The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Gypsy" video to be released on DVD (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46905)

Johnny Stew 04-30-2011 04:12 PM

"Gypsy" video to be released on DVD

Three episodes of the VH1 Classic series 'Music Video Exposed,' are being released on DVD in June. Each disc is supposed to contain 11 videos, as well as interviews with the artists and the featured director.

Here's a link to the Russell Mulcahy disc, which features "Gypsy":
Music Video Exposed: The Groundbreaking Videos of Russell Mulcahy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510TgfMuzbL.jpg

TrueFaith77 04-30-2011 04:36 PM

I wish they had asked Armond White to do the liner notes.

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 04:38 PM

OMG Gypsy on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :] :] :]

Heartboy 04-30-2011 04:44 PM

I'd rather see it on a Stevie or MAC DVD collection!:nod:

Silver Springs 04-30-2011 04:45 PM

I wish they'd release the entire Fleetwood Mac DVD collection on DVD. It could be quite a money spinner for them, as well as save me from going crazy when trying to find a video of theirs online that isn't of piss poor quality.

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 04:46 PM

Yeah, like Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD/CD combo...

mylittledemon 04-30-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974836)

Mick wouldn't have let that happen. ;)

Silver Springs 04-30-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974836)

If they approached it well it could be a really good project for them. I just wish they'd pull their fingers out and make some new music videos for Say You Will, or even the supposed new album they've been working on (possibly mythologically) for years. Having said that, I think music videos themselves these days are quite a turn off for a lot of fans who don't follow mainstream music. Videos have a tendency to cheapen, and I for one don't fancy seeing Mick, John and Lindsey rolling up in roofless car dripping in bling that's "full o' Ho's".

WildHearted 04-30-2011 05:41 PM

YES. I am so ready to have this in good quality.

I, too, think it would be really nice (and good $$) for FM to release a DVD compilation of their videos.

mylittledemon 04-30-2011 05:46 PM

Well, you know, being a film director I often wonder if he actually shot the video in widescreen, and if so, we've never actually seen that version.

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 05:58 PM

You can fit about 13 music videos on a DVD, a la Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD which has 13 music videos all w/commentary by Stevie. Actually its a 1 CD, 1 DVD set.

Fleetwood Mac could very well do something like this. Release a 2-disc set, a CD mix of studio and live songs and DVD containing all the Mac music videos with commentary by Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey (I doubt John/Christine would be interested). Add a few hidden gems (like the making of Bella Donna on Crystal Visions) and there you go!

Silver Springs 04-30-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 974868)
You can fit about 13 music videos on a DVD, a la Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD which has 13 music videos all w/commentary by Stevie. Actually its a 1 CD, 1 DVD set.

Fleetwood Mac could very well do something like this. Release a 2-disc set, a CD mix of studio and live songs and DVD containing all the Mac music videos with commentary by Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey (I doubt John/Christine would be interested). Add a few hidden gems (like the making of Bella Donna on Crystal Visions) and there you go!

Oh yeah. I can hear John's commentary now.

John: There's me......Me again....Some bloke....Another bloke....I wasn't in that one.....Me again....Done. Right. Where's my pay cheque?

Sahara 04-30-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 974839)
I just wish they'd pull their fingers out and make some new music videos for Say You Will, or even the supposed new album they've been working on (possibly mythologically) for years.

The "videos" for SYW were woeful. What a missed opportunity! :(

michelej1 04-30-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

And give us that "Making of Gypsy" and "Making of Big Love" footage they had too.

I've accused Mick of being mercenary, but he really must not be because they're so many sources of income they haven't tapped. It's like when their marketing people get together their first and last brainstorming idea is to repackage Rumours somehow.

Michele

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 974887)
And give us that "Making of Gypsy" and "Making of Big Love" footage they had too.Michele

Ooooh! I didn't know about those! Yeah put those on there!

SuperFleetwood 04-30-2011 07:49 PM

tell dave stewart to tell stevie, stevie goes and tells mick, mick makes a deal with warner brothers!

Heartboy 04-30-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Fleetwood Mac could very well do something like this. Release a 2-disc set

It's very possible to do this, in fact it is!

Reba Mc... (my spelling sucks at the moment) released a two DVD set of all her music video's a few years back. Is she thru Warner Brothers?

MacShadowsBall 04-30-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartboy (Post 975026)
Is she thru Warner Brothers?

According to wikipedia, her last album (Nov 2010) was w/Starstruck/Valory which seems to be part of Universal Music Group (UMG).

Edit: Actually UMG is the distributor. She's with Big Machine Records.

darklinensuit 05-01-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 974837)
Mick wouldn't have let that happen. ;)

I just flashed back to those '91 radio interviews where she bashes him over "Silver Springs". "He does NOT know what he's up against.":lol:

- Jake

mylittledemon 05-01-2011 04:52 AM

haha! yeah well, looks like he won that battle ;)

SuperFleetwood 05-01-2011 07:21 AM

and they should release largo 1979, and the cleveland show 1980, on dvd!

StreetAngel86 05-03-2011 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara (Post 974872)
The "videos" for SYW were woeful. What a missed opportunity! :(

can you IMAGINE the RTTG video clip?????? :eek:
or EFO with a FULL orchestra and just recorded live

or a COME video clip ..... :D:D:D

Villavic 05-03-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 974818)

Not sure if I got the correct setlist but it sounds great!! Hope there will be more FM videos if they release future volumes

1 Billy Joel - Allentown
2 Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
3 The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
4 Duran Duran - Rio
5 Duran Duran - Wild Boys
6 Elton John - I'm Still Standing
7 Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy
8 Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
9 Queen - A Kind of Magic
10 Rod Stewart - Young Turks
11 Spandau Ballet - True
12 Spandau Ballet - Chant No.1
13 Culture Club - The War Song
14 Elton John - Elton's Song
15 Supertramp - It's Raining Again
16 Ultravox - Vienna
17 Ultravox - The Voice
18 Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

MacShadowsBall 09-07-2011 09:21 PM

I wonder if anybody here bought it. It would be great to have a clear copy of "Gypsy" on Youtube.

...though it probably wouldn't be long before it would be taken down. :shrug:

GoldDustWoman22 09-07-2011 09:39 PM

Hey guys I actually got the DVD. The quality of "Gypsy" is amazing! Before I had only seen it on youtube and now with the DVD I feel like I'm actually there! Also there's a really good extended interview with Mick that is amazing...:xoxo:. He gives some good insight into the making of the video and what it was like to be on set. I don't know how to upload from a DVD and I'm not sure how much of the quality of the DVD would be retained. However, I would be happy to upload it if someone was willing to tell me how:nod:. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

MacShadowsBall 09-07-2011 10:08 PM

That's great that you got the DVD! I'm sure somebody here can help in getting it on youtube. Quality might be affected, but I've seen some fairly high quality "old" videos on youtube. :cool:

GoldDustWoman22 09-07-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1015230)
That's great that you got the DVD! I'm sure somebody here can help in getting it on youtube. Quality might be affected, but I've seen some fairly high quality "old" videos on youtube. :cool:

That would be great!! I would love to share it with you guys. I feel a tad guilty having the quality of the video all to myself :p. But seriously if anyone knows how to do it feel free to PM me and hopefully I can figure this whole uploading business out :thumbsup:

pwyll 09-07-2011 10:23 PM

Is it widescreen?

GoldDustWoman22 09-07-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwyll (Post 1015239)
Is it widescreen?

Widescreen is when there are two black lines on the top and bottom correct? If that is the case then this must be full screen because it has two thin black lines going up and down the sides.

Johnny Stew 09-07-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwyll (Post 1015239)
Is it widescreen?

The video is in its original full-screen 4:3 aspect ratio, but the documentary is in widescreen.

None of the videos appear to be remastered, but "Gypsy" definitely looks the best I've ever seen it. The image is sharper and the colors more vibrant, even in comparison to the archival copy I have.

Johnny Stew 09-08-2011 12:37 AM

"You's gonna buy this DVD. Capiche?"

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5507/cap050.png

(Hmm, I think I'd better leave the captions to SortaSavageLike!)

jbrownsjr 09-08-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1015265)
"You's gonna buy this DVD. Capiche?"

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5507/cap050.png

(Hmm, I think I'd better leave the captions to SortaSavageLike!)

lol!!! No Imma notta.... cossa I want all da videos....:D

PenguinHead 09-08-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 976833)
Not sure if I got the correct setlist but it sounds great!! Hope there will be more FM videos if they release future volumes

1 Billy Joel - Allentown
3 The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
4 Duran Duran - Rio
6 Elton John - I'm Still Standing
7 Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy
8 Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
9 Queen - A Kind of Magic
10 Rod Stewart - Young Turks
11 Spandau Ballet - True
12 Spandau Ballet - Chant No.1
13 Culture Club - The War Song
14 Elton John - Elton's Song
15 Supertramp - It's Raining Again
16 Ultravox - Vienna
17 Ultravox - The Voice
18 Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

I'm a huge fan of Elton John, but does why does he get three videos on this compilation? Aside from Gypsy, Fleetwood Mac's Hold Me video should have been included. It's equally as good as Gypsy.

PenguinHead 09-08-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 974835)
I wish they'd release the entire Fleetwood Mac DVD collection on DVD. It could be quite a money spinner for them, as well as save me from going crazy when trying to find a video of theirs online that isn't of piss poor quality.

It's something, along with other projects, that they could have done during the long time-spans betweeen albums. But, no!:confused:

Johnny Stew 09-09-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1015527)
I'm a huge fan of Elton John, but does why does he get three videos on this compilation?

Elton John is featured in the documentary, but his clips aren't among the full-length videos. The list Villavic posted has more videos than are actually on the DVD (well, at least on the US edition).

Here's what's included:

1 The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star
3 Culture Club - The War Song
4 Duran Duran - Rio
6 Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy
7 Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
8 Queen - A Kind of Magic
9 Spandau Ballet - True
10 Spandau Ballet - Chant No.1
11 Ultravox - Vienna

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1015527)
Aside from Gypsy, Fleetwood Mac's Hold Me video should have been included. It's equally as good as Gypsy.

"Hold Me" was directed by Steve Barron. VH1 did do an episode of 'M.V.E' that focused on him, but for some strange reason they didn't discuss "Hold Me."

Johnny Stew 09-09-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1015529)
It's something, along with other projects, that they could have done during the long time-spans betweeen albums. But, no!:confused:

That's my biggest frustration with Fleetwood Mac. I may not like those long waits between albums, but I understand it. What I don't understand, is why they don't make the most of that "down time." Remastered albums, a boxed-set of rarities, a video compilation, DVDs of archival concerts.... the possibilities are endless, but completely untapped.

MacShadowsBall 09-09-2011 09:55 PM

Stevie did it for her solo videos, so why Fleetwood Mac won't or can't is beyond me.

APerfectLie 09-10-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1015869)
Stevie did it for her solo videos, so why Fleetwood Mac won't or can't is beyond me.

Oh don't worry, they will. They've made it quite clear that they are not that interested in making new music together, but they would love to tour. Being that they already toured in 2009 with nothing to promote, I wouldn't be surprised if a greatest hits cd with a DVD containing all of their music videos came out in 2012. They've been saving all this **** for times like these.