The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unearthed Live at the 1982 Us Festival Videos (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57147)

HomerMcvie 05-08-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209186)
Making a short film... and.... I went to Palm Springs.

X rated, I hope!

jbrownsjr 05-08-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1209188)
X rated, I hope!

PG13.............. nobody wants to see me naked.. that's for sure... X days are over. lol

HomerMcvie 05-08-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1209190)
PG13.............. nobody wants to see me naked.. that's for sure... X days are over. lol

Tell me about it. My last one was on VHS!!!:lol:

Nathan 05-09-2017 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1209172)
I used to set my alarm for 2 am on a school night so I could sneak downstairs and turn on HBO and put my tape recorder against the TV to record the Mirage concert.

Whoa cool story

Macfan4life 05-09-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 1209199)
Whoa cool story

I was hypnotized and under a spell. That was the least of it. At age 13 I wrote a several page hand written letter to the HBO executives asking (really begging) them to re-air the Mirage concert again (after it had run its course of a month or so). Believe it or not, I received a very nice letter that was hand signed from their program director thanking me for the interest and noting how popular the concert was and it may air again. Sadly, HBO never aired the concert again and got out of the concert business. However, coicentently 2 months after my letter HBO decided to re-air the Stevie Nicks 1981 White Winged Dove concert. I believe this was to capitalize on her new Wild Heart album. But in the back of my mind, my letter came to mind. I was part happy but part frustrated. Hey guys, I may have raved about Stevie Nicks but its the wrong concert! I remember faking illness so I could skip school and watch the concert at 1pm on HBO. It was 1983 and we did not have a VCR for another year or so. So I had to get my drug anyway that I could if it involved skipping school,waking up at 2 am, or writing long letters to HBO.

24karatstevie 05-09-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1209219)
I was hypnotized and under a spell. That was the least of it. At age 13 I wrote a several page hand written letter to the HBO executives asking (really begging) them to re-air the Mirage concert again (after it had run its course of a month or so). Believe it or not, I received a very nice letter that was hand signed from their program director thanking me for the interest and noting how popular the concert was and it may air again. Sadly, HBO never aired the concert again and got out of the concert business. However, coicentently 2 months after my letter HBO decided to re-air the Stevie Nicks 1981 White Winged Dove concert. I believe this was to capitalize on her new Wild Heart album. But in the back of my mind, my letter came to mind. I was part happy but part frustrated. Hey guys, I may have raved about Stevie Nicks but its the wrong concert! I remember faking illness so I could skip school and watch the concert at 1pm on HBO. It was 1983 and we did not have a VCR for another year or so. So I had to get my drug anyway that I could if it involved skipping school,waking up at 2 am, or writing long letters to HBO.

This is awesome! Sounds like the dedication I would have had if I had been born back then. We definitely take our modern technologies for granted.

Wdm6789 05-10-2017 05:39 AM

Anyone have any idea as to why the video was deleted?

SisterNightroad 05-10-2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1209252)
Anyone have any idea as to why the video was deleted?

Probably copyright issues.
Had anyone downloaded it in the meantime?

Danielle 05-10-2017 08:04 AM

It's still on Vevo: https://www.vevo.com/watch/fleetwood...n/USSE91735504

The quality is a little better than the one that was on youtube anyway. I suggest downloading from there so you can keep a slightly better file.

jbrownsjr 05-10-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle (Post 1209266)
It's still on Vevo: https://www.vevo.com/watch/fleetwood...n/USSE91735504

The quality is a little better than the one that was on youtube anyway. I suggest downloading from there so you can keep a slightly better file.

thanks!!!!

David 05-21-2017 01:44 PM

Wicked cool! Thanks for posting!

DauphineMarie 06-19-2017 08:24 PM

Dreams - US Fest Live 1982!

This was just posted a short time ago... All I can say is they look like they're having lots of fun! :D

jbrownsjr 06-19-2017 08:38 PM

Wow, Stevie made it so hard to harmonize on the chorus... not so much vibrato, girl..

Christine actually is playing 2 parts on the keyboards... (I sure would love to see her to play keyboards again)

Lindsey's solo was kinda cool. Turn it up a bit.

Wdm6789 06-19-2017 09:13 PM

Great video. Although a few shots of John and Mick would have been nice. I hope we keep getting more US festival videos like this.

Netter75 06-19-2017 11:46 PM

Wow... We definitely know why this footage and audio hasn't been released until now. If Dreams and The Chain are any indication of the rest of the show they were NOT on their game that night. I'm gonna hope Christine's songs (YMLF, love in store, brown eyes, etc.) will come off better than the others.

Still I love being able to see this stuff. So much of the older Mac stuff is edited and tweaked to oblvivion, it's great to see live footage of them that is both professional and raw (warts and all).

At the very least I do like the energy they've all conveyed in these two performances. It must've been great to see that live at the time, even if the performances themselves aren't TECHNICALLY very good.