The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac announced as 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57360)

elle 01-28-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1247943)
Lindsey looked so unhappy and tense in a lot of photos from that event. My best guess is he got yelled at and lectured by Mick before they stepped foot in front of the reporters. Stevie was most likely trying to make LB feel secure by squeezing his arm like that. Gotta keep the man happy lest he storms out and ditches the event.

yeah he did on that red carpet, definitely. at the time i ascribed it to his regular "serious" face he pulls for every photo, but knowing what we know now, it's pretty obvious he had a feeling something is cooking.

i think he was pissed at Mick and Stevie because they didn't want to work with him to accommodate his solo needs while he would always bend over backwards for band's needs... as he did in this case too - trying to find solutions that could work for everyone since they first told him they wouldn't postpone the FM tour for 2 months so he can fit in his solo dates. maybe he found out from Mick that nobody has ran the concurrent tours option by Stevie because they were afraid she'd go ballistic? whatever it was it looks like he knew they didn't want to compromise to find the workable solution. turns out he didn't know the half of it!

are you saying Stevie was hanging all over his arm to try and lull him into false security so she can kick him even harder when she pushed him down right after the event?

what do you think they did to him that would make him storm out? i mean he obviously flew in with his family to be at the event. why storm out?

Buster 01-29-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1247947)
Look at that family? You wonder why Stevie is a bitter, angry, jealous hag? There it is, she can't take that LB has this GORGEOUS family, and all she has (like a cliche old hollywood fading actress) is her fans. Sad.

Misogyny. A woman doesn’t need a family to feel accomplished in life.

Haven’t been here in some time, I see it’s the same 4-5 people saying the same things.

elle 01-29-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1247978)

:rolleyes:

there is plenty of misogyny going around. false labeling of fair points that have nothing to do with it as misogyny, just because the person someone talks about is a woman, is not helpful. it just muddies the issue.

Stevie Nicks has said plenty of times, over and over, that she regrets not having kids. this is not something fans ascribe to her. she has talked about her lost klonopin decade as her last chance to finally have a kid.

and - of course a woman doesn't need a partner or kids to be accomplished. and plenty of women do. just this specific woman seems to be talking a lot about how much she missed by not having a family. maybe she's just bsing, i can't know that, but she talked about it plenty.

let's stay close - in FM. why is nobody saying that Christine is jealous of families that others in FM have? because she is so obviously not! because she has never talked about missing out by not having kids. seems pretty obvious Christine Perfect McVie not just is incredibly accomplished but also owns and is happy with choices she made in life.

elle 01-29-2019 12:05 PM

looking through this thread, which was written almost entirely before we knew about the Lindsey ouster (first i heard about it was Feb 8), it is pretty clear that this fandom was just as divided before it happened. and that Lindsey-hate among the chiff-cult was alive and well for a long time and didn't start with Musicares.

lovethemac1 01-29-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1247980)
looking through this thread, which was written almost entirely before we knew about the Lindsey ouster (first i heard about it was Feb 8), it is pretty clear that this fandom was just as divided before it happened. and that Lindsey-hate among the chiff-cult was alive and well for a long time and didn't start with Musicares.

I agree with you, and it has been perpetuated by Stevie for years. Her on again/off again, hatred/love of Lindsey, has been top of her topics for discussion for years. Anyone who was sucked into it, has had a mad-on for him for all that time as well.

As much as I always loved her, I still loved him and the band just as much, so I tended to just roll my eyes at her comments.

But now, she crossed the line and her behavior has been cunning, cruel, and bullying, along with Mick who seems to just stupidly follow the all-mighty dollar.

I didn't like bullies as a child, and I don't like them now. I have gone back and watched Destiny Rules a number of times since this happened, and I still stand by the fact that I think Lindsey was patient, gentle, yet direct with his comments. He did not strike me as a bully, and she struck me as a defensive, immature, spoiled brat. She's really the passive aggressive bully, or victim/bully definition. Chiff-heads will be exploding right now, but that's how I saw it.

jbrownsjr 01-29-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1247979)
:rolleyes:

there is plenty of misogyny going around. false labeling of fair points that have nothing to do with it as misogyny, just because the person someone talks about is a woman, is not helpful. it just muddies the issue.

