The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey was fired. RIP Fleetwood Mac. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57770)

elle 05-02-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 1226154)
Thx Elle for the link.

At the end of the tmz video he's asked about Lindsey rejoining later and he says "no, we're a new band now". The earlier statement about Lindsey not being on "this tour" sounded like lawyer speak. Mick spoke plain English. Damn.

the question was on joining them on this tour though.

Storms123 05-02-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1226155)
the question was on joining them on this tour though.

Totally agree--the question was joining this tour--
I will say-for the media slob that Mick usually is--he wanted no part of talking to this guy. I love the multiple levels of discomfort he/they may be feeling. No matter how removed from reality these people are, they are not used to this level of "hate" if that's the right word.

Lola 05-02-2018 08:20 PM

Watched it again. "Are you still open to Lindsey joining the tour" then Mick says we're a new band now. Scratch the plain English--the lawyer speak is still in use!

Lola 05-02-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1226156)
I will say-for the media slob that Mick usually is--he wanted no part of talking to this guy. I love the multiple levels of discomfort he/they may be feeling. No matter how removed from reality these people are, they are not used to this level of "hate" if that's the right word.

He looked uncomfortable. Stevie esp isn't used to anything less than adulation.

dreamsunwind 05-02-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1226156)

100% agree.
That's the thing about this situation-- they may lie but they're terrible actors. Everything is so obvious. Like that CBS interview, how awkward it was; their body language, the weird way they skirted around the issue, Stevie's GODAWFUL "I have a solo career and I'm the boss *unnecessary dramatic pause* but I'm not the boss in this band" even though she's literally delayed tours that her other band members were ready to go on, refused to record albums that her other band members were ready to record etc, John's face when she said she wasn't going to complain anymore. The lies are just SO obvious to me I can't fathom how other people can't see it.

In that Rolling Stone interview, it's hysterical if you listen to the commentary from the interviewers at the end. They literally call all of them out on the bs and say several times how ridiculous/hard to believe the entire situation is.

jmn3 05-02-2018 08:25 PM

He looked so uncomfortable. My heart aches for poor Mick having to dodge this crap...:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

bombaysaffires 05-02-2018 08:25 PM

He was def uncomfortable. Good.

Lola 05-02-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1226160)
100% agree.
That's the thing about this situation-- they may lie but they're terrible actors. Everything is so obvious. Like that CBS interview, how awkward it was; their body language, the weird way they skirted around the issue, Stevie's GODAWFUL "I have a solo career and I'm the boss *unnecessary dramatic pause* but I'm not the boss in this band" even though she's literally delayed tours that her other band members were ready to go on, refused to record albums that her other band members were ready to record etc, John's face when she said she wasn't going to complain anymore. The lies are just SO obvious to me I can't fathom how other people can't see it.

In that Rolling Stone interview, it's hysterical if you listen to the commentary from the interviewers at the end. They literally call all of them out on the bs and say several times how ridiculous/hard to believe the entire situation is.

The interviewers comments at the end of the Rolling Stone interview told me ten times more about this band than the interview.

I really look forward to hearing about Mick's meet/greet. I hope he's pelted with questions about LB. Mick better get used to feeling uncomfortable...

dreamsunwind 05-02-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1226134)
just bringing this back around. this thread got completely derailed. this is what many of Stevie-only fans think really happened. but for whatever reason they still can't stop themselves from going around throwing sh*t at Lindsey. they couldn't wait to get rid of him, and yet now they seem to be easily distracted from their happiness and gloating.

I think those fans are mostly just in denial. I don't understand it. You can love Stevie without thinking she's never wrong. She was wrong for this, it reflects badly on her. She is human after all.

elle 05-02-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1226164)
I think those fans are mostly just in denial. I don't understand it. You can love Stevie without thinking she's never wrong. She was wrong for this, it reflects badly on her. She is human after all.

noooooooooo?!?!?! how do you mean, human?!

bombaysaffires 05-02-2018 08:37 PM

And, after her refusing to record with the band since SYW basically, which was 2003, to me the killer piece of the CBS interview was Anthony Mason saying that the band told him "if all goes well, they hope to record".

Now if that isn't the biggest "F-you" to Lindsey Buckingham, tell me what is.

Did people suddenly, miraculously start buying tons of albums in the last month???:eek:

Lola 05-02-2018 08:41 PM

A big ass FU to the fans too who've been waiting for new material from the 5.

Storms123 05-02-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola (Post 1226163)
The interviewers comments at the end of the Rolling Stone interview told me ten times more about this band than the interview.

I really look forward to hearing about Mick's meet/greet. I hope he's pelted with questions about LB. Mick better get used to feeling uncomfortable...

There's probably a clause on no LB questions. They need to "SELL" this lineup. Hence Mick's "we are a new band" comment". However in the back of Moneybags Fleetwoods mind, I have to wonder if he's not thinking how to "right' this. They are not used to this backlash. Poor Neil and Mike--I hope the bar car is full on this tour for them-they are going to need it.
While we all want to hear from Lindsey, he's better off sitting back and letting this band of idiots blow themselves up. Bet Chris is pretty pissed she sold her castle right now! LOL.

iamnotafraid 05-02-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1226109)
Terrible analogy. Christine was the chief hit writer for the band and one of the primary writers/vocalists from 1970-1997, and again in 2014-today.

Terrible? Christine was. Was meaning the very
distant past. Hello 1987. She hasn't had a hit since.
But then, none of them have really.

If Lindsey hadn't have come back in '97, the band (brand)
would not have survived like it has. At least until now.

Double Trouble, Fleetwood Mac...
Both are great backing bands that need a great guitarist
and singer. And unfortunately, both had Stevie(s). The
great one passed on, the other is just hanging on.

iamnotafraid 05-02-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 1226113)
I stand corrected- a miss-placed quotation mark can be very costly!

I do believe a lot of people have "been had" (play on your words) as they don't know about the changes. In my area the tickets went on sale and people just don't know about Lindsey. Most people don't know and maybe don't care about the intricacies of a lot of music groups as much as we do- it's just a night out for entertainment.

But I am a fan and I will be going to see the upcoming tour.

Kill any snakes lately? Hibernation must be over.

Indeed.

Had is right.

Most people - you are correct sir. Bonus points.
Those are the ones I feel sorry for.

Boo hiss to you going to see fake-mac.

Snakes!
Good timing. Last week while cutting grass I had to
stop and pick up a few limbs (crepe myrtle) and throw
them in a pile. There he was, about two feet away.
Time for a gun you ask? Nope. Crepe Myrtle limb.
Country boy can survive.