The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "24 Karat Gold" Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53961)

welcomechris 03-01-2015 08:08 PM

Blue Water has a total of 267, 866 views on youtube (demo and official) Pretty cool

Macfanforever 03-01-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1162047)
Thanks for posting this - it's really interesting!I'm going to send it to my sister,she loves this kind of stuff:nod:

No problem.I love these shows myself .I wish Discovery dump the stupid crap reality shows and produce more of these.

PenguinHead 03-07-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1162051)
Blue Water has a total of 267, 866 views on youtube (demo and official) Pretty cool

That's great. Other than exposure, does this translate in any way to financial profit?
It's funny to go back in this thread and reading all the anticipation and speculation about what songs would be on the album. It's easy to relive the arc of drama leading up to the release.

I hope that after Stevie gets off her mantle and participates in Fleetwood Mac's final album she bangs out another album like this. One song that's rarely mentioned is Something Exquisite. I think it was a Wild Heart outtake (correct me if I'm wrong).
It's one of my favorites and has a lot of potential. It would make a great title for the record, as it infers the similar grandeur of 24 Karat Gold.

SisterNightroad 10-01-2017 08:34 AM

jcalzaretta 10-01-2017 08:31 PM

I love 24 Karat Gold. I love If You Were My Love, the Dealer, Lady, Blue Water, Mabel Normand, Starshine. Can go on and on. What a treasure. I wish we could get Sanctuary, Julia and Forest of the Black Roses. Although I'd love them with Fleetwood Mac!

SisterNightroad 10-02-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcalzaretta (Post 1217049)
I love 24 Karat Gold. I love If You Were My Love, the Dealer, Lady, Blue Water, Mabel Normand, Starshine. Can go on and on. What a treasure. I wish we could get Sanctuary, Julia and Forest of the Black Roses. Although I'd love them with Fleetwood Mac!

I also love 24K Gold, and I'm one of the few appreciators of Hard Advice.

Nathan 10-03-2017 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1217053)
I also love 24K Gold, and I'm one of the few appreciators of Hard Advice.

Hard Advice is one of my favorites.

mitzo 10-03-2017 05:45 AM

Love the album, which is pure Stevie and has 3 or 4 beautiful ballads which is where she shines brightest.

StevieandChris 10-03-2017 09:28 PM

Such a great album. One of my favorites.

I LOVE 24 Karat Gold, All the Beautiful Worlds, If You Were My Love, Belle Fleur, Mabel Normand, Blue Water, Twisted, The Dealer, and Watch Chain.

I like Starshine, She Loves Him Still, Carousel, and Hard Advice.

Depending on my mood, I either like or can just tolerate Cathouse Blues and Lady (my main qualm is it's way too long).

I dislike I Don't Care.

sorcerer999 10-03-2017 10:20 PM

This album has never gotten stale! Can't believe it's been three years already. "24 Karat Gold" and "All The Beautiful Worlds" are just timeless and classic Stevie Nicks songs that never get old. "Belle Fleur", "Watch Chain" are just so catchy and fun to sing along with. "If You Were My Love" and "Hard Advice" are great but I have to be in the right mood for them. I still dig the rest of the album but really only if I'm listening to it all the way through from start to finish.

"Blue Water", while fun to sing and harmonize with, is still a bit of a let down for me. It was always my favorite demo. It had so much potential - It could have had orchestration, magic, the girls harmonies - but instead they turned it into a Country dirge with Lady Antebellum. Boo! Oh well...

lilyfee 10-18-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1217198)

"Blue Water", while fun to sing and harmonize with, is still a bit of a let down for me. It was always my favorite demo. It had so much potential - It could have had orchestration, magic, the girls harmonies - but instead they turned it into a Country dirge with Lady Antebellum. Boo! Oh well...

The demo is beautiful and almost haunting... Truly reminiscent of water to me! I love the "I want to take you on a [PAUSE] slow ride" line! While I like the recorded version as well, it doesn't have the same beautiful echoing effect.

mikemono411 02-15-2021 10:16 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wanted to know if anyone ripped the videos of Stevie talking about each song from this album on YouTube as they seem to have been taken down :(