The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Retracted: Peter Green Joins Rising Ska Band For Album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50879)

trackaghost 10-10-2012 08:02 AM

Retracted: Peter Green Joins Rising Ska Band For Album

--------------

Ms Moose 10-10-2012 10:53 AM

Oh My Gawd....:eek:

Ms Moose

michelej1 10-10-2012 12:41 PM

Wow. People had been wondering how and what he was doing. It seems like we're soon going to find out.

Michele

dansven 10-11-2012 05:28 AM

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I can't really see that this is going to work...:shrug:
And I'm not taking this press release too seriously. The quotes don't sound like Peter at all, I mean: "The best live band since Fleetwood Mac" - come on!

Some guitar work on a few tracks, and perhaps even a couple of gigs, yeah. But for him to join as a regular member recording and touring.... Nope.

I listened to a clip of the single "Cold Shivers" on youtube. It could be Peter playing those tones at the beginning...:shrug:

Anyway, they're nothing more than average. Having Peter on board would of course give them an advantage.

wetcamelfood 10-11-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 1065446)
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I can't really see that this is going to work...:shrug:
And I'm not taking this press release too seriously. The quotes don't sound like Peter at all, I mean: "The best live band since Fleetwood Mac" - come on!

Some guitar work on a few tracks, and perhaps even a couple of gigs, yeah. But for him to join as a regular member recording and touring.... Nope.

I listened to a clip of the sinlge "Cold Shivers" on youtube. It could be Peter playing those tones at the beginning...:shrug:

Anyway, they're nothing more than average. Having Peter on board would of course give them an advantage.

I did wonder this myself seeing what happened with PGSG but I'd like to think that organization that saved him from that situation would still be looking after his best interest and try to protect him from it happening again but who knows maybe they stop looking after those they serve after a while and since PGSG ended almost 10 years ago now that could be the cutoff point or something?

John

mzero 10-11-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

I listened to a clip of the single "Cold Shivers" on youtube. It could be Peter playing those tones at the beginning...:shrug:

on the otherhand, there were some reggae tracks from the first comeback period, give me back my freedom for example, which are quite good. well i like them is what i mean.

recall also that joe green has contributed to this forum and reported pete playing at reheasals with an earlier band of his

and one of the last times we heard from mario he'd said that pg and friends had gotten together and had played some reggae amongst other things. so maybe this isn't so far out of the realm of possibility

i can also imagine it would be great fun. some freedom to stretch out but in an ensemble setting rather than as a soloist

zero

dansven 10-11-2012 03:04 PM

I also like Give Me Back My Freedom, Peter did well on those tracks. :)
But I can't see what his role would be in this band... Standing in a corner doing guitar fill-ins?? Is he going to sing a few numbers? "Competing" with the original P45 singer, performing with his mellow, soulful voice to an audience who've never heard of Peter?:confused:

Hmmm...
I do hope it works out fine, of course!:)

Ms Moose 10-12-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

I agree totally. I find this lack of respect for PG as an artist saddening. He is being used....... again, he would never have said that. It is ok for him to play with them for the fun of it, but.....keep it in the family, please.

Ms Moose:distress:

doodyhead 10-20-2012 01:27 PM

All In The Family

just a thought

did any of you notice that Joe Green plays sax with them and is ia big part of the band.

Why wouldn't he support this cause? Joe has been a big help to peter in the past few years

doodyhead

dansven 10-20-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodyhead (Post 1066144)
just a thought

did any of you notice that Joe Green plays sax with them and is ia big part of the band.

Why wouldn't he support this cause? Joe has been a big help to peter in the past few years

doodyhead

Yes sure, Joe is a member of P45 (formerly known as The CoverUp).
Joe played sax with his uncle on "Madison Blues" (Destiny Road).
I think he had some doubts about the Peter Green & Friends project... at least he made some comment about their sax player at the time... but that is of course only my speculations...:shrug:

Anyway, Joe and P45 are hard working musicians, struggling for fame and recognition. I've seen them using Joe's relation to Peter, in promoting the band for several years now. (on sax: Joe Green, nephew of the one and only PETER GREEN of FLEETWOOD MAC).

Family or not... Peter is being used again.

Mario 10-26-2012 05:51 PM

and the news is totally wrong.........:sorry:

wetcamelfood 10-26-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066388)

So just for clarity, does this mean Peter is NOT included on this band's soon to be released recordings?

