The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

louielouie2000 12-12-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1031141)
JTIS....(I copied this from my tumblr...I didnt want to re type this out so some ppl will probably already know some stuff)

So I got into my car today to go to work…and my car doesn’t start! My car is a 2008 Nissan Sentra…not used…my grandmother bought it BRAND new in 2008. She gave it to me last December when she moved in with my mom up here in leominster. She wouldn’t be driving here since she probably wouldn’t know her way around and probably would forget…So she lets me drive her car. I get oil changes when it needs it, I put gas in it all the time, I keep total upkeep on the car.

So I have NO IDEA why my car wont start. The lights work and the horn…but when I turn the key it makes the sound like its about it start but doesn’t actually start. I called my uncle(who is my mechanic) and he said its either the battery or the key. So tomorrow I am going to try and jump start my car to see if its the battery. If not, I’ll drive to my moms house to get my Grams spare key…and by “I’ll drive” i mean my friend will drive me because I’d have no other ride lol

My mom cant drive til like April…because of her siezure she cant drive for 6 months so she got rid of her car.

So that is my dilemma…

It's the battery. Car batteries only last about 3 years (4 if you're *really* lucky). And when batteries go, they just go very suddenly. Cold weather really zaps them too, and is usually what pushes them over the edge. Once you've gotten your car jumped, go to an auto parts store (such as Autozone, Advance, Napa, etc). They'll run a test on on your battery while it's still in the car, and if the battery needs replacing, they'll do it for you at no additional cost. :)

vivfox 12-12-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1031143)
It's the battery. Car batteries only last about 3 years (4 if you're *really* lucky). And when batteries go, they just go very suddenly. Cold weather really zaps them too, and is usually what pushes them over the edge. Once you've gotten your car jumped, go to an auto parts store (such as Autozone, Advance, Napa, etc). They'll run a test on on your battery while it's still in the car, and if the battery needs replacing, they'll do it for you at no additional cost. :)

Yup. I just had that done last week at Advanced Auto Parts.

Enchanted_Stevi 12-12-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaidSomething (Post 1031100)
Caitlin...those are beautiful. She will LOVE them. I love amethysts too...purple is my favorite color. I have a really big Amethyst Crystal that I got for my birthday...I mean big...one side is raw and untouched...and a small part is polished and shined. Its on a pedestal going from my living room to dining room.. opposite is another pedestal with a big angel statue. I have to show you the pics.

Xo

My gram loves amethyst cuz its her birthstone...my birthstone is a diamond =P
I love purple as well
I love to see pics!!!

BTFLCHLD 12-12-2011 06:35 PM

anybody here ever have a fckd up back? doesnt seem to garner much sympathy pain (i.e. Neale)

iamnotafraid 12-12-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 1031228)
anybody here ever have a fckd up back? doesnt seem to garner much sympathy pain (i.e. Neale)

Yes. Herniated disc L4 and L5.
I couldn't imagine strapping a
guitar over my shoulder when
it's bad. That pain will humble
you.

jannieC 12-12-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 1031228)

Oh, do I ever. Lumbar spinal fusion at age 10 due to Spondylosisthesis. Dove into a 4ft pool a year later and cracked some vertebrae in my upper back. Neck fusion in 1998.

Now I have two bulging discs (though they cause no problems), spinal stenosis, and advanced arthritis right above my lumbar fusion. I just had my first (and hopefully last) course of epidural steroid injections. I had suffered from back pain my entire life.

If you're suffering now, you have my sympathy.

Enchanted_Stevi 12-12-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1031143)

Thanks...I tried my spare key...my uncle said maybe its the "key program" or something...I didnt have time to jump my car today since I was out doing errands. So tomorrow I'm going to...I have to call my uncle cuz hes my mechanic

fringed n fab 12-13-2011 02:08 AM

So after 2 weeks of teasers, I was hoping Stephen King's "Bag of Bones" was going to be a lot more scarier than what it was on A&E. It was alright. Still waiting on him to make Duma Key though.

BTFLCHLD 12-13-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1031252)
Yes. Herniated disc L4 and L5. I couldn't imagine strapping a guitar over my shoulder when it's bad. That pain will humble you.

