The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

vivfox 06-04-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 990782)
If I present my portfolio to a store in Leeds next week and the man working there likes what he sees, I have the opportunity to sell prints of my work there! I'm so excited. I hope he likes what he sees when I present my work :)

I would think he would be impressed. I know I am. Good Luck Bee!

Silver Springs 06-04-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 990847)
I would think he would be impressed. I know I am. Good Luck Bee!

Thank you. That means alot. *Nervous*

I like your signature, by the way :)

markolas 06-04-2011 05:02 PM

There are times when my boyfriend drives me right up a GD wall. Now is one of those times. :rolleyes:

JTIS

louielouie2000 06-04-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 990894)
There are times when my boyfriend drives me right up a GD wall. Now is one of those times. :rolleyes:

JTIS

Boy, do I know how you feel! In Charlotte, I had my own "mancave" on the second floor of our condo where I could escape, decompress, have some privacy, watch my own movies, listen to my own music, read books in silence, etc. But in order to conserve costs, my bf and I live in a 1 bedroom here in Austin. The lack of space and privacy is more than I can bear some days LOL. I just need my recharge time & space to be able to function. And my bf is very busy & chatty. He NEVER needs any quiet time. In fact, he has to have noise and activity around him at all times. He cannot stand silence, so he has like all these fans running, he's always clanging around doing something, always has music or the TV on, never ever stops talking, etc. Thus, =I= never get any quiet time. Drive me NUTS!! :lol:

fumidesigns 06-04-2011 08:02 PM

setlzer water rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HomerMcvie 06-05-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 990923)
Boy, do I know how you feel! In Charlotte, I had my own "mancave" on the second floor of our condo where I could escape, decompress, have some privacy, watch my own movies, listen to my own music, read books in silence, etc. But in order to conserve costs, my bf and I live in a 1 bedroom here in Austin. The lack of space and privacy is more than I can bear some days LOL. I just need my recharge time & space to be able to function. And my bf is very busy & chatty. He NEVER needs any quiet time. In fact, he has to have noise and activity around him at all times. He cannot stand silence, so he has like all these fans running, he's always clanging around doing something, always has music or the TV on, never ever stops talking, etc. Thus, =I= never get any quiet time. Drive me NUTS!! :lol:

That would drive me batsh*t crazy. If I didn't have at least a couple of QUIET hours a day, I might kill someone!:lol:

holidayroad 06-05-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

I understand what you mean!! I love my husband, but he seems to want noise all of the time. He talks loud, he listens to the TV loud, and some days, it is just too much! It's not tht I don't want to be right with him, it's that I want it be a little more silent!

markolas 06-05-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

I just need my recharge time & space to be able to function. And my bf is very busy & chatty. He NEVER needs any quiet time. In fact, he has to have noise and activity around him at all times. He cannot stand silence, so he has like all these fans running, he's always clanging around doing something, always has music or the TV on, never ever stops talking, etc. Thus, =I= never get any quiet time. Drive me NUTS!! :lol:

A therapist once told me that I'm the most introverted client she's ever had. :laugh: I'm naturally very low-energy, and I need quiet time to recharge after doing just about anything that involves being out & about. My bf can't understand this at all and takes it really, really personally, despite my numerous explanations to the contrary. He continues to think it's a problem that I need to get over.

He's the kind that *has* to be doing something all the time - he's very high-strung, cannot relax, and literally cannot sit still for more than 5 minutes without getting bored, fidgety, irritated, and depressed. And he's *very* passive-aggressive about it. It's starting to become a big problem, I'm afraid.

ontheEdgeof17 06-05-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markolas (Post 991091)

He's the kind that *has* to be doing something all the time - he's very high-strung, cannot relax, and literally cannot sit still for more than 5 minutes without getting bored, fidgety, irritated, and depressed. And he's *very* passive-aggressive about it. It's starting to become a big problem, I'm afraid.

This was one problem that ended my relationship. We lived together and he always wanted to go out and be in the scene...nightly. I, on the other hand, work 12 hour shifts and was usually tired or just had no interest in going out for a drink or dinner when we had food in the house. He eventually started going out all the time without me and ended up meeting someone who likes to go out all the time like he does. :cool:

Heartboy 06-05-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 989644)
you might want to try taking your own advice :nod:

Not sure why you feel the need to slam me all the time but don't reply to my comments, anymore.

Summer is here, it's almost 80! That's to hot! :eek:

75 and sunny all summer would be just perfect!:cool:

Silver Springs 06-05-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartboy (Post 991134)
Not sure why you feel the need to slam me all the time but don't reply to my comments, anymore.

Not to poke my nose into a situation, but you can't tell people what they can and can't reply to. Freedom of Speech. Ever hear of it?

Heartboy 06-05-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 991144)
Not to poke my nose into a situation, but you can't tell people what they can and can't reply to. Freedom of Speech. Ever hear of it?

If they or you have a problem with me, try ignoring me, others do.

Silver Springs 06-05-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartboy (Post 991150)
If they or you have a problem with me, try ignoring me, others do.

Don't recall ever claiming to have a problem with you. Was just an observation. Think of it what you will.

fumidesigns 06-05-2011 05:57 PM

Lmaoooooooooooooooooo JTIS!!!!!!

Heartboy 06-05-2011 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=Silver Springs;991152]Don't recall ever claiming to have a problem with you. [/QUOTE

HA, being snarly to me comes naturally? :lol:

Hey, I just asked not to be bugged by that person, that's all. :shrug:

But back to the point of this thread.....