The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LB Live Performance on April 22 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46536)

CADreaming 04-23-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969829)
Thank you for these. The chorus of this song just flew straight over my head last night. It was like he was just suddenly shouting very fast and I wasn't hearing. It's so great to be able to see the video and to have them all embedded here.

Michele

Thankful to the person who took the videos! It's almost as good as being there.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the chorus. Any thoughts?

gldstwmn 04-23-2011 04:42 PM

Papa looks and sounds good. It brings a smile to my face to see him.

michelej1 04-23-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 969833)
Thankful to the person who took the videos! It's almost as good as being there.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the chorus. Any thoughts?

Chorus starts off with the words, "In a different world . . ." After that I'm lost. In fact, I listed that as the title of the song because that's the only part of the chorus I understood:lol:.

So, we've figured out "in a different world . .. that's the way love goes, it goes, it goes."

Michele

shackin'up 04-23-2011 04:56 PM

There's one thing that these clips all connect: hooks. It's amazing how melodicly catchy all the songs are. I can't get over the impression that he wrote these songs with a new Macalbum in mind. End of Time sounds the most classic Mac. I'm very curious how these songs will sound in the studioversions. You'll never know with this man....

WelshwitchPMD: thanks for some pretty good recordings from this side of the pond. You're priceless.....

michelej1 04-23-2011 05:05 PM

Oh, Pattie those are your videos? Fantastic. I should have known. Thank you!:)

Michele

sodascouts 04-23-2011 05:51 PM

Oh my gosh these are amazing! "Stars" blew me away! When is this album coming out?

SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED!!!

CADreaming 04-23-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 969899)
Oh my gosh these are amazing! "Stars" blew me away! When is this album coming out?

SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED!!!

He said September, but he also said he has no label and I think this was supposed to be a showcase to a lot of label execs (who didn't show?)... :shrug:

Anyway, I hope it comes out in September but I would prefer May 3rd. :lol:

danax6 04-23-2011 05:57 PM

Christmas has come early. :shocked:

WelshWitchPMD 04-23-2011 06:05 PM

Here are a few not so great photos I took last night. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...3&l=df2ac0e16f

Sahara 04-23-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969524)
Another quickie, before I get on the freeway.

Lindsey gave a very cute intro. He came out to a standing ovation and said, “Save it. Save it. You can stand up when I make a more formal appearance.” He said he was just coming out now, informally, to let us know what was going on. The show is being taped for a DVD. The DVD and the album and the tour that goes with it won’t come out until September. So, this is all in preparation and there will be some moments of artifice that we’ll witness. He said that there will be some times when he won’t know what to say and he might have to consult his notes [he was joking, that never happened]. So, he said he was going to leave and when he comes back out, we can stand up again and clap. “This never happened,” he cautioned us, before disappearing.

Too cute!! As if he needs notes to remember his making-a-solo-album-is-like-painting-a-picture schpeel. I love all of this, and I love him even more :D

Quote:

His voice was strong and powerful. He slowed down the temple for Go Insane and sang it in a deeper tone, which kind of took me by surprise, not sure if I liked that as much as the other arrangement.
Are we back to acoustic Go Insane, or did he keep the fuller band arrangement like on Unleashed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969782)
Lindsey was ULTRA relaxed. Just natural.

This might be the best news of all :o

As for a September release / tour, it's about what I expected. He seems to like his autumn tours. It's not ideal for me to go and see him then, but it wasn't going to be a long trip anyway so I won't miss much college.

Gah, I'm having one of my shaking-with-excitement posts, and I haven't even watched the videos yet! I wanted so much to be at this show, I knew it would be so special for fans. I'm really glad it was :)

erwk05 04-23-2011 06:47 PM

thanks heaps welshwitch you rock!
loving the vids but now im more impatient for the album!

btw whats with ith lindseys shoulder wiggles :):shrug:

ontheEdgeof17 04-23-2011 06:51 PM

Loving this new stuff.

I pray this stuff sees the light of day soon enough. I'm hungry for new Lindsey tunes!

AliceLover 04-23-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969829)
Thank you for these. The chorus of this song just flew straight over my head last night. It was like he was just suddenly shouting very fast and I wasn't hearing. It's so great to be able to see the video and to have them all embedded here.

