The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LB Live Performance on April 22 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46536)

michelej1 04-24-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsfan (Post 970468)
The first thing that was apparent to probably everybody was that the photos and videos from the TEC awards were horrible. He looked nothing like them!! He looks so much younger in real-life : ) He had a nice, healthy tan, and has put on a few pounds - good pounds...he was in excellent shape! He looked more like somewhere between SYW and UTS era Lindsey. He rocked faded blue jeans, tight, but not too tight ( his butt looked great, thank you very much! ), and just looked, um, HOT!!

I'm so ecstatic you got the pre-show. Thank you!

Lindsey did indeed look better than photographs would indicate and he has such an effortless charm when he wants. He has introverted qualities, but he also possesses an incredible social flair, a combination that is very rare. He's not always on. The charm and ease he can display is selective. But when it's there, it's seductive.

I agree with you about In Our Own Time sounding especially great. I'm not one who's into the playing most of the time, but with this song and GOS, it's hard not to be mesmerized just by the frenetic guitar work.

Michele

Lindsfan 04-24-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970510)
I'm so ecstatic you got the pre-show. Thank you!

Lindsey did indeed look better than photographs would indicate and he has such an effortless charm when he wants. He has introverted qualities, but he also possesses an incredible social flair, a combination that is very rare. He's not always on. The charm and ease he can display is selective. But when it's there, it's seductive.I agree with you about In Our Own Time sounding especially great. I'm not one who's into the playing most of the time, but with this song and GOS, it's hard not to be mesmerized just by the frenetic guitar work.

Michele

So true. Stuff like the TEC awards, even though he no doubt felt honored and appreciative, he just looked so out of his element. The other night was the complete opposite...I sure hope the good feeling he has going on will hold over through the ASCAP thing.

mylittledemon 04-25-2011 03:52 AM

WHoa! Very cool! So glad some Ledgies got to go!

Did anyone meet him and/or get an auto?

henryscutter 04-25-2011 04:09 AM

That Stars song is really catchy and I like his voice on it also (which is good cause I havent liked his voice lately)

TrueFaith77 04-25-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryscutter (Post 970637)
That Stars song is really catchy and I like his voice on it also (which is good cause I havent liked his voice lately)

I K R. I can hardly wait to hear the whisper vocal studio versions.

nightbird28 04-25-2011 05:38 AM

Could someone please make audio files of these? I downloaded stars but I can't seem to live without "End Of Time"

CADreaming 04-25-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbird28 (Post 970656)
Could someone please make audio files of these? I downloaded stars but I can't seem to live without "End Of Time"

They're all here:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...&postcount=140

TrueFaith77 04-25-2011 07:52 AM

I need to stop listening to these. They are crazy catchy--and I want to still feel a rush of the new when the CD comes out.

Peestie 04-25-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 970685)
I need to stop listening to these. They are crazy catchy--and I want to still feel a rush of the new when the CD comes out.

I'm the same. I'm thinking that after a couple more days I'm going to stop listening to them until the album or DVD comes out.

WelshWitchPMD 04-25-2011 08:48 AM

I really hope Lindsey doesn't mind these being posted on YouTube. I'm very surprised more videos aren't showing up. I have Seeds We Sow but might not be able to upload it until Wednesday when I'm back on the road again. Lindsey, if you're reading this please let us know how you feel about YouTube ;)

elle 04-25-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 970697)
I really hope Lindsey doesn't mind these being posted on YouTube. I'm very surprised more videos aren't showing up. I have Seeds We Sow but might not be able to upload it until Wednesday when I'm back on the road again. Lindsey, if you're reading this please let us know how you feel about YouTube ;)

Laura Buckingham (if that's really LB's niece) tweeted lindsfan's version of In Our Own Time to some MTV producer last night...

michelej1 04-25-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 970697)

I think he wants them out or they would have banned cameras. They came down hard on cameras during the UTS tour (indeed I lost my camera in Santa Barbara due to a security guard hassling me during the last song of the night) and they would have done it here and they would have made an announcement about it before the show too. I have to think he wanted this exposure.

