The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57807)

bwboy 04-20-2018 02:54 PM

Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning!

Fleetwood Mac will be on CBS This Morning Wednesday April 25 7am-9am.

This will be an interview with the entire band and will likely include footage of tour rehearsals and upcoming tour dates.

So excited to see this!

Feather Blade 04-20-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1223886)
Fleetwood Mac will be on CBS This Morning Wednesday April 25 7am-9am.

This will be an interview with the entire band and will likely include footage of tour rehearsals and upcoming tour dates.

So excited to see this!

Hopefully someone will share the video here. That is exciting.

SisterNightroad 04-20-2018 03:18 PM

Interesting, thanks bwboy.

kathy1 04-23-2018 11:00 AM

i will be watching

lilyfee 04-24-2018 10:16 AM

Very interested to see this. I hope the interviewers ask them real questions and don’t beat around the bush about Lindsey’s absence.

Will they be there the full two hours? Not familiar with this show.

Feather Blade 04-24-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1224265)
Very interested to see this. I hope the interviewers ask them real questions and don’t beat around the bush about Lindsey’s absence.

From what others have said, it sounds like it will probably just be the usual puff piece to promote a tour. Nothing different than what we've seen to kick off previous trips. Also, someone pointed out that it made a lot of sense if they recorded several promotional things at one time so probably a pre-taped sort of thing and less of an interview. I guess we will know soon.

SisterNightroad 04-24-2018 03:42 PM

bombaysaffires 04-24-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1224265)

no, it'll be maybe several minutes long. the morning show is the typical network tv morning show-- mix of reading the news headlines and then interviews and such.

missundercover 04-24-2018 04:07 PM

Huh... why would they share the CBS announcement with this undertext?

Hopefully Anthony Mason can shed some light on what broke the chain when he sits down with Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning Wednesday, April 25, 2018.

Second most clicked article on the news site is 'Did he jump or was he pushed'...

SisterNightroad 04-24-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missundercover (Post 1224336)
Huh... why would they share the CBS announcement with this undertext?

Hopefully Anthony Mason can shed some light on what broke the chain when he sits down with Fleetwood Mac on CBS This Morning Wednesday, April 25, 2018.

Second most clicked article on the news site is 'Did he jump or was he pushed'...

That's what I wonder too (however I did not notice the 'Did he jump or was he pushed' title, it's fun!) either who manages the page is drunk or they've done it deliberately to stir debate?

bombaysaffires 04-24-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1224339)
That's what I wonder too (however I did not notice the 'Did he jump or was he pushed' title, it's fun!) either who manages the page is drunk or they've done it deliberately to stir debate?

or just clueless.:shrug:

Macfan4life 04-25-2018 07:53 AM

Just watched the segment. The story of Lindsey leaving is even worse that I expected it to be. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted to delay the tour. OMG! Stevie played fast and loose with her never ending 24K Gold tour and caused a major delay in not wanting to participate in a new album.
Just think. If Stevie agreed to record a new album with the band, the band would just be finishing their world tour promoting the new material. But instead this delay caused the repercussions of today.
Just so stupid for the band to go out like this. Mick said he wont used the word fired but did not dispute the fact he was fired.
How pathetic for the band to reveal they tested another lead singer but it did not work out. They wont say who it was. But that is so rude to say that.
I see a very desperate band to throw away their legacy for their last tour to sacrifice one of their own.
I guess I was hoping for something earth shattering that caused the firing.
NOPE

MaryLiz2 04-25-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1224496)
Just watched the segment. The story of Lindsey leaving is even worse that I expected it to be. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted to delay the tour. OMG! Stevie played fast and loose with her never ending 24K Gold tour and caused a major delay in not wanting to participate in a new album.
Just think. If Stevie agreed to record a new album with the band, the band would just be finishing their world tour promoting the new material. But instead this delay caused the repercussions of today.
Just so stupid for the band to go out like this. Mick said he wont used the word fired but did not dispute the fact he was fired.
How pathetic for the band to reveal they tested another lead singer but it did not work out. They wont say who it was. But that is so rude to say that.
I see a very desperate band to throw away their legacy for their last tour to sacrifice one of their own.
I guess I was hoping for something earth shattering that caused the firing.
NOPE

The 24K Gold Tour she delayed for two years because of the OWTS tour? :lol:

I think reactions to the segment (which was even shorter than I expected it to be) will vary depending upon one's level of anger at the Lindsey situation. Content-wise it was exactly as I expected it to be (nothing revealed).

My initial reaction: man these guys are OLD. (Love them all, but father time catches up with everyone...) From that aspect I can see why they weren't going to wait for Lindsey. Particularly when word of a big Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018 has been out there for more than a year.

My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.

I have to admit that while not what I had been expecting from FM, the clip of Neil's live Don't Dream It's Over got my attention. I hope they include that in the set. (Saying that as someone who has no knowledge of him or familiarity with his songs beyond the couple that were hits in the US years ago.)

And I still love Mike Campbell. Though I won't be sorry if they drop ticket prices a bit because of the lack of Lindsey.

Murrow 04-25-2018 08:25 AM

Like I said elsewhere.

First Stevie won’t do another album unless Chris comes back.

Then Chris comes back but Stevie’s already booked studio time of her own.

Then OWTS with no album.

Then Stevie wants to tour her album and not record with FM.

So BuckVie comes out.

And now this.

Why didn’t they do this to Stevie back in 2016?

Mind you she would have spewed ten times more bile than I imagine Lindsey’s going to.

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 08:28 AM

http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.com/post/173291091537/fleetwood-mac-on-cbs-this-morning-i-apologize

bwboy 04-25-2018 08:44 AM

Objectively speaking:

I was surprised Mick even acknowledged Lindsey was fired, so it was more honest than what I expected. He was polite about the decision, he answered the questions and no one badmouthed Lindsey. I appreciated the confirmation that things came to a boil at the MusiCares event, and Anthony saying most people that night watching the performance had no idea there had been a problem.

I was disappointed we didn't see more rehearsal footage. Seeing them sing the Chain briefly was awesome, but I wanted more.

I didn't see a problem with Mick acknowledging they also auditioned another singer. First of all, they didn't talk about it in the actual interview, that was something Anthony Mason shared with the hosts afterwards. Second, for all we know, that singer declined to join the band, not the other way around. I just don't think it was disrespectful for them to acknowledge they auditioned two different singers. More than likely, it was Billy Burnette, but who knows?

I wish John had said something about what it was like playing with Mike for the first time.

I thought it was hilarious when Stevie said they considered replacing Lindsey with anyone between the ages of 27 and 60. A funny line, but probably true. And Christine said Neil just barely made the cut- very funny.

I like how CBS This Morning gives the show hosts an opportunity to share their thoughts. They were quite enthusiastic about the upcoming tour.

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 08:52 AM

I hope we'll get soon a clearer video, I couldn't hear well some parts since English is not my mother language.
However am I the only one who loved Stevie's hair in the rehearsal's footage? Gimme more curls!

BigAl84 04-25-2018 08:58 AM

I promise I'm not making this up, I cant figure out where the heck I saw it. I was on another music forum I think and somebody mentioned John Mayer was contacted! I will try and dig up where I read it, it's driving me crazy now.

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1224537)
I promise I'm not making this up, I cant figure out where the heck I saw it. I was on another music forum I think and somebody mentioned John Mayer was contacted! I will try and dig up where I read it, it's driving me crazy now.

John Mayer the guy who dated Taylor Swift? (I don't even know how I know this)

kak125 04-25-2018 09:17 AM

here ya go:
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fleetw...as-a-new-band/

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1224551)

Thanks, I've listened just now.
I wonder if they said that the new line-up is not temporary just because it seemed more convenient or they are shutting off the door to Lindsey. If it's the latter I'm sad because I somehow hope that they'll reunite again.

kak125 04-25-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1224573)
Thanks, I've listened just now.
I wonder if they said that the new line-up is not temporary just because it seemed more convenient or they are shutting off the door to Lindsey. If it's the latter I'm sad because I somehow hope that they'll reunite again.

You're welcome. I do hope that they reunite with Lindsey again at some point but I'm also excited for this new version of Fleetwood Mac. I would love for them to record some new music even if it's just a few songs that they could put up on itunes or something.

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1224580)
You're welcome. I do hope that they reunite with Lindsey again at some point but I'm also excited for this new version of Fleetwood Mac. I would love for them to record some new music even if it's just a few songs that they could put up on itunes or something.

Yes, I thought about an EP too, maybe after Tom's death the proximity with Mike Campbell (which I adore) and a songwriter of the caliber of Neil Finn could stir up Stevie's creative vein.
However I want to say again that I still hope they can smooth out their divergences with Lindsey in the future.

ricohv 04-25-2018 10:07 AM

The new line-up wants to record? Interesting.

Feather Blade 04-25-2018 11:45 AM

There was a short segment when they finished the interview footage and returned to the studio when a voice over said something to the effect of "the band says if things work out they hope to record". That could be very exciting.

Mr Scarrott 04-25-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1224670)
There was a short segment when they finished the interview footage and returned to the studio when a voice over said something to the effect of "the band says if things work out they hope to record". That could be very exciting.

Oh, what an irony that would be. To be honest, that for me is the clincher as a Mac fan. I'm more interested in that than the next tour. Bring it on and let's see what you're made of, guys and gals, but my primary interest will be Lindsey's musical future.

I'm not saying it's an omen but Fleetwood Mac as a sextet have produced amongst their least-regarded work.. Behind the Mask, Penguin and Time. With Finn and Campbell I'm more optimistic than anything Walker, Vito, Burnette, Mason and Bramlett managed to contribute, however.

But oh, the loss of future Buckingham soundscapes in the context of Fleetwood Mac is hard to bear. Time, precious time....

aleuzzi 04-25-2018 01:49 PM

So if things work out they want to record? THAT's an insult to Buckingham for sure.