L4-L5 here too :wavey: it is very humbling. at its worst, i was on my hands and knees crawling to the bathroom. to read Neale has been dealing with this since the beginning of the SWS tour, shows what a loyal and dedicated trouper he is for getting through what he could for the band. how is your back doing??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 1031260)
Oh, do I ever. Lumbar spinal fusion at age 10 due to Spondylosisthesis. Dove into a 4ft pool a year later and cracked some vertebrae in my upper back. Neck fusion in 1998.

Now I have two bulging discs (though they cause no problems), spinal stenosis, and advanced arthritis right above my lumbar fusion. I just had my first (and hopefully last) course of epidural steroid injections. I had suffered from back pain my entire life.

If you're suffering now, you have my sympathy.

jannie, I had no idea. my bro broke his neck diving into a pool at 17. for me, the final straws on my back were falling in a las vegas bathtub, and then lifting what amounted to the weight of a bathtub (my neice's suitcase) high into an SUV. i was more worried about the tub bruise on my arm. but, by the third day, I was on the floor. i have had three epidural injections -- first one lasted three months, second one 1.5 years and this one last one is going on 2.5 years. this will probably catch up with me at some point, but I don't want to have surgery and working everything I can (injections, yoga, etc) to get through.

beccamorrisfift 12-13-2011 02:48 PM

Tomorrow I have an English Language controlled assessment for 2hrs. Then I have an Additional Science mock.
In January I have a History re-sit for an exam I got a B in, an Additional Science module exam and most probably an English exam, all of which I will be studying for over the Christmas break.

:thumbsup:

poetinmyheart 12-13-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift (Post 1031343)
Tomorrow I have an English Language controlled assessment for 2hrs. Then I have an Additional Science mock.
In January I have a History re-sit for an exam I got a B in, an Additional Science module exam and most probably an English exam, all of which I will be studying for over the Christmas break.

:thumbsup:

Good luck with it all. What's your controlled assessment on?

iamnotafraid 12-13-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD (Post 1031309)
L4-L5 here too :wavey: it is very humbling. at its worst, i was on my hands and knees crawling to the bathroom. to read Neale has been dealing with this since the beginning of the SWS tour, shows what a loyal and dedicated trouper he is for getting through what he could for the band. how is your back doing??

BTFLCHLD,
I've had those herniated discs for about 20 years now.
As you probably know sometimes it's worse than others.
And when it's bad I've did the crawling thing too.
Sorry to hear you have the condition too.

Though I don't travel, I imagine that would have been
very hard on Neale. Possibly worse than shouldering
those guitars. So I'm like you I completely understand
him not being able to tour. Anyone who's had that pain
would understand. Though I suppose we disagree if ever
so slightly on how Lindsey and management handled the
situation.

JannieC, sorry to hear about your back/neck problems.

Enchanted_Stevi 12-13-2011 11:40 PM

JTIS...

MY CAR NOW WORKS!!!! Ashley's dad came home for lunch from work today to jumpstart my car...So after a few tries and reveing the gas it finally turned on =) So We left it on for a few minutes and turned it off and on to make sure it would keep working or whatever...I didnt drive it yet today...but if the battery dies again then I'll get a new one...

I even learned how to open the hood of my car =P I could never get those dang things to open...Oh and I even watched a youtube video on how to jumpstart a car =P

vivfox 12-14-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1031442)
JTIS...

MY CAR NOW WORKS!!!! Ashley's dad came home for lunch from work today to jumpstart my car...So after a few tries and reveing the gas it finally turned on =) So We left it on for a few minutes and turned it off and on to make sure it would keep working or whatever...I didnt drive it yet today...but if the battery dies again then I'll get a new one...

I even learned how to open the hood of my car =P I could never get those dang things to open...Oh and I even watched a youtube video on how to jumpstart a car =P

I probably didn't need to buy a new battery. I didn't learn this til later but after my car ran for a bit and then was shut off, it started just fine and then I bought the battery. Oh well, you live and you learn.

vivfox 12-14-2011 12:34 AM

JTIS that I never buy cards, ever. I hand make them. I just finished mass producing all 21 of my Christmas cards. They are so beautiful. I almost don't want to send them out. I wish someone would send me something homemade.