The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Well, crap!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=29387)

HomerMcvie 10-21-2006 03:50 AM

Well, crap!!!

Looks like Chris' own site forum has been hacked again!:( :( :(

Don't people have something better to do???

Gailh 10-21-2006 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 585508)
Looks like Chris' own site forum has been hacked again!:( :( :(

Don't people have something better to do???

Obviously not. Bastards! :mad: :mad:

Gail

macfan 57 10-21-2006 05:37 AM

This is ridiculous & we had a nice little discussion going too in the last day or so.

Some idiot Turkish hacker.:mad:

Gail, have you tried to contact Martin Wyatt lately?

nicepace 10-21-2006 09:43 AM

Yeah, that is so disappointing. I really enjoyed Christine's website's forum. I met a lot of nice people over there. This place (The Ledge) isn't the same -- I'm not saying anything against it, but I enjoyed having a place that was just for Chris fans. (Plus the blinking, jumping smileys at this forum very literally give me a headache -- I can only stay on this forum for about two minutes for that reason -- tell me I'm not the only person left on the internet who hates smileys!!!!!)

macfan 57 10-21-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 585553)
Yeah, that is so disappointing. I really enjoyed Christine's website's forum. I met a lot of nice people over there. This place (The Ledge) isn't the same -- I'm not saying anything against it, but I enjoyed having a place that was just for Chris fans. (Plus the blinking, jumping smileys at this forum very literally give me a headache -- I can only stay on this forum for about two minutes for that reason -- tell me I'm not the only person left on the internet who hates smileys!!!!!)

I totally agree about the Chris website forum being just for Chris fans. I guess it stayed up longer than I thought it would since it's been nearly 2 1/2 years since ITM was released. It's funny about the website itself. They only hacked into the message board, not the main site.

The smilie function doesn't bother me at all, but nicepace I think you can disable it here on the Ledge. At the bottom of the page under Posting Rules, it says smilies. Mine says ON. Maybe you can turn yours off.

Aisling 10-21-2006 12:21 PM

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!? this was NOT what i wanted to wake up and see. :distress: i guess it was the same people from the first time; .they were turkish too.

i think the reason they hacked into the forum and not the main site is because the forum is built on php and the site is just regular html. no one has updated the php in awhile, so they probably found a loophole somewhere and used it to get in. if someone had just been abe to access the forum, they could have updated it with whatever security patches were necessary! it would have taken 5 minuts. it's really upsetting. and i would use another sad smiley right now, but i don't want joanne to get a headache and leave! LOL

i hope ian makes it over here, it would be too sad if he didn't. ian if you're reading this, give us a shout!

Gailh 10-21-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 585516)
This is ridiculous & we had a nice little discussion going too in the last day or so.

Some idiot Turkish hacker.:mad:

Gail, have you tried to contact Martin Wyatt lately?

I sent him an email on the 25th September regarding the idiot troll but I haven't heard from him at all.

I am assuming that he is not concerned with the current site. This could mean that neither he or Christine is bothered about having a site or he's working on getting a new one going.

I hope it's the latter but quite honestly I think it could be the former.

Gail

Aisling 10-21-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 585614)
I sent him an email on the 25th September regarding the idiot troll but I haven't heard from him at all.

I am assuming that he is not concerned with the current site. This could mean that neither he or Christine is bothered about having a site or he's working on getting a new one going.

Gail

speaking of the troll, i never got a chance to put my plan into motion!!! i was really looking forward to that. turkish hacker, you cheated me of my sweet revenge!!!!:mad:

in terms of martin wyatt, maybe we should all try emailing again? put some friendly pressure on the situation? what does everyone think?

macfan 57 10-21-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 585610)
i think the reason they hacked into the forum and not the main site is because the forum is built on php and the site is just regular html. no one has updated the php in awhile, so they probably found a loophole somewhere and used it to get in. if someone had just been abe to access the forum, they could have updated it with whatever security patches were necessary! it would have taken 5 minuts.

Even though I don't completely understand your explanation, it does make sense.:) Maybe that's why the forum was fine until this year after that guy at Sanctuary abandoned it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 585610)
i hope ian makes it over here, it would be too sad if he didn't. ian if you're reading this, give us a shout!

Ian is registered here on the Ledge as electronicstorm. Hopefully, he'll check in here.

macfan 57 10-21-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 585614)
Gail

I hate to say it, but I think you may be right.:distress:

Aisling 10-21-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 585780)
Ian is registered here on the Ledge as electronicstorm. Hopefully, he'll check in here.

oh good. i hope so. ian, won't you come out to play? :laugh:

nicepace 10-23-2006 08:51 AM

Gail, is there an email address we could all be using to email Martin Wyatt about the site? I think if we all sent an email maybe he would notice. (Maybe not, but we can't just do nothing.) You can send me a private message if you'd rather, but I think I'd like to at least try. It's an embarrassment for Christine to have a website that hasn't been updated in over two years and a message board that's been hacked, and nobody cares except the fans. (Boo, hoo.)