Storms123 04-25-2018 01:54 PM

I actually thought they actually looked awkward and nervous....christine’s Body language indicated she wanted to be anywhere but there

Mr Scarrott 04-25-2018 01:59 PM

Christine's body language and demeanour throughout that interview was very interesting, I thought. I don't want to project my own thoughts onto her but the contrast with Stevie was very marked.

Christine was so far to the left in that brief footage of them playing the Chain she was practically outside the theatre.

I'm indulging in a bit of Kremlinology here, I know. but I wonder what her feelings will be after the tour.

Ooh, Storms123,you beat me to it.

button-lip 04-25-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1224723)
So if things work out they want to record? THAT's an insult to Buckingham for sure.

Of course it is! And Mick acknowledged Lindsey's firing (but we don't use the word 'firing' because is a nasty word) because he was forced by fans.
How can anyone possibly think Lindsey wanted the band to wait for him for 2 years? He said the day after Musicares that he wanted to intermingle tour dates.
The interview was full of lies but it was exactly what we expected.

guillamene 04-25-2018 05:11 PM

Rehearsal footage

Anybody else notice that in clip of them rehearsing The Chain,Mick was playing his small/acoustic drum kit- hope that this is not a sign that they will be doing an unplugged or lite version of this great song!
Poor Christine! She looked SO uncomfortable in this interview. Look at John looking at Mike and Neil and Stevie when they are speaking: I would LOVE to know what he's thinking to himself. Any suggestions???

SisterNightroad 04-25-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guillamene (Post 1224764)
Anybody else notice that in clip of them rehearsing The Chain,Mick was playing his small/acoustic drum kit- hope that this is not a sign that they will be doing an unplugged or lite version of this great song!
Poor Christine! She looked SO uncomfortable in this interview. Look at John looking at Mike and Neil and Stevie when they are speaking: I would LOVE to know what he's thinking to himself. Any suggestions???

How did we get here?

Lola 04-25-2018 05:35 PM

Calgon take me away

studyinscarlet 04-25-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 (Post 1224501)
The 24K Gold Tour she delayed for two years because of the OWTS tour? :lol:

I think reactions to the segment (which was even shorter than I expected it to be) will vary depending upon one's level of anger at the Lindsey situation. Content-wise it was exactly as I expected it to be (nothing revealed).

My initial reaction: man these guys are OLD. (Love them all, but father time catches up with everyone...) From that aspect I can see why they weren't going to wait for Lindsey. Particularly when word of a big Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018 has been out there for more than a year.

My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.

I have to admit that while not what I had been expecting from FM, the clip of Neil's live Don't Dream It's Over got my attention. I hope they include that in the set. (Saying that as someone who has no knowledge of him or familiarity with his songs beyond the couple that were hits in the US years ago.)

And I still love Mike Campbell. Though I won't be sorry if they drop ticket prices a bit because of the lack of Lindsey.

Agree about the Stevie thing. She has either shortened or not toured at all several times for FM. So, putting this on her is just weak. I recall when they toured without Stevie of Lindsey. And I recall complaints that Buckingham always took forever to do an album. Wanting redo after redo after redo of songs. So, go your own way, Lindsey. Ya'll aren't getting younger. :shrug:

bwboy 04-25-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 (Post 1224501)

The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.

WatchChain 04-25-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1224809)
The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.

You're right. I think the deal with Mike Campbell was sealed, but they needed a vocalist. They brought in Billy Burnett to play with the Campbell lineup. Of course, it fell flat, just like it did in 87-90. They realized something was missing with Billy Burnett, so Mick called his friend Neil Finn.

I think we were very close to having a Burnett/Campbell lineup added.

MaryLiz2 04-25-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1224809)

Re-watched and you're right. I did say in my initial post that I wasn't really paying attention. :D

My bigger take away was that a split-second clip of Don't Dream it's Over has me all on board with the vocalist they did choose. :lol:

sasja 04-26-2018 09:23 PM

:eek:Recording?!?!?! Whahaaahahaahahaaaaaa!

Yeah, right.
Let's please, PLEASE perish that thought. :eek: Just in case they are serious.

Now, a Lindsey recording though, I'll line up for!

bwboy 04-27-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1225097)
:eek:Recording?!?!?! Whahaaahahaahahaaaaaa!

Yeah, right.
Let's please, PLEASE perish that thought. :eek: Just in case they are serious.

Now, a Lindsey recording though, I'll line up for!

What do you think would sell better- a Lindsey album or a FM album?

sasja 04-27-2018 03:20 PM

Alright, let's go there. Are we talking without Lindsey B. sales, like "Behind the Mask"?
Because, seriously. And that was in an era when albums still sold.

But, don't take me for a measuring stick, I always have valued Lindsey's craft and artistry highly, and Tusk is the only Mac album I still listen to to this day. I do listen to all his solo work still though!

So to me it is a matter of quality over quantity before all else. And, longevity.