The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie & Lindsey Intimacy (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44730)

David 02-21-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 944614)
Very cute. From the Rosebud clip, I never knew exactly what they were doing.

They're pretending to skate, obviously, because Christine is playing the "Skater's Waltz" by Waldteufel on her B3.

Lindsfan 02-21-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 944608)
Apparently, Stevie & Lindsey have a cute little ritual of "pretend skating" as they were doing in the Rosebud doc and brought back on the Unleashed Tour and did it at several shows when they came back for the encores:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...mac2009149.jpg

Here's the video:

But you have to watch them on the big screen it's hard to see. Stevie explains it "we used to do that a long time ago, pretend we were skating. But we weren't really skating. We were pretending." And she giggles. Too funny.

At one show, they came back for the encore doing the skating thing and Mick tried to join in, but Stevie chastised him and told him not to ever do that again. She said, "it's our thing, Mick. Skating is our thing." LOL!

That video is freaking adorable :D So cute...

And, BTW, I love your new sig photo and quote ( small potatoes )! :laugh:

michelej1 02-21-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 944639)
They're pretending to skate, obviously, because Christine is playing the "Skater's Waltz" by Waldteufel on her B3.

What?! I mistook it for Manolo and I thought that Christine was playing that because Stevie was wearing Manolo Blahnik shoes.

Michele

MissLadyLoki 02-21-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 944614)
Very cute. From the Rosebud clip, I never knew exactly what they were doing. In fact, it almost looked like it was a rehearsal walk down the aisle, trying to walk in time to the wedding march.

But, yes, during the Unleashed tour, Stevie explained how they used to pretend skate. I enjoyed making fun of that. Living on Hamburger Helper and had to amuse themselves by pretend skating. How sad.

Michele

I don't recall seeing that at my show, but then again, I left before Silver Springs so I could catch the train (and not wait another hour for one) and I didn't see that.

As for the pretend skating, this is what happens when you live with a guy who ruins the electric skillet you used to make Hamburger Helper, so things were tough :laugh:. And can someone show me a vid of Stevie talking about that?

CADreaming 02-21-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 944672)

As for the pretend skating, this is what happens when you live with a guy who ruins the electric skillet you used to make Hamburger Helper, so things were tough :laugh:. And can someone show me a vid of Stevie talking about that?

Hysterical...enjoy!

MissLadyLoki 02-21-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 944674)
Hysterical...enjoy!

it's nice seeing the elctric skillet interview again and thanks for posting it, but I meant something where Stevie spoke about the skating thing

CADreaming 02-21-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 944684)
it's nice seeing the elctric skillet interview again and thanks for posting it, but I meant something where Stevie spoke about the skating thing

Oh, misread that. The only thing I know of was the video I posted from Unleashed.

MissLadyLoki 02-21-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 944687)
Oh, misread that. The only thing I know of was the video I posted from Unleashed.

Then I shall watch that now. In the meantime, since you seem to have a lot of cool stuff to show me and this is a bit OT, but do you know of an interview I heard about once where Lindsey describes what went down at the AMAs?

CADreaming 02-21-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 944688)
Then I shall watch that now. In the meantime, since you seem to have a lot of cool stuff to show me and this is a bit OT, but do you know of an interview I heard about once where Lindsey describes what went down at the AMAs?

No, but I would love to hear his story. I've seen the video of him stumbling up the stairs and Stevie running after him to steady him. LOL! Priceless.

David 02-21-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 944655)
What?! I mistook it for Manolo and I thought that Christine was playing that because Stevie was wearing Manolo Blahnik shoes.

Michele

Stop being sarcastic! I can tell you're mad at me because you didn't even let me be a moderator. :mad:

Did you know John Simon is now blogging?!

michelej1 02-21-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 944699)
Stop being sarcastic! I can tell you're mad at me because you didn't even let me be a moderator. :mad:

For weeks I asked Jannie what she thought I could do to get you to consent to be a moderator. There were words of encouragement, but dare I eat a peach? From my perspective, it seemed like a hopeless endeavor, but there was nothing I wanted more.

Michele

David 02-21-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 944702)
For weeks I asked Jannie what she thought I could do to get you to consent to be a moderator. Dare I eat a peach? From my perspective, it seemed like a hopeless endeavor, but there was nothing I wanted more.

Michele

Wait, wait, wait, I was just joshin you. I can't do the moderator thing. How could I continue to troll if I did that? It would get really weird.

I just enjoy thinking of new polls & cool things we can do. When Stevie's album comes out, I intend to buy it. I liked SECRET LOVE enough to buy the whole album. My only regret about the new album is that Stevie chose not to write about inversion tables, of which I am the proud new owner of one! :)

I like this thread about Stevie & Lindsey intimacy, but I think that we catch them in moments like that mostly in recent times. Remember what Steve Pond said about the band's show in September 1980? "And, curiously, for a band with a history of intraband liaisons, there is little sexual electricity onstage. The band coexist more often than they interact."

CADreaming 02-21-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 944705)

I like this thread about Stevie & Lindsey intimacy, but I think that we catch them in moments like that mostly in recent times. Remember what Steve Pond said about the band's show in September 1980? "And, curiously, for a band with a history of intraband liaisons, there is little sexual electricity onstage. The band coexist more often than they interact."

I wondered about that. But, they'll always have "Angel"...

michelej1 02-21-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 944705)
Wait, wait, wait, I was just joshin you.

That is just what I feared would happen. You settled a pillow by your head and said, “That is not what I meant at all. That is not it, at all.”

I actually like the way Chili described the two Mirage tapings he saw. One night the band was all lovey dovey and the next night they were all cold and staring daggers at each other.

I think what you get most of the time, during situations that are not contrived, is just familiarity. No intense hostility. No deep displays of affection. Just people who have been together for a real long time and communicate without speaking incessantly, though the nature of that communication may be quite mundane. They probably don't have great exchanges of passion very often. Yet, I find a shade of passion in their ease with one another, whether it's the stuff of romance or not.

Michele

CADreaming 02-21-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 944710)

I think what you get most of the time, during situations that are not contrived, is just familiarity.

It's their familiarity with one another that speaks most of their level of intimacy. They are definitely an exception.