The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Stevie’s behavior killed the Ledge? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58656)

Jondalar 04-11-2019 10:48 PM

Has Stevie’s behavior killed the Ledge?

People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.

mitzo 04-12-2019 05:45 AM

It is not Stevie, it is the quality of the posts here. The board has been really really ugly since the firing and many people have been trolled away. Plus who wants to log on and read the same sh!t over and over about how evil she is and how precious a victim Lindsey is? Every hour of every day for over a year?

lulu28 04-12-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1252014)
It is not Stevie, it is the quality of the posts here. The board has been really really ugly since the firing and many people have been trolled away. Plus who wants to log on and read the same sh!t over and over about how evil she is and how precious a victim Lindsey is? Every hour of every day for over a year?

Yep......:nod:

greendaze5 04-12-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Ditto! :nod:

twinmatrix 04-12-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1252011)
People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.

No, but the behavior of people on the Ledge has killed the Ledge.

BlueLight 04-12-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1252019)

Indeed. :distress:

BigAl84 04-12-2019 01:39 PM

Or here's a novel thought....there's nothing new left to discuss

It's always easy to pile on and put the blame on other factors.

Where's your initiative in starting up interesting threads of discussion?

Nicks Fan 04-12-2019 01:46 PM

Some of you seem to forget that Lindsey is a father, husband Uncle etc and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. How would you feel if someone slandered you and made baseless allegations about you and then on top of that the public comes after you as well with their own senseless attacks. I don't know anyone who has EVER said Lindsey was a saint. We are all aware of his past but as I have said before Stevie Nicks is not Mother Theresa herself and those that keep defending her like she is the victim need to stop. I am aware that people do complain allot about the firing etc but can you blame them? Every time you turn around the Band does another pathetic interview and attacks him again. People have a right to be angry and express themselves. The band hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking in a long time so what else is there to discuss if not the firing or the current stale set list. If you don't like the comments then move on. Why get all upset.

studyinscarlet 04-12-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1252011)

Nope. People are turned off by the bitterness of the Lindsey cult. I am. They're everywhere whining, moaning and attacking Stevie. It's boring as hell. Destroyed the legacy? Oh, criminy. Drama much? :lol:

studyinscarlet 04-12-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Amen. It's disgusting.

Netter75 04-12-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1252023)
Or here's a novel thought....there's nothing new left to discuss

It's always easy to pile on and put the blame on other factors.

Where's your initiative in starting up interesting threads of discussion?

I tried that a few weeks ago. I posted about Stevie's videos getting uploaded to Youtube and the reply i got was "I hope she trip. Ingrate."

That instance might be indicative why this isn't such a fun place to discuss this stuff sometimes :laugh:

mitzo 04-12-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1252024)
Some of you seem to forget that Lindsey is a father, husband Uncle etc and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. How would you feel if someone slandered you and made baseless allegations about you and then on top of that the public comes after you as well with their own senseless attacks. I don't know anyone who has EVER said Lindsey was a saint. We are all aware of his past but as I have said before Stevie Nicks is not Mother Theresa herself and those that keep defending her like she is the victim need to stop. I am aware that people do complain allot about the firing etc but can you blame them? Every time you turn around the Band does another pathetic interview and attacks him again. People have a right to be angry and express themselves. The band hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking in a long time so what else is there to discuss if not the firing or the current stale set list. If you don't like the comments then move on. Why get all upset.

What utter baloney, who is saying Stevie is a victim?!

And thanks for proving my point with your post.

mitzo 04-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1252027)
I tried that a few weeks ago. I posted about Stevie's videos getting uploaded to Youtube and the reply i got was "I hope she trip. Ingrate."

That instance might be indicative why this isn't such a fun place to discuss this stuff sometimes :laugh:

An excellent case in point. Anything anyone does gets sabotaged by a troll brigade.

markolas 04-13-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmatrix (Post 1252019)

Yes, and it started way before Lindsey got fired. The nasty misogyny of some Ledgies had me avoiding the Ledge for some time. With Lindsey’s firing, that ratcheted up 1000x and there is no room for any thoughtful discussion. You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.

markolas 04-13-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

If you don't like the comments then move on.
A lot of us have done precisely that. Don’t run everyone off and then bellyache about how no one comes to the Ledge anymore (which is exactly what the OP is doing).

sue 04-13-2019 10:59 AM

The thing that really gets me , you cannot show any leaning or slight bias towards Stevie.
I am a FMac fan above all, so don’t have strong feelings that Stevie is all bad or Lindsey is all good and vice versa.
I do feel sometimes, I would like to air a view but don’t as I think I will get shot down and don’t relish that, as I’m not here to argue with anyone.
This makes the Ledge an unbalanced forum especially the Rumours pages...

Jondalar 04-13-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 1252035)
A lot of us have done precisely that. Don’t run everyone off and then bellyache about how no one comes to the Ledge anymore (which is exactly what the OP is doing).

So Stevie’s behavior has caused this. People have a right to complain against people who are acting badly. You could say that the people who keep calling out Stevie are part of a Resistance movement and are not completely brainwashed. Had Stevie not behaved so badly then people would not be hating on her.

MikeInNV 04-13-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1252037)
People have a right to complain against people who are acting badly.

People tout their right to complain about Stevie like it's written in the Constitution, but complaining about the behavior of trolls gets you nowhere....they're seemingly revered around here.

Jondalar 04-13-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1252038)
People tout their right to complain about Stevie like it's written in the Constitution, but complaining about the behavior of trolls gets you nowhere....they're seemingly revered around here.

They’re not revered around here. Frankly, I think a lot of people left the Ledge because they no longer like Stevie or Fleetwood Mac. I have a love/hate relationship with her.

markolas 04-13-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

You could say that the people who keep calling out Stevie are part of a Resistance movement and are not completely brainwashed.

Do you not see how crazy that sounds? This isn’t World War II, Tokyo Rose.

gypsy333 04-13-2019 01:15 PM

It has become Game of Trolls...:laugh:

mitzo 04-13-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

So Stevie’s behavior has caused this. People have a right to complain against people who are acting badly. You could say that the people who keep calling out Stevie are part of a Resistance movement and are not completely brainwashed. Had Stevie not behaved so badly then people would not be hating on her.

Sorry Jondalar but this is exactly what we mean. Your post shows how far gone this place is. Who the fukc would even try to reason with this especially when it infiltrates every fukcing thread here?

BigAl84 04-13-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 1252041)
Do you not see how crazy that sounds? This isn’t World War II, Tokyo Rose.

No it's not a world war. Its mainly the result of folks who have been major fans for 10, 15, 20+ years who witnessed the behavior of somebody and saw for themselves what it really meant and disagreed with what occured. Many folks have become vocal about it or flat out left.

On principal we shouldnt have to use the block feature, but it is there for a distinct purpose which the moderatorsof this board have pointed out recently.

All of that said....despite however you feel, it still shouldnt stop anyone from creating new discussion topics. Instead of creating threads about negativity, create a thread about something you would rather talk about. Simple as that. Instesd of complaining, practice what you preach and talk about whatever stevie topic you want.

mitzo 04-13-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1252047)
No it's not a world war. Its mainly the result of folks who have been major fans for 10, 15, 20+ years who witnessed the behavior of somebody and saw for themselves what it really meant and disagreed with what occured. Many folks have become vocal about it or flat out left.

On principal we shouldnt have to use the block feature, but it is there for a distinct purpose which the moderatorsof this board have pointed out recently.

All of that said....despite however you feel, it still shouldnt stop anyone from creating new discussion topics. Instead of creating threads about negativity, create a thread about something you would rather talk about. Simple as that. Instesd of complaining, practice what you preach and talk about whatever stevie topic you want.

Start new threads guys!:blob2::blob1: And immediately get trashed and trolled!:woohoo::woohoo:

sue 04-13-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1252049)
Start new threads guys!:blob2::blob1: And immediately get trashed and trolled!:woohoo::woohoo:

Agreed.
Exactly what I said a few hours ago...

Jondalar 04-13-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1252047)

Right. I have been a fan for over 3 decades and have bought multiple copies of albums just to support Fleetwood Mac and Stevie. Like many people, I waited for them to get back together and do that one final album, and Stevie stopped that and then got the most artistic member who crafted their success kicked out of the band over something petty. She deserves all the hate she get.

BigAl84 04-13-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

you can ignore or block people. end of story!

Feather Blade 04-13-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Umm, so people who happen to have an opinion different from yours are all brainwashed? Sigh...so much for reasonable discussion.

BigAl84 04-13-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1252054)
Umm, so people who happen to have an opinion different from yours are all brainwashed? Sigh...so much for reasonable discussion.

And people who have a different opinion from yours is responsible for the lack of participation in this forum and driving people away?

https://media.giphy.com/media/S7EBSPPVrigiA/giphy.gif

BigAl84 04-13-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Ok so what's your solution? What do you want to see happen?
Starting new threads with positive discussion apparently isn't an option, so tell me what do you want? How are you going to help this situation besides creating or adding to threads that focus on lamenting about the issue?

mitzo 04-14-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1252060)
Starting new threads with positive discussion apparently isn't an option, so tell me what do you want? How are you going to help this situation besides creating or adding to threads that focus on lamenting about the issue?

We could ask the same of the troll brigade here. Talk about lamenting an issue.

The board's descent into madness and likely death is largely due to the fact that there is never action against trolling.

BigAl84 04-14-2019 07:49 AM

And I will ask you AGAIN....your behavior is doing exactly what to help the situation?

It sounds like right now you are telling me the only thing you want to do right now is to complain. ok, got it.

MikeInNV 04-14-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1252060)
Starting new threads with positive discussion apparently isn't an option, so tell me what do you want?

Starting new threads with positive discussion would be an option if certain individuals would limit their Stevie-bashing to the threads dedicated to it and stay on topic when someone wants to discuss something else.

BigAl84 04-14-2019 09:43 AM

No,it's clear as crystal that it's a definitive choice by others to play the victim. There's an obvious solution here. Block all these folks who you think are part of a "troll brigade" and carry on with your discussion. If somebody says something you don't like, you don't even have to acknowledge it, ignore it.

But the problem with that solution is it would leave a whole lot of folks with nothing to complain about. It sure is much more fun to create an entire thread about how others ruined the Stevie Nicks forum. It's ironic because behavior like this is fueling the fire for the alleged "troll brigade"...and I'm guessing that's what folks want. Kick up another brushfire so we can all sit around and point fingers.

I will get out of the way, please commence.

michelej1 04-14-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1252071)
We could ask the same of the troll brigade here. Talk about lamenting an issue.

The board's descent into madness and likely death is largely due to the fact that there is never action against trolling.

Oh, there’s plenty of action against trolling, just not the type you’d prefer.

vivfox 04-15-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 1252034)
You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.

LOL what a ridiculous statement. I love Stevie. Sure, I was angry with her for a couple of months but then I got over it. I have always been a fan of Fleetwood Mac since I was 15 and I'm 57 now. You might have never been a true fan. As you stated yourself you haven't been around here for a while. I on the other hand have never gone away. To me The Ledge is alive and well. On the first day of the current tour I posted youtube videos from the Tulsa show and thousands of people viewed and discussed them. When the news first broke about Lindsey, thousands more flocked to The Ledge to discuss it. This is definitely a happening place. I have been very impressed by the amount of old time Ledgies that have come back to give their take on the LB situation.

petep9000 04-15-2019 10:46 AM

I think message boards have sort of diminished in our age of social networking like Tumbr, Instagram, Facebook etc, and maybe Reddits too.

goyourownway 04-15-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petep9000 (Post 1252095)
I think message boards have sort of diminished in our age of social networking like Tumbr, Instagram, Facebook etc, and maybe Reddits too.

I’ve been an observer on this forum for many years, and rarely ever respond. However, this compelled me to figure out my password.

In addition to other members’ comments on the quality of postings diminishing over the years, I believe the statement above is also correct. This type of platform is quite archaic.

In order to get to the quality information, one must wade through endless posts of petty name-calling and conjecture. And while there appears to be some useful discourse, most of it is a reminder of how limited the human race is, in capacity for thought and communication. And that’s a blanket statement regardless of which FM camp you belong to.:wavey:

sue 04-15-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goyourownway (Post 1252097)
I’ve been an observer on this forum for many years, and rarely ever respond. However, this compelled me to figure out my password.

In addition to other members’ comments on the quality of postings diminishing over the years, I believe the statement above is also correct. This type of platform is quite archaic.

In order to get to the quality information, one must wade through endless posts of petty name-calling and conjecture. And while there appears to be some useful discourse, most of it is a reminder of how limited the human race is, in capacity for thought and communication. And that’s a blanket statement regardless of which FM camp you belong to.:wavey:

You make a really good point here, however I think the main protagonists
don’t post on Stevie’s pages, maybe they do read them and will get some of the message...

Jondalar 04-15-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goyourownway (Post 1252097)

I feel like you are calling me a chimp.