My guess is that Christine has more or less forgotten she has a website. For those of us who use the internet every day for all kinds of things, it's almost hard to remember what it was like before the internet, but for Christine, that's the way it is. If she wants to know the weather forecast, she puts on the radio. Can you even imagine?

By the way, I've disabled smileys, so more headaches! All I had to do was set my browser to not display images on this site. I can't tell you what a relief this is to look at plain text that sits still. Text rules.

macfan 57 10-23-2006 11:11 AM

I don't have Mr. Wyatt's e-mail address either. Gail, if you think it might be a good idea for the rest of us to e-mail him, send me a private message.

I'm sure Chris doesn't have much if any interest in her website, although she did just recently get a laptop & was using it.

I remember in George Hawkins Q & A, he mentioned that she didn't like to communicate via e-mail since she liked to hear the sound of a human voice instead.:D

Gailh 10-23-2006 12:54 PM

I've sent a private message to a few people giving them Martin Wyatt's email address.

Homer - do you want it as well?

Gail

HomerMcvie 10-23-2006 01:01 PM

G-G-Giddyup!

electronicstorm 10-23-2006 06:45 PM

Ok, well some people just suck donkey balls! This is just so absurd! I don't get it, is it entertaining to hack sites? Wooooooo Hoooooooooo hackers you hacked a music forum, boy you're F-ing genius' now. Let me know when you hack My little pony web site too! I bet that'll be a huge accomplishment as well. Assh**es! Any who that said, I was really hoping this type of post was not going to be my first on The Ledge, but oh hell, what can I say! It's time to play at another play ground...:blob1: hehehe I like these smilies here!!

HomerMcvie 10-23-2006 06:50 PM

Welcome Ian!!!
Glad to see you made it over here!:wavey:

electronicstorm 10-23-2006 06:57 PM

:wavey: Howdy Homer! I like your sig!

HomerMcvie 10-23-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 587240)
:wavey: Howdy Homer! I like your sig!

I just like to see what I can get away with! (that's not the reason, but I can't say it in public).

macfan 57 10-24-2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 587226)
Ok, well some people just suck donkey balls! This is just so absurd! I don't get it, is it entertaining to hack sites? Wooooooo Hoooooooooo hackers you hacked a music forum, boy you're F-ing genius' now. Let me know when you hack My little pony web site too! I bet that'll be a huge accomplishment as well. Assh**es! Any who that said, I was really hoping this type of post was not going to be my first on The Ledge, but oh hell, what can I say! It's time to play at another play ground...:blob1: hehehe I like these smilies here!!

Hi Ian!:wavey:

Gailh 10-24-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 587226)

Ian - glad to see you made it over here!

Gail

PS check your private messages

Aisling 10-24-2006 12:54 PM

yay ian! :thumbsup: i miss christine's board, but i'm glad everyone is reconvening here.

electronicstorm 10-24-2006 01:53 PM

he he he he hello everyone! :wavey: :D

electronicstorm 10-24-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 585634)
speaking of the troll, i never got a chance to put my plan into motion!!! i was really looking forward to that. turkish hacker, you cheated me of my sweet revenge!!!!:mad:

in terms of martin wyatt, maybe we should all try emailing again? put some friendly pressure on the situation? what does everyone think?

Aisling, I got your email about that little creature of the night. I was totally shocked you managed to find out who he is. Now that's great detective work! Ever since you found out who it was I was just waiting for him to come back on... :nod:

Aisling 10-24-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicstorm (Post 587768)
Aisling, I got your email about that little creature of the night. I was totally shocked you managed to find out who he is. Now that's great detective work! Ever since you found out who it was I was just waiting for him to come back on... :nod:

i'm still keeping vigiliant watch. who knows where these little trolls might show up in the future!?

macfan 57 10-24-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 587782)
i'm still keeping vigiliant watch. who knows where these little trolls might show up in the future!?

Well, he is on the Ledge. How else would he have gotten the secret entrance to the message board on Christine's site?

I doubt he'll post in this forum since fortunately there are moderators on the Ledge.

Gailh 10-24-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 587807)
Well, he is on the Ledge. How else would he have gotten the secret entrance to the message board on Christine's site?

I doubt he'll post in this forum since fortunately there are moderators on the Ledge.

Yes that's true.

He hasn't got the balls to start anything here.

Gail

macfan 57 10-24-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 587808)
Yes that's true.

Gail

Just think Gail, that last user name that he used is now gone forever.;) :laugh:

Gailh 10-24-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 587810)
Just think Gail, that last user name that he used is now gone forever.;) :laugh:

Aah yes "Gail the loser" - I am so proud

Actually that didn't particularly bother me.

