The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac (Rumours) and Michael Jackson (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=40780)

sywlindseyfan 06-26-2009 01:27 PM

Fleetwood Mac (Rumours) and Michael Jackson

jbrownsjr 06-26-2009 01:46 PM

There's also video of Christine presenting MJ with a grammy...

GoldDustBoy 06-26-2009 02:58 PM

^^^

Here is the video. I don't know how to embed the thing unfortunately :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVOBnUs6hc

sywlindseyfan 06-26-2009 03:25 PM

wheart 06-26-2009 03:31 PM

I remember watching the Clinton performance with a friend of mine and we just died laughing when Stevie started snapping her fingers and waving her arms right in front of MJ, like he wasn't even there! Nobody was gonna out shine Stevie!

sywlindseyfan 06-26-2009 04:21 PM

I love Christines bopping to the music, she is just soo amazing and so very classy

michelej1 06-26-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 828026)
I love Christines bopping to the music, she is just soo amazing and so very classy

I still have that whole Grammy show on tape. Of course, it's beta.

Michele

gldstwmn 06-26-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 828000)

That gives me chills today for a variety of reasons. Was that Chuck Berry doing the duck walk by Stevie at the end? :laugh:

lacesundone 06-26-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 828026)

I miss Christine.:distress:

michelej1 06-26-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 828037)
That gives me chills today for a variety of reasons. Was that Chuck Berry doing the duck walk by Stevie at the end? :laugh:

I would love to see the part where they are taking the stage. I think there was just a little segment of it on Disney's Going Home. Mick talked about it. He said he choked up, because when he looked around both Christine/John and Stevie/Lindsey were holding hands. All the video of the performance I have cuts the part of them getting to the stage out.

Michele

David 06-26-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 828037)
That gives me chills today for a variety of reasons.

I . . . think I know what you mean, Chris.

Have we decided what's live & what's Memorex in this thing? I think they're all singing live, but what about the instruments? I don't think Chris is playing either piano or organ/pad. Those are prerecorded. What about the guitar & bass? Drums? Christine referred a few times to laying down tracks for DON'T STOP at the time. I have a hunch they put down the basic tracks in a studio for this very important appearance.

CADreaming 06-26-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 828051)

Have we decided what's live & what's Memorex in this thing? I think they're all singing live, but what about the instruments? I don't think Chris is playing either piano or organ/pad. Those are prerecorded. What about the guitar & bass? Drums? Christine referred a few times to laying down tracks for DON'T STOP at the time. I have a hunch they put down the basic tracks in a studio for this very important appearance.

That's what I thought too. Lindsey's guitar playing looked off. And, Stevie said they taped her tambourine so that it wouldn't make noise and she thought Clinton must have been like, wth are you giving this dead tambo to me for? LOL. It may not be the most important instrument in the world, but she can play it...

EnchantedKiwi 06-26-2009 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Saw this on page 2 of todays New Zealand Herald

GODDESS6 06-27-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi (Post 828063)

cool, i would love to find a copy of this~

Enchanted_Stevi 06-27-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

SWEET! Stevie made news with MJ =P

GoldDustBoy 06-27-2009 07:22 AM

I just remembered that Stevie said in a recent interview that Michael asked her to send him the brightest skin cream foundation she had, and she did. He sent it back to her with a note that it wasn't bright enough.

BellaDonna 06-27-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy (Post 828095)
I just remembered that Stevie said in a recent interview that Michael asked her to send him the brightest skin cream foundation she had, and she did. He sent it back to her with a note that it wasn't bright enough.

I remember that!!! :lol:

michelej1 06-27-2009 12:56 PM

Six degrees of separation, it was strange to watch Sheryl Crow performing with Michael Jackson. I couldn't even recognize her young facial features under all the make up. Rest assured the Crow will also be tapped for an interview if anything happens to Stevie.

Michele

GoldDustBoy 06-27-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 828115)
Six degrees of separation, it was strange to watch Sheryl Crow performing with Michael Jackson. I couldn't even recognize her young facial features under all the make up. Rest assured the Crow will also be tapped for an interview if anything happens to Stevie.