Michele

michelej1 04-25-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 970639)
I K R. I can hardly wait to hear the whisper vocal studio versions.

Oh my goodness. I had like 10 copies of UTS, because I got some free when I bought a concert ticket. And I was trying to give them away and my former boss said he couldn't stand Lindsey's voice. He was a guitarist, but he said he couldn't appreciate the music because of the voice.

It hurt my feelings. Lindsey, I cannot convert people when you sing like that.

Michele

WelshWitchPMD 04-25-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970770)
I think he wants them out or they would have banned cameras. They came down hard on cameras during the UTS tour (indeed I lost my camera in Santa Barbara due to a security guard hassling me during the last song of the night) and they would have done it here and they would have made an announcement about it before the show too. I have to think he wanted this exposure.

Michele

I know that it's pretty much excepted these days. As far as photos I know Lindsey doesn't care. Having unreleased songs on YouTube is somewhat different, however. With that being said I'm getting lots of hits on YouTube and all positive feedback. I think LB should sent me a check for the buzz being created. J/k.

elle 04-25-2011 01:44 PM

review

From AudiogoN
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...usi&1303540173

Lindsey Buckingham debuts new CD

Tonight, I saw Lindsey Buckingham perform at a small theater in Beverly Hills. It was a great show with the requisite sampling of Fleetweood Mac hits, some solo hits, some quirky solo stuff, and the inimitable, superhuman picking on electric and (especially) acoustic guitar.

He also did 6 or 7 new songs from his scheduled September release "Seeds We Sow". At first listen, this appears to be very, very stong material, and on the more accessible end of LB's spectrum, too. For fans, this is a CD to keep an eye out for. Also, the show was recorded for a DVD - so heads up on that, too.

Marty

Caveat: I'm a huge, kool-ade drinking LB fan, so I'm just about always on board with his stuff. That said, this one feels like it might have broader appeal than most of his solo records typically display.
Martykl

04-23-11

michelej1 04-25-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 970820)
I know that it's pretty much excepted these days. As far as photos I know Lindsey doesn't care. Having unreleased songs on YouTube is somewhat different, however. With that being said I'm getting lots of hits on YouTube and all positive feedback. I think LB should sent me a check for the buzz being created. J/k.

To me, LB does care about photos. They were pretty strict for the UTS tour. It seems that it was easier to take photos at FM shows than at UTS shows and that bothered me. It caused me to wonder why he thought anyone wanted his picture!

Things were more lax for GOS.

At any rate, they know how to crack down to make it tougher (though it's never impossible) to use your camera when they want to. They didn't seem to want to Friday night.

I agree with you that you ought to get a check for the promotional work you've been doing:).

Michele

elle 04-25-2011 02:33 PM

Lindsey Buckingham Unveils New Material at L.A. Show

Lindsey Buckingham Unveils New Material at L.A. Show

http://www.billboard.com/events/lind...05152802.story

by Phil Gallo, L.A. | April 25, 2011 2:30 EDT

Lindsey Buckingham unveiled the songs that will be on his September studio release, "Seeds We Sow," in an intimate concert Friday night (Apr. 22) that was filmed for broadcast and a DVD. Telling the audience at the 1,500-seat Saban Theater in Los Angeles, "I may have made my best work yet," Buckingham offered six songs from "Seeds We Sow" in a 19-song set that began with "Shut Us Down" and ended with the title track of the new album.

Throughout the evening, the Fleetwood Mac guitarist, singer and songwriter alternated between acoustic and electric guitar, playing solo and with his three-member band. There was never a moment, however, when his skills as a lead and rhythm guitarist were not the defining feature of a song, whether it was the still-hypnotic "Trouble," a grungy rendition of "Tusk" or a new tune with echoes of R.E.M. and the Psychedelic Furs.

