The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

FuzzyPlum 11-08-2015 08:53 AM

I've recently become addicted to a comedy programme called Impractical Jokers. It's got to be the funniest programme I've seen on TV for years. Looks like they are bringing their stage show to the UK in February. Sold out sadly. Makes me p*ss my pants

chriskisn 11-09-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1174189)
I've just noticed that a lot of my peers identify themselves with the definitions of demisexual, demiromantic etc believing these are sexual orientation...
I don't think these definitions are bad or wrong but they aren't surely orientations and I discovered there are many informational sites that spread this inaccuracy.
Honestly I'm a little baffled.

Really its apparently just a subset of asexual. However I've come to learn that that whole orientation and gender identity concept is purely personal and the whole idea of assigning labels is generally worthless. Far too much thought and time goes in to worrying about the sexuality and gender identity of others.

SisterNightroad 11-10-2015 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 1174864)
Really its apparently just a subset of asexual. However I've come to learn that that whole orientation and gender identity concept is purely personal and the whole idea of assigning labels is generally worthless. Far too much thought and time goes in to worrying about the sexuality and gender identity of others.

I agree with you with everything but the thing is that these conception is a bit wrong, not too mention that in some cases of people I've encountered it seemed theirs was downright a choice instead of an attribute.
It's just that in some cases being only half informed is just as detrimental as being completely ignorant...

vivfox 11-10-2015 03:53 PM

36 years ago today I saw FM in concert for the very first time in New Haven, Ct. Nov.10,1979.:angel:

Macfanforever 11-10-2015 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1174919)
36 years ago today I saw FM in concert for the very first time in New Haven, Ct. Nov.10,1979.:angel:

Wow thats great.I was too busy being a country bumpkin at the time when country music wasn't cool.Sorry to Barbara Mandrell .I stole your line from your hit song.
It was 8 years later in Hartford when was the first time I want to see the Mac live.

The 30th anni when the first time I seen Stevie live will be next summer 2016.If she tours.I will celebrate the 30th with a big fat glass of root beer in my hand.LOL............................At the show.Its will be worth $6 to 8 bucks to get it at the show.

iamnotafraid 11-16-2015 01:40 AM

Read the Holy Bible and know what's happening in this world.

And pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

SisterNightroad 11-16-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1175138)
And pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

I think for the first time I totally agree with you.

landslide95 11-16-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1174919)

You're so lucky that you were able to experience that. Must have been a great show :blob2:

SisterNightroad 12-13-2015 02:58 PM

Last Sunday Adele was the guest at my national left wing channel's pr0gram "Che tempo che fa" and did two beautiful live performances, here they are if someone is interested (scroll at the end of the page):

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/adele-s-hello/

Macfanforever 12-13-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1176540)
Last Sunday Adele was the guest at my national left wing channel's pr0gram "Che tempo che fa" and did two beautiful live performances, here they are if someone is interested (scroll at the end of the page):

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/adele-s-hello/

She will have a TV special coming up on NBC here in the states.

iamnotafraid 12-14-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1176546)
She will have a TV special coming up on NBC here in the states.

They just had to schedule that during the Miami Dolphins' game.

Maybe someone will put it up on YouTube.

Macfanforever 12-14-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1176553)
They just had to schedule that during the Miami Dolphins' game.

Maybe someone will put it up on YouTube.

Yea .Its on tonight at 10PM .I thought it was going to be on this Friday night.I'm glad that I look at the TV listing on Zap2it earlier today.

I agree .It probably be on YT or other vid sites by tomorrow.

Macfanforever 12-16-2015 10:19 PM

Great show with Adele .I'm glad that I DVRed it.

On the other hand .Mac miss the boat with network TV specials in the 1970's and 80's excluding the pay channel shows.

SisterNightroad 12-17-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1174880)
I agree with you with everything but the thing is that these conception is a bit wrong, not too mention that in some cases of people I've encountered it seemed theirs was downright a choice instead of an attribute.
It's just that in some cases being only half informed is just as detrimental as being completely ignorant...

Not to beat a dead horse, but I noticed that what I wrote could be misunderstood.
I just think some of these new categories, although they do exist, aren't surely a orientations.
I'm thinking particularly about the definition of "Demisexual" a person that can feel sexual attraction only when there's been established an emotional connection.

iamnotafraid 12-27-2015 10:42 PM

Elvis has no less than 5 albums inside the Billboard Top 200
this week. JTIS.