Michele

I just watched a video of Michael and Sheryl preforming I Just can't Stop Loving You live in '87. Her hair is H U G E. Now who could have inspired her? :rolleyes:

P.S. Lindsey was on We Are The World.

gldstwmn 06-27-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 828051)

Lindseys' guitar part sounds a bit high. And I don't know why Chris's keyboard isn't prominent enough IMO. That may have been the way it was mixed for our now archaic televisions back in the day. The vocals sound live and fine. But the mix really wasn't what I was talking about. It was how even though many feel that was one of Stevie's low points, she still looked beautiful and had that sparkle in her eye when she turned to look at Lindsey to sing the "I never meant any harm to you" part. It also makes me love and miss Chris tremendously. I love that John McVie incoporated a baseball cap into his formal wear. Lindsey's genuine smile was a thing to behold. And there's one thing that I'm pretty sure wasn't laid down in a studio for this performance: the ever solid bass and drums of Fleetwood/McVie. The band kept playing with such grace as the stage got ever more crowded. It has taken me all these years to really appreciate the clip. One day, some of us are going to be sitting here talking about them... I can't even type the words.
Also and unrelated, damn with the passage of time my seeming inablity to give the apostrophe it's proper home. I'm too old and lazy I guess. Sigh.

michelej1 06-27-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 828145)
It was how even though many feel that was one of Stevie's low points, she still looked beautiful and had that sparkle in her eye when she turned to look at Lindsey to sing the "I never meant any harm to you" part.

My favorite part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 828145)
One day, some of us are going to be sitting here talking about them... I can't even type the words.

Well, it's true. And the sad thing is the media is not going to support us in our grief. We will care, but the world really won't and that's going to hurt. Having a newspaper clipping from Rolling Stone is not going to be enough. It will be a monumental loss here, but not so much anywhere else and that feels hollow and unsatisfying.

There was a time when Sonny Bono couldn't even get a little guest starring role on Fantasy Island anymore. He was a footnote. Then, he became mayor. Made the House of Representatives and the next thing I know his death had national coverage. I never in a million years thought that would happen. I turned 3 tvs to different channels and I just walked from room to room in my house and listened to them talk about him on every network. Mindboggling. Something happens to Lindsey and that's going to be a blurb they run in text across the bottom of the CNN screen. It makes me feel empty to think about.

You have to yield the right of way to a funeral procession in traffic. I think the world should stop a little for all of us when we die. There should be some kind of outward acknowledgement of the inner death our loved ones will feel. Having a public stamp on grief is strangely satisfying.

I guess, Out Out has haunted me since grammar school: "Since they were not the ones dead, They returned each to their own tasks."

Michele

SteveMacD 06-27-2009 06:25 PM

I'm shocked nobody's posted THIS gem.

(Ironically, given all of Lindsey's support group jargon that he uses on stage, he is under the the two "A"s.)

sywlindseyfan 06-27-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 828157)

(Ironically, given all of Lindsey's support group jargon that he uses on stage, he is under the the two "A"s.)

Well i was Just about to do that today, but you seemed to beat me to it.....eh its ok hahaha i knew I though of it, and I am glad another fan did too.

sywlindseyfan 06-27-2009 06:46 PM

Theres our guy at 6:05

wewerefrail 06-27-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 828157)

That hair never ceases to startle me. You can see him through the whole thing because of it, yay Lindsey!

gldstwmn 06-27-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wewerefrail (Post 828161)
That hair never ceases to startle me. You can see him through the whole thing because of it, yay Lindsey!

It makes him taller than everyone else. :laugh:

daniellaaarisen 06-27-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 828154)
Well, it's true. And the sad thing is the media is not going to support us in our grief. We will care, but the world really won't and that's going to hurt. Having a newspaper clipping from Rolling Stone is not going to be enough. It will be a monumental loss here, but not so much anywhere else and that feels hollow and unsatisfying.

I think about this all the time, especially since I am so much younger than the Mac generation. I am going to be a BASKET CASE when we start losing members of Mac, especially Stevie... I mean, a total basket case. Although some older people I know will somewhat understand, even they will probably not come close to grasping how monumental of a loss we really will be facing.... let alone my own generation.

Ugh, this gives me chills just to think about.

ILoveFM 06-27-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 828184)
I think about this all the time, especially since I am so much younger than the Mac generation. I am going to be a BASKET CASE when we start losing members of Mac, especially Stevie... I mean, a total basket case. Although some older people I know will somewhat understand, even they will probably not come close to grasping how monumental of a loss we really will be facing.... let alone my own generation.

Ugh, this gives me chills just to think about.

Me too! Reading these post made me cry my eyes out! I'm only 18 years old and people my age will not understand what a lose it will be when anything happenes to anyone in Fleetwood Mac. I can't imagine how awful that day will be and I pray it won't happen for a really long time.

danax6 06-28-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

The poor people of New Zealand that had to wake up to that picture in the paper this morning...