"You must look for what is essential, what is the center, and that center is the guitar," he told the audience. "That child still lives within me."

Fleetwood Mac classics "I'm So Afraid," "Go Your Own Way" and "Second Hand News" made it into the set, alongside solo gems such as "Turn It On" and "Go Insane." In talking about his life as a father and husband, the 61-year-old Buckingham also drew a distinction between his hitmaking run in the 1970s and 80s and his self-financed new work.

"I live and work in two worlds," Buckingham explained. "On one hand, the big machine is Fleetwood Mac and other entities... and on the other hand, there's a small machine, the solo work." He went on to draw a comparison between studio movies and independent films, relating it to his world. "It is the small movies that feed the heart and allow us to take risks."

"Seeds We Sow" is Buckingham's third studio album in five years, a steady pace for a man who went nearly 14 years between solo releases. Formerly with Warner Music Group, Buckingham has not decided on how the new disc will be distributed.

elle 04-25-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970842)
I agree with you that you ought to get a check for the promotional work you've been doing:).

:nod: he should at least cover her travel & lodging :p

Erin 04-25-2011 02:47 PM

I've been out of town for Easter the past couple of days, so I missed all the fun on his thread!

Thank you so much Pattie for getting all the video, and CADreaming for making them mp3's! Great review as always, Michele.:)

I'm so excited to see/listen to all the new stuff!:blob1:

DavidMn 04-25-2011 04:34 PM

Just listened to these songs after getting back from Seattle. ABsolutely amazing! I want to go to every single show on his tour now!:nod:

michelej1 04-25-2011 04:54 PM

I wonder who lent the female voice for "Process of Illumination." I don't think it's just Lindsey distorted.

Michele

DavidMn 04-25-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970960)
I wonder who lent the female voice for "Process of Illumination." I don't think it's just Lindsey distorted.

Michele

Ann Heche perhaps?:lol::lol: SOrry, I just couldn't resist!

Erin 04-25-2011 06:23 PM

Just finished listening. I like all the songs, but Stars Are Crazy and The End Of Time are stunning. I cannot wait for this album! It's been winter for like 5 years in Chicago:laugh:, but I'm willing to fast forward through the summer to get to September!

CADreaming 04-25-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Michele

Maybe Kristen is singing now. :laugh:

Seriously, I think it is Lindsey doing harmony.

WildHearted 04-25-2011 07:01 PM

Wait what..

Are we talking about the live version?

I'm confused now. But I also just ran so maybe its exhaustion.

michelej1 04-25-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 971026)
Wait what..

Are we talking about the live version?

I'm confused now. But I also just ran so maybe its exhaustion.

They piped a vocal into the live performance. There's a voice on POI that doesn't belong to Neale or Brett. Maybe it is recorded Lindsey with his voice altered. I didn't think so, but can't really say.

Michele

McTrouble 04-26-2011 09:04 AM

I've just finished listening to all the new songs - they've blown me away on first hearing.

Not going to listen to any again now - it'll be hard, but when I get the CD/DVD I want them to sound new and fresh.

From the clips I've watched I certainly agree with what Lindsfan said - Lindsey looks and sounds fantastic, so HOT!

CADreaming 04-26-2011 05:00 PM

I replaced In Our Own Time with a cleaner version:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 970032)
Here are the mp3's. Missing "Seeds We Sow". Hopefully we'll have that tomorrow. Thanks again, Pattie!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...bminiseeds.jpg

In Our Own Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/adc9xx

Process of Illumination - http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

Stars Are Crazy - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsjaoy

The End of Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzq93t

The Way Love Goes - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rmkbw

Also, the lyrics have been revised in the lyrics thread if you're interested.

