The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

michelej1 09-27-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1269926)
I always listen to the radio when I am driving. I turn the dial until I hear a song I like. In a 20 minute drive I may turn that dial a dozen times. I have been hearing Edge of 17 on multiple stations every single day as if it were a brand new song again.

It’s almost eerie.

Macfan4life 09-27-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1269926)
I always listen to the radio when I am driving. I turn the dial until I hear a song I like. In a 20 minute drive I may turn that dial a dozen times. I have been hearing Edge of 17 on multiple stations every single day as if it were a brand new song again.

Thats lazy program directors. Stevie was considered a rock artist and Edge of 17 and SDMHA are standards on those stations. They really dont touch much else in her career. Same with Fleetwood Mac. The White Album and Rumours are played every day yet nothing else is dared touched.

vivfox 09-27-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1269950)
Stevie was considered a rock artist and Edge of 17 and SDMHA are standards on those stations.

Through most of the 1990's and the first decade of this century it was Stand Back getting all the airplay. Now that song seems to have dipped into obscurity.

HomerMcvie 09-27-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1269959)
Through most of the 1990's and the first decade of this century it was Stand Back getting all the airplay. Now that song seems to have dipped into obscurity.

Good. I think Stand Back has been played to death. And it's very dated sounding, too. Edge isn't.

jbrownsjr 09-28-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269922)
I have no song puns but I would say that it would be very easy for me to hear a Mac song each day with very little effort. Do you know when you’re measuring your steps and you look and say I only have to take one more flight of stairs today to make my goal and you easily do it? If I got to 10 PM and I hadn’t heard a Mac song yet, I would just go to my local drugstore to get a pint of Thrifty ice cream and I bet I would hear a Mac song playing in the Rite Aid.

It was 10 cents a single scoop when I was a kid.

HomerMcvie 09-28-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1269969)
It was 10 cents a single scoop when I was a kid.

Hey Pop Pop, did you have Rumours on one of those cylinders on your Gramophone? :lol::lol::lol:

:xoxo:

michelej1 09-28-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269970)
Hey Pop Pop, did you have Rumours on one of those cylinders on your Gramophone? :lol::lol::lol:

Don’t be jelly just because we have cheap ice cream here in California.

HomerMcvie 09-28-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269980)
Don’t be jelly just because we have cheap ice cream here in California.

I hear that your milkshakes bring all the bois to the yard...:lol:

edit - Without paying attention, I was ASSuming that John wrote that comment, so my response was intended for him. How are your milkshakes? ;)

michelej1 09-28-2021 03:30 PM

:laugh: The Milkshake lyrics alone offer me so many possible responses.

HomerMcvie 09-28-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1269985)
:laugh: The Milkshake lyrics alone offer me so many possible responses.

And yet Stevie will still take credit for your lyrics!:laugh:

aleuzzi 09-28-2021 07:21 PM

Was in the car listening to the alternate version of “Show Me A Smile” the other day. I stopped at a service station for some Diet Coke and heard “Over My Head” on the radio in the store. It hit me how those two songs are definitely siblings—or at least seemed like it when I heard them back to back.

michelej1 09-28-2021 08:03 PM

You may be right, but I love SYLM, as one of my all time favorite songs and I dislike Show Me a Smile. Michele

jbrownsjr 09-29-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1269994)
Was in the car listening to the alternate version of “Show Me A Smile” the other day. I stopped at a service station for some Diet Coke and heard “Over My Head” on the radio in the store. It hit me how those two songs are definitely siblings—or at least seemed like it when I heard them back to back.

I love that version of Show Me A Smile!!

jbrownsjr 09-29-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1269970)

No, but I pounded two nails in the wall. (got grounded for it) And hung Rumours, then later 1984 McVie album on them. hee hee

HomerMcvie 09-29-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1270000)
No, but I pounded two nails in the wall. (got grounded for it) And hung Rumours, then later 1984 McVie album on them. hee hee

I never got into trouble, although I should have! I'd remove the woofers from my stereo speakers, and I kept a case of beer stored inside one, and had "weed starts" with a grow light going inside the other one!:D

I never got in FM trouble either, although I hated myself years later for giving away all my FM 8 tracks. I did recently find Rumours on 8 track, but what are the odds that I'll ever find Tusk? Slim to none...:distress: