The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dream Buckingham/McVie tour setlist (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56774)

Macfan4life 01-14-2017 06:21 PM

Dream Buckingham/McVie tour setlist

I hope they tour to promote the new album. The possibilities are endless for such a duo. The tour would not bring in the big bucks the last FM tour will bring so maybe John and Mick will save their strength for the big tour.
Here would be my dream setlist: Post yours but pick 20 songs only and 2 encores.

Eyes of the world
Think about me
Tango in the Night
Isn't it midnight
New song
Brown Eyes
Save me a place
Hold Me
Go Insane
Got a Hold on Me
New song
Everywhere
Tusk
Loving Cup
Trouble
The smile I live for
New song
Can't go back
Why
Go your own way
Don't stop
Songbird

olive 01-14-2017 06:24 PM

they can sing the phone book, as long as they cover Landslide

seriously all new songs and a few solo or mac

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1199586)
they can sing the phone book, as long as they cover Landslide

I love you Olive.. don't make me hate you.. :xoxo:

olive 01-14-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1199587)
I love you Olive.. don't make me hate you.. :xoxo:

i can live with any mac song recorded before 2014 not being played except that :xoxo::xoxo::xoxo:

elle 01-14-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1199585)
I hope they tour to promote the new album. The possibilities are endless for such a duo. The tour would not bring in the big bucks the last FM tour will bring so maybe John and Mick will save their strength for the big tour.
Here would be my dream setlist: Post yours but pick 20 songs only and 2 encores.

Eyes of the world
Think about me
Tango in the Night
Isn't it midnight
New song
Brown Eyes
Save me a place
Hold Me
Go Insane
Got a Hold on Me
New song
Everywhere
Tusk
Loving Cup
Trouble
The smile I live for
New song
Can't go back
Why
Go your own way
Don't stop
Songbird

where's my Walk a Thin Line? :cool:

elle 01-14-2017 07:21 PM

can't do just 20 songs, sorry. and definitely 6 new songs.

here's one possible version:

The Chain :D :angel:
Hold Me
New song
New song
Walk a Thin Line
Think About Me
Bleed to Love Her (fast version)
Got a Hold on Me
What Makes You Think
Steal Your Heart Away
New song
New song
Big Love
Say You Love Me
Tusk
Everywhere
Red Rover
New song
New song
Come
Little Lies
Go Your Own Way

encore:

World Turning
Don’t Stop
Songbird

8 old songs FM from each writer skipping many hits, no solo, 2 old co-written songs, 6 new songs

FuzzyPlum 01-14-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1199585)

Eyes of the world
Think about me
Tango in the Night
Isn't it midnight
New song
Brown Eyes
Save me a place
Hold Me
Go Insane
Got a Hold on Me
New song
Everywhere
Tusk
Loving Cup
Trouble
The smile I live for
New song
Can't go back
Why
Go your own way
Don't stop
Songbird

That's a nice setlist, though in terms of what would be more likely I think World Turning might be a given. Also I can't see Lindsey not playing Big Love as that is his signature song. I'd personally take out Trouble and find space for more new songs. Also a Peter Green number seeing as its the 50th anniversary of him founding the band.

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 07:49 PM

I actually don't see them doing that many deep cuts. I think it's going to be new songs and as many hits/standards/classics as possible. I think they'll use this to prove something.

