The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shout for lindsey during concerts! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58111)

sasja 09-17-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1236805)
The only sort of protest that truly matters is not paying to see them live. That's all Money Man Mick cares about. There's no reason to possibly ruin the show for the people that do want to see them. Bring a sign or wear a LB shirt. I just don't see the logic in paying tickets, parking fees, etc. to see a band you hate and vocalizing your disdain for them during a show you wouldn't be at in the first place if it weren't for your anger toward them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1236939)
Best form of protest is to not give any $ to the farce. And spend on Lindsey album, show, etc.

RBBM

Absolutely this. Hit em where it hurts, people. Also, ignoring is a powerful weapon, few things hurt limelight prima donnas as much as having become insignificant. It makes them question their raison d'etre to the core. I almost wish, instead of bad reviews, they'd get hardly any, or none. :]

Arriverderci, has-beens!

Sugar Mouse 09-17-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1236925)
You wish......

90% of Americans know zero to nothing about him, with the remaining 10% knowing DDIO only at best....

You will not be finding people in this FM tour going to see Neil Finn as he's their new favourite FM band member, Mike yes but not Neil......perhaps with exception of you.

You must know that I'm kidding right? You got to admit it would be hilarious to hear someone scream "Don't Dream It's Over" between songs at a Lindsey show.

lovethemac1 09-17-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1236972)
You must know that I'm kidding right? You got to admit it would be hilarious to hear someone scream "Don't Dream It's Over" between songs at a Lindsey show.

You are the only person who would find this funny, and the only who would probably do it.

But seeing as Neil Flynn won't be at Lindsey's concert, you won't either is my guess.

cactusjack 09-18-2018 04:24 AM

anyone pulling this sort of **** at a concert I'm at will be getting a sticky drink poured over them.

JohnL 09-18-2018 04:34 AM

If I hear someone screaming and yelling bull**** when I paid for my ticket I will be asking security to remove them.

sands of time 09-18-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1237000)
If I hear someone screaming and yelling bull**** when I paid for my ticket I will be asking security to remove them.

Does that include the idiots onstage?

JohnL 09-18-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1237002)
Does that include the idiots onstage?

Now you guys are going to rush the stage?

elle 09-18-2018 09:22 AM

y'all are cute with your back and forth banter. :nod:

and it all reminded me how lucky i am that i will never again have to hear that stupid yelling steeeevieeee steevieeeeeeeee like somebody's drowning cats, at the most inopportune times during FM shows. :thumbsup:

unless there are people who decide to go to LB shows and do that, as some used to in the past (there's even a video, not remember which tour, maybe Seeds) and LB would comment on the mic and make jokes out of it.

jbrownsjr 09-18-2018 09:27 AM

Even if I planned on screaming for Lindsey, I wouldn't be able to do it.

I would be too interested in watching Fakewood. It would be really disrespectful to the artists up there and the paying fans. Just because they are ridiculously ignorant of the circumstances, doesn't mean they don't get to enjoy their fake bliss.

paleshadow 09-18-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1236945)
They were informed and they are adults. Everyone in this band deserves whatever reaction their audiences will have.

Who care's about them, they can dry their tears with the hundred dollar bills they don't use to wipe their butts. It's rude for the people who want to enjoy the show and aren't millionaires.

JohnL 09-18-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1237011)
Even if I planned on screaming for Lindsey, I wouldn't be able to do it.

I would be too interested in watching Fakewood. It would be really disrespectful to the artists up there and the paying fans. Just because they are ridiculously ignorant of the circumstances, doesn't mean they don't get to enjoy their fake bliss.

I know what’s going on and believe me it won’t be fake for me. And Elle I feel the same way about the constant screaming but it is actually Lindsey screaming and not the fans at Lindsey. :-)

jbrownsjr 09-18-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1237018)
I know what’s going on and believe me it won’t be fake for me. And Elle I feel the same way about the constant screaming but it is actually Lindsey screaming and not the fans at Lindsey. :-)

Exactly, no matter if you're on board or not; I just can't see screaming at performing artists. It's disrespectful. In the old days, it was tomatoes. But, never pre-planned.

sodascouts 09-18-2018 11:09 AM

Perhaps simply wearing a Lindsey T-shirt is the way to go for any Lindsey supporter who finds him/herself at a concert with a non-refundable ticket.

I remember, back during the SYW tour, some fans who were (rightfully) angry at the man who ran the fan club, Jonathan Todd, wore T-shirts denigrating him as well as the fan club. "FIRE JONATHAN TODD" was the theme, but there were several variations. They were noticed... albeit there was no indication that the BAND actually saw them.

ETA: I dug up the thread:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...p?t=9797&pp=15

Macfan4life 09-18-2018 01:45 PM

I am probably wearing a Buckingham Nicks '73 T-shirt to the front row Lindsey concert. I have thought about putting a piece of tape over Nicks but don't know how that would go over with Lindsey. So I probably wont do it. Even though he may laugh at it and be a great photo op at meet and greet, I am 50/50 about doing it.

StevieandChris 09-18-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike (Post 1236935)
Don't forget to pour wine on your burning Nikes while shouting for Lindsey.

Or burning tambourines or shawls! :laugh: :laugh::wavey: