The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Album Survivor Game (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31869)

chiliD 04-10-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle2677 (Post 677478)
I would think I would give her the benefit of the doubt. I have never heard bekka, so I can't say for sure. I'm slowly but surely trying to get all of the mac albums. I still have a ways to go on the pre-rumours stuff, but after that I'll move to post. 2 years ago, I would have never bought those and listened to them, but I'm expanding my horizons :nod: I'm not saying I'm going to love everything they put out, or they will be my new favorite lineup, but I'd at least like to give it a go with an open mind :)

and i'm a chiffonhead ;)

Be careful...you could LOSE your "chiffonhead" status. :laugh:

michelle2677 04-10-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 677481)
Be careful...you could LOSE your "chiffonhead" status. :laugh:

haha..no. I don't think so. I do enough recruiting, that I'm allowed to sway every now and then :laugh: ;)

Dreamz19 04-10-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 677472)
Well, I just don't forsee Chiffonheads EVER giving Bekka the benefit of the doubt.

To me, Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac...but, the poor 1994/95 years just get ZERO respect from so many people that "peace in the valley" in those regards just doesn't seem forseeable.

Not this one. I think Bekka is great. She has an amazing voice and I appreciate her talent. But I agree 100% that the Time era hardly gets any respect.

shackin'up 04-11-2007 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 677472)
Well, I just don't forsee Chiffonheads EVER giving Bekka the benefit of the doubt.

To me, Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac...but, the poor 1994/95 years just get ZERO respect from so many people that "peace in the valley" in those regards just doesn't seem forseeable.

I agree, ChiliD, but some line-ups didn't really live up to the expected quality the band has in it's name. I think Time is a poor album songwritingwise, but I still got to see them Live. It was a great evening and Bekka was incredible. It's just that I really had the feeling that I was listening to a Fleetwood Mac-coverband that had the original rythmsection in it. By the way, I don't think I have EVER seen Mick better than that night. He was really taking the stage.

Bekka is a great singer and that line-up could have had a future if they'd grown into an own FM-identity that was more recognizable. I'm not respectless at any FM-line up. I just sometimes point out which I think was the poorest.:shrug:

Mari 04-11-2007 04:12 AM

Yay! You made it a draw:woohoo:

... now what do I do with my life?

chiliD 04-11-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 677570)
Yay! You made it a draw:woohoo:

... now what do I do with my life?

Good question! :shrug:

Mari 04-11-2007 09:45 AM

Well, we could try one of these for all mac solo albums.. but that outcome would be even more predictable, wouldn't it?
*ducks while lb-fans and chiffonheads attack each other*

hmm.. or eh.. albums from other artists? you could start out with letting everyone who wants to participate, choose their fave album from another band/artist and then let those battle each other. Just an idea..

aleuzzi 04-11-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 677419)

Awesome. Two great Mac albums side by side.

They share a number of eerie commanlities, too--such as both being released at the end of their respective decades, both signalling a new experimental direction for the band, both enabling the lead guitarist to stretch in surprising directions while also enabling the previously less-represented songwriter a chance to expand, too...

And, both albums alienated a good deal of the band's fans who expected repeat performances of their previous work.