The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   List of Covers (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53835)

welcomechris 06-20-2014 08:49 PM

List of Covers

Here is the list if I missed any feel free to add on for me. (not including interview covers)

Fritz - Born To Be Wild
Fleetwood Mac - Blue Monday
Fritz - What The World Needs Now
Mick Fleetwood's Zoo - You Weren't In Love
Fleetwood Mac - Do You Wanna Dance
Fleetwood Mac - I've Been Loving You Too Long
Fleetwood Mac - What The World Needs Now
Buckingham Nicks - Djando
Fleetwood Mac - Cool Water
Fleetwood Mac - The Farmer's Daughter
Fleetwood Mac - Blue Letter
Fleetwood Mac - Love Minus Zero/No Limit
Stevie Nicks - Cry Wolf
Stevie Nicks - Free Fallin'
Stevie Nicks - It's Late
Christine McVie - Can't Help Falling In Love
Stevie Nicks - Just Like A Woman
Stevie Nicks - Reconsider Me
Stevie Nicks - Rock And Roll
Stevie Nicks - Silent Night
Lindsey Buckingham - To Try For The Sun
Lindsey Buckingham - Big Yellow Taxi
Lindsey Buckingham - Gotta Get Away
Lindsey Buckingham - A Satisfied Mind
Lindsey Buckingham - She Smiled Sweetly
Lindsey Buckingham - Blue Turns To Grey
Lindsey Buckingham/Carol Ann Harris - It Was I
Lindsey Buckingham - The Singer not the Song
Christine McVie & Fleetwood Mac - Crazy Bout' You Baby
Christine McVie - I'd Rather Go Blind
Christine McVie - I'm Too Far Gone
Christine McVie - I Want You
Lindsey Buckingham - All My Sorrows
Lindsey Buckingham - This Nearly Was Mine
Lindsey Buckingham - I Am Waiting
Mick Fleetwood's Zoo - Not Fade Away

WildHearted 06-20-2014 10:39 PM

Blue Letter, sort of? Although I think their recording came out before the writers' recording did, so I'm not sure if that counts as a cover then.

lbfan 06-21-2014 05:12 AM

LB Led Covers

Below is a list From the LB Forum from one of my posts a while back:
September Song - L&O
A Satisfied Mind - L&O
It Was I - L&O
Django - BN
Blue Monday - Mirage Outtakes
Cool Water - B-side
Teen Beat - FM 25 Years
All My Sorrows - OOTC
This Nearly Was Mine - OOTC
Love Minus Zero/No Limit - SYW Deluxe
I Am Waiting - UTS
To Try For The Sun - UTS
Gotta Get Away - GOS Demo
Blue Turns To Gray - GOS Demo
She Smiled Sweetly - GOS Demo
Singer Not The Song - GOS Demo
Blue Letter - FM (not LB solo)
Farmers Daughter - FM
Big Yellow Taxi
Here Comes The Sun - Live TV show
Louie Louie - live radio show

Villavic 06-21-2014 11:16 AM

Where is this song??

brickney723 06-21-2014 01:04 PM

You Weren't in Love- The Zoo - but Lindsey either picked it or sings/plays on it or both. Can't remember the exact story.

welcomechris 06-21-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1132716)

Where is this song??

That is fritz

PenguinHead 06-22-2014 01:18 AM

I completely forgot about the b-side Cool Water, even though I bought and still have the single. Not sure if I have it in digital form. Is it inappropriate for someone to post it? A truly obscure Fleetwood Mac recording/cover. It should have been included on The Chain box set, along with Teen Beat!

Phoenixgypsy 06-29-2014 01:41 PM

I never understood why Stevie covered Dave Matthews' "Crash into Me" for Soundstage. I, personally, didn't think this fit Stevie. I wish Christine's "I Can't Help Falling In Love" would be released on cd someday...I have it from vinyl..but not the best copy.

Josh2003 06-29-2014 01:55 PM

Fleetwood Mac - For Your Love

PenguinHead 06-30-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 1132699)
Below is a list From the LB Forum from one of my
Teen Beat - FM 25 Years

I never thought Teen Beat was a cover song. If so, what artist did the original?

chriskisn 07-01-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1133486)
I never thought Teen Beat was a cover song. If so, what artist did the original?

Wasn't it written by Lindsey and Richard Dashut?

chriskisn 07-01-2014 12:08 AM

I'm on a computer without FM songs on it, but would Coventry Carol count for Christine too? Not strictly a cover...

PoetofRhiannon 07-01-2014 01:21 PM

"I Still Miss Someone (Blue Eyes)" - Stevie Nicks

FuzzyPlum 07-01-2014 01:54 PM

Mick Fleetwood (MF's Zoo):
Angel Come Home
You Might Need Somebody
Just Because
Tonight

KarmaContestant 07-01-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1133487)
Wasn't it written by Lindsey and Richard Dashut?

It was. It's easy to mistake as a cover, though, as there are other tracks of a similar style also called Teen Beat.

Like this one:

Johnny Stew 07-01-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1132716)

Where is this song??