You Make Loving Fun
The Chain
Second Hand News
Say You Love Me
Trouble
Everywhere
I'm So Afraid
New C
New L
New C
New L
Think About Me
Big Love
Go Insane
Little Lies
Oh Well
Get Like You Used To Be
New L
New C
New L
Got A Hold On Me
Tusk
Hold Me
Go Your Own Way
-
World Turning
Don't Stop
-
Songbird

elle 01-14-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1199599)
That's a nice setlist, though in terms of what would be more likely I think World Turning might be a given. Also I can't see Lindsey not playing Big Love as that is his signature song. I'd personally take out Trouble and find space for more new songs. Also a Peter Green number seeing as its the 50th anniversary of him founding the band.

yeah... if they are playing any solo songs (which imo they shouldn't), then i'd much rather Lindsey plays something less played like Rodeo, In Our Own Time, or Rock Away Blind. there's no need for Trouble or Go Insane.

elle 01-14-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1199600)
I actually don't see them doing that many deep cuts. I think it's going to be new songs and as many hits/standards/classics as possible. I think they'll use this to prove something.

i think you are right - they'll do 6 new songs and then all their FM hits. but i couldn't resist skipping most of their FM hits and put in some deep cuts on my list, making a compromise.

nicepace 01-14-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Also a Peter Green number seeing as its the 50th anniversary of him founding the band.
That would be wonderful! In addition to this, I would LOVE to hear them play a real blues song with Christine playing real blues piano. Why couldn't they revive "Get Like You Used To Be"?

AlexD 01-14-2017 08:15 PM

1.Eyes of the World
2.Everywhere
3.Hold Me
4.(New Song)
5.My Little Demon
6.Say You Love (Banjo)
7.Blue Letter
8.(New Song)
9.Go Insane
10.Big Love
11.Never Going Back Again(Christine duet that's a metaphor for Stevie never being welcome back to the band)
12.Think About Me
13.(New Song)
15.(New Song)
16.Over & Over
17.Not That Funny (Extended)
17.(New Song)
18. Little Lies
19. Red Rover
20. Tusk
21. Go Your Own Way

Encore
Don't Stop
(New Song)
Love In Store
Songbird

AlexD 01-14-2017 08:16 PM

Also, if they do a 4 person tour, I hope Christine is placed up front by Lindsey. Maybe even both of them in the center right next to each other

pattyfan 01-14-2017 08:22 PM

What size venues do you think they'll play? Elle wrote that she thinks they will play Fillmore size venues (small), but I just can not imagine them not being able to play larger places, like maybe the Greek Theater.

Kevin

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 08:22 PM

This is so exciting. I think they could do solo material. It's not a Fleetwood Mac show. It's Buckingham/McVie

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199602)
i think you are right - they'll do 6 new songs and then all their FM hits. but i couldn't resist skipping most of their FM hits and put in some deep cuts on my list, making a compromise.

Oh, I agree. I'd love some deep cuts. In place of "Landslide," I'd love an acoustic reworking of "Never Make Me Cry," but I can't imagine them doing that.

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 08:41 PM

Why on earth would they do Landslide??

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1199611)
Why on earth would they do Landslide??

I was saying in place of where Landslide is typically in the Fleetwood Mac set, Buckingham McVie could do an acoustic version of Never Make Me Cry.

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1199612)
I was saying in place of where Landslide is typically in the Fleetwood Mac set, Buckingham McVie could do an acoustic version of Never Make Me Cry.

I know.. Olive mentioned them doing it.. and then when it came up again.. I thought.. huh?? I am so sick of that song.

annabellee 01-14-2017 09:14 PM

Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!:]

elle 01-14-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1199615)
Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!:]

no Stevie on the album, no Stevie on tour to promote that album. which also means no drama. simple.

elle 01-14-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1199610)
Oh, I agree. I'd love some deep cuts. In place of "Landslide," I'd love an acoustic reworking of "Never Make Me Cry," but I can't imagine them doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1199608)
This is so exciting. I think they could do solo material. It's not a Fleetwood Mac show. It's Buckingham/McVie

yeah i think that Steve and i are still a bit stuck in the mindset that they'd be going under Fleetwood Mac moniker - and they have so many FM hits between the 2 of them, certainly more than BN version of FM that always had to do 1 - 2 of Christine's songs had. since that's out now, i guess they really can do whatever they want. solo, mac, anything. exciting!! :]

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 09:37 PM

They can even do Christine Perfect material.