Stevie Nicks has said plenty of times, over and over, that she regrets not having kids. this is not something fans ascribe to her. she has talked about her lost klonopin decade as her last chance to finally have a kid.

and - of course a woman doesn't need a partner or kids to be accomplished. and plenty of women do. just this specific woman seems to be talking a lot about how much she missed by not having a family. maybe she's just bsing, i can't know that, but she talked about it plenty.

let's stay close - in FM. why is nobody saying that Christine is jealous of families that others in FM have? because she is so obviously not! because she has never talked about missing out by not having kids. seems pretty obvious Christine Perfect McVie not just is incredibly accomplished but also owns and is happy with choices she made in life.

I love strong women and I don't think a woman needs to complete herself to have kids. In fact, I have always respected Stevie (because I'm gay and don't have kids and had aspirations to be on stage) for following her career.

I do however think she is jealous because LB did something she couldn't do. And, he made an album with Christine and it was delightful for all 4 members.. (guess he's not such a monster after all)

If you look at the way these two woman act. Both are divorced without kids. But one is very bitter and angry and the other classy and humble. That's not misogyny. Please don't overuse that word. Let it be used for women in this world that need it and deserve it.

I truly hope $tevie apologizes to Lindsey and family for her little nasty stunt. And then furthering the embarrassment by going on National TV and saying it was his own fault he was fired. $he said that with a straight face knowing that not one of them was decent enough to pick up the phone and say, "hey, I'm upset about XXXX, let's talk." The more I learn about it through different channels, the more it sickens me.

HomerMcvie 01-29-2019 01:50 PM

Little stunt???:shrug:

More like the worst thing $he's ever done in her life. Including those other things, too!

secondhandchain 01-29-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1247978)

Haven’t been here in some time, I see it’s the same 4-5 people saying the same things.

How many times must we say it? It's not about her being a WOMAN. It's about a person be it MAN OR WOMAN, who is jealous because she doesn't have the beautiful family her ex has. GIVE THE MISOGYNY CRAP A REST!!!!!! I stand by my statements.

jbrownsjr 01-29-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1247984)
Little stunt???:shrug:

More like the worst thing $he's ever done in her life. Including those other things, too!

Hey! don't you mock me. You know what I meant. :laugh::wavey:

HomerMcvie 01-29-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1247988)
Hey! don't you mock me. You know what I meant. :laugh::wavey:

I would never mock you.

Unless you start making goat noises.

Then it's ON.

sodascouts 01-29-2019 03:37 PM

While it's true that Stevie has at times expressed a certain wistfulness about not having kids, it's a pretty big leap from that to "she got Lindsey fired because she's jealous that he has a family." What's even worse is to her Lindsey echo a sentiment like that in a interview. Made me cringe.

I hate that she did this, but that "motivation" is speculative to the extreme. Far more likely that she got him fired because she selfishly wanted to be the queen bee on this tour. She did not want to have anyone around who made her "unhappy" by arguing with her (ie did not let her have her way all the time). I get this from all that crap she was spouting about wanting to be happy and dance around her apartment etc. when she was talking about Lindsey's firing.

elle 01-29-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1247983)
I do however think she is jealous because LB did something she couldn't do. And, he made an album with Christine and it was delightful for all 4 members.. (guess he's not such a monster after all)

i think you are onto something here - it's about that crazy competitiveness and jealousy and trying to always one-up each other between those 2. professionally and personally.

him being there with his gorgeous family and paying attention to them and not her? did you ever watch their interactions on stage and how she behaves when he pays attention to fans (that the band is there for!) instead of her? if you did, you have your answer.

also, while LB has humbly stated a number of times how lucky he feels to have been invited into FM, SN seems to be determined to project how she would be highly successful no matter what or who, that it's all in the talent and hard work - and that luck, timing, and people around her had nothing to do with it. she's certainly not humble. so while many seem to be inclined to ascribe emotional and personal reasons to why SN put out her ultimatum, imho ejecting LB out of FM has a lot to do with that - another step in trying to prove it's all her and his contributions to her and FM success were minimal. of course, other parts add on - BuckVie happy collaboration, wanting to make new music, and not bowing down to the queen like she's been used to outside FM. now she has upper hand in the band, everyone has to bow down to her, and can do whatever she wants. it may not make her or the rest of the band members happy, but i guess money, arena adulation and private jets more than make up for it! ;)

that said, if LB stated something as possibly playing into it, i'm surprised that so many fans seem to think they know what triggers SN much better than he does, even though the 2 of them knew each other for 50+ years. :shrug:

sodascouts 01-29-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1247991)
that said, if LB stated something as possibly playing into it, i'm surprised that so many fans seem to think they know what triggers SN much better than he does, even though the 2 of them knew each other for 50+ years. :shrug:

Fair point.