Michele

It is definitely reminiscent of "Love Runs Deeper." I think "Stars" is "Red Rover's" little brother and "Illumination" is "Gift of Screws" step child. :lol:

How was Turn it On? I was shocked he added it back into the set. It is a much better choice than "Don't Look Down"...At least the GOS arrangement. Maybe he was just as bitter as me that TIO didn't make the Bass Hall DVD.

3rd World Man 04-23-2011 08:08 PM

WOW amazing AWEsome, I can't say enough good things about all these vids, px and reviews!! Thanks so much to everyone who posted, I'm excitedly rummaging through it all, trying to take it in, it's a bit overwhelming (in a good way!) I must say I was a bit skeptical when one of the first things I heard was Lindsey saying he thought this might be the best he's done...but even a first listen says "hmmm...you may be RIGHT Mr. Buckingham!"
But because OoTC is such a stunning masterpiece, I think most people who adore that album would be skeptical that anything could TOP that...I mean, c'mon! And TUSK? Don't get me started! I sooooo can't wait to hear these new songs in glorious LB-over-production stereo sound :laugh: **sigh** why must we wait 1/3 of a year :confused:
I for one, am ready for some LEGENDARY LINDSEY :cool::nod: bring it on!!!

michelej1 04-23-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahara (Post 969926)

Are we back to acoustic Go Insane, or did he keep the fuller band arrangement like on Unleashed?

Yes, acoustic again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 969953)
How was Turn it On?

It was great, better than on the last tour.

Michele

michelej1 04-23-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 969900)
He said September, but he also said he has no label and I think this was supposed to be a showcase to a lot of label execs (who didn't show?)... :shrug:

Anyway, I hope it comes out in September but I would prefer May 3rd. :lol:

If he doesn't get a record label, I hope he's not scared to put it out himself.

Just sell it on your website, Lindsey. For us not to get this stuff would be a crime. This can't be shelved like GOS I was.

I was afraid that they wouldn't want cameras because they were taping this, but actually, they probably wanted this on Youtube. They want this out there to help get a label. Lindsey's people are probably on Youtube watching how many hits these videos get, so they can use those stats when they are shopping this record.

Michele

Nico 04-23-2011 09:24 PM

I just want to say that I love everything I have seen on this thread. Everything. My genius bb never fails me. I'm of course not thrilled that I live in the freaking midwest and have a demanding job that requires my undivided attention this month, because believe me I would have been there. Michele, Elle, Pattie, CADreaming...what would we do without all of you (and others I didn't mention, my apologies) sharing this with us? The incredible recap, the videos, the freaking MP3...I love my LB fans, ugh.

I am thrilled. I will be certain to put on my traveling boots in September because this is going to be epic. Lindsey Buckingham is an American treasure and all of us who love and adore his immense talent are fortunate to be able to know of his existence/see him live in person/buy his music. It's just too great. He's one of those one-of-a-kind artists. Look, marvel, bask in all of the greatness that he exudes because he's one artist you won't find another of, period.

Thank you and I'm out. :)

TrueFaith77 04-23-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 970007)
I just want to say that I love everything I have seen on this thread. Everything. My genius bb never fails me. I'm of course not thrilled that I live in the freaking midwest and have a demanding job that requires my undivided attention this month, because believe me I would have been there. Michele, Pattie, CADreaming...what would we do without all of you (and others I didn't mention, my apologies) sharing this with us? The incredible recap, the videos, the freaking MP3...I love my LB fans, ugh.

I am thrilled. I will be certain to put on my traveling boots in September because this is going to be epic. Lindsey Buckingham is an American treasure and all of us who love and adore his immense talent are fortunate to be able to know of his existence/see him live in person/buy his music. It's just too great. He's one of those one-of-a-kind artists. Look, marvel, bask in all of the greatness that he exudes because he's one artist you won't find another of, period.

Thank you and I'm out. :)

I agree with all of this. Especially bummed that I missed it since Wed night I ended up getting beaten up and spent wed/thurs in an emergency room--all the time thinking: I shouldn't be here; I should have gone to California! :lol: But I digress: not sure to what mp3s you are referring...

Yes, elle, michelle, etc. these recaps and youtube clips are treasures in and of themselves. Thank you all for this and so much else.

Based on the necessary limitations of cameraphones and YouTube, the two tracks that most strike me are 1) "End of Time" which I think is gorgeous and totally seductive melody--and he's right, it IS the end of time: I can FEEL it; and 2) "Stars Gone Crazy" which absolutely made me well up with emotion--which strangely synchronizes with my current existential angst.

michelej1 04-23-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 970025)
I agree with all of this. Especially bummed that I missed it since Wed night I ended up getting beaten up and spent wed/thurs in an emergency room--all the time thinking: I shouldn't be here; I should have gone to California! :lol: But I digress: not sure to what mp3s you are referring...

