The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   stevie tattoo.... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41267)

GypsyBlueEyes 10-06-2009 05:21 PM

So I've been thinking for a while now...I want to add one more thing to my list.

I really, really, really want to get a tattoo that says Rock A Little...

so thats Rock A Little, some kind of Wild Heart design, and a tophat with Gypsy curving around it at the top and "the poet in my heart" curving around it underneath...lets hope I don't think of anything else. As it stands, I'm at least getting one of these as a Christmas present to myself.

daniellaaarisen 10-06-2009 08:06 PM

I'm glad this thread was bumped.

Last night I was talking to my parents about how I am getting one on my 18th birthday, no exceptions. They've been really against it forever, but last night my dad told me he wanted to get one with me on that day.

...I'm weirded out. I mean good for him, in his mid-50s glory and everything. I'm just confused !

GODDESS6 10-06-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 845657)

Last night I was talking to my parents about how I am getting one on my 18th birthday, no exceptions. They've been really against it forever, but last night my dad told me he wanted to get one with me on that day.

...I'm weirded out. I mean good for him, in his mid-50s glory and everything. I'm just confused !

is there an age limit on getting tatted?~ i got one of my stevie tat's for my 30th & one for my 40th~ but again i am a milf:p:lol:~

goldustsongbird 10-06-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

That is weird. Not as weird as my 81 year old great-aunt telling me she almost got one a few years ago. :lol: One of her nieces almost talked her into it. That would have been hilarious.

daniellaaarisen 10-06-2009 08:55 PM

Okay, over 75 beats my dad. But still.

It's just weird because its HIM.... and he wants to dedicate it to his father who died when he was only 22 and he says that his three favorite things were "guns, whiskey and poker". So my dad wants to get a gun shooting out three poker chips, each representing my sister, mother and I.

I'm even more weirded out.

goldustsongbird 10-06-2009 09:05 PM

Never again will I say my family is the most dysfunctional out there.

:laugh:

GODDESS6 10-07-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 845676)
Never again will I say my family is the most dysfunctional out there.

:laugh:

& why is it dysfunctional to get a tattoo if you are over 17?:shrug:~ do you guys think your generation invented it?~ or if you are over 17 does that mean a person is disgusting & well "old"?:shocked:~

daniellaaarisen 10-07-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6 (Post 845719)
& why is it dysfunctional to get a tattoo if you are over 17?:shrug:~ do you guys think your generation invented it?~ or if you are over 17 does that mean a person is disgusting & well "old"?:shocked:~

I think she's referring more to what my dad wants for his tattoo, not his age.... It is a little creepy hahahahaha

carrie721 10-07-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldustsongbird (Post 845671)
That is weird. Not as weird as my 81 year old great-aunt telling me she almost got one a few years ago. :lol: One of her nieces almost talked her into it. That would have been hilarious.

um. excuse. me.

:lol:

GODDESS6 10-07-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 845722)
I think she's referring more to what my dad wants for his tattoo, not his age.... It is a little creepy hahahahaha

ya gotta remember tho, god willing someday you both will be 50 in all your glory w/ a stevie tattoo, unless you have it lasered~

& maybe i'm just being nostalgic & a little jealous, seeing as my dad died when i was 16 & he 37, so i would love to share a moment with him like that~

you know i am 41 & tattoos have come along way~ i have alot of male family members who are heavily tattooed~ & got along in life w/ jobs & such just fine~ but even in like 92 when i wrked in the offices for a grocer, women if they were tattooed had to be covered up or you couldn't wrk there, they were looked upon as trashy~ now you see all sorts of people from all types of life, professions have been tattooed & showing them~

Enchanted_Stevi 10-07-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

I got a tattoo when I turned 18 =) It was AWESOME...lol..My mom came with me. Now my mom is saying how she and I should get tattoo's together so we can bond...lol My mom already has 3 tattoos. Now she wants a horse rearing up on her ankle(dont ask...lol). My best friend's dad wants to get a tattoo with me..lol Quite funny.

I have a few ideas for a new tattoo that I'm thinkin up.

GypsyBlueEyes 10-07-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 845672)
So my dad wants to get a gun shooting out three poker chips, each representing my sister, mother and I.

I'm even more weirded out.

hmm...let me get this straight...so he wants to get a gun that looks as though its shooting at 3 poker chips...and the poker chips are you, your sister, and your mother??? Are you sure he isn't just messing with you? :p

daniellaaarisen 10-07-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes (Post 845743)
hmm...let me get this straight...so he wants to get a gun that looks as though its shooting at 3 poker chips...and the poker chips are you, your sister, and your mother??? Are you sure he isn't just messing with you? :p

That's the sad thing. He's not even joking. He got really excited about it.

Hence why this is so weird to me.

GODDESS6 10-07-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 845738)
I got a tattoo when I turned 18 =) It was AWESOME...lol..My mom came with me. Now my mom is saying how she and I should get tattoo's together so we can bond...lol My mom already has 3 tattoos. Now she wants a horse rearing up on her ankle(dont ask...lol). My best friend's dad wants to get a tattoo with me..lol Quite funny.

I have a few ideas for a new tattoo that I'm thinkin up.

you should post pics of your tattoo again, it's one of the prettiest stevie tattoos i have seen~

when i was at the omaha 'unleashed' show, there was a guy who came up to me & was admiring my tattoos & showed me that he had this pic:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2wq7oev.jpg
tattooed on his inner right forearm & it was stunning~

i would always like to see kat von d do a portrait of stevie nicks~ some of her wrk i don't think is as stellar as her show would like you to think it is, but her portraits are spot on & i think she could do stevie awesomely~

i was thinking of possibly getting a take on the rosary tattoo nicole ritchie has around her ankle & down her foot, but instead of a cross, having it done like a necklace & stevie's cresent moon dangling from it, real dainty w/ filagree & feminine~

Stevie_Buck 10-07-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 844477)
That is the best news I've heard all day. I may be getting mine sooner rather than later...

I have one on my wrist (not Stevie related) and, of course, it doesn't feel good, but it definitely didn't hurt.