Without the Fmac name the possibilities are endless.

elle 01-14-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1199607)
What size venues do you think they'll play? Elle wrote that she thinks they will play Fillmore size venues (small), but I just can not imagine them not being able to play larger places, like maybe the Greek Theater.

Kevin

no, i wrote i WISH they would play that size venues and not arenas or sheds.

i think they'd be able to play whatever they want, although for arenas they may need a co-act since they are not going out as Fleetwood Mac. in reality. they will probably chose to play 3-4k theaters.

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199617)
yeah i think that Steve and i are still a bit stuck in the mindset that they'd be going under Fleetwood Mac moniker - and they have so many FM hits between the 2 of them, certainly more than BN version of FM that always had to do 1 - 2 of Christine's songs had. since that's out now, i guess they really can do whatever they want. solo, mac, anything. exciting!! :]

It's exciting to think of this as a blank slate, but the reality is that they have histories of playing it safe with setlists in their solo ventures, and I don't think that will change with this. If anything, I think they'll go safer.

pattyfan 01-15-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199620)
no, i wrote i WISH they would play that size venues and not arenas or sheds.

i think they'd be able to play whatever they want, although for arenas they may need a co-act since they are not going out as Fleetwood Mac. in reality. they will probably chose to play 3-4k theaters.

Oh, sorry, my bad. I wish too :) I can't imagine seeing Chris and Lindsey at the Fillmore :) Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

jbrownsjr 01-15-2017 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1199634)
Oh, sorry, my bad. I wish too :) I can't imagine seeing Chris and Lindsey at the Fillmore :) Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

The smaller the better. I would love to see them intimately.

nicepace 01-15-2017 04:00 PM

When Christine toured to promote her self-titled album in the 1980s, she played two of her FM songs from the "Bob Welch era." They were "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love." I would LOVE to hear those two, or for that matter, just about any of her songs from those five great albums.

I don't really expect it, but it's fun to fantasize.

pattyfan 01-15-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1199698)
When Christine toured to promote her self-titled album in the 1980s, she played two of her FM songs from the "Bob Welch era." They were "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love." I would LOVE to hear those two, or for that matter, just about any of her songs from those five great albums.

I don't really expect it, but it's fun to fantasize.

I agree 100% with you. If Stevie can pull out Crying in the Night, they can certainly pull out one of Chris's old ones. Here's to hoping... :)

Kevin

Conga 01-19-2017 03:01 AM

I hope if they do this they'll embrace solo songs and classic Rumors line-up tunes like stuff from Welch era for Christine.

Not in order, but..
The Chain
Countdown
Ask Anybody
Trouble
Everywhere
Bleed to Love Her
Love Will Show Us How
I'm So Afraid
Why
Surrender the Rain
Little Lies
Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Isn't It Midnight
Big Love (full band version)
Love In Store
All My Sorrows
Sooner or Later (okay I'm sorry I really like this song)
Tusk
Tango in the Night
Wish You Were Here (the alternate version... live!)
Songbird

WOW, I'm dreaming, because it would just be the AM Radio hits and a few new songs, but a man can dream (hence the title of the thread haha)

KenshiMaster16 01-19-2017 04:07 PM

As much as I'd want a tour with a lot of goodies and rarities, I'd bet we'd get this with 4 or 5 new songs sprinkled in;

The Chain
Say You Love Me
Over My Head
Oh Daddy
Second Hand News
Little Lies
Everywhere
Tusk
Go Insane
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Never Going Back Again
I'm So Afraid
Big Love
Hold Me
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird

FuzzyPlum 04-15-2017 05:42 PM

Not necessarily a dream set list but a bit of a guess;

Big Love
In My World
Everywhere
Get Like You Used To Be
Trouble
Too Far Gone
Love Will Show Us How
Friend
Got a Hold On Me
I’m So Afraid
Red Sun
Feel About You
Go Insane
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again
Carnival Begin
Isn’t It Midnight
Tango In The Night
World Turning
Don’t Stop

Encore: Hold Me, Go Your Own Way, Why

jbrownsjr 04-15-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207022)

Big Love
In My World
Everywhere
Get Like You Used To Be
Trouble
Too Far Gone
Love Will Show Us How
Friend
Got a Hold On Me
I’m So Afraid
Red Sun
Feel About You
Go Insane
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again
Carnival Begin
Isn’t It Midnight
Tango In The Night
World Turning
Don’t Stop

You had me at Why!

ViscountViktor 04-15-2017 06:40 PM

Will be so boring if they do the Mac standards. This is the time for creativity (Lindsey has tonnes of it remember :cool:), come up with an interesting set list!

Hold Me must be on it.

bwboy 04-15-2017 07:24 PM

Agreed- they are not going to perform that many FM songs. Remember, according to them, this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I anticipate a 16-17 song set list, with more than a few long guitar solos.

I'm So Afraid
World Turning
Songbird
Big Love
Never Going Back Again

Maybe Don't Stop and Hold Me.

elle 04-15-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1207022)

Big Love
In My World
Everywhere
Get Like You Used To Be
Trouble
Too Far Gone
Love Will Show Us How
Friend
Got a Hold On Me
I’m So Afraid
Red Sun
Feel About You
Go Insane
Shut Us Down
Never Going Back Again
Carnival Begin
Isn’t It Midnight
Tango In The Night
World Turning
Don’t Stop

please no Trouble! would LOVE Hold Me though! Little Lies went over extremely well on the last Mac tour so they might do that one again. and i loved SYLM, wouldn't mind that at all.

what i would love to hear from LB (besides the new songs and minus IMW) is - Rodeo and To Try For the Sun. IOOT and/or TTWLG again. Rock Away Blind with full outro. and of course Walk A Thin Line.

lennonfan 04-16-2017 08:19 AM

no particular order:
I'd rather go blind
Why
Got A hold on me
Morning Rain
The way I feel
Remember me
Did you ever love me
World Turning
5 from the new album
with Lindsey it's so varied another 8 would take a lot of thought...

jmn3 04-16-2017 09:15 AM

I just can't see them being too adventurous with the setlist outside of the new stuff, which I hope they integrate well. My thoughts...22 songs, 6 new ones which I won't bother naming at this point without hearing them all, and one solo song each...

Monday Morning
Isn't it Midnight
NEW SONG
NEW SONG
Eyes of the World
Spare Me a Little
Countdown
Got a Hold On Me
NEW SONG
NEW SONG
World Turning
Big Love
NEW SONG
Save Me a Place
NEW SONG
Hold Me
I'm So Afraid
Little Lies
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Don't Stop
Songbird

elle 04-16-2017 04:06 PM

and now for something completely different, just ran into this on twitter - natural unprocessed voice (how different from the most recent song!) and pretty raw demo of Rodeo - i want this song in BuckVie setlist!

elle 04-16-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennonfan (Post 1207074)
no particular order:
I'd rather go blind
Why
Got A hold on me
Morning Rain
The way I feel
Remember me
Did you ever love me
World Turning
5 from the new album
with Lindsey it's so varied another 8 would take a lot of thought...

haha, since you did Christine, I'll do my Lindsey wishes, because i have MANY -

Setlist – 22 songs - 6 new ones, 8 Chris, 8 Linds

Lindsey staples – Big Love, GYOW, NGBA, ISA (i wish NGBA gone but probably won't happen. actually with Chris and backing band, Tusk will probably be there, and maybe SHN. which means no space for interesting solo or deep cuts, practically. we'll probably get NTF or best case scenario BTLH. argh Lindsey. :rolleyes:)

Lindsey extras that i'd like to see if he does only 4 staples – Rodeo, TTWLG, WATL, TTFTS, RAB