I'm so sorry to hear you were beaten. I wish you'd been here too, or any place but where it happened. Please have a speedy recovery.:distress:

CADreaming made an MP3 of Stars. That's what the post referred to.

Michele

CADreaming 04-23-2011 10:18 PM

Mini Seeds

Here are the mp3's. Missing "Seeds We Sow". Hopefully we'll have that tomorrow. Thanks again, Pattie!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...bminiseeds.jpg

In Our Own Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/adc9xx

Process of Illumination - http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

Stars Are Crazy - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsjaoy

The End of Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzq93t

The Way Love Goes - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rmkbw

Farrah 04-23-2011 10:25 PM

Terrific! Thank you for the MP3s.

IMO, some of these sound UTS-like (i.e. "take the musical idea of "Say Goodbye" and run with it"), but I hear the beginnings of a great new album here.

Very excited for the fall. :)

TrueFaith77 04-23-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970030)
I'm so sorry to hear you were beaten. I wish you'd been here too, or any place but where it happened. Please have a speedy recovery.:distress:

CADreaming made an MP3 of Stars. That's what the post referred to.

Michele

Thank you for the good word. Hate to bring that kinda personal info here but figure it's the perfect conclusion to the cautionary tale about the Lindsey tickets. I wish I had gone, but as all things in life, there were blessings: my best friend is in town so I had someone to take care of me these last few days and... now to hear to new Lindsey songs makes me count my blessings twice as much.

Thank you, CADreaming for these Mini Seeds.

We should start a thread assembling the tracklist as with In Your Dreams. That proved a fun way for everyone to play detective and share updates in anticipation of what was a far-off release date. We've got 7 tracks down.

nodmod 04-24-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 970032)
Here are the mp3's. Missing "Seeds We Sow". Hopefully we'll have that tomorrow. Thanks again, Pattie!

In Our Own Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uj3zpw

Process of Illumination - http://www.sendspace.com/file/087ymd

Stars Are Crazy - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lsjaoy

The End of Time - http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzq93t

The Way Love Goes - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rmkbw

Thanks for these, loving Stars Gone Crazy

elle 04-24-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodmod (Post 970156)
Thanks for these, loving Stars Gone Crazy

loving all of them:thumbsup:, although stars not that much. but the other 4 are so great, i don't know which one to listen to first:]:]

TrueFaith77 04-24-2011 10:23 AM

I think the songs sound very much like extensions of the work he was doing on Gift of Screws.

And as with that album, I keep wishing this were part of a Fleetwood Mac album.

Lindsey's on fire.

michelej1 04-24-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 970169)
loving all of them:thumbsup:, although stars not that much. but the other 4 are so great, i don't know which one to listen to first:]:]

Stars was my favorite when I left the concert Friday, but since I've been listening to these, I think I like "In Our Own Time" best. However, that's a shade of distinction that means little. I love End of Time, Stars and In Our Own Time all very much.

I'm so/so on Illumination, but I do like the rather sinister start, "I've got a bad reputation and you've got something to hide." Makes me feel all film noir-y.

Michele

CADreaming 04-24-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970257)
Stars was my favorite when I left the concert Friday, but since I've been listening to these, I think I like "In Our Own Time" best. However, that's a shade of distinction that means little. I love End of Time, Stars and In Our Own Time all very much.

I'm so/so on Illumination, but I do like the rather sinister start, "I've got a bad reputation and you've got something to hide." Makes me feel all film noir-y.

Michele

Illumination makes me think of Fritz. It's got a '60's psychedelic feel.

Btw, I didn't like the sound, so here's a new file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

I had the gain or something too low. Some of the other audiophiles like Brandon can probably doctor these up better....

WelshWitchPMD 04-24-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 970289)
Illumination makes me think of Fritz. It's got a '60's psychedelic feel.

Btw, I didn't like the sound, so here's a new file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/20d18r

I had the gain or something too low. Some of the other audiophiles like Brandon can probably doctor these up better....

You must have ESP! I was just listening to POI and thought the sound was too low. I thought it was from my file. You did a fine job with these MP3s! Thank you so much!
Yes, POI has a 60s feel for sure. I love it! Sounds like some group but I can't think of the name of it right now.
Oh and Seeds We Sow has been converted but my internet is not working right now. If it comes up I'm going to try to upload it asap.

elle 04-24-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970257)

Michele

it's interesting how we all have different favorites and listen to different things in a song. when i left the concert my favorites were Illumination and The way love goes. although i felt a little strange that songs that i liked the most did not sound to me like a typical LB. when i started listening to Pattie's videos i thought i liked In our own time the best and was pleasantly surprised that what i managed to capture on video was that song... now in our own time and the way love goes are my definite favorites with illumination following close, although i do like the other two also, and i think that Stars sounds the most like typical LB stuff he's been doing in the last 10 years...

but what i listen to is mostly how the music/rhythm sounds, and barely register the words unless they are really great or really in-your-face horrible... from your description of the songs, i think you pay more attention to words and that's probably why we have different favorites.:)

good thing he gave us 6 songs all at once so we all love some of them:thumbsup:

actually, after sleeping on all the excitement, i have to admit that no matter how much i liked UTS and GOS, before friday i believed he peaked with 2001 GoS 1, and that he'd never write again something that good. so, i'm so happy to be a fan at this time and feel privileged to even know this is happening. my expectations were so much lower and i just LOVE this group of songs and think they are unbelievable! like TrueFaith said - Lindsey's on fire!

CADreaming 04-24-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 969724)

So, um, how many of the lyrics do you think Kristen will get credit for writing?:cool:

Michele

:lol::lol::lol:

No comment.

CADreaming 04-24-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 970038)

Thank you, CADreaming for these Mini Seeds.

You and everyone are very welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 970294)
You must have ESP! I was just listening to POI and thought the sound was too low. I thought it was from my file. You did a fine job with these MP3s! Thank you so much!

LOL about the esp - prob not. I finally listened to them consecutively and it stood out like a sore thumb. Glad you like!

Quote:

Yes, POI has a 60s feel for sure. I love it! Sounds like some group but I can't think of the name of it right now.
Oh and Seeds We Sow has been converted but my internet is not working right now. If it comes up I'm going to try to upload it asap.
Awesome news! I can't wait to hear it!

michelej1 04-24-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 970295)
actually, after sleeping on all the excitement, i have to admit that no matter how much i liked UTS and GOS, before friday i believed he peaked with 2001 GoS 1, and that he'd never write again something that good. so, i'm so happy to be a fan at this time and feel privileged to even know this is happening. my expectations were so much lower and i just LOVE this group of songs and think they are unbelievable! like TrueFaith said - Lindsey's on fire!

If anything, I thought GOS 2 was a peak. I was in no way disappointed with UTS when it came out, but my reaction to GOS 2 was so different that I realized that UTS had been lacking and I had not acknowledged it.

With these songs, I feel as good about the new album as I did with GOS2 and I just can't believe he is putting out two stellar albums in such a short time span. I'm sad that he's making music that is so much better than Rumours, but it will never be heard by anyone.

As for lyrics, yes I am into them most of all. However, with In Our Own Time, I think the guitar work is hot. I would enjoy that as just an instrumental.

Michele

michelej1 04-24-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 970294)
right now. If it comes up I'm going to try to upload it asap.

Practically barking with anticipation. I like this, well the ending particularly, not those horrendous lyrics that proceed it, as a slow song for the tour and I would be pleased to have him whip it out when he goes to radio stations to promote the album. May I never have to hear TPT in concert again.

I'm so glad you taped everything. What a keepsake.

Michele

elle 04-24-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970345)
I just can't believe he is putting out two stellar albums in such a short time span. I'm sad that he's making music that is so much better than Rumours, but it will never be heard by anyone.

yes, completely agree!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

(although i do think SHN and GYOW are lasting perfection, but he may have not had such a string of great new songs in a short time span as GOS1 and these new ones, imo)

michelej1 04-24-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 970354)
(although i do think SHN and GYOW are lasting perfection, but he may have not had such a string of great new songs in a short time span as GOS1 and these new ones, imo)

I agree about GYOW and SHN and I think he had incredible Tusk songs as well. I don't mean to besmirch his past accomplishments. I just wish he had the opportunity for exposure today that he had then. He's doing astounding work.

Michele

Lindsfan 04-24-2011 08:20 PM

My first LB solo concert!!

I was another one of the lucky ones who got to see Lindsey's concert, and it was beyond anything I imagined. Sorry for this late review, but it's been such a busy weekend, this is the first chance I've had!

Michele, bless her heart, already gave you the complete run down, so I'll just give you a few of my own observations. Like I said, the concert exceeded everything I had hoped it would be. Maybe because I've never seen him solo before, but, I think really, because he's THAT good!

The first thing that was apparent to probably everybody was that the photos and videos from the TEC awards were horrible. He looked nothing like them!! He looks so much younger in real-life : ) He had a nice, healthy tan, and has put on a few pounds - good pounds...he was in excellent shape! He looked more like somewhere between SYW and UTS era Lindsey. He rocked faded blue jeans, tight, but not too tight ( his butt looked great, thank you very much! ), and just looked, um, HOT!! His leather jacket was fitted nicely, so he looked really muscular and his henley fit well too, rather than hanging off of him. It was a good black/brown color ( thank god not red! ). The outfit suited him and he looked comfortable, looked like the rock star he is! Frankly, he was beautiful. Stunning, in fact. I was in the 4th row, so I had a good view, and I wasn't disappointed in the least. He just looked sooooooo good!!!

Equally apparent was that he was relaxed, and having a really good time!! No tenseness, or melancholy at all. Just happy, and his smile lit up the place!! Everything about his look, and demeanor, was what I had hoped it would be. Not only did he look as good as he ever has, but he sounded as good too!! He really did. His voice was so strong, and he just hit everything right. He played brilliantly too, and even the standards ( ISA, NGBA, TRBL, etc, ) sounded great. If they seemed tired on the Unleashed tour, they didnt on Friday night. Trouble and NGBA were a good tempo ( not quite as perfect as Soundstage, but not as drawn out as GOS or UL ). He went back to the acoustic Go Insane, and it really showd off how commanding his voice still is. The climax of the song was crazy good, and I don't know how his guitar takes that kind of intenseness!! *chills*, as always!!

Every one of his new songs sounded amazing, and the audience clearly was digging them. God, what a treat to hear them! Waiting for September will be excruciating. Even with ripped mp3's I want to hear the actual album so bad. The song that I've been hummimg since I left the concert - and am still humming as I type, is In Our Own Time. When he got to the part where it starts to rock out, everyone just loved it, it sound really cool. I agree totally with shackin' up about the hooks...that all the songs were truly catchy, and would easily play on the radio, but still had a Lindsey edge to them. Several of you have said how POI reminds you of something from the 60's. As soon as it started, my first thought was he was doing a John Stewart cover! The beginning ( and only the beginning ) sound a LOT like Greenback Dollar by the Kingston Trio. It's definitely only a nod though, as Lindsey then takes it in another direction entirely.

Thank you Elle for alerting me to this event even happening! If I hadn't read your tweet, I would have missed this most amazing concert, and time with friends!! And thank you Pattie and Elle for the great videos you've posted, and for encouraging me to fly down the coast to LA!!

I didn't get much video of the new songs - too intent on listening, plus I didn't bring my good camera 'cause I thought they wouldn't let me in, so I borrowed my son's ipod not knowing how much space was available. I only got a few snippets : / I did get all of In Our Own Time, though ( the only new song in it's entirety ). I also got Shut Us Down, in full, which he opened with, and also his speech at the beginning, which Michele described in amazing detail : ) earlier. They're posted below, along with the end of Go Insane, and the beginning of NGBA - including a bit of the new intro he teased us with!

In Our Time:

Intro:

Go Insane (clip):

NGBA (clip):

SUD:

TrueFaith77 04-24-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 970348)
Practically barking with anticipation.

Oh is that what Lindsey means with all that barking he does?

Quote:

May I never have to hear TPT in concert again.

truth

Quote:

I'm so glad you taped everything. What a keepsake.

Yes, this is all very exciting and much appreciated.

elle 04-24-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsfan (Post 970468)
and also his speech at the beginning, which Michele described in amazing detail : ) earlier.

yay, you got the speech! i was really regretting not having that.

Lindsfan 04-24-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 970485)
yay, you got the speech! i was really regretting not having that.

I got more, when he came out the second time - "for real" - but the video i shot was so shaky, Elle. I was just so darn excited, my hands were shaking so bad!!!

Hawkeye 04-24-2011 09:22 PM

Clearly Lindsey doesnt share t Stevie's fears of hearing his new songs on Youtube before hearing the album.