The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   bad blood (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36940)

jbrownsjr 08-12-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryscutter (Post 768199)
Maybe Chris just thought Lindsey wasnt a good houseguest since he always beat up his girlfriends at her house

:wavey: Sorry I couldnt resist

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

well the good of it is... he wrote "don't look down" as he was dragging Carol Anne down Christine's driveway.... :nod::sorry:;)

michelej1 08-12-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind (Post 768155)
What interview was that in. I cannot remember it. I am getting old :laugh:

Ok, the second interview was from Microsoft Music Central in August 1997. Lindsey says:

Quote:

We had a lot of problems by the time we joined, as did John and Chris. So it was one of the things that Stevie and Chris had in common. What drew them together was the need to commiserate. Without that catalyst, maybe it would have been drawn out longer. Or maybe we would have worked it out.
When I was looking for that article, I saw one from the Philadelphia Inquirer in 1997 which had a sweet little moment:

Quote:

Christine McVie prepares to leave for the day, but before stepping into her car, the singer stops to kiss Buckingham on the cheek. "Goodbye, Lindsey," she says. "Don't stress yourself out too much."
Michele

strandinthewind 08-13-2008 05:19 AM

^^^

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David 08-13-2008 07:37 AM

Stevie talked about this, as well, back around 1980 on KMET's The Rock Years. She said that she & Lindsey were breaking up when they joined the band, but that keeping busy with a new band, new album, & new tour -- & the resulting (but slow-in-coming) success -- gave them all a little extra energy & less of an urge to break up as a couple. As she put it, they were "riding an airstream." Ultimately, however, they were "airstreamed out."

michelej1 08-13-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 768289)
Stevie talked about this, as well, back around 1980 on KMET's The Rock Years. She said that she & Lindsey were breaking up when they joined the band, but that keeping busy with a new band, new album, & new tour -- & the resulting (but slow-in-coming) success -- gave them all a little extra energy & less of an urge to break up as a couple.

Yeah, I remember her saying that she held off on the break up for awhile, so that the band could survive.

But I think Lindsey is saying the reverse here, that being in the band could have prolonged the separation, yes, but also could have facilitated it. Stevie had someone to go through the process with her: Christine.

It's similar to Stevie saying that she and Lindsey were probably too scared to leave Northern California alone, but by joining forces they were able to leave home and conquer Hollywood together. With the strength of having another woman going through the same thing, Lindsey is saying Stevie found support and maybe the break up wouldn't have happened if Stevie didn't have that support and commiseration. Maybe they would have found their way back to each other.

On the other hand, Lindsey found support among the FM musicians himself. Stevie said that he related to them in a way he couldn't/didn't relate to her. And so I think being in the band gave him something to turn to, when they turned away from each other, as well. Without the new band mates (not to mention the distractions that money and dawning celebrity brought), maybe they would have ridden the rough patch together and looked again to each other.

Michele