The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   American Idol: Season 6 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=30822)

GardenStateGirlie 05-19-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 688718)
Exactly what I'm thinking. I honestly don't care who wins now though. I'll base my votes (if I even bother) on their performances next week.

same. and i hesitate to say this but i feel like it doesn't matter who wins this year -- i'm thinking what happened last year will happen again. both blake and jordin have good voices but i'm not sure either are the type of performers to sustain a huge fan base for an extended period of time. much as i love mcphee, her album is absolute crap -- the writing is terrible and the only single out [over it] is honestly the only song on the album of any merit, imho [and yes, i own the entire album]. and, well...we all know what happened with last years winner :laugh: though i have been a jordin fan, basically, i could care less who wins :nod:

cliffdweller 05-21-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 689208)
Why thank you! He is something else let me tell you.

Moby is his name. Moby Dog.

This cute little guy is a gift from a friend who bred his dogs. His Dad is a mix breed, Chihuahua/Dachsund. His Mom is a pure bred, Peruvian Hairless.

Thankfully he has hair though! He's weighs 15lbs and perfect for the house. But don't his smaller side fool you, he is a alpha dog and true Master of Destruction. I love him though!

He won Pet Of The Month at his dog food company:
Pet Of The Month: February

The "alpha dog" complex comes from his Chihuahua background. My sister's Chihuahua is only like 5 lbs and he thinks he's the big dog around the house. It's so funny and so cute!

cliffdweller 05-21-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer (Post 689206)
Hi Tracye! :wavey: Welcome back. Dishing American Idol this season just hasn't been the same without you.

Awww! Thanks. :wavey:

Unfortunately, this season has been one of the most lackluster in all of Idol history. There hasn't been NEAR enough controversey to keep me hugely interested :p.

Chrislit18 05-21-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffdweller (Post 690025)
Awww! Thanks. :wavey:

Unfortunately, this season has been one of the most lackluster in all of Idol history. There hasn't been NEAR enough controversey to keep me hugely interested :p.

aww. not even with sanjamima??? :laugh:
well, me and a couple of my gal pals are going on the idol tour this year :lol:
we already bought our tix, and we have decent seats. i actually hope that blake wins. jordan just isnt as marketable---or cute :o as him. so...im setting up yahoo IM [as ive been told to] to like vote continuously the whole two hours XD
not that jordin is horrible, just we all like blake LOL

skcin 05-22-2007 02:55 PM

So. *yawn* You guys gonna watch tonight? :shrug:

Beachwood Mac 05-22-2007 02:58 PM

Yes, but only to see Paula's broken nose. :laugh:

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-22-2007 03:17 PM

^^^:lol: :lol: :lol: I want to see how much Simon makes fun of her...I mean, more than usual.

skcin 05-22-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachwood Mac (Post 690505)
Yes, but only to see Paula's broken nose. :laugh:

Oh yeah, I heard about that! :lol:

Beachwood Mac 05-22-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 690518)
Oh yeah, I heard about that! :lol:

She probably doesn't even have a dog! :lol:

Chrislit18 05-22-2007 04:38 PM

lol. i saw it on the news this morning!
thank god for delayed school openings....
shes sooo like out-of-it anyways....
this is probably gonna be the most exciting epi all season
except for when sanjamima went home :D

BlackWidow 05-22-2007 06:30 PM

This should be good.

Chrislit18 05-22-2007 06:31 PM

BlackWidow, i love your sig :)
i have a shirt that says basically the same thing!

JazmenFlowers 05-22-2007 09:33 PM

boooring.

Jordin. first, don't break out a Christina song and especially not Fighter! the Martina song was ok, the last song was ok.

Blake. loved that he did the Bon Jovi song again, Maroon 5 song was ok but I wouldn't have picked a slow song like that, last song was really boring.

all in all...just as I suspected. something I could've skipped.

golden braid 05-22-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 690687)
boooring.
all in all...just as I suspected. something I could've skipped.

I agree. I actually don't like to watch the last week of AI because it's usually boring. The performers always sing songs they've already sang and then they have to do a cheesy AI song that the producers write for them or whatever they do. I especially hate the results show. It's 2 hours of filler with the last 5 minutes of revealing the new AI.

JazmenFlowers 05-22-2007 10:25 PM

^^^
sadly, with all of my shows, the results show has gotten to be a total waste of time. I just don't watch it until the last 10 minutes.