The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood doesn't think Fleetwood Mac will Reunite with Ex Members (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58711)

kak125 07-18-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1253623)
Oh darn, you shattered my illusions. I just noticed someone else quoted the entire article so me deleting my post is moot.

It's all good! Yeah when Lindsey's name is misspelled it really irks me too. I'm surprised I didn't notice it when I posted it. I always do a quick check to make sure the article posted correctly. I did go back and fix the original one.

Yeah I can't see them ever getting back together. I saw them in Pittsburgh 3rd row and enjoyed the show but yeah the sound was turned down way too low. I didn't even need to use my earplugs. I remember seeing them in Toronto on the Say You Will Tour and forgot my earplugs and was almost crying during Come because it was so loud it was really hurting my ears. Ahh that show was so good though I got Lindsey to sign my ticket. I always loved being on his side during concerts.

cbBen 07-18-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1253617)
And goodness knows she’s tried to make it seem like she has him still, all the stupid comments about his kids being like her kids, they’ll be with each other when they die, blah blah blah. She’s so full of it.

Stevie Nicks, July 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

2:11: "It is, in many ways, one of the greatest love stories ever told. It’s like one of those great romances of the century."
2:27: "It’s a relationship that spans centuries and has come out on top.”
18:44: “Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was seventeen. And I haven’t seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac."

michelej1 07-19-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1253624)
In 1987, the band members were all 40 or 45 years old, so ten years down the road was feasible.

In 2019, with the band members are all 75 to 80 years old, 2 months down the road is being optimistic.

Villavic 07-22-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1253616)
Funny you should mention that. I can't help recalling in Mick's book how Stevie cried and begged Lindsey not to leave. Oh how times have changed...

August 7, 1987.
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"
Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't... hack it..."
///////////
I looked over at Stevie, who was brushing back tears. "Lindsey," she said, "you've broken my ****ing heart on this."

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood with Stephen Davis. 1990

“Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me,” Buckingham said in a statement to Rolling Stone regarding the suit. “I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”
Rolling Stone magazine, October 11, 2018.

Well, I do agree 100% with this 2018 Lindsey quote, but I guess (and no matter how accurate was Mick in his 1990 book, I think it reflects the actual Lindsey state of mind at that moment) he didn't care about Fleetwood Mac legacy in 1987.

So more than one member changed his/her point of view over the years. Anyway as Meryl Streep said in "Ricki" movie: "You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular."

jmn3 07-22-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1253647)
August 7, 1987.
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"
Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't... hack it..."
///////////
I looked over at Stevie, who was brushing back tears. "Lindsey," she said, "you've broken my ****ing heart on this."

Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood with Stephen Davis. 1990

“Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me,” Buckingham said in a statement to Rolling Stone regarding the suit. “I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”
Rolling Stone magazine, October 11, 2018.

Well, I do agree 100% with this 2018 Lindsey quote, but I guess (and no matter how accurate was Mick in his 1990 book, I think it reflects the actual Lindsey state of mind at that moment) he didn't care about Fleetwood Mac legacy in 1987.

So more than one member changed his/her point of view over the years. Anyway as Meryl Streep said in "Ricki" movie: "You know, the crowd loves that drama and tension. Yeah? That was what made Fleetwood Mac really popular."

Seems about right. Most 38 year olds aren’t at the “legacy” stage as compared to a guy closing in on 70.

jmn3 07-22-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1253635)
Stevie Nicks, July 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

2:11: "It is, in many ways, one of the greatest love stories ever told. It’s like one of those great romances of the century."
2:27: "It’s a relationship that spans centuries and has come out on top.”
18:44: “Sometimes I see the boy I first met when he was seventeen. And I haven’t seen him since we first joined Fleetwood Mac."

Quotes like this always make me roll my eyes at stevie. She’s like the Trump of Fleetwood Mac when she says this utter BS. It isn’t even remotely one of the greatest love stories ever told. Give me a break.

BombaySapphire3 07-22-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1253650)
Quotes like this always make me roll my eyes at stevie. She’s like the Trump of Fleetwood Mac when she says this utter BS. It isn’t even remotely one of the greatest love stories ever told. Give me a break.

Yeah ..she has said that Lindsey is not even "the great love of her life".She has got some competition as the Trump of Fleetwood Mac though. Have you ever listened to the decades spanning contradictory BS. that has spewed out of Mick's maw?

Villavic 07-22-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1253653)
Yeah ..she has said that Lindsey is not even "the great love of her life".

I clearly remember I had a People magazine, can't remember the year though I think, not sure, it was before The Dance era, with a short Stevie Nicks article talking about Mick. Ande she said she had had 3 true loves, and Mick Fleetwood was one of them.

I thought Mick was kind of a brief romance. But my point is that, though she didn't mention the other 2 names, I believed at that moment that Lindsey was one of them.

Again, points of view change with the time. And about the "one of the greatest love stories ever told" quote, I think somewhere Cleopatra and Mark Anthony (even Burton and Taylor) are saying WHAT????!!!!

BombaySapphire3 07-22-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1253654)
I clearly remember I had a People magazine, can't remember the year though I think, not sure, it was before The Dance era, with a short Stevie Nicks article talking about Mick. Ande she said she had had 3 true loves, and Mick Fleetwood was one of them.

I thought Mick was kind of a brief romance. But my point is that, though she didn't mention the other 2 names, I believed at that moment that Lindsey was one of them.

Again, points of view change with the time. And about the "one of the greatest love stories ever told" quote, I think somewhere Cleopatra and Mark Anthony (even Burton and Taylor) are saying WHAT????!!!!

Supposedly Joe Walsh was her one true love above all others.
Of course their romance took place at the very height of her cocaine and booze meltdown so ....

cbBen 07-22-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

It isn’t even remotely one of the greatest love stories ever told. Give me a break.

I beg to differ:

Boy meets girl.
Boy and girl date, but not monogamously.
Boy and girl have rocky relationship interrupted by a breakup during which girl gets together with another boy.
Boy and girl stay together despite turmoil so as not to deep-six lucrative job offer.
Boy and girl breakup acrimoniously.
Boy writes in publicly-released song that "shacking up" is all the girl wants to do.
Boy and girl hardly speak to one another and have chilly working relationship for ten years.
Boy quits.
Girl and boy violently attack one another.
Girl warns boy that her family will kill him if anything happens to her.
Boy and girl don't speak for ten years, then reunite professionally for the money.
Boy and girl feign affection for one another for 20 years while despising one other just beneath the surface.
Girl stabs boy in back and stages coup to oust him from the band to which he's devoted much of his professional life.
Boy has heart attack and loses his voice.

It's the classic fairytale.

Villavic 07-22-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1253659)
It's the classic fairytale.

Well if there is one thing in Mick's first book that I know is 100% true is: The love-hate saga between those two will never end.

button-lip 07-22-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Well, for some people it’s easier to believe Nicks did what she did because she loooooves Lindsey instead of believing she simply hates him. The former puts her under a sympathetic light. :shrug::shrug:

HomerMcvie 07-23-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253661)
Well, for some people it’s easier to believe Nicks did what she did because she loooooves Lindsey instead of believing she simply hates him. The former puts her under a sympathetic light. :shrug::shrug:

Sympathetic light? As a lighting guy, I'd like to cast a nice deep red on her, to show her true colors. At her viewing. :p

jbrownsjr 07-23-2019 12:10 PM

I'll never forget Christine's quote on the BBC Tracks of My Years 2013: Which completely ruined the SHIPPERS' fantasy.

She had picked 'Races are Run' for one of her tracks. She then talked about how amazing B/N were as a duo and their tightness and togetherness as a couple. She then commented, "Not in any other way these days. hahaha"

And, it confirmed what I already knew.

I also wondered if she had to have been talking to FM at that point. Of course, she was talking w/ Mick as well.

I suspect Mick warned her that the hate was still brewing more than ever. The birth of this break-up of FMAC 5 is due to that hatred. And then $$$$$$

Villavic 07-24-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1253664)
I suspect Mick warned her that the hate was still brewing more than ever.

That was 2013. I didn't perceived any hate in 2005

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....aL._SY445_.jpg

Or in 1996
https://i.scdn.co/image/4d1059c5306c...eadd8aa33332ea

Sagas will be sagas!

jbrownsjr 07-24-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1253667)
That was 2013. I didn't perceived any hate in 2005

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....aL._SY445_.jpg

Or in 1996
https://i.scdn.co/image/4d1059c5306c...eadd8aa33332ea

Sagas will be sagas!

Yeah, I still don't buy that just because they worked together on a few projects meant there wasn't hatred brewing.

Christine and Lindsey did a whole album together and look what happened.

dreamsunwind 07-25-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

I always assumed those top quotes were about Fleetwood Mac in general and the band relationships, not her and Lindsey in particular. At least that's how the editing of the video made it look.

cbBen 07-25-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1253678)
I always assumed those top quotes were about Fleetwood Mac in general and the band relationships, not her and Lindsey in particular. At least that's how the editing of the video made it look.

They are answers to questions specifically about Lindsey.

Steviegirl 07-25-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1253655)
Supposedly Joe Walsh was her one true love above all others.
Of course their romance took place at the very height of her cocaine and booze meltdown so ....

...who affectionately called her, "road ass" on the Howard Stern show. :rolleyes:

BombaySapphire3 07-25-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1253680)
...who affectionately called her, "road ass" on the Howard Stern show. :rolleyes:

or rode hard and put away wet:laugh:

button-lip 07-25-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1253680)

Road ass, that’s a good one. :laugh::laugh:

Joe Walsh said it, so....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HomerMcvie 07-26-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1253681)
or rode hard and put away wet:laugh:

Difficult to believe $he wasn't on serious antibiotics, many times in her life.

jbrownsjr 07-27-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253689)
Difficult to believe $he wasn't on serious antibiotics, many times in her life.

The whole band was taking those pills like lifesavers.

HomerMcvie 07-27-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1253691)
The whole band was taking those pills like lifesavers.

John is the only one(Lindsey being second) that I can't picture being a whore.

I mean, when you're THAT drunk....:o

What WAS John's drink of choice? Anyone know? He sure looks like a whiskey guy to me.

BombaySapphire3 07-27-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253692)

What WAS John's drink of choice? Anyone know? He sure looks like a whiskey guy to me.

I recall that he was drinking a lot of vodka at one point.It seemed to strange to me that it would be his first choice.

HomerMcvie 07-27-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1253693)
I recall that he was drinking a lot of vodka at one point.It seemed to strange to me that it would be his first choice.

I agree. Hard to picture him with vodka. I think of vodka as a "lady's drink", and it's also usually the last step for hard core, broken alcoholics(because it's the cheapest thing you can drink)..

I've always pictured him drinking whiskey straight.

bombaysaffires 07-27-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253692)

I'd like to think so too, but...... he is on this tour --- even after they would've toured without him. :shrug::(

HomerMcvie 07-28-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1253698)
I'd like to think so too, but...... he is on this tour --- even after they would've toured without him. :shrug::(

Thus showing us that they're all whores, in one way or another. Zero integrity.

Isn't Brett the ONE who told them no, and stuck with Lindsey, when the Old Goat fired him? My friends, THAT'S integrity. Honor over money.

sue 07-28-2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253700)
Thus showing us that they're all whores, in one way or another. Zero integrity.

Isn't Brett the ONE who told them no, and stuck with Lindsey, when the Old Goat fired him? My friends, THAT'S integrity. Honor over money.

And it isn’t as if they weren’t all rich enough to have put honour first...(apart from Mick)
Will never comprehend the thinking behind the sacking of Lindsey....

cbBen 07-28-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253700)

I had been wondering whether Brett turned them down or vice-versa. Does anyone know for sure?

Also wondering about Neale Heywood: Did Lindsey pare down the Buckingham McVie band to exclude him from the second leg of the tour, or was he part of the whole tour? In any case I noted that, while Neale carried on with FM, Brett did not.

HomerMcvie 07-28-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbBen (Post 1253702)
I had been wondering whether Brett turned them down or vice-versa. Does anyone know for sure?

Also wondering about Neale Heywood: Did Lindsey pare down the Buckingham McVie band to exclude him from the second leg of the tour, or was he part of the whole tour? In any case I noted that, while Neale carried on with FM, Brett did not.

I believe I read that Brett said no, and stuck with Lindsey.

I think Neal did all the dates. I only saw two shows. Show #2- June 23, and Nov 5th. He was there for both of those.

jbrownsjr 07-29-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253696)
I agree. Hard to picture him with vodka. I think of vodka as a "lady's drink", and it's also usually the last step for hard core, broken alcoholics(because it's the cheapest thing you can drink)..

Vodka is/was his drink of choice more than anything.

HomerMcvie 07-29-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1253710)
Vodka is/was his drink of choice more than anything.

I guess that explains his choice of wearing Daisy Duke short shorts.:laugh:

jbrownsjr 07-29-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253711)
I guess that explains his choice of wearing Daisy Duke short shorts.:laugh:

hahaha!!!:p

button-lip 07-29-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253696)

:laugh::laugh: Vodka was my drink of choice since I started drinking socially. :shrug::D We could have been good friends with John. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253704)
I believe I read that Brett said no, and stuck with Lindsey.

I think Neal did all the dates. I only saw two shows. Show #2- June 23, and Nov 5th. He was there for both of those.

Didn't Brett talk too much after Lindsey was fired and that's why he was fired too by the Queen of ****tiness?

HomerMcvie 07-29-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1253714)
:laugh::laugh: Vodka was my drink of choice since I started drinking socially. :shrug::D We could have been good friends with John. :laugh:

Didn't Brett talk too much after Lindsey was fired and that's why he was fired too by the Queen of ****tiness?

Vodka is okay, but bourbon is my drink these days. But I'll drink vodka when I hang with John!:laugh:

I didn't know the Old Goat let Brett go....I had just thought he stayed with Lindsey by choice.

$he's pure evil.

jbrownsjr 08-01-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1253716)
Vodka is okay, but bourbon is my drink these days. But I'll drink vodka when I hang with John!:laugh:

I didn't know the Old Goat let Brett go....I had just thought he stayed with Lindsey by choice.

$he's pure evil.

I drink Bourbon more than vodka. No hangover w/ bourbon.