I do wonder, though, if he wasn't partially motivated - even subconsciously - by the desire to take a dig. Nothing makes one feel better about oneself than the "she did it because she's jealous of me" scenario. It's much more flattering than the alternative theory.

elle 01-29-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1247992)
Fair point.

I do wonder, though, if he wasn't partially motivated - even subconsciously - by the desire to take a dig. Nothing makes one feel better about oneself than the "she did it because she's jealous of me" scenario. It's much more flattering than the alternative theory.

agreed. as i was writing how competitive they are with each other - and then how they know how to trigger each other, i started to wonder about that too.

sue 01-29-2019 05:17 PM

I did wonder why she was holding onto Lindsey so much..(at the Musicares event)..
Maybe she is very jealous of his family she holds onto him on stage, in public view.
It’s almost as if she’s saying look, he really is mine, always was, always will be...no matter what.
No matter if he has three kids with you....And guess what I can even sack him, I have complete control...
I and I still believe all this began when Christine returned.

lovethemac1 01-29-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1247994)
I did wonder why she was holding onto Lindsey so much..(at the Musicares event)..
Maybe she is very jealous of his family she holds onto him on stage, in public view.
It’s almost as if she’s saying look, he really is mine, always was, always will be...no matter what.
No matter if he has three kids with you....And guess what I can even sack him, I have complete control...
I and I still believe all this began when Christine returned.

You know, this is a really interesting observation. I remember before Chris returned, how Stevie was always gushing about their friendship, talking about her in such a positive, loving way.
Then when Chris did come back, I remember seeing an interview and thinking, "ok, Stevie does not seem remotely as excited as I thought she would be." It just kind of struck me as odd at the time.

jbrownsjr 01-30-2019 09:28 AM

$he had a whole tour of it being about Christine and NOT her. It drove her so crazy that she had to end the show talking about how she brought Christine back with her spirit catcher... and sometimes included the collective fans wishing Christine back.

Then, they had the nerve to do an amazing album without her. 4 members making great music!

Then, they made a documentary about the making of the album. They looked so happy! No spirit catchers, no fighting about getting her hands in production, no singing fish, no Karen, just beautiful harmony and music.

Then............... THEY TOURED!!

When you DON'T have a family and your only life is your career... You have to validate your power position.

Keep in mind, they were touring BuckVie during the East/West. You know that didn't go over well. It's not that hard to figure out what happened here.

button-lip 01-30-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1248005)
$he had a whole tour of it being about Christine and NOT her. It drove her so crazy that she had to end the show talking about how she brought Christine back with her spirit catcher... and sometimes included the collective fans wishing Christine back.

Then, they had the nerve to do an amazing album without her. 4 members making great music!

Then, they made a documentary about the making of the album. They looked so happy! No spirit catchers, no fighting about getting her hands in production, no singing fish, no Karen, just beautiful harmony and music.

Then............... THEY TOURED!!

When you DON'T have a family and your only life is your career... You have to validate your power position.

Keep in mind, they were touring BuckVie during the East/West. You know that didn't go over well. It's not that hard to figure out what happened here.

And she had to bring back the fact that Christine was absent for 16 years on every ****ing show. It was like: "and now you come back to ruin everything". :rolleyes:

I always wonder why $he didn't leave the band if she was/is so successful on her own. I mean, if she wasn't jealous about BuckVie, then why didn't she let Lindsey do his thing while she did her thing and everybody's happy?

Seriously, all she has is her career. Which should be ok if that's all she cares about. But apparently not everything's so perfect as she claims to be on her interviews. And not everything's so perfect in Fakewood Mac without Lindsey now as she wished it was gonna be.

Still remember how they were late on stage while the Brits were waiting for them on the Classic East. When they finally hit the stage everybody around me were certain they had been fighting. :D:D

vivfox 01-31-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1247972)
yeah he did on that red carpet, definitely. at the time i ascribed it to his regular "serious" face he pulls for every photo, but knowing what we know now, it's pretty obvious he had a feeling something is cooking.

i think he was pissed at Mick and Stevie because they didn't want to work with him to accommodate his solo needs while he would always bend over backwards for band's needs... as he did in this case too - trying to find solutions that could work for everyone since they first told him they wouldn't postpone the FM tour for 2 months so he can fit in his solo dates. maybe he found out from Mick that nobody has ran the concurrent tours option by Stevie because they were afraid she'd go ballistic? whatever it was it looks like he knew they didn't want to compromise to find the workable solution. turns out he didn't know the half of it!

are you saying Stevie was hanging all over his arm to try and lull him into false security so she can kick him even harder when she pushed him down right after the event?

what do you think they did to him that would make him storm out? i mean he obviously flew in with his family to be at the event. why storm out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1247994)

The entire time she held onto his arm he looked miserable. When you hold onto someone like that you are usually offering them assurance over something. I think Stevie worried he might storm out of the event because one of our Ledgie's with inside info had told us how LB got angry with the band at a private corporate event and stormed off the stage and refused to return. The band finished the set without him. And I think Stevie did not want a repeat of that situation at Music Cares.

mitzo 01-31-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1248085)
The entire time she held onto his arm he looked miserable. When you hold onto someone like that you are usually offering them assurance over something. I think Stevie worried he might storm out of the event because one of our Ledgie's with inside info had told us how LB got angry with the band at a private corporate event and stormed off the stage and refused to return. The band finished the set without him. And I think Stevie did not want a repeat of that situation at Music Cares.

Wow. And he is the victim? Gag me with a spoon...

button-lip 01-31-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol: $tevie would NEVER pass the opportunity to see Lindsey making a fool of himself in front of his family. And to see his family reaction.

Funny how not a soul from that corporate event said a word about it. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1248087)
Wow. And he is the victim? Gag me with a spoon...

The Queen is the victim. We all know that. Poor, poor Stevie! And it’s all Lindsey’s fault, of course. That’s why she’s out there giving interviews, taking about Lindsey while promoting her tour and interacting with fans. Because she’s innocent. :rolleyes:

sleepless child 02-01-2019 09:45 AM

I can't imagine that Lindsey would be that unprofessional. I hope this isn't true.

Wonder what he would have been so mad about?

lovethemac1 02-01-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Maybe he's tired of her running the show?? And being a pain in the a**.

And maybe he was sick of her giving him a hard time, then making it look like she's all lovey dovey with him when we all know she'd put a knife in his back the minute he turned away?

button-lip 02-01-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1248102)
I can't imagine that Lindsey would be that unprofessional. I hope this isn't true.

Wonder what he would have been so mad about?

Why would it be true when all the other things people with sources have been saying for the past year are untrue? ;)

button-lip 02-01-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1248106)
Maybe he's tired of her running the show?? And being a pain in the a**.

And maybe he was sick of her giving him a hard time, then making it look like she's all lovey dovey with him when we all know she'd put a knife in his back the minute he turned away?

Seriously. Just because she held onto his arm it doesn't mean she's a saint and he's a monster. He ended up being fired by them.

elle 02-01-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

The entire time she held onto his arm he looked miserable. When you hold onto someone like that you are usually offering them assurance over something. I think Stevie worried

yes, that must be it. because Stevie has always been such calming influence on Lindsey. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1248106)
maybe he was sick of her giving him a hard time, then making it look like she's all lovey dovey with him when we all know she'd put a knife in his back the minute he turned away?

sounds more like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1248115)
Why would it be true when all the other things people with sources have been saying for the past year are untrue? ;)

haha right - where is the source? sounds like someone dreamed up something completely nonsensical. :)

elle 03-28-2021 11:45 AM

2018 Musicares now entering notoriety -

https://www.ajc.com/life/music-blog/...OKU77K2B2R644/

MusiCares goes on a ‘Mission’ with virtual event featuring BTS, H.E.R., John Legend and others
Jhené Aiko sings during the March 12, 2021 virtual event, "Music on a Mission," produced by MusiCares.

Credit: Courtesy of MusiCares
Atlanta Music Scene
| March 12, 2021
By Melissa Ruggieri, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In a normal year, the annual MusiCares Person of the Year benefit – traditionally the Friday night before the Grammy Awards – recognizes an artist or band for musical and charitable contributions.

In January 2020, all eyes were on honorees Aerosmith, who only days early had possibly, maybe, perhaps booted drummer Joey Kramer from the band (the veteran sticksman took a bow with Aerosmith that night, but did not play during their performance).

The year prior, Dolly Parton earned the honor and, notably, the 2018 feting of Fleetwood Mac was the impetus for Stevie Nicks’ furor at Lindsey Buckingham (he gently mocked Nicks behind her back as she was addressing the crowd), resulting in his departure from the storied songsmiths.

It’s also always a ritzy fundraiser for the charitable arm of the Recording Academy, which typically assists musicians who need financial aid for health crises or other emergencies.

But in our still-pandemic lives, the blah-ness of a virtual world remains and this year, rather than spotlight an honoree, MusiCares tweaked its focus to “Music on a Mission.” The online event paid tribute to the resilience of the music industry while also reminding people of the dire needs of so many musicians, crew members and others within the live music community whose livelihoods have been decimated by COVID-19.

In the past year, MusiCares has distributed more than $24 million to about 30,000 music professionals.

On Friday night, a $25 donation provided viewers an opening set from DJ D Nice in his “Club Quarantine” (fittingly, his first tune was Sister Sledge’s “Lost in Music”) and slightly more than an hour of pre-taped current performances, clips from the MusiCares vault and affirmations from artists including Gloria Estefan, Elton John, Ringo Starr and Lionel Richie about the importance of the organization. (Those who purchased a ticket can view the production through March 19.)
H.E.R. performs "Fight for You" during the 2021 MusiCares "Music on a Mission" livestream.

Credit: Courtesy of MusiCares

All proceeds from the event will be distributed to music industry people in need; at its peak – pre-BTS performance – the livestream nabbed almost 19,000 viewers.

Beamed in from their respective sound stages or, in the case of John Legend, impeccably appointed living room with a fire flickering in the background, a lineup that also included Jhené Aiko,, Haim, H.E.R. and BTS unfurled their respective hits, including “Love” (Aiko), “Fight For You” (H.E.R.) and “Dynamite” (BTS, who utilized an empty theater and stationed JK – aka Jungkook – behind a drum set for a bit).

While well-intentioned, the current performances interspersed with caffeinated throwback videos mostly made us long for the types of packed audiences and shared electricity among music lovers shown in the old footage.

From Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (the 2014 honorees) to Usher (saluting Lionel Richie in 2016 with a pitch-perfect rendition of The Commodores’ “Lady”) to Nicks with friend Tom Petty (the subject of 2017′s tribute only months before his untimely death) duetting on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” MusiCares has undoubtedly created many a stirring musical moment.

Let’s hope for that collective experience in 2022.

Follow the Atlanta Music Scene on Facebook and Twitter.

UnwindedDreams 03-28-2021 11:56 AM

Still not sure what the the smirk was. I was there. Maybe it was when she said Lindsey and she joined FM at 17 and 18, which she corrected.
I can tell you when Stevie was walking up to the microphone the cheering was thunderous. As it was too when President Clinton said he brought a date.
Mick and Christine started to dance like they were at a formal.
Then, I remember Lindsey put his hand out for John to dance, John laughingly shook his head. Then Lindsey did a twist with his leg.

I mean Stevie had her arm around Lindsey's while they were standing on stage during the speaking part.

HomerMcvie 03-28-2021 12:39 PM

The princess found a pea(smirk).

What a child $he is.

UnwindedDreams 03-28-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265822)
The princess found a pea(smirk).

What a child $he is.

You ever wonder if she got him tossed because he wanted FM to create new music and she didn't?

If you read one of Dick's new interviews, he said he wishes the group made an album after SYW.

HomerMcvie 03-28-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265823)
You ever wonder if she got him tossed because he wanted FM to create new music and she didn't?

If you read one of Dick's new interviews, he said he wishes the group made an album after SYW.

It has been the hypothesis of many, that the recording of Buck Vie without her was the final straw for her.

BLY 03-28-2021 02:02 PM

They did....

A new album was recorded in 2017 by the band but Stevie opted not to join..mistake to call it Lindsey Buckingham/ Christine McVie. It s Fleetwood Mac!

UnwindedDreams 03-28-2021 02:09 PM

And Stevie's FM had from March - October 2018 to record some new stuff.

No creative energy any more. So lazy they are.

HomerMcvie 03-28-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1265825)
A new album was recorded in 2017 by the band but Stevie opted not to join..mistake to call it Lindsey Buckingham/ Christine McVie. It s Fleetwood Mac!

It was totally FLEETWOOD MAC.

F*ck her. $he RUINED FM.