanently in her car now
2. ThrownDown.Net. Need I say more.

- Spike

HejiraNYC 11-06-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikey (Post 852440)
Heh.. Flights out of HI are cheapest to get to Oz, always more expensive if you go through LAX (I speak from a 'migrating to the US' experience).

I was on a total FM kick after I saw 'em in Tulsa.

Couple of things saved me:
1. Wife went with me and loves SN, has a FM CD permanently in her car now
2. ThrownDown.Net. Need I say more.

- Spike

Uh... not quite. On the dates I searched (leaving 12/13, returning 12/24) a RT from HNL to AKL was $1956 from multiple carriers. But the same dates leaving from LAX is $1323 via "V Australia" airlines. Never heard of V Australia though. :shrug: That is almost within the realm of being reasonable. Grrrrr... I have to take 2.5 weeks of vacation before the end of the year... and I am in serious Mac withdrawal now. :distress: Let me put it this way... if the second NZ show tickets drop, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go!

DavidMn 11-07-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852449)
Uh... not quite. On the dates I searched (leaving 12/13, returning 12/24) a RT from HNL to AKL was $1956 from multiple carriers. But the same dates leaving from LAX is $1323 via "V Australia" airlines. Never heard of V Australia though. :shrug: That is almost within the realm of being reasonable. Grrrrr... I have to take 2.5 weeks of vacation before the end of the year... and I am in serious Mac withdrawal now. :distress: Let me put it this way... if the second NZ show tickets drop, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go!

Oh hell yess you have to do it!:cool:

Spikey 11-10-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

a RT from HNL to AKL
AKL is Auckland, I'm talkin' going from HNL to Sydney or something similar via Jetstar (low budget Qantas but still very nice), then going to Auckland/etc via Air New Zealand. Been there done that ;)

For those dates you mention I doubt anything will be cheap.

V Australia.. I imagine it's Richard Branson (V for Virgin).. Googles.. yes it is.

- Spike

Street_Dreamer 11-10-2009 02:02 PM

Just think of the people who won't be able to see the band on tour this time around (like me.)

Matt

Sahara 11-10-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 852201)

I'm dreaming that dream too! It was a real exercise in extravagance for me to attend both Dublin shows but I don't regret a penny ... had I the means, I'd have followed them all over Europe. "I would go anywhere...." ;)
Having seen the Mac live, I really wish Lindsey had taken his solo show to Europe, and I'm jealous of those who went to the States to see him -- though I don't begrudge them one minute. Their boots were too good ;)

EnchantedKiwi 11-10-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852449)

I was talking to a person I know who works at Ticketmaster in Auckland and she'll be going down to work the Fleetwood Mac concert in New Plymouth.

She told me theres less than 300 General Admission tickets left for the second night and all the Gold and silver sections are completely full, I think the only way of possibly getting good seats for the New Plymouth Concert now would be too look on www.trademe.co.nz which is like the NZ version of eBay.

I'm so excited i'm going to the sydney show and new plymouth, should be amazing :) I'm tempted to go to the second new plymouth night but idk!

Sahara 11-10-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi (Post 853343)
I'm so excited i'm going to the sydney show and new plymouth, should be amazing :) I'm tempted to go to the second new plymouth night but idk!

Do it! How many more chances will you get? :thumbsup:

Also, great sig pic :nod:

EnchantedKiwi 11-10-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara (Post 853344)
Do it! How many more chances will you get? :thumbsup:

Also, great sig pic :nod:

I really should, I guess its the last concert of the tour aswell. :nod:

Gypsy-Rhiannon 11-10-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi (Post 853347)
I really should, I guess its the last concert of the tour aswell. :nod:

Def go :thumbsup:

jedw 11-10-2009 06:47 PM

I console feelings of loss with thoughts that I saw somthing in some way unique .. er silly things like the way Stevie shouted somthing approximating to "yieeehahaaa" and lept in the air, after her "what kind of band is it..." bit, or precisely which lines she emphasized the most on "storms", which was different to recordings I saw/heard of other shows.

Still .. i'd go back tomorrow if that were possible LOL.

And im still mourning the loss of Silver Springs at my show (manchester UK)

grace_face 11-10-2009 09:27 PM

Oh I so understand this. I'm right now in pre-concert excitement mode, cause I'll be sitting in the THIRD ROW on 16 December (WOOOO!), but in early 2006, after my "Week of Stevie", when we'd gone up to Brisbane to see her solo concert there, stayed in a nice hotel (actually the hotel the band used to stay in each time they'd come to Brisbane. Bit old and tired now though), then came back and saw her again 10 minutes away from where we lived 2 nights later...we waited outside afterwards and although she didn't come up and talk to us, she blew many kisses and waved...*sigh* Then we walked home and I cried for hours. Just from the overwhelming emotion of it and the intense emptiness now that the "Week of Stevie" was over...oh, so empty it was...

HejiraNYC 11-10-2009 09:28 PM

Jesus H. Christ, Kiwis, go to Ticketmaster NOW!!!!! I just bought front row center for the Sunday 12/20 show!!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG... Section B, Row A...

grace_face 11-10-2009 09:40 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! For the first time in my life, I wish I was in NZ. lol

HejiraNYC 11-10-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grace_face (Post 853400)
OH MY GOD!!!! For the first time in my life, I wish I was in NZ. lol

No offense, right? ;) NZ has always been a "bucket list" thing for me, so I just wasn't expecting it to occur so soon... All I have to do now is jump out of a plane and I'm ready to die. :lol: I'm still shaking because it's almost like destiny ruled- it was just meant to be. And I still have no idea how I'm going to get there or where I'm staying. Gah! Why oh why does this place have to be out in the middle of Nowheresville? :distress:

LikeAMagnet 11-10-2009 10:27 PM

Almost 3 weeks on I suffer still..
What does not help is being constantly surrounded by people who don't know/don't like FM.. So when I remember something funny or brilliant from the show, I turn to the nearest person to share the story, only to stop myself and go.."Yeah, they really do not give a ****"..

Boils my blood..
:laugh: