The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

ButterCookie 08-26-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 1010846)
I know yesterday he was in Manchester, because last week he asked if I wanted to meet up. I was going to, but my bank account is DRY and I wouldn't have been able to afford it. I don't know about his Facebook because the great Facebook crash of last year wiped a substantial amount of friends from my account and refuses to allow me to add them again :s I hope he's okay.

Mm I knew he was coming but didn't know if it was this weekend or next weekend. We'd planned to go to Pride together a few weeks ago but now I have no idea where I stand.

Rowan, if you see this, please can you ring me?

wild-heart 08-26-2011 10:29 AM

I start back at uni in a few weeks and I really don't want to go back. One more year though of the HND and i've already decided theres no way i'm staying for the next three years to do the full degree.

wild-heart 08-26-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 1010404)
Sometimes, complaining can really help you out.

When I first applied to Durham, I applied to the most prestigious college (similar to Hogwarts houses) at the university but didn't get in... they said that it was because I was an international student and all the slots had been filled. I was really disappointed because that college had everything I was looking for -- huge academic focus, VERY formal (grace in latin, black robed dinners) and best of all, it's the only college based in the castle at Durham -- students live in it and our bar/library/common room is inside. I got placed into a very modern college instead.

Well, I complained about my knee issues (since the modern college is far from the English department) and after months of arguing with people, they finally moved me.... to the college I originally wanted! I thought there was no chance I'd get placed in Castle so I am BEYOND thrilled.

Meet my home for the next three years...

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/DSCN1538.jpg

I've never spoke to you before (still pretty new here) but I hope you have a lovely time here in England. And yes it does rain a lot. ;)

Ashley 08-26-2011 02:10 PM

My third grade students tried to teach me about football today. It was quite amusing.

gfd1963 08-26-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild-heart (Post 1010913)
And yes it does rain a lot. ;)

Especially today. Only 16 degrees and non stop rain all day where I live. That's a good old English summer for you.:(

wild-heart 08-26-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfd1963 (Post 1010934)
Especially today. Only 16 degrees and non stop rain all day where I live. That's a good old English summer for you.:(

Rained here all day aswell. Yes, typical English weather. Not sure if i would have it any other way though, i love the rain :D

gfd1963 08-26-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild-heart (Post 1010939)
Rained here all day aswell. Yes, typical English weather. Not sure if i would have it any other way though, i love the rain :D

I don't mind if it if its warm. A couple of weeks ago I was out walking on the Yorkshire Moors on a warm, sunny wet day. It was fabulous :)

wild-heart 08-26-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfd1963 (Post 1010989)
I don't mind if it if its warm. A couple of weeks ago I was out walking on the Yorkshire Moors on a warm, sunny wet day. It was fabulous :)

Sounds lovely, i love walking places when the weathers like that. It was like that a few weeks ago when I was walking to town, ahh Stevie on the ipod a little bit of sun & rain. I felt so at peace aha. (: It is true what they say, us Brits love talking about the weather!!!

gfd1963 08-26-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild-heart (Post 1010996)
It is true what they say, us Brits love talking about the weather!!!

Probably because it's so unpredictable and never does what it's supposed to. :)

wild-heart 08-26-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfd1963 (Post 1011008)
Probably because it's so unpredictable and never does what it's supposed to. :)

Yes unpredictable it is! Like when it looks sunny and lovely but as soon as you get out it pisses down and you have no coat. aha! Random question. You been a fleetwood mac fan for long? (:

Silver Springs 08-26-2011 07:44 PM

Being somewhat of a Troll in mind this evening, I've been looking through past threads that I have posted in since my reign of terror earlier days on the board. And I've realised something quite interesting. My use of colloquialism isn't quite as "understood" as I assume it is when I'm typing away. I could say the most innocent of things, something that is so ingrained in my language structure that I barely even recognise it as local vernacular any longer, and receive the utmost for offence. For example, many moons ago I happened to mention that "Lindsey fans were the sh.it", and received negative comments because of it under an assumption that I had disparaged my own kind. When in fact "the sh.it" is a good thing. That was pretty awkward.

You just don't realise the effect of your words until it's already too late to take them back. I suppose this is a lesson that works beyond idiomatic language and translates perfectly well into anything that could be responded to negatively.

mylittledemon 08-26-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 1010451)
I love you Jannie! I'll definitely make the most of it, simply because I feel so blessed to be going.

Now let's just pray that I have no visa issues... I'm cutting it close with the visa and I'm pretty petrified.

hey I'm a permanent resident of NZ... if they let me in, they'll let your smart self into Enga-lund.

gfd1963 08-27-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild-heart (Post 1011011)
Yes unpredictable it is! Like when it looks sunny and lovely but as soon as you get out it pisses down and you have no coat. aha! Random question. You been a fleetwood mac fan for long? (:

I always kind of liked them a bit but it wasn't until I saw them in 2004 in Newcastle that I became hooked. I only went because I was in the mood to go to a concert and looked to see who was on, saw Fleetwood Mac and though "they'll do". I was blown away by how good they actually were. When I got back I surfed the net for info and found the Ledge and lurked on here for years before I joined. Had excellent tickets for Sheffield for the Unleased tour but couldn't make it due to illness - I was devastated. I live in hope that they will return!

gfd1963 08-27-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 1011079)
"You just don't realise the effect of your words until it's already too late to take them back. I suppose this is a lesson that works beyond idiomatic language and translates perfectly well into anything that could be responded to negatively.

We live and learn, Bee :)

wild-heart 08-27-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfd1963 (Post 1011168)
I always kind of liked them a bit but it wasn't until I saw them in 2004 in Newcastle that I became hooked. I only went because I was in the mood to go to a concert and looked to see who was on, saw Fleetwood Mac and though "they'll do". I was blown away by how good they actually were. When I got back I surfed the net for info and found the Ledge and lurked on here for years before I joined. Had excellent tickets for Sheffield for the Unleased tour but couldn't make it due to illness - I was devastated. I live in hope that they will return!

ahh (: I am so jealous that you've saw them live! I hope they do tour again so I can actually go. Stevie mentioned something about there being a tour when her solo stuff winds down from this album. so fingers crossed.