The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Death of the Ledge? Open letter to Admins and Owner (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57679)

iamnotafraid 01-17-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1219779)

I came to the board last year interested in intelligent discussion...

Buster

I guess that counts me out.

HomerMcvie 01-17-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1219785)
That’s a nice opinion. That’s how the Ledge has been since I started in 1997. Let’s not forget the Black Ledge incident of 1998.

But that is not why people can’t get on and had not been able to get on for three or four months. Traffic dropped considerably.

Black Ledge was before my time(2003) here, but around 2007 was when there was also a mass exodus, with several other boards started, by disgruntled members who left. Yes, I was one of them, but came back after a couple? years.

AnthonyMI 01-17-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1219788)
Black Ledge was before my time(2003) here, but around 2007 was when there was also a mass exodus, with several other boards started, by disgruntled members who left. Yes, I was one of them, but came back after a couple? years.

My point is the board goes in cycles. There are lifers, and people like me who were obsessed and here daily for hours all night. Yes. The Black
Ledge scared a bunch of people away from the cyber bullying including someone I was good friends with and a very pretty girl that I went to the first show of Enchanted tour with. (Front row) I was 17-20 years old. I got a “life” finally and became more an lurker. I’ve seen ups and down years here. This was an UP year with the Stevie and BM tours. Both Ledge forums were much deeper until the Ads got out of hand. You can already see that traffic is WAY up from the number of guests that show up as currently browsing and people logged in. It was DEAD before. Just the people smart enough to install Ad Blocker

HomerMcvie 01-17-2018 10:47 PM

I agree with your points, but really, imo, when facebook and the like took the world by storm, that was THE major hit to all sites like this. We'll never see the heyday(for me, like 2004/2005) like we had back then. And that has nothing to do with ads, or a dinosaur band, or as*holes here. The times have changed, and technology with it.

I'm a lifer too. When they're dead and gone, I might stop talking about them then. :lol:

Except Stevie, because she's my favorite!

jbrownsjr 01-17-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1219791)
I agree with your points, but really, imo, when facebook and the like took the world by storm, that was THE major hit to all sites like this. We'll never see the heyday(for me, like 2004/2005) like we had back then. And that has nothing to do with ads, or a dinosaur band, or as*holes here. The times have changed, and technology with it.

I'm a lifer too. When they're dead and gone, I might stop talking about them then. :lol:

I have a feeling you'll still be talking about her. :laugh:

jbrownsjr 01-17-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1219790)
My point is the board goes in cycles. There are lifers, and people like me who were obsessed and here daily for hours all night. Yes. The Black
Ledge scared a bunch of people away from the cyber bullying including someone I was good friends with and a very pretty girl that I went to the first show of Enchanted tour with. (Front row) I was 17-20 years old. I got a “life” finally and became more an lurker. I’ve seen ups and down years here. This was an UP year with the Stevie and BM tours. Both Ledge forums were much deeper until the Ads got out of hand. You can already see that traffic is WAY up from the number of guests that show up as currently browsing and people logged in. It was DEAD before. Just the people smart enough to install Ad Blocker

What's a lifer, Anthony? :lol:

HomerMcvie 01-17-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1219792)
I have a feeling you'll still be talking about her. :laugh:

Imma passionate dart player at home. :woohoo:

jbrownsjr 01-18-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1219794)
Imma passionate dart player at home. :woohoo:

Wake me up when your papers are in order..

gldstwmn 01-18-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1219791)

Your favorite what?

jbrownsjr 01-18-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1219801)
Your favorite what?

Is goat breath a noun? :laugh:

HomerMcvie 01-18-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1219801)
Your favorite what?

:xoxo::xoxo::xoxo::xoxo::xoxo:

:p:p:p:p:p

HomerMcvie 01-18-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1219804)
Is goat breath a noun? :laugh:

I'm glad I didn't say that.:woohoo:

SisterNightroad 01-18-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1219785)
That’s a nice opinion. That’s how the Ledge has been since I started in 1997. Let’s not forget the Black Ledge incident of 1998.

But that is not why people can’t get on and had not been able to get on for three or four months. Traffic dropped considerably.

I already know I'll regret it, but what't the "Black Ledge"?

Josh2003 01-19-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1219811)
I already know I'll regret it, but what't the "Black Ledge"?

From what I remember, it was sort of an "underground" Ledge started by people who had either been banned by the original Penguin/Ledge owner/moderator, or left on their own accord when others were banned. Lots of the content was geared toward knocking/bashing the "real" Ledge. The incident I think eventually lead to the Ledge being shut down for a few months as a sort of cooling off period, then re-launching around '99 or '00 in the format we have today.

SisterNightroad 01-19-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh2003 (Post 1219829)
From what I remember, it was sort of an "underground" Ledge started by people who had either been banned by the original Penguin/Ledge owner/moderator, or left on their own accord when others were banned. Lots of the content was geared toward knocking/bashing the "real" Ledge. The incident I think eventually lead to the Ledge being shut down for a few months as a sort of cooling off period, then re-launching around '99 or '00 in the format we have today.

https://i.giphy.com/media/4SDCzhdWOwtwI/giphy.webp