The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BuckVie on Tonight Show Thurs. 6-8-2017 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57202)

button-lip 06-09-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1211111)
I also wish Lindsey had interacted with Chris more. As the song went on there were several times where she looked at him and was hoping for some feedback but he was just almost in "solo" mode and kept focus straight ahead.... only at the very end he leaned in to her. Odd coz in FM they often have a lot of interaction and exchanging looks at each other across the stage.....

Wel, that's pretty much Lindsey's style on stage. I don't think he interacts much with anyone on stage, even when he tours with FM. I love that leaning at the end. I was awing and smiling. :)

dreamsunwind 06-09-2017 09:04 PM

I think Christine was probably nervous or something. Otherwise it was a great performance.

bombaysaffires 06-09-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1211113)
Wel, that's pretty much Lindsey's style on stage. I don't think he interacts much with anyone on stage, even when he tours with FM. I love that leaning at the end. I was awing and smiling. :)

Really??? :shocked:

secondhandchain 06-09-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1211130)

I think he was just hyper focused and a little nervous. He's worried about not messing up and being on live tv in front of millions. He's just NOT going to be as loose. The one singing backup has it a lot easier.

elle 06-10-2017 01:11 AM

the whole performance except their hug/kiss at the end after Fallon come through.

elle 06-10-2017 01:35 AM

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...fallon-w486847

See Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie Play Haunting 'In My World' on 'Fallon'
Seductive track highlights new duets album from Fleetwood Mac duo

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie performed "In My World" from their new duets album on 'The Tonight Show.'
By Ryan Reed
15 hours ago
More News
Stevie Nicks Talks Aging, Addiction, Fleetwood Mac's Future
Hear Buckingham McVie's Bubbly New Song 'Feel About You'
Watch Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie Behind-the-Scenes of New LP
All Stories
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie performed their haunting new single "In My World" on Thursday's Tonight Show.

RELATED

Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours': 10 Things You Didn't Know
Why "Silver Springs" was left off the LP, how the band's Rolling Stone cover shoot fueled Steve Nicks and Mick Fleetwood's affair, and more
Over a minimalist, fingerpicked guitar, Buckingham creates a spooky angst with his lead vocal, evolving from a hushed croon to an untamed wail. McVie sang in harmony throughout, and their four-piece backing band added to the choral-like swell of harmonies on the choruses.

The track concluded with an adorable display of camaraderie, as McVie offered Buckingham an encouraging hand on the shoulder during his visceral guitar solo.

"In My World" appears on the duo's newly issued duets album, which also includes contributions from Fleetwood Mac members Mick Fleetwood and John McVie (but, notably, not Stevie Nicks).

Buckingham and Christine McVie will kick off a summer tour behind the LP June 21st in Atlanta. After their trek concludes in July, the duo will reconvene with Fleetwood Mac that month to co-headline the bi-coastal Classic East and Classic West festival.

button-lip 06-10-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1211130)

Well, that's just my perception on things after watching hours and hours of bootlegs. He always seems focused on his work. Sometimes too much, IMO.

elle 06-10-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1211186)
Well, that's just my perception on things after watching hours and hours of bootlegs. He always seems focused on his work. Sometimes too much, IMO.

you will be VERY pleasantly surprised when you see him live - he's completely loose and highly interactive with both other band members (especially Christine and Mick) and audience at the live shows!

of course, i've just seen him solo and with FM. with FM he's even more interactive than when solo, cos solo he carries more weight for the show on his own. however seeing these tv performances, he seems to now be carrying wight for Christine too, and i really hope that will not get through like that in actual live shows. i never heard Christine off key at live shows, while in every tv perforamnce she seems to be. i guess she's never really done those, even before the retirement.

so after seeing CBS thing today, i now completely understand why they did IMW at NBC and not Red Sun or Feel About You.

button-lip 06-10-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1211200)
you will be VERY pleasantly surprised when you see him live - he's completely loose and highly interactive with both other band members (especially Christine and Mick) and audience at the live shows!

of course, i've just seen him solo and with FM. with FM he's even more interactive than when solo, cos solo he carries more weight for the show on his own. however seeing these tv performances, he seems to now be carrying wight for Christine too, and i really hope that will not get through like that in actual live shows. i never heard Christine off key at live shows, while in every tv perforamnce she seems to be. i guess she's never really done those, even before the retirement.

so after seeing CBS thing today, i now completely understand why they did IMW at NBC and not Red Sun or Feel About You.

I've seen him interacting with audience but not with other band members. Sometimes I see John, Christine and Stevie talking on their corner and Lindsey alone on the other side of the stage. I noticed how he also got tired and let go of all that soap-operish thing he used to do with Stevie. :lol:

Christine seems more nervous than Lindsey on live tv performances but I'm sure once on stage and in front of her fans she will give us one of her usual great performances. :)