WildHearted 04-26-2011 05:02 PM

I can't get over how much I'm loving these songs. Admittedly, I've never really been able to get much into Lindsey's solos stuff album wise - the production usually throws me off unfortunately -but I think he's absolutely brilliant live. These songs are so solid though that I'll be picking up the album regardless.

bucklind17 04-26-2011 06:05 PM

I cannot stop listening to "The Way Love Goes". I haven't even paid proper attention to the other tracks yet because I am so in love with this one. It is reminding me of the first time I heard "Love Runs Deeper" and couldn't even reign in the excitement. I actually got a little teary!

BigStevieFan66 04-26-2011 06:09 PM

These songs are all fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing the vids. Way to go Lindsey!! Looked like a stellar performance.

elle 04-26-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 971604)
I replaced In Our Own Time with a cleaner version

thank you thank you! did you use Lindsfan's version by any chance? i think that one may be the cleanest so far - guess ipod picks up sound nicely ;)

also, Pattie says there is another version of illumination somewhere - is this it?

CADreaming 04-26-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 971685)
thank you thank you! did you use Lindsfan's version by any chance? i think that one may be the cleanest so far - guess ipod picks up sound nicely ;)

also, Pattie says there is another version of illumination somewhere - is this it?

Is Lindsfan aka Teeging on Twitter? These names are confusing me but that's the version I used.

Yep - the revised files are above. Pattie hasn't been able to load Seeds, right? I checked and didn't see it.

TrueFaith77 04-26-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Michele

My co-worker, upon first listen to the song, said: Is that Stevie?

elle 04-26-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucklind17 (Post 971665)
I cannot stop listening to "The Way Love Goes". I haven't even paid proper attention to the other tracks yet because I am so in love with this one. It is reminding me of the first time I heard "Love Runs Deeper" and couldn't even reign in the excitement. I actually got a little teary!

i love the way love goes too, and it might be my current favorite but i alternate between it, in our own time, and illumination. and for my taste all 3 of these (and end of time) are light years better than LRD in both music and lyrics.

he just really gave us a treat this time around as far as i'm concerned, with so much great, completely new stuff. i enjoy blasting it in the car with open windows!:cool:

on both UTS and GOS, i thought the best stuff was still old GOS1 stuff... not this time around! and imagine, this CD will also have SSS on it. that's 7 stellar songs that we know of.:]

elle 04-26-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 971687)
Is Lindsfan aka Teeging on Twitter? These names are confusing me but that's the version I used.

Yep - the revised files are above. Pattie hasn't been able to load Seeds, right? I checked and didn't see it.

cool! yeah Lindsfan is Teeging on twitter :)

as far as i know, not yet.

TrueFaith77 04-26-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 971696)
i love the way love goes too, and it might be my current favorite but i alternate between it, in our own time, and illumination. and for my taste all 3 of these (and end of time) are light years better than LRD in both music and lyrics.

he just really gave us a treat this time around as far as i'm concerned, with so much great, completely new stuff. i enjoy blasting it in the car with open windows!:cool:

on both UTS and GOS, i thought the best stuff was still old GOS1 stuff... not this time around! and imagine, this CD will also have SSS on it. that's 7 stellar songs that we know of.:]

I agree. I think these 5 songs are potentially all better than Love Runs Deeper, which I DO think is great.

I can't stop listening. Is it just enthusiasms (or my recent concussion?) or is this his best collection of songs since Tusk?

mylittledemon 04-27-2011 01:52 AM

I really loved "End of Time" even though I couldnt really hear the words

shackin'up 04-27-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 971741)
...or is this his best collection of songs since Tusk?

Maybe. potentially, yes, I think so. It'll all come down to the studioproduction. But the songstructures really are meandering in my head. All of them. What a catchy tunes. I really think he wrote them with a new Mac-album in mind.....

TrueFaith77 04-27-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 972081)
Maybe. potentially, yes, I think so. It'll all come down to the studioproduction. But the songstructures really are meandering in my head. All of them. What a catchy tunes. I really think he wrote them with a new Mac-album in mind.....

:mad: Stephanie!!! :mad: