The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hmmmm. Is Lindsey scheduling a tour?? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36379)

BTFLCHLD 06-30-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Well that would certainly be a lot handier (and cheaper). Is it just a case of ordering the tickets when they first come on sale?
yes.

Quote:

I'll need to look up places to stay in San Diego anyway so Humphrey's might be as handy as anything else. Lots of research to do. :blob2:
definitely other places nicer and cheaper... of course if you land a premium suite overlooking the stage...I will join you. hehe

talk to you soon.

sywlindseyfan 06-30-2008 03:59 PM

hey Peestie we should have a Mini ledge meet up, I am also going to the Anaheim Show for sure, and I am working on who to go with for the Royce Hall show, ahah but we should definitely meet up everyone here who is going, so just PM me!!

Peestie 06-30-2008 04:12 PM

That sounds like it could be fun! My friend and I will most likely be going to the Royce Hall show so we'll maybe be able to meet up with you there or and Anaheim.

AliP 06-30-2008 05:49 PM

So does anyone know which tickets have actually gone on sale yet?

I was just checking Lake Tahoe and it seems they only have nosebleeds left?? I didn't realize any of the tickets had gone on sale yet.

alexandmaddie 06-30-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliP (Post 761476)
I was just checking Lake Tahoe and it seems they only have nosebleeds left??

Hmmm, I was just able to pull up row 2, center stage (for a single ticket).

Krista

ajmccarrell 06-30-2008 06:48 PM

Buckingham

Why in God's name are the tickets $260 and up???!!! Is there something I'm missing here? Do we get to have sex with him or something as part of the deal?

wondergirl9847 06-30-2008 07:53 PM

I hate this.

ticketsnow.com has tickets to some of the shows...between 200-300 bucks, and they aren't even front row. :rolleyes:

I hate this type of thing and it gets worse every year. :mad:

Maccafan5000 06-30-2008 07:58 PM

Wow, I am definitely out of the loop here. I'm looking on ticketmaster daily for sales, perhaps I should've been looking elsewhere.

What's with the outrageous prices? Do you guys think better tix will be available on ticketmaster for a lower price?

DavidMn 07-01-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 761494)
ticketsnow.com has tickets to some of the shows...between 200-300 bucks, and they aren't even front row. :rolleyes:

I hate this type of thing and it gets worse every year. :mad:

is that a broker?

TrueFaith77 07-01-2008 04:55 AM

i just saw one for 418 bucks. errr?

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-01-2008 09:04 AM

Ummm, those HAVE to be scalper prices. :confused: That's insane.

Chrislit18 07-01-2008 09:40 AM

^^^ I agree those prices are outragous!
For Lindsey Buckingham...seriously!?
500 bucks!?

Anyways, I'm sure #1LiddyBuckFan [Your name is Lindsey right? sorry I have a hard time remembering...] is right that they are scalper prices. Have any venues even put tickets up for sale yet?
I know Northampton isn't for sale or on the website yet....or Boston...

Livia 07-01-2008 09:49 AM

Those are definitely scalper prices. They know they will acquire those tickets to sell eventually (yes, it's a giant racket, it always is when sticketbastard's involved).

I believe the only venue currently selling tix is Harrah's in Lake Tahoe.

LB's not even on pollstar yet, and they're usually pretty quick about posting tour dates.

Chrislit18 07-01-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 761559)
Those are definitely scalper prices. They know they will acquire those tickets to sell eventually (yes, it's a giant racket, it always is when sticketbastard's involved).

I believe the only venue currently selling tix is Harrah's in Lake Tahoe.

LB's not even on pollstar yet, and they're usually pretty quick about posting tour dates.

I beleive that one or two venue's go on sale this friday...and Boston isn't until September 5, according to Ticketmaster....

Thanks for the info Livia!

I just hope they go onsale during the summer for me, since I'm home all day and I can just go buy my tickets ASAP...

michelej1 07-01-2008 03:55 PM

If there is going to be a new album, I wonder when we will hear about it. Isn't it strange to get concert days first, before there is official word of an album?

I'm one of those who thinks he wouldn't tour again without an album. Yet, I can't explain the silence.

Michele

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-01-2008 04:04 PM

I agree. it is weird. Though last time we got hardly any notice of the tour so I'm glad people have more time to plan...especially those who are traveling. I would think there would be info on a new album along with the tour though. I hope it's soon.

TrueFaith77 07-01-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 761615)
If there is going to be a new album, I wonder when we will hear about it. Isn't it strange to get concert days first, before there is official word of an album?

I'm one of those who thinks he wouldn't tour again without an album. Yet, I can't explain the silence.

Michele

Maybe the tracklist, title, etc have not been decided yet. ?

michelej1 07-01-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 761626)
Maybe the tracklist, title, etc have not been decided yet. ?

Maybe. And I guess it's best not to say when they'll be an album if that date only gets pushed back, because we all know how many times our hopes for the first GOS release were dashed.
Michele

TrueFaith77 07-01-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 761644)
Maybe. And I guess it's best not to say when they'll be an album if that date only gets pushed back, because we all know how many times our hopes for the first GOS release were dashed.
Michele

I don't mean to be redundant but have people found out by which record company this new solo cd will be released?

LukeA 07-01-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 761644)
Michele

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If Lindsey doesn't get the album (or even a single) out before these shows take place, not only will these shows be sparsely attended, but some will be canceled due to poor sales.

Of course, that's a BIG if, as I highly doubt the promoters involved in this tour would have submitted offers if they knew it would be his third time in the market in less than two years WITHOUT the benefit of a new "angle" (new album/single) to promote. Promoters already lost a bundle on the needless (again, speaking from a business perspective, not as a fan) concerts in repeat markets last time around, and they wouldn't be as stupid this time around without some assurances.

BTFLCHLD 07-02-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 761656)
I said it before, and I'll say it again. If Lindsey doesn't get the album (or even a single) out before these shows take place, not only will these shows be sparsely attended, but some will be canceled due to poor sales.

I've thought it before, and I'll think it again...I believe you are wrong.

Regina 07-02-2008 11:29 AM

The thing is...a new release is not really going to draw in fans who would not be inclined to seeing Lindsey, anyway. The only way it would do that (IMO) is if he'd have a mega-hit, mega-fast, and that's unlikely to happen considering the fact that radio stations rarely even play solo Lindsey.

He has a very specific, very loyal (I think) fanbase. And, at this point, even if it's the third time he's been out there in a relatively short amount of time-these are the fans that remember the 10+ years of waiting for him to hit the road as a solo performer and aren't about to let him play to an empty house if they have anything to say about it.

So, in conclusion, I don't care what he is or isn't hawking, I'm out there to hear him sing:laugh:

gretchen 07-02-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 761656)

IMHO, Linds could go out there and sing the ads in the phone book and it would be fantastic...because he is playing and singing...

My point is that you are casting such a black curtain over this situation before it even gets started. Linds doesn't need to release anything to draw his core base of people or "boutique" fans. I don't think show cancellation is even in the cards because this man mesmerizes; giving new material or some vague classical piece from 1625...he will be sublime. $.02.

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-02-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 761701)
The thing is...a new release is not really going to draw in fans who would not be inclined to seeing Lindsey, anyway. The only way it would do that (IMO) is if he'd have a mega-hit, mega-fast, and that's unlikely to happen considering the fact that radio stations rarely even play solo Lindsey.

He has a very specific, very loyal (I think) fanbase. And, at this point, even if it's the third time he's been out there in a relatively short amount of time-these are the fans that remember the 10+ years of waiting for him to hit the road as a solo performer and aren't about to let him play to an empty house if they have anything to say about it.

So, in conclusion, I don't care what he is or isn't hawking, I'm out there to hear him sing:laugh:

This is my feeling exactly. I recall talking to people at his shows last time who didn't even know he was promoting an album until he mentioned it in the show or they saw it on the souvenir tables. They came to see him play.

Nico 07-02-2008 12:26 PM

Well, I'll be seeing him in concert whether or not there is a new album is all I'll say.

michelej1 07-02-2008 12:41 PM

Oh, I'll see the devil in concert at least 10 times. But if there's not an album, I will complain bitterly the entire time. Also, if he doesn't sing what I want at the concerts I will complain. Also, I will probably complain about his clothes and hair too. And I will definitely complain about comments he makes in interviews.

Michele

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-02-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 761717)
Oh, I'll see the devil in concert at least 10 times. But if there's not an album, I will complain bitterly the entire time. Also, if he doesn't sing what I want at the concerts I will complain. Also, I will probably complain about his clothes and hair too. And I will definitely complain about comments he makes in interviews.

Michele

:lol:

We should go ahead and start some new threads as I'm sure once again these conversations will be had. "Why does he wear the same thing?" and "Survival Moves and Cycles".

Do these work for now? :p

TrueFaith77 07-02-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 761720)
:lol:

We should go ahead and start some new threads as I'm sure once again these conversations will be had. "Why does he wear the same thing?" and "Survival Moves and Cycles".

Do these work for now? :p

Thanks for making me L O L at work!

First, I was like: :lol:

My boss was like: :mad:

My co-workers were like: :confused:

So I was like: :o

So they were like: :laugh:

See, it's a cycle! And mentioning "cycles" always makes me :lol: etc.

You get the point.

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-02-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 761741)
Thanks for making me L O L at work!

First, I was like: :lol:

My boss was like: :mad:

My co-workers were like: :confused:

So I was like: :o

So they were like: :laugh:

See, it's a cycle! And mentioning "cycles" always makes me :lol: etc.

You get the point.

I'm glad you got a good laugh. :cool: I always love reading something that makes me do that.