The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   On with the Show tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60269)

soul_drifter333 02-27-2024 08:40 PM

There's an alternate studio version on one of the import singles from that time that is really good. I haven't compared it to the version on the Tusk deluxe edition to see if they're the same though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1292537)
I was never a fan of the live version but I do dig the studio version of Not That Funny on TUSK!

jbrownsjr 02-28-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1292537)
I was never a fan of the live version but I do dig the studio version of Not That Funny on TUSK!

Get out of this thread and never come back!!! :wavey::laugh:

Villavic 02-28-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292532)
I've told this story 5000 times here, but the only way my friends would watch Mirage in high school, was if I fast forwarded through NTF. They HATED the screaming.

So what? That proves nothing, except that that's what the world is made of. If everyone liked the same thing, how boring this world would be. The fact that there are different tastes, and so different people, is what I love about this world.

The screaming isn't my favorite part but it doesn't really bother me.

Villavic 02-28-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1292534)
They cut the drum solo.

That's right. The Deluxe version lasts 9:01

The video version lasts 10:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrCeJdyPqE

soul_drifter333 02-28-2024 10:11 AM

And I didn't even notice or care. :lol: Never really understood drum solos to begin with and there's only a few I even care to listen to.

I actually didn't really listen to the CD version much since it didn't sound remastered and I had already played the video a lot . Same with the Bella Donna concert on Stevie's deluxe. Also, there's no real reason to go into the fact that they left off songs, but...;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1292545)
That's right. The Deluxe version lasts 9:01

The video version lasts 10:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrCeJdyPqE

Villavic 02-28-2024 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1292546)
And I didn't even notice or care.

I didn't notice either. Then you must be thinking "How can you say it's your favorite part?".

Well it's my favorite part because it's friday night and I always play that video after a bottle of merlot. Perfect combination. ;)

jbrownsjr 02-28-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1292546)
And I didn't even notice or care. :lol: Never really understood drum solos to begin with and there's only a few I even care to listen to.

I actually didn't really listen to the CD version much since it didn't sound remastered and I had already played the video a lot . Same with the Bella Donna concert on Stevie's deluxe. Also, there's no real reason to go into the fact that they left off songs, but...;)

The drum solo is funny because he gets his drum stuck under a snare or his tom (can't remember) . And he's absolutely wasted. Worse than Christine, or maybe they are equal.

HomerMcvie 02-28-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1292548)
The drum solo is funny because he gets his drum stuck under a snare or his tom (can't remember) . And he's absolutely wasted. Worse than Christine, or maybe they are equal.

Under his first tom. I noticed that the very first time I watched it.

Mr Scarrott 02-28-2024 01:08 PM

Not that Funny is the one Lindsey song on Tusk that I can't abide. I really like some of the Brian Wilson-esque touches on tracks like Save me a place, Walk a thin line and That's all for everyone; I know I'm not wrong and That's enough for me might almost be throwaway but they're fun; I really love the zanyness of The Ledge and the mesemeric nature of the title track. What makes you think you're the one is the only other one that is debatable for me and after it there is a grateful relief in getting to to the beauty of Storms .

Not that Funny just seems lazy and soon outstays any welcome I could possibly be persuaded to give it. It can't quite be hidden away and forgotten about like some of the worst moments of the Beatles' White Album-there is a limit to how much indulgence I can give to Mr B.

HomerMcvie 02-28-2024 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1292551)
Not that Funny is the one Lindsey song on Tusk that I can't abide. I really like some of the Brian Wilson-esque touches on tracks like Save me a place, Walk a thin line and That's all for everyone; I know I'm not wrong and That's enough for me might almost be throwaway but they're fun; I really love the zanyness of The Ledge and the mesemeric nature of the title track. What makes you think you're the one is the only other one that is debatable for me and after it there is a grateful relief in getting to to the beauty of Storms .

Not that Funny just seems lazy and soon outstays any welcome I could possibly be persuaded to give it. It can't quite be hidden away and forgotten about like some of the worst moments of the Beatles' White Album-there is a limit to how much indulgence I can give to Mr B.

I disagree on WMYTYTO. I love that song. Probably my favorite Lindsey song on Tusk. But you are correct on NTF. It's garbage. And yet Lindsey identifies with it. For some crazy reason!

soul_drifter333 02-28-2024 03:33 PM

Mick should have received some type of award for being able to play while his crew poured beer (and who know whatever else) down his throat. :p

I actually didn't mind when he came down front and played the African bongo drum on the first tour, but by the time he got to the electronic vest with the programmed car crashes and screams it was definitely too much and waaaayyyy too long. By that time there was nothing to stop him until the next line was waiting backstage for him to consume.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1292548)

jbrownsjr 02-28-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1292554)
Mick should have received some type of award for being able to play while his crew poured beer (and who know whatever else) down his throat. :p

I actually didn't mind when he came down front and played the African bongo drum on the first tour, but by the time he got to the electronic vest with the programmed car crashes and screams it was definitely too much and waaaayyyy too long. By that time there was nothing to stop him until the next line was waiting backstage for him to consume.

The problem with his up front and center is: It's not consistently good. My fav. is when Christine John and LB are riffing with him. But, I've heard a few of those that are so underwhelming.

Mr Scarrott 02-28-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1292552)
But you are correct on NTF. It's garbage. And yet Lindsey identifies with it. For some crazy reason!

He may well be a genius, but that doesn't stop him having blind spots...