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1132723)
That is fritz

You have it on the list twice, once credited to Fritz and once credited to Fleetwood Mac. ;)

PenguinHead 07-01-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1133423)
I wish Christine's "I Can't Help Falling In Love" would be released on cd someday...I have it from vinyl..but not the best copy.

Yes! Christine's cover of that song is so sweet. It's essentially a Fleetwood Mac song -- I recall that most of the musicians (and associates) in the band. In that regard it's similar to 'Roll With Me Henry. I love those versions.

Christine does justice to the songs she covers, and she makes them her own.

teedeerocks 07-01-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1133423)
I never understood why Stevie covered Dave Matthews' "Crash into Me" for Soundstage. I, personally, didn't think this fit Stevie. I wish Christine's "I Can't Help Falling In Love" would be released on cd someday...I have it from vinyl..but not the best copy.

Power,power,power!She told someone she liked the tune and would love to do it and the person said "you can't-it's a guy song"(paraphrasing).So then she was on a mission-she HAD to do it just to say"the f**k I can't-watch me!"I actually never liked the song until I heard her version.I think it's awesome.:D

hollywoodhoggie 07-02-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1133553)
Power,power,power!She told someone she liked the tune and would love to do it and the person said "you can't-it's a guy song"(paraphrasing).So then she was on a mission-she HAD to do it just to say"the f**k I can't-watch me!"I actually never liked the song until I heard her version.I think it's awesome.:D

I agree. I never liked DMB, but love that song after she did it for SS.

MikeInNV 07-02-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

She was originally supposed to do it with Dave Matthews, but when he had to cancel she decided she could do it alone.

MoonSister75 07-03-2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

Yes it is! I adore her version of that song, and her soundstage performance is out of this world. It is a really unusual choice for her, but she does it so well - its bewitching!! :) Its great to hear/see her do something completely different. Interesting to hear a bit of background info as to how it came about.

SisterNightroad 03-24-2018 06:05 AM

8 of the best Fleetwood Mac cover versions, from Eva Cassidy to Lissie

Fleetwood Mac are one of the most fascinating groups of all time.

They've had about 3,258 different eras and lineup changes over the years, but at the heart of it all, they've always released incredible music.

This has obviously led to countless artists recording their own takes on their favourite Mac tracks. Here are just a few of our favourites...

1. The Corrs - 'Dreams'

This Stevie Nicks-penned track from Rumours became a big hit for Irish family group The Corrs in 1999.

The siblings put their own Celtic twang on the song, and it peaked at number six in the UK chart.

2. Florence + the Machine - 'The Chain'

How can you cover 'The Chain'?!, you ask. Quite a number of artists have tried to put their own spin on the epic rock classic.

Our favourite has to be this live version at Glastonbury Festival in 2010 - the perfect tune for a summer's day in mud.

3. Paramore - 'Everywhere'

Pop punk band Paramore started playing this 1980s pop classic during their live sets in 2017, and who can blame them?

The feel good track suits the Hayley Williams-fronted band's sound perfectly.

4. Dixie Chicks - 'Landslide'

Another heartbreaking ballad by Stevie Nicks, country trio Dixie Chicks scored a huge hit with their cover in 2002.

Reaching the top 10 in the States, lead singer Natalie Maines said she was attracted to the song as she was then the same age that Nicks was when she initially performed it.

5. Elton John - 'Don't Stop'

One of the most famous tracks on Rumours, it's always going to be hard to live up to such an anthem.

But Elton gave it a good go in 1998 with a funky version for the Fleetwood Mac tribute album Legacy.

6. Eva Cassidy - 'Songbird'

Arguably the most famous Fleetwood Mac cover version of all time, this is a truly beautiful song that might even have bettered the original!

Eva's version was released in 1998 on her posthumous album of the same name. Despite being released two years after her death, the album went on to reach number 1 in the UK in 2001. Her version can also be heard in Love Actually.

7. Lissie - 'Go Your Own Way'

Many people have noticed the similarities between American singer Lissie's voice with Stevie Nicks, and some of her own songs have a certain Fleetwood Mac quality about them.

She must have heard this a lot, as she recorded her own version of 'Go Your Own Way', and it's brilliant.

8. Goo Goo Dolls - 'I Don't Want to Know'

This was another track from the tribute album Legacy in 1998, recorded by American rock band Goo Goo Dolls.

The band totally transformed the folk-rock ditty into a fully fledged 1990s indie rock anthem, and it works perfectly.

http://www.smoothradio.com/features/...od-mac-covers/

FuzzyPlum 03-25-2018 01:21 PM

Songbird as played by John Frusciante from RHCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0kzuvf_Z0

Strangely he sounds rather like Christine when you close your eyes.

hausermd 03-26-2018 10:10 AM

Mick Fleetwood's Zoo - Angel Come Home

jbrownsjr 03-26-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hausermd (Post 1221348)

I love that song.

FuzzyPlum 03-26-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hausermd (Post 1221348)

I love that song and particularly love the video too.