The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   An unreleased track from In The Meantime (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=28672)

macfan 57 09-30-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 576750)
okay, sorry to sidestep the mystery man discussion, but I was wondering--out of pure GREED of course-- whether or not anyone knew of additional tracks that weren't on ITM. Whether or not anyone has a demo, somewhere...or at least knows the titles of the songs...

As of right now, there are 14 songs that we know of from ITM...the 12 songs on the album, plus this "new" song & accoustic Friend, which was an iTunes exclusive. There are more demos, outtakes, maybe extra songs, etc. on her nephew's computer. I WISH she'd let us hear them by releasing them on her website, if she doesn't ever want to record again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 576750)
Here's hoping Christine falls in love again, falls tragically out of love quickly, and is inspired to write 12 more songs with her nephew. :laugh:

Honestly, I don't see why she wouldn't do a covers album, just her at the piano playing some standards--pop, blues, or even a tinge of jazz. Or, she coould re-do a number of her songs for just her and the piano. Bet it would get even better reviews than ITM, too. Worse came to worse, she could throw a Christmas tune on it.:lol:

I'd take anything(and I mean anything:D )that she'd want to give us. I know she loves the blues & jazz. That would really be something interesting & different.

GypsySongbird 09-30-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 576752)
I'd take anything(and I mean anything:D )that she'd want to give us. I know she loves the blues & jazz. That would really be something interesting & different.

if christine read the phone book, i would buy it, seriously.

Neb-Maat-Re 10-11-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57;
My copy has the same album cover as the one we know. There is an alternate title for "Easy Come, Easy Go". That song is listed on the insert as "That's The Way It Is".

The title of this song must have been decided quite late. A couple of Aus CD sites list Track 8 as "Unknown".

LukeA 10-11-2006 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re (Post 580237)
The title of this song must have been decided quite late. A couple of Aus CD sites list Track 8 as "Unknown".

That's odd... it's an "old" song. Fleetwood Mac rehearsed it for the Dance, but opted for Temporary One instead.

macfan 57 10-11-2006 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re (Post 580237)

That's odd. On my Aussie promo CD, "Come Out To Play" is track #3. Also, "Easy Come, Easy Go" is track #8 on my officially released CD & on my Aussie promo CD it has a different title, "That's The Way It Is".

macfan 57 10-11-2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 580252)
That's odd... it's an "old" song. Fleetwood Mac rehearsed it for the Dance, but opted for Temporary One instead.

How do you know this?:shocked: I know Chris brought 4 or 5 songs with her for the Dance, but I've never heard what those songs were, other than "Temporary One".

anna 10-11-2006 02:42 PM

Hey Macfan...

I tried to listen to it, but I didn't succeed. Is the link still working?
Thanks,
Anna

macfan 57 10-11-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anna (Post 580590)
I tried to listen to it, but I didn't succeed. Is the link still working?
Thanks,
Anna

Anna, that link has expired. Here's a new link:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...YBYaJ05vUTk%3D

Neb-Maat-Re 10-11-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57;
That's odd. On my Aussie promo CD, "Come Out To Play" is track #3. Also, "Easy Come, Easy Go" is track #8 on my officially released CD & on my Aussie promo CD it has a different title, "That's The Way It Is".

Yes, sounds like some prat at the Aus record company/distributor couldn't get their info right.

I see it was re-released last week in Aus by Shock Records (who seem to be the outlet for Sanctuary). I'm trying to determine the current track list.