The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Interview on Rumours at 45 Years Old (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59475)

SteveMacD 02-13-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272792)
I think I understand you. I think being respectful to Neil would've been letting him play Distant Sun, Mean to Me, or anything besides Something so Strong, I Got You or DDIO.
Neil did say in his introduction to DDIO that he was asked to play it.

Better Be Home Soon!

That’s the one he was pissed, well, as pissed as he gets, that wasn’t a hit.

SteveMacD 02-13-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272791)
However, in the previous FM lineups, a member who played a song from that member's repertoire outside of FM wrote or contributed to a Fleetwood Mac studio recording as a member of FM.

Still, a not Fleetwood Mac song in the setlist is a not Fleetwood Mac song in the setlist.

Quote:

Well isn't Find Your Way Back home an FM song because it has four FM members on it?:p
Well, technically, it had more members than “Twisted” and the same amount as on “Can’t Help Falling In Love.” However, at least Stevie wasn’t completely opposed to the entire concept of making a new recording with Neil Finn, which is more than can be said about Lindsey Buckingham. Really, Mick and John could be dubbed on that song and it’s a Fleetwood Mac song.

UnwindedDreams 02-14-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1272795)
Still, a not Fleetwood Mac song in the setlist is a not Fleetwood Mac song in the setlist.

Well, technically, it had more members than “Twisted” and the same amount as on “Can’t Help Falling In Love.” However, at least Stevie wasn’t completely opposed to the entire concept of making a new recording with Neil Finn, which is more than can be said about Lindsey Buckingham. Really, Mick and John could be dubbed on that song and it’s a Fleetwood Mac song.

Then is Shake Your Money Maker an FM song? Just kidding! I hear you. It's odd to me that you had Neil and Mike singing and playing all those decades-old FM songs that they had nothing to do with. At least for the Tango Tour, Billy and Rick were playing brand new FM songs at the time in addition to the oldies. I know it wasn't Neil or Mike but rather Commander Nicks.

As far as Find Your Way Back Home, I agree - Stevie wanted nothing to do with Lindsey off stage.
Not sure if you knew but Stevie sent her vocals to Neil. So they didn't actually work together like she and Lindsey did on Sad Angel, Miss Fantasy, and Without You.

HomerMcvie 02-14-2022 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272796)
Not sure if you knew but Stevie sent her vocals to Neil. So they didn't actually work together like she and Lindsey did on Sad Angel, Miss Fantasy, and Without You.

That's how it works now, these days.

My friend recorded a duet with Dolly Parton. I was all, "OMG, what's she like?", and all that. I was so disappointed to find that they never even met. Just sent their vocals back and forth on the innerwebs.

Whatever happened to getting together in the studio, doing a bunch of blow, and recording some magic? Sigh.....:laugh::wavey:

UnwindedDreams 02-14-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272797)
That's how it works now, these days.

My friend recorded a duet with Dolly Parton. I was all, "OMG, what's she like?", and all that. I was so disappointed to find that they never even met. Just sent their vocals back and forth on the innerwebs.

Whatever happened to getting together in the studio, doing a bunch of blow, and recording some magic? Sigh.....:laugh::wavey:

Yep, I know. I think Stevie recorded her vocals before the lockdown.

But then you have Bruce who went out to Indiana last year to record songs with Mellencamp.

HomerMcvie 02-14-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1272798)
But then you have Bruce who went out to Indiana last year to record songs with Mellencamp.

Yeah, my friend got a pic with Bruce in a restaurant here(I live, half of the time, in the same town as Mellenhead - btw, Mellenhead is a Douche with a capital D!).

Macfan4life 02-15-2022 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1272801)
Yeah, my friend got a pic with Bruce in a restaurant here(I live, half of the time, in the same town as Mellenhead - btw, Mellenhead is a Douche with a capital D!).

Suckin on chilli dogs outside the Tastee Freez

jbrownsjr 02-16-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1272806)
Suckin on chilli dogs outside the Tastee Freez

Stevie and Diane

DownOnRodeo 02-24-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

So when the wave sort of hit, I think me and John, speaking certainly for myself, we'd had some reference to having something, and in truth the wave dissipated
So when the wave of nausea from this word salad hit, I think me and all of us, speaking certainly for myself, we'd had some reference to having eaten something rotten, and in truth the wave hasn't dissipated.

aleuzzi 03-01-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1273027)
So when the wave of nausea from this word salad hit, I think me and all of us, speaking certainly for myself, we'd had some reference to having eaten something rotten, and in truth the wave hasn't dissipated.

Love it! That Mickspeak you cited is hilarious—and more than a little frustrating. He says so many words without ever saying anything. I used to think it was a language issue, a genuine struggle. Now I think his verbiage is the result of deliberately sidestepping truth. It’s a bit of idiot genius…