John

dansven 10-27-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066388)

Thanks you Mario! :)
It didn't really make sense at all.
I'm joining wetcamelfood in asking if Peter will be on the upcoming P45 album/single?
I thought I spotted Peter in those opening notes (0:01-0:17) on the previous single "Cold Shivers" on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJ2noCZ_Bk

Mario 10-27-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 1066413)
Thanks you Mario! :)
It didn't really make sense at all.
I'm joining wetcamelfood in asking if Peter will be on the upcoming P45 album/single?
I thought I spotted Peter in those opening notes (0:01-0:17) on the previous single "Cold Shivers" on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJ2noCZ_Bk

yes...it could be Greeny.....but I'm sure he isn't part of the band........;)

librax2 10-27-2012 01:03 PM

where did the press release come from?
Having written numerous press releases, I wouldn't be too concerned about the quotes attributed to Peter. The quoted person rarely actually says those things.

librax2 10-27-2012 01:23 PM

BTW, Mario, what is Peter up to?

Mario 10-28-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librax2 (Post 1066426)

not that much.....

He did some brilliant recordings with the "Friends" which we all hope they will see the light of the day soon or later......

but the news about Peter joining the P45 is completely false.......

dansven 10-28-2012 05:55 AM

I did download the complete "Cold Shivers" by P45, not just the short clip on youtube.
I'm 99% sure it's Peter doing some nice guitar work on it! ;)

GJK 10-29-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librax2 (Post 1066426)

Celebrating his 66th birthday today, I guess.

Congratulations on that, Greeny!

GJK

librax2 10-29-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066437)
not that much.....

He did some brilliant recordings with the "Friends" which we all hope they will see the light of the day soon or later......

but the news about Peter joining the P45 is completely false.......

Thanks, Mario.
I also noticed that the P45 website and Facebook page make no mention of Peter joining them.

Mario 10-30-2012 08:05 AM

To clear the whole matter , I have an official confirmation that press release is totally false, Peter is not playing with P45 and has no intention of doing so in future. ;)

Mario.

dansven 10-30-2012 12:38 PM

Thanks Mario!
That makes more sense! :nod:

Then what about the track "Cold Shivers"???
That really sounds like Peter....:shrug:

Mario 10-31-2012 08:14 AM

important...!!!

at request of Peter Green's lawyers, please delete/remove this thread, thanks..
Mario.

wetcamelfood 10-31-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066537)
important...!!!

at request of Peter Green's lawyers, please delete/remove this thread, thanks..
Mario.

Fair enough, but we just want to know if he played on that track, even if it ends up not getting released...

John

dansven 11-01-2012 01:13 AM

Mario, do you mean my last post or the whole thread?
I could understand that they want the false press release removed, but the rest of the thread is pretty harmless.

Anyway, it's great hear that Peter still has lawyers who care for him! :)

Mario 11-01-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 1066575)
Mario, do you mean my last post or the whole thread?
I could understand that they want the false press release removed, but the rest of the thread is pretty harmless.

Anyway, it's great hear that Peter still has lawyers who care for him! :)

no..I mean the whole thread.......the press release was totally false, Peter's guardians are not happy about it....
Mario.

Mario 11-01-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetcamelfood (Post 1066561)
Fair enough, but we just want to know if he played on that track, even if it ends up not getting released...

John

I don't know if he played on the track, but Peter isn't going to join the band and won't do so in the future.....

chriskisn 11-01-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066578)
no..I mean the whole thread.......the press release was totally false, Peter's guardians are not happy about it....
Mario.

Damn it they lawyer up pretty quickly don't they.

Mario 11-01-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1066584)
Damn it they lawyer up pretty quickly don't they.

and they are right, time flies, people never change.......taking advantage from Peter....an old, sad story....:shrug:

mzero 11-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066588)
and they are right, time flies, people never change.......taking advantage from Peter....an old, sad story....:shrug:

before the thread vanishes, thanks mario. great to hear that there are recordings of peter and friends. lets start that thread

z

dansven 11-01-2012 10:04 AM

This thread's days are numbered....... :D

Ms Moose 11-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzero (Post 1066596)
before the thread vanishes, thanks mario. great to hear that there are recordings of peter and friends. lets start that thread

z

Yes, the existence of this thread is soon to dissappear....Who will start the next one?

But great to know that recordings from this period exist. Let's hope they won't end up like all the other "mystery recordings" that never materialized......

I wish that some information would slip past the protective grid now and then...like how is he, is he playing, is he fishing, whatever......;) - But still good job any advantage-taking has been nipped in the bud....

Ms Moose :angel:

Mario 11-01-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 1066610)
Yes, the existence of this thread is soon to dissappear....Who will start the next one?

But great to know that recordings from this period exist. Let's hope they won't end up like all the other "mystery recordings" that never materialized......

I wish that some information would slip past the protective grid now and then...like how is he, is he playing, is he fishing, whatever......;) - But still good job any advantage-taking has been nipped in the bud....

Ms Moose :angel:

well I think I'm allowed to let you know that Peter is fine, playing great and that the fishing weekends are still happening.....
Mario.:D

ThePenguin 11-02-2012 11:52 AM

[Post has since been withdrawn from the website on which it appeared and seems to have been erroneous in nature]

Fleetwood Mac Legend Peter Green Joins Rising Ska Band For Album/Tour

Fleetwood Mac star Peter Green is making a fresh bid for pop success over 40 years after last topping the British charts — as part of a ska band.

The famed musician — ranked 38th in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time — was the founder member of Fleetwood Mac and achieved a number one single with the group in 1969, with guitar instrumental Albatross.

He left the band the following year and since then has become a leading name on the blues rock circuit with groups such as the Peter Green Splinter Group and Peter Green and Friends.

But now, Green, 65, is looking to assault the UK pop charts once again after deciding to "lend a strumming hand" to rising band P45.

He has described the modern ska act, which features his nephew Joe Green on saxophone, as the "best live band since Fleetwood Mac" and has collaborated with the London-based five-piece on their forthcoming album, Stories To Be Told.

P45 lead singer Jack Kendall says working with Green on the album, out next year, has been "a dream come true" for the group — whose new single Top Floor is released by to 54-46 records in November.

He said: "Peter Green is a living legend and hero to music icons such as Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher and Eric Clapton so to have him not only champion our band but join it as well is a dream come true.

"Me and the rest of P45 grew up listening to his records and it was an incredible, if slightly surreal, experience jamming with him in the studio on tracks for the new album.

"Peter's best known for his pioneering blues rock, but he's also a huge fan of reggae and ska so he had a great time improvising and contributing to songs. He's lost none of his passion for music and has told us he'd love to get back in the pop charts after so many years so hopefully we'll do him proud."

P45 was formed two years ago by former Bad Lads Army TV star Kendall along with Joe Green, guitarist Neil Reed, drummer Dustin Lee Burgess and song writer Rob Sigston — who taught Florence and the Machine bassist Mark Saunders guitar.

Signed to independent label 54-46 Records six months ago, the group has been making waves on the London music scene for their energetic, modern take on ska music.
As well counting Peter Green as a fan, P45 has been praised by the likes of The Jam's Bruce Foxton, The Beat's Dave Wakeling and BBC 2 DJ Chris Evans — who called them the "modern-day Madness".

Ska 'godfather' Suggs, lead singer with 80s chart-toppers Madness, agrees, saying that he "couldn't think of a better band to trace our foot prints."

P45's debut single, Cold Shivers — featuring Green on guitar — reached the top 10 in British reggae charts earlier this month and the band will soon be performing live with the rock icon as part of their first UK and European tour.

Speaking about his involvement with P45, Green said: "Though the blues is my first love, I'm also a huge ska and reggae fan so when I heard the songs that P45 were putting together I knew I had to get involved.

"They're all great blokes and very talented musicians, which makes working with them a pleasure. I reckon it won't be long before they break into the Top 40, taking me along with them for the ride!"

He added: "Ska music can be as soulful and powerful as the blues and the genre's definitely due for a popular revival so it's a buzz to be part of the vanguard. If anyone can bring ska back into the mainstream then it's P45."

P45's second single, Top Floor, is released on November 5 through 54-46 Record?s. For more information about P45 visit the official website at 1. www.p45band.co.uk

-Ends-

dansven 11-02-2012 11:58 AM

Haha, the original post at the beginning of this thread has been removed, but the "fake press release" is still here (above)! :blob2:

ThePenguin 11-02-2012 12:14 PM

Yes, I put it there. I can't remove the original post completely without deleting the thread in its entirety and there's no reason to delete the thread. I think the discussion about the falsity of the original report is a legitimate and informative one.

dansven 11-02-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin (Post 1066659)
Yes, I put it there. I can't remove the original post completely without deleting the thread in its entirety and there's no reason to delete the thread. I think the discussion about the falsity of the original report is a legitimate and informative one.

Very good indeed! Keep up the good work. :nod:

dino 11-03-2012 06:03 PM

The press release only seems false in the sense that someone (the band?, their manager?) tried to take advantage of Greeny for publicity.

Mario 11-04-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 1066746)
The press release only seems false in the sense that someone (the band?, their manager?) tried to take advantage of Greeny for publicity.

not only..Peter is not going to join the band and touring with them.............:shrug:

dino 11-06-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario (Post 1066778)
not only..Peter is not going to join the band and touring with them.............:shrug:

Yeah thanks Mario, not sure what I meant, really :).