And although I know it caused a great deal of inconvenience when the little twerp made all those stupid postings I was glad I did get under his skin enough to make him do it

Gail

Aisling 10-24-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 587808)
Yes that's true.

Gail

i keep forgetting that the little psycho is probably skulking in the corners, watching us.

you're right, he would never start anything here . . .although it would be amusing to see him try (and then fail, miserably). christine's board was like the OK-corral- lawless, yet exciting! LOL

Gailh 10-24-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 587820)
i keep forgetting that the little psycho is probably skulking in the corners, watching us.

you're right, he would never start anything here . . .although it would be amusing to see him try (and then fail, miserably). christine's board was like the OK-corral- lawless, yet exciting! LOL

I thought we were all pretty lawful actually! (well most of us)

Gail

Aisling 10-24-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 587824)
I thought we were all pretty lawful actually! (well most of us)

Gail

considering the level of provocation we received, i'd say that's actually more to the truth. we should give ourselves a round of applause for being so level headed. :laugh:

HomerMcvie 10-24-2006 05:51 PM

Well, I'd be more upset about this, if we didn't still have the Ledge. I've always wondered anyway, how long her site would stay up(how long "someone-whoever that is" would pay for it).
And, wouldn't you think we'd get more trolls here? We seemed to get alot more trolls over there.
Anyway, I'm glad that we've still got our spot here!:xoxo:

macfan 57 10-24-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 587989)
Well, I'd be more upset about this, if we didn't still have the Ledge. I've always wondered anyway, how long her site would stay up(how long "someone-whoever that is" would pay for it).
And, wouldn't you think we'd get more trolls here? We seemed to get alot more trolls over there.
Anyway, I'm glad that we've still got our spot here!:xoxo:

I'm more upset at the way that message board ended, rather than the fact that it ended. It stayed up longer than I ever thought it would.

It is weird about the trolls on that board rather than here in this forum. I still think having a moderator here helps ALOT. There was a troll on the Ledge a few years ago (before the Chris forum began)who absolutely HATED Christine. He was unbelievably vulgar. He felt that Chris persecuted Stevie.:laugh: This was before you got here, Homer.;) I know he got at least one strike, because he complained about it. He may have eventually been banned, I'm not sure.

HomerMcvie 10-24-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 588004)
I'm more upset at the way that message board ended, rather than the fact that it ended. It stayed up longer than I ever thought it would.

It is weird about the trolls on that board rather than here in this forum. I still think having a moderator here helps ALOT. There was a troll on the Ledge a few years ago (before the Chris forum began)who absolutely HATED Christine. He was unbelievably vulgar. He felt that Chris persecuted Stevie.:laugh: This was before you got here, Homer.;) I know he got at least one strike, because he complained about it. He may have eventually been banned, I'm not sure.

Our MIA David is the one who brought me here, from Usenet(I sure miss having him here).

I know it sucks that the board has been frozen. I too, have emailed Martin. Maybe if we cross our fingers......

Are the hackers not able to hack this site though? Is it different? I guess I don't understand all the technical stuff about programming(to say the least!).

macfan 57 10-24-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 588011)
Are the hackers not able to hack this site though? Is it different? I guess I don't understand all the technical stuff about programming(to say the least!).

I'm not a tech wiz either. But I remember the Penguin(and the Ledge) was hacked into several years ago, supposedly by somebody in Portugal(maybe Eddy Quintela?:laugh: ). Then the entire site was moved to a new server. I think it's been OK since. Maybe the new server is more secure?:confused:

Gailh 10-25-2006 02:40 AM

I think having moderators helps a lot as well.

also here I don't think you can register with a hotmail type email address.

Our troll on Chris' site had several different email addresses none of which would have been allowed here.

Personally I think Christine (or Martin Wyatt) need to make their minds up whether they actually want a site or not.

Either have an updated secure site with a forum or just forget about the whole thing and we'll chat here.

Gail

macfan 57 10-25-2006 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 588245)

Personally I think Christine (or Martin Wyatt) need to make their minds up whether they actually want a site or not.

Either have an updated secure site with a forum or just forget about the whole thing and we'll chat here.

Gail

I agree. I wonder if the indecision has something to do with Chris being unsure whether she wants to ever record again. If she is totally, completely 100% retired, why would she even have a website?

Gailh 10-25-2006 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 588253)
I agree. I wonder if the indecision has something to do with Chris being unsure whether she wants to ever record again. If she is totally, completely 100% retired, why would she even have a website?

Yes I think you could be right about that.

We thought, and probably she thought, she was retired when she came back to England and then we got In the Meantime.

Maybe she really is retired now but as you say why bother with a website?

The domain name registration expires in 2007 and was first registered in 2003.

How long do registrations last? If it's two years then it must have been renewed.

Gail

Aisling 10-25-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 588004)
He felt that Chris persecuted Stevie.:laugh:

what!??!?!?! in what way!?!?!? :laugh: